• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10.0][OFFICIAL]LineageOS 17.1[guacamoleb]

Search This thread

ash4win

Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2018
Kozhikode
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Boot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build
  • Boot to recovery again
  • Flash gapps
  • Reboot

Downloads :

Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Common Device tree: Here
Device tree: Here
Kernel tree: Here

XDA:DevDB Information
guacamoleb-lineage, ROM for the OnePlus 7

Contributors
ash4win
Source Code: https://github.com/lineageos

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Android 10
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-06-03
Last Updated 2020-06-21

strongst

Senior Moderator / Developer Committee
Staff member
Sep 18, 2007
thank's
HTC Desire
Smart Watches
Excellent work @ash4win :highfive:

I tried it the following way coming from OxygenOS with encrypted storage:

Backup everything off your device!

1. Remove lockscreen pin from OxygenOS which removes encryption too to prevent mounting issues of internal storage (I'm doing this every time)
2. Reboot to TWRP
3. Wipe System and Data partition
4. Flash Lineage OS
5. Flash TWRP installer(the same as your TWRP, otherwise you will end up in LineageOS TWRP)
6. Flash Magisk
7. Reboot TWRP
8. Flash Gapps (BIT/Opengapps)
9. Format data within TWRP
10. Reboot

Last edited:

ZenR2

Sep 14, 2014
www.coredragon.in
Can someone plz mention the exact full steps to install it, I haven't tried any custom rom on oneplus 7 yet, currently am running latest oos
I have read the op, but confused after formating data can i flash directly the lineage rom or have to flash oos rom then lineage rom
Thanks in advance :)

strongst

Senior Moderator / Developer Committee
Staff member
Sep 18, 2007
thank's
HTC Desire
Smart Watches
Can someone plz mention the exact full steps to install it, I haven't tried any custom rom on oneplus 7 yet, currently am running latest oos
I have read the op, but confused after formating data can i flash directly the lineage rom or have to flash oos rom then lineage rom
Thanks in advance :)
Please see above:)

Reactions: ZenR2

Cehmu77

Jun 3, 2020
Can someone tell me how to update the rom when current version is rooted and magisk installed.
Can we update the rom directly via Lineage os updater along with magisk.
I have installed 31-5 build and somehow i messed with the update process and stuck in bootloop.

ash4win

Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2018
Kozhikode
Can someone tell me how to update the rom when current version is rooted and magisk installed.
Can we update the rom directly via Lineage os updater along with magisk.
I have installed 31-5 build and somehow i messed with the update process and stuck in bootloop.

Updating via ota rewrites the bootimage, hence removing magisk.
If u want to update and still have magisk, i suggest u use a recovery.

Cehmu77

Jun 3, 2020
Tq for the reply.
So now tell me how do i update lineage os when rooted with magisk.
I would like to use this rom as my daily driver. Can you pls provide the update installation procedure.

arsenicas

Jan 30, 2013
Oslo
I found that installing magisk to inactive slot after installing ota update but before reboot as you would do with oos updates still preserves magisk. No need to reflash it in twrp.

micro_cat

Jun 4, 2020
Hi! Thanks for all your hard work on this ROM. I have a question about installing this.

I'm currently on Oxygen OS 10.3.1 with TWRP and Magisk. I would like to install LineageOS without gapps (or any google services) and add microg. I want to see what it's like to use an Android phone without Google.

Do you have any suggestions for how to do this? Will Nanodroid work with this, or is there a better method of adding microg to this install?

Thanks for any help.

Reactions: derei

deani77

May 15, 2007

1. Remove lockscreen pin from OxygenOS(I'm doing this every time)
2. Reboot to TWRP
4. Flash Lineage OS
5. Flash TWRP installer(the same as your TWRP, otherwise you will end up in LineageOS TWRP)
6. Flash Magisk
7. Reboot TWRP
10. Reboot

Hi... Can you give link which twrp version you use with this build.

openexit

Jan 14, 2019
Hi! Thanks for all your hard work on this ROM. I have a question about installing this.

I'm currently on Oxygen OS 10.3.1 with TWRP and Magisk. I would like to install LineageOS without gapps (or any google services) and add microg. I want to see what it's like to use an Android phone without Google.

Do you have any suggestions for how to do this? Will Nanodroid work with this, or is there a better method of adding microg to this install?

Thanks for any help.

Need to have signature spoofing. I am also looking for help, if any senior member can guide.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Common Device tree: Here
    Device tree: Here
    Kernel tree: Here

XDA:DevDB Information
    guacamoleb-lineage, ROM for the OnePlus 7

Contributors
    ash4win
    Source Code: https://github.com/lineageos

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Android 10
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-06-03
    Last Updated 2020-06-21

1. Remove lockscreen pin from OxygenOS which removes encryption too to prevent mounting issues of internal storage (I'm doing this every time)
    2. Reboot to TWRP
    4. Flash Lineage OS
    6. Flash Magisk
    7. Reboot TWRP
    10. Reboot
    New update is out: Here

-August Security Patch
    -Fixed statusbar padding on lockscreen
    New update: Here

- Expandable volume panel added