[ROM][10.0][OFFICIAL] LineageOS-17.1 [PL2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Dec 14, 2018
Bengaluru
If you are coming from any build earlier than last one I released, clean flash.

If your build is last one and you want to update to new one, you can dirty flash from LineageOS recovery itself but remember to flash GAPPS and any mods you had flashed again to avoid issues.

Does this hold good even now? I'd like to update from the lineage-17.1-20201003-UNOFFICIAL build to the latest official build without wiping my data.

T_I

Mar 22, 2012
Thanks, just dirty flashed over a version of march and works like a charm. Even starting to TWRP in recovery mode works nicely. (No need for a PC to install updates anymore)

kizernis

Oct 30, 2014
The 20201020 update messes up camera.

I've noticed that camera-related apps stopped working after the 20201020 update. Then I did clean install of 20201020 and the camera app wasn't even there. Camera2 probe app said that there were none Camera2API cameras. Downgraded to 20201013 and everything started working fine again. Thanks for the great ROM!

Atch!

Oct 21, 2020
I can confirm the camera problem

I've noticed that camera-related apps stopped working after the 20201020 update. Then I did clean install of 20201020 and the camera app wasn't even there. Camera2 probe app said that there were none Camera2API cameras. Downgraded to 20201013 and everything started working fine again. Thanks for the great ROM!

I can confirm that too. I also have the problem.
Another Problem that i didn't notice in the last changelog: In version 20201013 the camera APP could not save to SD if the SD card is set up as external storage.

Thank you for supporting this phone. I had my Nokia unlocked almost a year ago and was always hoping for an official release of LineageOS for this device.

YukiS

Feb 28, 2013
I'm running 20201013 due to the camera issues in the latest build and I'm mostly happy with it but does anyone else find that the 5GHz WiFi range seems slightly worse than the stock firmware?

wline

Aug 3, 2015
Is OTA update supposed to keep gapps ?
I had the oct 13 build installed with the stock version of gapps.
I just tried an OTA update to the oct 27 build but it crashed when trying to start lineageos.
After doing a factory reset, it did start lineageos but all google apps were gone.

theimpulson

Forum Moderator / Recognized Dev / Dev Relations
Staff member
Is OTA update supposed to keep gapps ?
I had the oct 13 build installed with the stock version of gapps.
I just tried an OTA update to the oct 27 build but it crashed when trying to start lineageos.
After doing a factory reset, it did start lineageos but all google apps were gone.

https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps.html explains that GAPPS package are only supported till nano. The same instruction is also there on 1st post.

wline

Aug 3, 2015
Thanks for clarifying.
I did read the first post but I read it as a suggestion to use nano.
It didn't say other packages are not supported.

warchild98

Nov 27, 2015
Android Setup Wizard stops everytime when i try to restore my backup :).
Gapps failed to flash before the first boot, so i had to install them after the first boot (that worked).
But still can't restore any cloud backups.
Applying update from adb failed at 47%, i had to "update" from my sd card.
Edit: tried with both slots a/b, tried both nano and pico versions of gapps, still can't get it working m8.
Something it's wrong with your rom.
Hell, i even tried with old versions, still nothing.
Sometimes i get error 70 when i try to flash gapps.
Too bad i have to switch to another rom.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2014
I can't seem to boot to twrp. Just freezes on android one screen. I have tried every twrp I can find. 3.4, 3.3, etc. The only way I can boot to twrp is if I have stock Android 9 installed and then I can boot into twrp. If I update to android 10 then I can't boot any twrp or the lineageos recovery either. I'm not looking to flash twrp to recovery. Just want to boot to it.

Tsuragi

May 26, 2016
Santiago
I can't seem to boot to twrp. Just freezes on android one screen. I have tried every twrp I can find. 3.4, 3.3, etc. The only way I can boot to twrp is if I have stock Android 9 installed and then I can boot into twrp. If I update to android 10 then I can't boot any twrp or the lineageos recovery either. I'm not looking to flash twrp to recovery. Just want to boot to it.
try
fastboot flash recovery twrp**.img
and fastboot boot twrp**.img
I had the same problem, i have to do this every time if i want boot twrp

Dec 21, 2014
Thanks for the reply :)

I got sorted in the end. For anyone with the same issue, here is what I did.

Downgraded to android 9 stock rom using ostla
Boot newest twrp 3.4.0.0
Install android 10 custom rom with these steps:
Fastboot boot twrp3.4.0.0.img
Wipe data/cache/dalvik
Install custom-os.zip (I use usb otg)
Wipe dalvik
Install custom vendor to vendor image
Reboot to slot b (option in twrp 3.4)
Wipe data/cache/dalvik
Install custom-os.zip
Wipe dalvik
Install custom vendor to vendor image
Reboot system

Success.

Booting twrp from stock Android 10 fails. Booting from stock 9 works.
Hopefully this helps anyone else :)

Temporalin

Jul 4, 2020
Fingerprint reader has stopped working for me, but the action to drop down the notification bar still works. Reporting just in case.
It works, it is something with my device that makes it harder. In any case the saved fingerprints where lost recently, maybe after an update or something.

Last edited:

warchild98

Nov 27, 2015
try
fastboot flash recovery twrp**.img
and fastboot boot twrp**.img
I had the same problem, i have to do this every time if i want boot twrp

Yeah...this also worked for me at least. Thanks for your kidness! :) Finally someone helpful...

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Still one problem left for me:
In some music players like Aimp, all the cover arts are very pixelated. Does anyone have this problem? I had to turn them off...

Wiloman

Aug 21, 2011
wiloman.g6.cz
Android 10...on Nokia....

At first I thought there was something wrong with the ROM, so I tried another ROMs too again.
I tried about 3 or 4 different Android 10 ROMs and with all almost the exactly same problems. (Some did not even have a functional NFC or were problems with Bluetooth, etc.)

But then I figured out that the biggest problem of all ROMs built on Android 10 is TWRP... For the install of ROM
Sometimes TWRP didn't even erase my system and vendor properly or even /data, sometimes i couldn't even connect my phone via bootloader to PC

After all these experiences, in the end I installed this ROM again and followed exactly the instructions for installation and everything was suddenly ok.

The biggest problem I had on previous versions of
all Android 10 ROMs was until the last update here as well. The problem is that the RAM was supercharcting and the phone was suddenly unusable, especially for games or videos in the browser.

Finally, to a conclusion after all my previous problems:
After the last update everything works great, the phone hasn't been laggy/freeze for half a day and games like Arena of Valor and the like are smoothly and much more playable.
The latest update is absolutely great, I haven't had such a hassle/bug free Android 10 ROM on my phone for a loooong time.

Everything worked great from system installation to functionality and installation of Open GApps.
The welcome screen and other startup steps worked perfectly well for me without any problems.

Thank you very much @theimpulson for his hard work has this so far probably the best ROM that was created on Nokia 6.1, plus like bonus it is the official ROM

EDIT: Today I found out that the biggest problems with freezing the phone and jamming games made the original Zepp (Amazfit) app, Opera (always goes in the background) and Avast, after uninstalling these app goes phone like lightning.
Now I play all the games as I used to when I still had the Sony flagship Xiperia Z5. For such a cheap phone absolutely great.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    QaU8wTGXdFOb7hmyt9jnICrvdYfmO34aBM8qereCzyJCs4_LeN3AorUvGRjK6g0gljrnHGd_zlEfI2ug3JFbYh0jhiudkLT4qGqOK-Xf5YnBfeSMkFPZinfWlStX81TRTb7I55SmJYA

About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0 (Ten) which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo and if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website

Downloads Links
    Official Builds [BUILDS WILL BE REMOVED ONCE LINEAGEOS 18.1 BUILDS HAVE STARTED]

Google Applications (optional) :
    OpenGapps (Use package for ARM64, Android 10, nano)
    Information: Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Flashing and updating

LineageOS clean install :

- Follow the instructions at Official Wiki

About the builds
    - Device Side Sources are on official LineageOS org

Issues and reports
    - Report issues only if you use the ROM kernel
    - If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    - Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    - Share a log of the error and steps to reproduce it

LineageOS available for PL2 also thanks to :
    - Google (AOSP)
    - The LineageOS Team
    - CodeAurora Forums

Beta Testing Telegram Group | Not required but donations are welcome: Paypal

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS-17.1, ROM for the Nokia 6.1 (2018)

Contributors
    TheImpulson, npjohnson
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_nokia_sdm660

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest stock firmware
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Beta
    Current Stable Version: 17.1
    Stable Release Date: 2020-10-10

Created 2020-01-28
    Last Updated 2020-10-31
    Current Bugs include:
    • Volume is a bit loud in some cases (Turn off AudioFX). This happens because we are using prebuilt stock audio hal and hidls.
    • SIM card update requires a system reboot

Don't report bugs related:
    • to CTS failures (LineageOS does not tamper with CTS results)
    • with Magisk (It sets a number of props on boot like changing build type to the user resulting in broken adb root etc)
    • with Custom Kernel, MODs (Report that to MOD maintainer)
    • with non-recommended TWRP, vendor or builds (Use what is told in instructions)
    Pushed new vendor and lineage builds. These new builds include fixes for:

- Bluetooth audio
    - Addresses some SELinux denials
    - Removed duplicate properties
    - Synced changes with latest LineageOS source

I have built FM as well with this release which however is buggy. You need to turn it on and off manually every time you change the audio paths. I might kick this from next builds, so please don't report this as bug.
    Pushed new vendor and LineageOS builds. These builds contains fixes for:

- SELinux denials relating to NFC
    - Offline Charging
    REVIEW

LOS 17.1
    works perfectly. most of the features are working and which are not working will be fixed just comment down the bugs
    i was testing LOS and did not find any major bugs. IN LATEST UPDATE THE BT AUDIO issue was also been fixed
    this ROM can be used regularly. Battery backup is better then other roms

THANKS @TheImpulson for developing such awesome rom