• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10.0][OFFICIAL]LineageOS 17.1[guacamoleb]

Search This thread

the hated one

Feb 16, 2021
I've been using linegae os for 3 months now without google and i'm very happy with the rom. I would like to thank dev for your amazing work.
Btw i have found some glitches on this rom and if anyone found a solution pls tell me.

1. Call volume is being turned high automatically during a phone call even though it was set to lowest in sound settings.
Is there anyone who is facing this problem??
I am turning the volume down manually during the call. is this the problem due to work profile turned on??

2. Auto brightness sucks.. I hope dev would find a fix for this soon

Last edited:
Reactions: OSUserx

mu1989

Feb 22, 2020
I've been using linegae os for 3 months now without google and i'm very happy with the rom. I would like to thank dev for your amazing work.
Btw i have found some glitches on this rom and if anyone found a solution pls tell me.

1. Device is not being detected on computer for transferring files from phone to computer.
For this i have to put the device in recovery mode everytime and its working in recovery mode only.
My USB type-C cable, phone and computer everything is fine.
Is this a problem with the twrp recovery installed?

2. Call volume is being turned high automatically during a phone call even though it was set to lowest in sound settings.
I am turning the volume down manually during the call. is this the problem due to work profile turned on??

3. Auto brightness sucks.. I hope dev would find a fix for this soon

Dev please look into the first 2 problems.

On point 1 I can only write, yes I had this problem, but this was to Flash recognized drivers (he recognized it as Samsung and not as OnePlus)
If the device was completely removed oneplus driver installed and then plugged in, so I had the Windows that had the wrong drivers installed

OSUserx

Jul 24, 2019
I found out that when I set the call volume to maximum via volume keys during an ongoing call, the volume does not increase. But when I set it back to minimum, it gets quieter again.
Even as quiet as it was by default before this problem occurred.

So the volume during calls is on maximum although the volume indicator shows minimun.

@ash4win
Thanks, I'll try keep that in mind in case I have a problem like that again.
Booting TWRP via fastboot, as bautrupp recommended, worked fine. I was able to encrypt the storage and flash the latest build via TWRP this way.

the hated one

Feb 16, 2021
I can confirm the call loudness problem and that auto brightness is too fast/aggressive. If you mean that by "it sucks".
But I can't confirm your connectivity problems on PC. I'm using TWRP 3.5.0_9-0 and Linux on my desktop.
Tq for the reply. I use the same twrp recovery and i re checked the installed drivers installed on my pc. I could not find any problem with the drivers. Can you suggest any method to overcome this storage problem?

the hated one

Feb 16, 2021

1. Device is not being detected on computer for transferring files from phone to computer.
For this i have to put the device in recovery mode everytime and its working in recovery mode only.
My USB type-C cable, phone and computer everything is fine.
Is this a problem with the twrp recovery installed?

2. Call volume is being turned high automatically during a phone call even though it was set to lowest in sound settings.

3. Auto brightness sucks.. I hope dev would find a fix for this soon

Dev please look into the first 2 problems.
I found a solution for call volume too high problem. I donot use any wireless bluetooth devices on calls so if you use any wireless devices i am not sure whether this helps you. What i have found is to keep the call volume to 1 point instead with out keeping the volume too low. when i have done this volume during call didnt go to maximum.

Last edited:

sky96111

Apr 16, 2016
Hello, it's the second time I flashed the amazing ROM. I switched from Pixelexperience to LOS, and PE doesn't have this problem below. But I can't tell whether it is a feature or a bug...
My FOD icon often deviate off the position where the finger sensor actually locates, which makes FOD difficult to unlock.

It may be hard to find, so I use stack to the screenshot to highlight the two position.

Anyone have the same problem? How can I address it?

I catch a logcat, wish it contains some information useful.
Screenshot_20210304-183526 (Small).png

Screenshot_20210304-183554 (Small).png

stack.jpg

Attachments

• log.txt
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

the hated one

Feb 16, 2021
I am on latest LOS and under the trust section in settings it is showing Vendor: a few months out of date. how to fix this??
btw i have flashed los on oos 10.3.7. is that a reason for my problem? Shall i have to flash latest oos 10.3.8 to update the vendor image??

Attachments

• Imagepipe_0.jpg
    Imagepipe_0.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 65

flodjo78

Jan 20, 2014
OnePlus 7
Excellent work @ash4win :highfive:

I tried it the following way coming from OxygenOS with encrypted storage:

Backup everything off your device!

1. Remove lockscreen pin from OxygenOS which removes encryption too to prevent mounting issues of internal storage (I'm doing this every time)
2. Reboot to TWRP
3. Wipe System and Data partition
4. Flash Lineage OS
5. Flash TWRP installer(the same as your TWRP, otherwise you will end up in LineageOS TWRP)
6. Flash Magisk
7. Reboot TWRP
8. Flash Gapps (BIT/Opengapps)
9. Format data within TWRP
10. Reboot

Hi, There is something I don't understand : "Flash magisk" will just install the Magisk app but not root the device right ? Besides, there is no boot.img in the package to be patched in order to root the OP7.

Thank you for shedding some light on this for me

strongst

Senior Printer - Low Cyan
Staff member
Sep 18, 2007
thank's
HTC Desire
Smart Watches
Hi, There is something I don't understand : "Flash magisk" will just install the Magisk app but not root the device right ? Besides, there is no boot.img in the package to be patched in order to root the OP7.

Thank you for shedding some light on this for me
Hello, the rom.zip does include a boot.img, it's just inside the payload.bin hence flashing magisk patches the boot.img

the hated one

Feb 16, 2021
For flashing this rom i have been following the below instructions:
1. unlocking the booltoader
2. temporary installation of twrp with twrp recovery image and then installing the twrp recovery zip file.
3. on the twrp recovery wipe-advanced wipe- format data - yes
4. Finally flashing the Lineage os rom and twrp recovery zip file (I donot use gapps btw).
I was so confused with the flashing with the above normal procedure. As there are 2 slots a and b, LOS rom and recovery zip file were flashed on Slot B only. After installing the LOS and getting into recovery if i boot into slot A then Oxygen os boots and it is getting stuck on a bootloop (may be boot image was not there in slot A) . I donot whether flashing is correct or not. Can some expalin
why this is happeningand also explain how to install LOS completely without errors.

vatsal_chandan

Jul 9, 2017
Reactions: ivanperezcaro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Common Device tree: Here
    Device tree: Here
    Kernel tree: Here

XDA:DevDB Information
    guacamoleb-lineage, ROM for the OnePlus 7

Contributors
    ash4win
    Source Code: https://github.com/lineageos

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Android 10
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-06-03
    Last Updated 2020-06-21
    Excellent work @ash4win :highfive:

I tried it the following way coming from OxygenOS with encrypted storage:

Backup everything off your device!

1. Remove lockscreen pin from OxygenOS which removes encryption too to prevent mounting issues of internal storage (I'm doing this every time)
    2. Reboot to TWRP
    3. Wipe System and Data partition
    4. Flash Lineage OS
    5. Flash TWRP installer(the same as your TWRP, otherwise you will end up in LineageOS TWRP)
    6. Flash Magisk
    7. Reboot TWRP
    8. Flash Gapps (BIT/Opengapps)
    9. Format data within TWRP
    10. Reboot
    New update is out: Here

-August Security Patch
    -Fixed statusbar padding on lockscreen
    New update: Here

- Expandable volume panel added