[ROM][10.0][OFFICIAL][MONTHLY] crDroid v6.18 [VINCE][29.05.2021]

Search This thread

CZNeo

Dec 17, 2009
Brno
Hi there, after January update clock does not work ... when I tap on top clock error pops out "Clock keeps crashing". How to fix this issue, please?

// edit: I had force stop the app, clear it's storage and cache and then it worked. As I had issues with dialer as well I assume that new GApps made a mess in the files. Now it's works allright.

Last edited:

qzabi

Feb 28, 2021
Hi All,
I can't enable cellular data on single SIM (not dual SIM). APN is correct, it's look like connected, but connection is not working.
Installed version 6.14.
After tapping "Turn on" from second screen nothing happend. I tried reseting "Wifi, mobile & Bluetooth" - no luck.
Any idea?
Except for this "little" function everyting seems to working fine - great work.
Please help.
How can I help to debug the issue?
Screenshot_20210228-210338_Settings.pngScreenshot_20210228-204311346.jpg

-------Edit -----------
February patch didn't help.
Full wipe did.

Last edited:

Sudhangshu

hello guys thank you dev for the rom, its great, im loving it very much, though there are few things i would like to confirm,
1. is it necessary to flash firmware, if yes kindly tell which one (chinese, global, weekly)
2. i think gapps don't create any issues, but still which gapps is preferred
3. and last im facing some random app crashes don't know the reason behind it, if someone can help it will be great.

As for my setup:
recovery - orange fox 10.0
rom - crdroid 6.15 (came from nitrogen os)
root - no
performed a clean flash, no mods or exposed modules present.
Im willing to provide more information.
thank you everyone.

misidp

Mar 31, 2021
Any plan to release a crDroid 7 version? Good rom by the way. Thanks for your work.
admin please if there is plan for crdroid7/android 11 or 12, don't leave (stop updating) crdroid 6, android 10 is perfect for old phone like vince. except there is no more security update from google or lineage for android 10. thanks for this lovely rom.

• Love
Reactions: celephrn

martytree

Apr 6, 2021
does anyone know if the Redmi 5 Plus can take more than a 128gb memory card? it says in many places that that is the maximum, but it this is a limitation by the hardware, or is it imposed by the official firmware, and roms can take bigger sizes?

Last edited:

Sudhangshu

Hi All,
I can't enable cellular data on single SIM (not dual SIM). APN is correct, it's look like connected, but connection is not working.
Installed version 6.14.
After tapping "Turn on" from second screen nothing happend. I tried reseting "Wifi, mobile & Bluetooth" - no luck.
Any idea?
Except for this "little" function everyting seems to working fine - great work.
Please help.
How can I help to debug the issue?
View attachment 5235949View attachment 5235951

-------Edit -----------
February patch didn't help.
Full wipe did.
Hello I had the same issue on my device, unable to find any solution, if you had any do please share
Thank you very much

misidp

Mar 31, 2021
Hello I had the same issue on my device, unable to find any solution, if you had any do please share
Thank you very much
don't know this will help.
full wipe, first clean the sim card (maybe dirty), wait +- 2minute on the first "welcome screen" (maybe the internal process needs time to detect the sim), then continue the next step.. don't skip wifi config, then hope the sim will detected. sometime works for me, if not i'll repeat the process.

misidp

Mar 31, 2021
don't know this will help.
full wipe, first clean the sim card (maybe dirty), wait +- 2minute on the first "welcome screen" (maybe the internal process needs time to detect the sim), then continue the next step.. don't skip wifi config, then hope the sim will detected. sometime works for me, if not i'll repeat the process.
full wipe mean full clean reinstall not dirty install, always backup first.

Reactions: Sudhangshu

misidp

Mar 31, 2021
Well thanks man for writing back. I did a clean install and also the "sensors off" in developer options is disabled still the problem persist.
Do you think it could be because of firmware.
i'm still using firmware: fw_vince_miui_HM5PlusGlobal_V11.0.2.0.OEGMIXM_f74369de0c_8.1.zip
if u feel uncertain, for the drastic measure maybe u can try "MIFLASH" the full original miui rom(already include the firmware) to test if the problem still exist. BACKUP first! all will be lost, don't forget to chose miflash option to keep the "unlock bootloader". or maybe u can try easier step first like flash only firmware or testing other custom rom first. i hope there nothing wrong with your phone hardware man.

Reactions: Sudhangshu

Sudhangshu

Th
i'm still using firmware: fw_vince_miui_HM5PlusGlobal_V11.0.2.0.OEGMIXM_f74369de0c_8.1.zip
if u feel uncertain, for the drastic measure maybe u can try "MIFLASH" the full original miui rom(already include the firmware) to test if the problem still exist. BACKUP first! all will be lost, don't forget to chose miflash option to keep the "unlock bootloader". or maybe u can try easier step first like flash only firmware or testing other custom rom first. i hope there nothing wrong with your phone hardware man.
Thanks for the solution, I just came from miui and was sure that rotation and auto-brightness was working fine, anyway I would try and flash firmware hope it's works.
Once again thanks man.

misidp

Mar 31, 2021
Th

Thanks for the solution, I just came from miui and was sure that rotation and auto-brightness was working fine, anyway I would try and flash firmware hope it's works.
Once again thanks man.
hope crdroid works for u. it's becomes harder this days to find dev that's still care updating for vince. microg with whatsapp, google maps, banking apps all works! thanks again dev for this lovely roms.

Time_Mach

Feb 21, 2021
This rom is very stable.
I just have 2 apps that don't run. They say that this is not an official android release and close. Is there any way to use them?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

Recovery:

OrangeFox Recovery - https://sourceforge.net/projects/orangefox/files/vince/OrangeFox-R10.0-Stable-vince.zip/download

OFFICIAL BUILDS

DOWNLOAD GAPPS

Telegram Discussion Group - https://t.me/officialcrvincewhyred

First time installing crDroid to your Redmi Note 5/Redmi 5 Plus, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running the latest TWRP Treble Recovery
    1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
    2) Boot into Recovery
    3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
    4) Flash ROM
    5) Flash gapps
    6) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk XX.x (whatever is most recent).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
    WiFiDisplay

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

Sources:
    Kernel - https://github.com/stormbreaker-project/kernel_xiaomi_vince
    ROM - https://github.com/crdroidandroid

Contributors:
    @Ruturaj Kadam
    @KenHV
    @Prateek Punetha
    @blacksuan19
    @neobuddy89

ROM OS Version: 10.0 Q
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
    Based On: Lineage OS

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2020-01-16

Created 2019-11-12
    Last Updated 2021-05-29
    Update - 29/05/2021
    What's New -

Source Changelog:

* crDroid v6.18
    * May 2021 Security Patch
    * Update translations

Device Changelog:
    * Update to coral may fp
    * Kernel Upstreamed with tag 4.9.270

Old Changelogs - https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_vendor_crDroidOTA/blob/10.0/changelog_vince.txt
    The feeling of using this rom is Fantastic.
    Everything is very fast and very well responding in everything I have tried to.
    Always crdroid was characterized by its sharp behavior.
    This one is no different
    This is a work very well done from our dev.
    @Ruturaj Kadam, thank you for this

:good::):good:
    New update is out! For full changelog, refer to post #2.. OTA pushed for existing users. Checkout new build from the link in OP.
    New update is out! The last two builds were too much buggy. All issues have been fixed in this update Full changelog here.