[ROM][10.0][OFFICIAL] Pixel Experience [Mi A2/jasmine_sprout][AOSP][2020/02/13]

Search This thread

ViVa[DOUD]

Jun 23, 2013
Suceava
Xiaomi Mi A2
Tried to download it this morning, from 3 different devices, the site wont load the file for download...
It only goes "Downloading" and nothing happens, Chrome,IE, Microsoft Edge, all the same.

I managed to download the rom via mobile phone Chrome Browser.

I did a clean install, as informed by
https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/jasmine_sprout/install/
and it managed to brick my phone, after a dissasembly and test point install the oficial rom from xiaomi, it recovered succesfully.
Idk what to think about it. I hope that for others work well. Thank you for compiling!

Last edited:

Pepito Pérez

Sep 10, 2014
Tried to download it this morning, from 3 different devices, the site wont load the file for download...
It only goes "Downloading" and nothing happens, Chrome,IE, Microsoft Edge, all the same.

I managed to download the rom via mobile phone Chrome Browser.

I did a clean install, as informed by
https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/jasmine_sprout/install/
and it managed to brick my phone, after a dissasembly and test point install the oficial rom from xiaomi, it recovered succesfully.
Idk what to think about it. I hope that for others work well. Thank you for compiling!
You need to change partition before boot up.

Anyone has a solution for flash not working on camera? Both, back flash and front led emulating flash

ViVa[DOUD]

Jun 23, 2013
Suceava
Xiaomi Mi A2
You need to change partition before boot up.

Anyone has a solution for flash not working on camera? Both, back flash and front led emulating flash

Thanks, but had another issue, the slot change wasnt the problem.
I did another wipe, and it installed corectly.
I have a very big issue, once a day @19:30 the phone wont turn on from lock state, after a few presses of power button, vibrates once then black screen untill i force restart. I never had this problem before with lineage os, pixel experience, aicp, the problem only occurs with Havoc OS.

Can someone try to deliver me a solution for that?
I did a clean wipe, no root, with or without twrp has the same issue.

Jan 23, 2021
good evening, I did the test for the root and they are not active, give me some advice to activate them? thank you very much, I'm afraid of damaging the device

-Protos

Nov 1, 2010
Hello friends,

What is the current security patch on this rom and is it abandoned ?
Would love to see a Android 11 version. Went to the pixel experience site but all say discontinued.

-Protos

Nov 1, 2010
Thanks Rab ..... shame.
I want to get wifi calling working and was hoping to get back to a pixel type experience.
Android One was a disappointment. At least Xiaomi's implementation.
Pixel phones for me from here on out. Lesson learned.

Reactions: iozeke

happyta5

Dec 8, 2011
Android Wear
Switching to diff rom Kang, DotOS and all I found this PE is the best!!!. This one has the simplest installation similar to Lineage OS. Too bad we don't have a maintainer.

After owning my Mi A2 for like 2 years, i finally went for a custom ROM, something I'd thought would'nt do since it's Android One based. The emmc memory bug just go on my nerves too much anyway. Well this ROM is amazing, it hangs a lot less on memory related tasks.

However some issues I seem to notice after 2 weeks of use:
  • GPS sometimes (Google Maps) not working, had to reboot to finally make Maps do something. Anyhting i can flash or improve on this?
  • Auto rotate is way too sensitive compared to stock, laying down the phone (flat) on my desk almost always rotates the screen.
  • Having the latest Gcam apk from "the_dice" I took some pictures by a lake this weekend and the quality is quite bad compared to stock cam of Xiaomi. Look at the water details... Also other details like people being 6-10 meter away turn it quite pixelated. Only for this i'd maybe move back to stock and deal with the slow memory bug again :( The camera2probe app says i have Level3 for the Camera2API though?
    original_52d50be1-dde0-4cfa-a176-c8a9edcbeae9_IMG_20210416_193913.jpg

Jahmesz

May 25, 2020
Gyöngyös
After owning my Mi A2 for like 2 years, i finally went for a custom ROM, something I'd thought would'nt do since it's Android One based. The emmc memory bug just go on my nerves too much anyway. Well this ROM is amazing, it hangs a lot less on memory related tasks.

However some issues I seem to notice after 2 weeks of use:
  • GPS sometimes (Google Maps) not working, had to reboot to finally make Maps do something. Anyhting i can flash or improve on this?
  • Auto rotate is way too sensitive compared to stock, laying down the phone (flat) on my desk almost always rotates the screen.
  • Having the latest Gcam apk from "the_dice" I took some pictures by a lake this weekend and the quality is quite bad compared to stock cam of Xiaomi. Look at the water details... Also other details like people being 6-10 meter away turn it quite pixelated. Only for this i'd maybe move back to stock and deal with the slow memory bug again :( The camera2probe app says i have Level3 for the Camera2API though?View attachment 5284307
I recommend you the Pixel Extended ROM. I came from Pixel Experience. PEX is much smoother, and there are a lot more customizing options.

Reactions: arnii5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Mi A2 [jasmine_sprout]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
    PixelExperience, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi A2

Contributors
    RandomRetard4676, jeangraff30
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 10

Created 2020-03-06
    Last Updated 2020-09-05

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][10.0][OFFICIAL] Pixel Experience [Mi A2/jasmine_sprout][AOSP][2020/02/13], ROM for the Xiaomi Mi A2

Contributors
    jeangraff30
    ROM OS Version: 2.3.x Gingerbread

Version Information

Created 2020-09-08
    Last Updated 2020-09-08
    New build: https://download.pixelexperience.or...smine_sprout-10.0-20200322-1532-OFFICIAL.zip/

Changelog:

* d2w fixed
    * Micam removed, gcam bug fixed
    * "Internal error" fixed
    * Kernel updated to .217
    *Disabled more debugging and tracing
    * Compiled with LinkTimeOptimization (LTO)
    * Cleanup
    * Upstreams of Anxiety
    * Updated EnergyModel (thanks to tytydraco for his script)

? happy flashing
    gcam don't work, help
    camera2api enabled

Don't use KangMeng kernel. Stock works perfectly.

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

I never installed a custom ROM before.I really need to flash PE on my MI A2 but I don't know how to do it.Can someone help me? My device is still in stock OS.Is there any way to install this ROM without installing TWRP? I have a 64GB Mi A2.

First you need to unlock your bootloader:
    -Download and Extract Platform-tools
    -Download TWRP for MiA2, and put them into extracted platform-tools folder
    -Download Pixel Experience Rom
    -Download Magisk

-Go to Settings - About phone and tap Build Number 7 times.
    -Go to Settings, Developer Settings, and enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging
    -Turn off your phone
    -Press and Hold the Volume - and Power buttons at the same time, until you see Fastboot logo
    -Plug your phone into a usb port on your pc
    -Go to extracted platform-tools folder
    -Shift + Right click - Open Command Promt here
    -Type in these lines one by one:
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    fastboot flashing unlock
    fastboot flashing unlock_critical

This will wipe your phone and your bootloader will be unlocked.

After this is done, boot back into Fastboot mode (Volume down +Power)
    -Once again, open a Command Promt in platform-tools folder
    -Type in these:
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    fastboot -w
    fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-5-jasmine_sprout-unofficial.img
    -This will boot TWRP on your phone.
    -From here you can Wipe System, Cache, Dalvik, Data
    -Copy the PE Rom zip and Magisk zip onto your phone
    -Flash PE Rom
    -Go to Wipe - Format Data (Type in yes)
    -Go back to the Home screen
    -Go to Reboot, and select the opposite Slot to where you are on now. If you are on A, tap B and vice versa.
    -Tap on Reboot - Download
    -
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-5-jasmine_sprout-unofficial.img
    -Flash Magisk zip then reboot.

This is if you don't want TWRP installed. You can simply flash twrp-installer-3.3.1-5-jasmine_sprout-unofficial.zip after flashing the rom, if you want TWRP permanently.

Hope it helps and extensive enough.
    How to update official roms. really easy

1- once you get a notification that an update is available, download and install with the system updater but don't reboot
    2- go to Magisk, Downloads, search for "TWRP A/B Retention Script" and install it
    3- on the main Magisk page, click install > install > Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA)
    4- once Magisk finishes, reboot, you will now be on the opposite slot with both Magisk and TWRP installed.
    New build: https://download.pixelexperience.or...smine_sprout-10.0-20200322-1532-OFFICIAL.zip/

Changelog:

* d2w fixed
    * Micam removed, gcam bug fixed
    * "Internal error" fixed
    * Kernel updated to .217
    *Disabled more debugging and tracing
    * Compiled with LinkTimeOptimization (LTO)
    * Cleanup
    * Upstreams of Anxiety
    * Updated EnergyModel (thanks to tytydraco for his script)

happy flashing

Opening app and settings has animation delay.