[ROM][10.0][OFFICIAL][MONTHLY] crDroid v6.16 [WHYRED][05.04.2021]

Search This thread

mirkov

Sep 2, 2007
I got a bootloop again after OTA updating. Any ideas why?

Without (all stock) and with modifications to the system, it boot loops every OTA.
Happened last time, happened this time again.

And with the modifications, I only have AGIN Kernel and FW with Magisk of course, but nothing crazy that modifies the system.

The only workaround is that I backup my DATA partition, wipe, flash, boot, restore data and it works all fine.

Try re-installing gapps after the OTA update.

Prinxe11

Dec 30, 2018
I'm currently with "NikGapps-stock-arm64-10.20201122-signed.zip". Didn't noticed any issues whatsoever. Unfortunately I can't say if this is the best version. It just works for me...
Thnx.... I'm using basic version.... Nd I'm getting around 8 hours of sot.... Didn't noticed any lags nd bugs in this rom..... Only thing i didn't like is that the bass of of the sound is Lower than miui but sound quality is good than other Roms.....❤️

Reactions: polya95

RandomNewbie

Dec 19, 2014
Hi, is it possible to add back the night mode to the MIUI camera? From testing I noticed that the camera takes images that are full of colorful noise, even in areas with more light. The mirrored selfie view is somehow broken too. Using a Google Camera app would work but is not the same unfortunately, when zooming in images there are for example many small white dots that look very odd. I'm trying to switch away from Resurrection Remix (Android 8) and this ROM made the device so much faster. Would be nice if there is a solution to the MIUI Cam problem, or if anyone can suggest GCam apps that are working 100% on this system. Maybe there are any Magisk MIUI Cam mods for this ROM too? Thanks so much!

stan79

Dec 21, 2005
Any idea where can I find the stock MIUI camera? I flashed the latest rom and gapps and the camera app is the Android camera instead of stock MIUI camera.

papacrazy

Jan 2, 2019
Hi to all!
Should okay google be working in this rom? Got grayed option in Voice Match, cannot turn it on. Is this intended behavior? I flashed Nikgapps, if it matters. Does it make sence if I try Open Gapps?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    March ota update is out!

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

Recovery:

OrangeFox Recovery - https://files.orangefox.tech/OrangeFox-Stable/whyred/OrangeFox-R10.0_1-Stable-whyred.zip

OFFICIAL BUILDS

DOWNLOAD GAPPS

Telegram Discussion Group - https://t.me/officialcrvincewhyred

First time installing crDroid to your Redmi Note 5/Redmi 5 Plus, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running the latest TWRP Treble Recovery
    1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
    2) Boot into Recovery
    3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
    4) Flash ROM
    5) Flash gapps
    6) Flash magisk (optional)
    7) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk XX.x (whatever is most recent).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
    You tell me

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

Sources:
    Kernel - https://github.com/attack11/Whyred
    ROM - https://github.com/crdroidandroid

Contributors:
    @Ruturaj Kadam
    @jhenrique09
    @sreek995
    @fakeyatogod

ROM OS Version: 10.0 Q
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
    Based On: Lineage OS

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 21-01-2020

Created 2019-12-04
    Last Updated 2021-04-05
    Update - 05/04/2021
    What's New -

Source Changelog -

* crDroid 6.16
    * March 2021 security patch
    * Added new charging sound / vibration when full (crdroid > sound)
    * Updated translations

Device Changelog -
    * Update to coral march fp
    * Kernel Upstreamed with tag 4.4.264

Old Changelogs - https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_vendor_crDroidOTA/blob/10.0/changelog_whyred.txt
    New ota update is out! Changelog here.
    New ota update is out! Automatic screen wake issue has been fixed. Also camera blobs reverted to old. Full changelog here.
    New update is out guys! February security patches have been merged. For full changelog, refer to post #2. OTA pushed for existing users. New users can checkout new build from the link in OP.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone