[ROM][10.0][OFFICIAL] Resurrection Remix [Moto G6][DISCONTINUED]

Search This thread

pikouchou

Oct 5, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Thanks, I followed your instructions and the rom appeared to install successfully. However when I reboot I get this error:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (Secure)
Error: Failed to load Kernel
Fastboot Reason: Fall-Through from normal boot mode

I tried installing again and I got a different error:

Fastboot Reason: Reboot Mode set to fastboot

Looking up the problem online I then used this command on the computer: "fastboot oem FB_mode_clear"

But then it returns to the original error :(

I used the "fastboot getvar all" function to get this output that may help someone identify the issue I'm having:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot getvar all (bootloader) version: 0.5 (bootloader) version-bootloader: moto-sdm450-C3.0C (bootloader) product: ali (bootloader) board: ali (bootloader) secure: yes (bootloader) hwrev: PVT2 (bootloader) radio: 4 (bootloader) storage-type: emmc (bootloader) emmc: 64GB SAMSUNG RH64AB RV=08 PV=05 FV=0000000000000005 (bootloader) ram: 4GB SAMSUNG LP3 DIE=8Gb M5=01 M6=06 M7=00 M8=5F (bootloader) cpu: SDM450 (bootloader) serialno: XXXXXXXXXXX (bootloader) cid: 0x0032 (bootloader) channelid: 0x00 (bootloader) uid: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (bootloader) securestate: flashing_unlocked (bootloader) iswarrantyvoid: yes (bootloader) max-download-size: 534773760 (bootloader) reason: Fall-through from normal boot mode (bootloader) imei: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (bootloader) meid: (bootloader) date: 05-18-2018 (bootloader) sku: XT1925-5 (bootloader) carrier_sku: XT1925-5 (bootloader) battid: SB18C21114 (bootloader) iccid: (bootloader) cust_md5: (bootloader) max-sparse-size: 268435456 (bootloader) current-time: (bootloader) ro.build.fingerprint[0]: motorola/ali_n/ali_n:8.0.0/OPSS27. (bootloader) ro.build.fingerprint[1]: 82-87-6/6:user/release-keys (bootloader) poweroffalarm: 0 (bootloader) ro.build.version.full[0]: Blur_Version.27.251.6.ali.retail. (bootloader) ro.build.version.full[1]: en.US (bootloader) ro.build.version.qcom: LA.UM.6.6.r1-04400-89xx.0 (bootloader) version-baseband: M450_08.14.10.61R ALI_EMEADSDS_CUST (bootloader) kernel.version[0]: Linux version 3.18.71-perf-gd555e24 (hud (bootloader) kernel.version[1]: [email protected]) (gcc version 4.9.x 2015 (bootloader) kernel.version[2]: 0123 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT (bootloader) kernel.version[3]: Mon Nov 5 11:05:49 CST 2018 (bootloader) sbl1.git: git=MBM-NG-VC3.0C-0-g6a96fd0 (bootloader) rpm.git: git=02798db (bootloader) tz.git: git=5fda3f8-dirty (bootloader) devcfg.git: git=5fda3f8-dirty (bootloader) keymaster.git: git=5fda3f8 (bootloader) cmnlib.git: git=5fda3f8 (bootloader) cmnlib64.git: git=5fda3f8 (bootloader) prov.git: git=5fda3f8-dirty (bootloader) aboot.git: git=MBM-NG-VC3.0C-0-gce20f1a (bootloader) frp-state: no protection (0) (bootloader) ro.carrier: retgb (bootloader) current-slot: (bootloader) slot-suffixes: _a (bootloader) slot-count: 1 (bootloader) slot-successful:_a: INVALID (bootloader) slot-successful:_b: INVALID (bootloader) slot-bootable:_a: INVALID (bootloader) slot-bootable:_b: INVALID (bootloader) slot-retry-count:_a: unknown (bootloader) slot-retry-count:_b: unknown all: listed above finished. total time: 0.095s

Try to flash back to stock Rom and retry. Moto G6 is quite sensible not as Xiaomi phones for exemple

Jan 10, 2021
Try to flash back to stock Rom and retry. Moto G6 is quite sensible not as Xiaomi phones for exemple
I flashed back to stock rom and tried again without success unfortunately. I have loaded custom roms onto a few devices in the past and I always either miss a step or the instructions were not that easy to follow. So I will outline the steps I took:

1. Unlocked phone
2. Installed TWRP (fastboot flash recovery mali.img)
3. Selected "Wipe">Format Data>yes rebooted back to TWRP
4. Pushed RR Rom using "adb push RROS-Q-8.6.5-20201212-ali-Official.zip /tmp" (also tried pixel experience)
5. In TWRP selected "Install>RROS-Q-8.6.5-20201212-ali-Official.zip"
6. Rebooted phone

But still get the same error:

I feel like I'm either missing a crucial step somewhere or the installation instructions are too vague for me. Do I need to unzip the rom first maybe? Or do I need to "Mount" the system/vendor/oem/firmware partition before I install?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Last edited:

pikouchou

Oct 5, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
I flashed back to stock rom and tried again without success unfortunately. I have loaded custom roms onto a few devices in the past and I always either miss a step or the instructions were not that easy to follow. So I will outline the steps I took:

1. Unlocked phone
2. Installed TWRP (fastboot flash recovery mali.img)
3. Selected "Wipe">Format Data>yes rebooted back to TWRP
4. Pushed RR Rom using "adb push RROS-Q-8.6.5-20201212-ali-Official.zip /tmp" (also tried pixel experience)
5. In TWRP selected "Install>RROS-Q-8.6.5-20201212-ali-Official.zip"
6. Rebooted phone

But still get the same error:

I feel like I'm either missing a crucial step somewhere or the installation instructions are too vague for me. Do I need to unzip the rom first maybe? Or do I need to "Mount" the system/vendor/oem/firmware partition before I install?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Following this guide to flash back to stock rom ?

After first flash of custom Rom (Revenge OS) over stock, my data connection with LTE not work...I'll have to flashback to stock and then connection will work. Problem with modem partition ....

1/ No need to use adb push, simply drag and drop RROS-Q-8.6.5-20201212-ali-Official.zip from your computer to your phone storage. Phone will appears in windows explorer when you are in recovery.
2/ After reboot back in recovery after format Data (wich remove all encryption), I wipe all partition in advanced wipe (Cache, Dalvik, Data, Vendor, System, Internal Storage) and then copy my rom on the phone with windows explorer and install the rom + gapps if needed + magisk if you want root...
3/ If error message is still present, phone has a problem.

pikouchou

Oct 5, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Search on moto forum, your fast boot error should be related to Motorola USB drivers installed or not on your computer....
And you should try this command line found in back to stock ROM post :

fastboot oem fb_mode_clear

Last edited:

MuzikSmurf

Jan 15, 2018
Bluetooth does not work, it crashes the app everytime I enable it. Actually upon first boot of the RR it crashes. Anyone else have this issue?

MuzikSmurf

Jan 15, 2018
Or trying another rom like lineage OS....
I have tried the Ali version of this and Bluetooth is broke with this rom too for me.

haiag

Sep 23, 2013
So thanks for the wonderfull ROM. It works like a charme in almost all situation.

The only problem I have is the audio when doing a mobile phone call. There is no sound and the other side does not get my audio. This is only, when calling via SIM.
When using WA or other apps, it works normally.

I installed 8.6.5 with a clean flash, Magisk 21.4 and picogapps_arm64.

I tried to deactivate audio fx, but this didn't change anything. Anyone else has this problem or any ideas?
I thought of deleting audio FX via twrp and installing V4A, but I'm not sure, if this could help somehow.

Does anyone know, which system "app" handles the audio for calls? The dialer app does not need the privacy settings "microphone" for example, so this is only handling some internal stuff?

pikouchou

Oct 5, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Sometimes, flashback to stock rom with manufacturer program like Miflash or other os the only solution to restore full functional phone. All hidden or not partition will be wiped and restored with good files.

MuzikSmurf

Jan 15, 2018
Bluetooth crashing issue solved for me finally. Ive tested on every ROM I have and it works. These are the steps:
1. Advanced Wipe and select everything except your SD (external) card if thats where you store your zipped roms.
2. Next under Wipe do a Format, then (Yes).
3. Then back out and install your Ressurection Remix ROM OS
4. Then install Magisk 21.400.zip for root
5. Back up to Reboot option, select system
6. Bluetooth has not crashed on any OS since I started using this method.

Last edited:

inadd

Jul 1, 2019
@haiag The sound when doing audio recording (org.lineageos.recorder) and video recording (com.android.camera2) is noisy and pretty quiet. Does it work for you?

Nalfa

Jul 16, 2007
@abhishek_d9
Just curious,
are we done with this Resurrection Remix Q and move on to the "R" or are you still manage and update this one? Thanks

D

Deleted member 5232707

I'm wondering the same. I loved this last build but it isn't perfect (recording audio issues and no LED come to mind). Meanwhile, RR 8.6.6 is out there for other devices and security patches have been lost for two months in a row.

darthsteve

Mar 15, 2013
Is it just me or does this rom have a memory leak(or something else)? At reboot performance is great for a day, but after that my phone always slows down and takes ages to open apps.
Yes, I noticed this too. I was wondering if it was possible to configure/tweak the CPU governor, or if there's a custom kernel that would pair with this rom?

D

Deleted member 5232707

Yes, I noticed this too. I was wondering if it was possible to configure/tweak the CPU governor, or if there's a custom kernel that would pair with this rom?
I really doubt so. I wouldn't say my cellphone performance couldn't be better but its wakeup time is +410 hours. If there was a memory leak noticeable in 24 hours, I truly wouldn't expect this wakeup time. If there is one, it is not in the ROM, check your apps.

EDIT: Of course it feels snappier once it is recently booted than after 420+ hours of wakeup time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: darthsteve

Pr3nd3r

Nov 12, 2020
Is SafetyNet passing Basic Integrity? If so, and it's only failing CTS Profile Match, then you'll need to download HideProps Config in Magisk. You should be able to use terminal to edit build.prop and change fingerprint. I used Moto G7 fingerprint, which allowed me to successfully pass SafetyNet.

However, this worked for me using on RR 8.63, I haven't used RR since then, so maybe something's changed between then and now.

I'm currently using PixelExperience on Android 11. I didn't even have to download Magisk, phone passed SafetNet without me having to do anything.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Build for
    Resurrection Remix Q | 8.6.5 | Official

Security Patch -
    5th December 2020
    GApps - Not Included
    SELinux - Enforcing
    Build Date - 12th December 2020

Changelog:
    • Based on a new tree and kernel
    • December Security Patch
    • SELinux is Enforcing now
    • Front Camera Video Recording fixed
    • FM Radio Fixed
    • GPS Fixed
    • Dual Sim (Mobile Data also) Fixed
    • Turbocharging Fixed
    • Wifi Display Fixed
    • NFC Fixed
    • Moto Audio Introduced
    • Update blobs to deen_sprout version: QPKS30.54-22-13
    • Various other bug fixes
    • Performance Improvements

Notes:
    • Change to desktop site if the download doesn't start
    • Only Clean Flash Recommended (New tree and Kernel)
    • GApps - The smaller the better
    • Use Magisk 20.4 and above
    • Camera - Try Gcam or Pixelcam

Download: Here

#ResurrectionRemix #GetResurrected #RR
    rrlogo.png

Resurrection Remix Q

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

rrabout.png

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the newest features, brought directly to your Device.
    Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!

Special thanks to the LineageOS team, Omni team, SlimRoms and of course to all the supporters.

rrinstall.png

Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(TWRP is the preferred recovery)
    Download the latest Resurrection Remix Rom & the latest GApps package
    Boot into recovery
    Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    Flash ResurrectionRemix Rom
    Flash Google Apps package(Optional)
    Flash Magisk Root(Optional)
    First boot may take up to 10 minutes.

rrdownload.png

ROM Download
    GApps
    Pixel GApps

rrsource.png

Resurrection Remix Source
    Device Source
    Kernel Source
    Vendor Source

rrthanks.png

XDA Developers
    LineageOS Team
    AICP
    Crdroid
    AOSIP
    DU
    Xtended
    Evolution X
    Bliss
    Omni Team
    And Of Course To All The Supporters, Donators And Users
    Join our Telegram channel: https://t.me/resurrectionremixchat

rrbugs.png

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time.

Download the MatLog app from the Play Store.
    After downloading the MatLog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into MatLog and stop the log recording.
    Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.

rrsocial.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][10.0][OFFICIAL] Resurrection Remix v8.6.4 [Ali], ROM for the Moto G6

Contributors
    abhishek_d9
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    Based On: Lineage OS

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: v8.6.4
    Stable Release Date: 2020-10-01

Created 2020-10-01
    Last Updated 2020-11-16
    To install this ROM (8.6.5) I did the following, worked perfectly.
    1. Install TWRP 64 Bit
    2. Boot to recovery, do a factory reset. You don't need to go farther than that.
    3. Install the ROM, reboot to recovery
    4. Install GAPPS 64bit (I use Nano, but Pico works too)
    5. Install Magisk 20.4
    6. Reboot and let it do its thing for a few minutes.

Done. :)
    My man! This RR v8.6.5 is seriously solid! I mean, like Debian Stable rock solid! I have been testing, exhausting every option for hours and it keeps giving me everything I ask. I had one "problem", at first boot touchscreen wasn't working at all. Big disappointment since I just got the phone yesterday and noticed there are only a few custom ROMs available. Decided to try again and just reboot: it's been delightful. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

EDIT: BTW I am using this build with Nanolx's microG and Fdroid flashable zips directly flashed in system, without Magisk and no Google account. This is a pretty weird setup, most of the time it wouldn't work properly. How the hell did you achieve this?

Ok. I didn't go as far as you did. I did a clean wipe, clean install, nano gaps and magisk 20.4. Smoooth as butttttttttteeeeerrrr. This is nice and polished. I'm very very impRRessed.
    Notes

• Recovery - TWRP or OFOX (64 bit)
    • Use Magisk 20.4 and above
    • FP Gestures fix
      [ROOT NEEDED]
      1. Enable hardware keys toggle
      2. Keep navbar toggle enabled
      3. Open any terminal app in ur device
      4. Type this code -
      Code:
      su
      settings put system navigation_bar_show_new -1