[ROM][10.0][OFFICIAL] LineageOS-17.1 [PL2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

21prods

Sep 2, 2013
1. Unfortunately no. You can view official wiki LineageOS about supported models
2. Read 1

Thank you. I had already seen it but I thought maybe there was a workaround.

Well, maybe I'll give it a try anyway, so let me please insist on point 2: Which official (Chinese) android version should I install before I make the change to LOS? Android Pie? Oreo is enough?

theimpulson

Forum Moderator / Recognized Dev / Dev Relations
Staff member
Thank you. I had already seen it but I thought maybe there was a workaround.

Well, maybe I'll give it a try anyway, so let me please insist on point 2: Which official (Chinese) android version should I install before I make the change to LOS? Android Pie? Oreo is enough?

Supported models on the wiki only refer to devices that has been tested personally by the developers. You are free to try on your model as long as it's a Nokia 6.1. If it works and everything is fine, I will add it as supported in the wiki.

Firmware is shipped in the official builds.

21prods

Sep 2, 2013
Supported models on the wiki only refer to devices that has been tested personally by the developers. You are free to try on your model as long as it's a Nokia 6.1. If it works and everything is fine, I will add it as supported in the wiki.

Ok, thank you very much. Maybe this weekend I'll try it and then I'll post whether it works or not.

21prods

Sep 2, 2013

Big thanks!

Finally I installed LOS 17.1 on model TA-1054. I have to check that everything works with no issues but installation went smooth (although first I had made some kind of trick).

Later I'll post how I did it in case any other one wants to install LOS on the Chinese variant of Nokia 6.1.

Reactions: theimpulson

21prods

Sep 2, 2013

How I managed to install official LOS 17.1 into Nokia 6.1 model TA-1054 (Chinese variant).

Well, there is not much to say, to be honest. Maybe it's just as simple as following the official wiki of LineageOS for Nokia 6.1, but I didn't feel reassured. So this is what I made.

Before starting the whole process I checked that vendor drivers came from the global version of the official FW. However, it seems official Android 10 Global FW shouldn't be installed as such into model TA-1054. Therefore, I took an additional step before installing LOS: convert my phone from Chinese variant to Global one (change SKUID).

In order to do so I only had to follow step 1 from this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...nto-ta-1054-need-unlocked-bootloader.3862345/

(As a matter of fact, the screen with 'powered with android' or similar was replaced with a 'Android One' one)

Afterwards, it was as easy as following the official wiki.

Was it really necessary to do the global conversion? I really don't know but somewhere I read something about some apps or services that would not work otherwise and the process was very simple, so why not?

Credits to theimpulson & hikari_calyx

21prods

Sep 2, 2013
Well, after a couple of days using the phone I can say LOS 17.1 works perfectly on the Chinese variant (model TA-1054) of Nokia 6.1 (caveat: first I changed SKUID, which may or may not be related to it, see post #127 above)

The only issue I've seen is that NFC doesn't work but this is due to the fact that this model does not have any NFC module, which I already knew.

munlar

Nov 4, 2013
Hello, does VoLTE and VoWIFI work with LOS? My carrier supports it. I need a new phone and am thinking about buying it to run LOS with MicroG, but I would like everything to work. Are there any features not working with LOS? Thank you for your work!

Last edited:

theimpulson

Staff member
Hello, does VoLTE and VoWIFI work with LOS? My carrier supports it. I need a new phone and am thinking about buying it to run LOS with MicroG, but I would like everything to work. Are there any features not working with LOS? Thank you for your work!

I can only test VoLTE and that works fine for me. Bugs are mentioned in 2nd post.

munlar

Nov 4, 2013
I can only test VoLTE and that works fine for me. Bugs are mentioned in 2nd post.

Thank you that sounds good! Can you give me a few examples in which cases that audio problem happens? Is it always reproducible in the same apps/conditions or does it happen randomly?

What does sim upgrade mean?

Edit: I just see that unlocking the bootloader is not supported by Nokia on this device. That's a major deal breaker for me. I want to own my devices I buy with my money. Thank you anyways!

Last edited:

theimpulson

Staff member
PL2 has moved to the official LineageOS 18.1 build rooster. The official changelog is here. Builds will start rolling out soon. Keep in mind that 17.1 builds will start to go away once 18.1 arrives, so if you guys want to backup or something like mirroring builds somewhere, now is the time to do it. It's not recommended as ASB gets old after a while and you are missing security updates but I won't complain as I won't be building it anymore. If someone is interested in building 17.1, check out the official wiki for instructions. This thread will be closed as support from the official side is deprecated for 17.1. LineageOS 18.1 thread is here. See you guys there!

Reactions: Oswald Boelcke
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    QaU8wTGXdFOb7hmyt9jnICrvdYfmO34aBM8qereCzyJCs4_LeN3AorUvGRjK6g0gljrnHGd_zlEfI2ug3JFbYh0jhiudkLT4qGqOK-Xf5YnBfeSMkFPZinfWlStX81TRTb7I55SmJYA

About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0 (Ten) which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo and if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website

Downloads Links
    Official Builds [BUILDS WILL BE REMOVED ONCE LINEAGEOS 18.1 BUILDS HAVE STARTED]

Google Applications (optional) :
    OpenGapps (Use package for ARM64, Android 10, nano)
    Information: Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Flashing and updating

LineageOS clean install :

- Follow the instructions at Official Wiki

About the builds
    - Device Side Sources are on official LineageOS org

Issues and reports
    - Report issues only if you use the ROM kernel
    - If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    - Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    - Share a log of the error and steps to reproduce it

LineageOS available for PL2 also thanks to :
    - Google (AOSP)
    - The LineageOS Team
    - CodeAurora Forums

Beta Testing Telegram Group | Not required but donations are welcome: Paypal

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS-17.1, ROM for the Nokia 6.1 (2018)

Contributors
    TheImpulson, npjohnson
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_nokia_sdm660

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest stock firmware
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Beta
    Current Stable Version: 17.1
    Stable Release Date: 2020-10-10

Created 2020-01-28
    Last Updated 2020-10-31
    Current Bugs include:
    • Volume is a bit loud in some cases (Turn off AudioFX). This happens because we are using prebuilt stock audio hal and hidls.
    • SIM card update requires a system reboot

Don't report bugs related:
    • to CTS failures (LineageOS does not tamper with CTS results)
    • with Magisk (It sets a number of props on boot like changing build type to the user resulting in broken adb root etc)
    • with Custom Kernel, MODs (Report that to MOD maintainer)
    • with non-recommended TWRP, vendor or builds (Use what is told in instructions)
    Pushed new vendor and lineage builds. These new builds include fixes for:

- Bluetooth audio
    - Addresses some SELinux denials
    - Removed duplicate properties
    - Synced changes with latest LineageOS source

I have built FM as well with this release which however is buggy. You need to turn it on and off manually every time you change the audio paths. I might kick this from next builds, so please don't report this as bug.
    Pushed new vendor and LineageOS builds. These builds contains fixes for:

- SELinux denials relating to NFC
    - Offline Charging
    REVIEW

LOS 17.1
    works perfectly. most of the features are working and which are not working will be fixed just comment down the bugs
    i was testing LOS and did not find any major bugs. IN LATEST UPDATE THE BT AUDIO issue was also been fixed
    this ROM can be used regularly. Battery backup is better then other roms

THANKS @TheImpulson for developing such awesome rom