• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10.0][OFFICIAL] Resurrection Remix v8.6.9 [VINCE][05.06.2021]

Search This thread

nazzgullzz

May 5, 2021
First of all good job with this rom it runs really well.

*Issue coming from a clean install*
There is an issue with me on the latest update where after the phone has been on for a couple of hours. If you save an image/photo/video, it will not show it in recents on an app.

For example on Instagram you will go to upload a story of a recently saved image and it won't be there to select.
Same applies with Messenger.

After restarting the phone the saved images are shown properly in the apps.
It's as if the system hasn't updated on newly added files, so it doesn't show them.

I'll try flashing older version 8.6.7 tomorrow

After testing with a dirty flash of 8.6.7 it seems Instagram was to blame in its latest update.
Getting older version with uptodown fixed my issue.

All in all RR 8.6.8 works really well for anyone looking for a Daily Rom.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruturaj Kadam

nazzgullzz

May 5, 2021
Which GApps package do you choose for custom ROMs? What is the best option?
NikGapps, BitGapps, FlameGapps or OpenGapps....
OpenGapps is a usual go to for Android 10 and below.

I would recommend OpenGapps-Pico
It has just enough functionality for Google backup to restore your phone (includes Calls/Messages/Apps,settings etc.) and Playstore functionality etc. All without having the bloatware with it.
Just make sure when you are restoring, you look into the apps it is restoring and avoid it redownloading any bloatware app ( that might be in playstore ) it had from the copy of your previous phone.

Reactions: Gaukler_Faun

Ricfil

Dec 16, 2010
O´Porto
Android 11 roms are still unstable, with very little development and important bugs (specially on the comunications/WIFI and GPS aspects).

Androis 10 is the most stable system for Vince at the moment (by far) and I'm glad we still have at least one rom being actively updated.

I will flash this rom and hopefully use it as a daily driver.

Thank you Ruturaj.

Reactions: Ruturaj Kadam

jdgrath17

Mar 13, 2018
My touch used to work flawlessly before installing resurrection rom and now the touch is unresponsive badly especially when playing games. It just stops suddenly and fyi my screen has no damage at all and I even removed my screen guard to see if that was the prblem but still no luck. Can anyone confirm if its the rom that is creating problem and whether I should downgrade to miui 9-10 because I have already upgraded rom and kernel to this new version.

EDIT 1: I reverted back to MIUI 9,10 also 11 but it doesnt seem to fix the touch unresposive lag issues when playing games and typing. Seems like a software issue because it was working fine before december and after that it has started creating problems. Can anybody help please? Is it a kernel problem, or can it be fixed via build.prop edits?

Last edited:

Ricfil

Dec 16, 2010
O´Porto
My touch used to work flawlessly before installing resurrection rom and now the touch is unresponsive badly especially when playing games. It just stops suddenly and fyi my screen has no damage at all and I even removed my screen guard to see if that was the prblem but still no luck. Can anyone confirm if its the rom that is creating problem and whether I should downgrade to miui 9-10 because I have already upgraded rom and kernel to this new version.

EDIT 1: I reverted back to MIUI 9,10 also 11 but it doesnt seem to fix the touch unresposive lag issues when playing games and typing. Seems like a software issue because it was working fine before december and after that it has started creating problems. Can anybody help please? Is it a kernel problem, or can it be fixed via build.prop edit

Did you clean flash Ressurection?

No such issues on my side. I would clean all and flash a fresh download again to try it out once again.

droident

Dec 23, 2010
Redmi K20 Pro

EDIT 1: I reverted back to MIUI 9,10 also 11 but it doesnt seem to fix the touch unresposive lag issues when playing games and typing. Seems like a software issue because it was working fine before december and after that it has started creating problems. Can anybody help please? Is it a kernel problem, or can it be fixed via build.prop edits?
Nothing to do with software I'm afraid. It's a known problem with Redmi 5 Plus and can come and go. It's hypothesised that's it's due to copper oxides on the screen connector.

In my case it disappeared on it own but before that I had all sorts of odd behaviour and even came here to share a fix that quickly turned out to undo itself (brushing the screen connector with isopropyl).

If you're experiencing screen unresponsiveness, swipes being interpreted as touches and the digitiser being completely unresponsive when the handset wakes, you've got it. Often toggling the screen lock fixes it temporarily.

The only reliable fix is if you've got warranty. In which case Xiaomi will replace the screen and the problems magically disappear. If not, the only thing you can do is switch to another handset or put up with it. It may work it's way out like it did with mine. But it took a year or so dodgy behaviour until it did.

I bought a mi9t pro for general use and kept the 5 Plus as a gym phone. It eventually stopped. No idea why.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rrlogo.png

Resurrection Remix Q

Code:
    [SIZE="4"]/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */[/SIZE]

rrabout.png

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome

combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!

Special thanks to the LineageOS team, Omni team, SlimRoms and of course to all the supporters.

rrinstall.png

Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(OrangeFox R10.x is the preferred recovery)
    Download the latest Resurrection Remix Rom & the latest GApps package
    Boot into recovery
    Wipe system, vendor, data, cache and dalvik cache
    Flash ResurrectionRemix ROM
    Flash GApps package(Optional)
    Flash Magisk (Optional)
    Reboot.

rrdownload.png

Official Builds
    GApps

rrsource.png

Resurrection Remix Source
    Device Source
    Kernel Source
    Vendor Source

rrthanks.png

XDA Developers
    LineageOs Team
    AICP
    Crdroid
    AOSIP
    DU
    Xtended
    Evolution X
    Bliss
    Omni Team
    And Of Course To All The Supporters, Donators And Users
    Join our Telegram channel : https://t.me/resurrectionremixchat
    Join device specific Telegram channel : https://t.me/officialrrvince

rrbugs.png

You tell me

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time.

Download the MatLog app from the Play Store.
    After downloading the MatLog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into MatLog and stop the log recording.
    Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.

rrsocial.png

Contributors:
    @Ruturaj Kadam
    @KenHV
    @Prateek Punetha
    @blacksuan19

ROM OS Version: 10.0 Q
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 13-08-2020

Created 2020-08-13
    Last Updated 2021-06-06
    Update - 05/06/2021
    What's New -

Source Changelog:

* RR v8.6.9
    * May security patch

Device Changelog:
    * Update to coral may fp
    * Kernel Upstreamed with tag 4.9.269

Old Changelogs - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/root2raj/resurrectionremixQ_changelog/master/changelog_vince.txt
    Following are the basic steps. You need to google necessary files and proper step by step instructions. Don't be afraid.

BACKUP YOUR DATA BEFORE PROCEEDING.

1) Bootloader unlock
    2) Root install
    3) OrangeFox or any other Custom recovery install
    4) Custom ROM download and place it in memory card
    5) GAPPS download and place it in memory card
    6) Shutdown
    7) Press Volume up/down+power to boot into recovery
    8) Wipe data+cache+dalvik+internal memory
    9) Install Custom ROM
    10) Install Gapps
    11) Reboot & Enjoy
    unbelievable its like I have a new phone . thank you
    Came back from the mess that is A11 for Vince, and I'm very happy for being able to do so. A10 is now perfect for daily usage; A11 brings way too few new things to the table but with the added incompatibilities with applications, general unstability, and less customization. Thanks for this awesome ROM, Ruturaj Kadam!
    please, Im new with custom roms. I need instructions how start flashing this rom?
    Following are the basic steps. You need to google necessary files and proper step by step instructions. Don't be afraid.

BACKUP YOUR DATA BEFORE PROCEEDING.

1) Bootloader unlock
    2) Root install
    3) OrangeFox or any other Custom recovery install
    4) Custom ROM download and place it in memory card
    5) GAPPS download and place it in memory card
    6) Shutdown
    7) Press Volume up/down+power to boot into recovery
    8) Wipe data+cache+dalvik+internal memory
    9) Install Custom ROM
    10) Install Gapps
    11) Reboot & Enjoy