[ROM][10.0][OnePlus6][OFFICIAL]Syberia Project

Search This thread

robertobiundo

Aug 14, 2019
Cannot get heads up notifications to work. They are turned on in the syberia settings with a timeout of 5secs.. But none of the work. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200828-162718.jpg
    Screenshot_20200828-162718.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

vindipi

Mar 29, 2016
With great regret it seems that this forum and its Syberia custom rom is now dead. Many questions and requests receive no answer ... it would be worthwhile for everyone to find a valid alternative.

Last edited:

crypta

Nov 19, 2005
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 9 Pro
No need to push it IMHO. Syberia is still a very capable rom. Only one with OP+ cam AFAIK and original camera quality. Our habe things changed and camera quality is the same in LOS? (without trying dozens of ports from dubious sources)

vindipi

Mar 29, 2016
According to my humble parry, the true custom rom lover asks for at least continuous updates of monthly google patches, new features, aesthetic embellishments etc ...
It is not enough just to have the OOS camera, if that were the case we would have stayed with the original software. Then the programmers could deign to answer their followers and not make them feel orphans ...
I really appreciate Syberia but it is falling back compared to other custom roms. Unfortunately, this is the truth, like it or not.

DennySPB

Feb 10, 2011
With great regret it seems that this forum and its Syberia custom rom is now dead. Many questions and requests receive no answer ... it would be worthwhile for everyone to find a valid alternative.

Pls, do not mislead people. You got answer in TG group about some development break cause devs were at vacation.
Development not stopped and we will release update after september security patch.

vindipi

Mar 29, 2016
DennySPB I think it is normal to get a little bit out of sorts after not having received any updates for so long.
I have so positively advertised Sybetia rom for our Oneplus 6, I never expected without personally cursing, slandering and insulting any of your team to be cut off from Syberia's Telegram support group.
So DennySPB I ask that with your help ... as a gesture of solidarity, peace and brotherhood towards one of your followers to be readmitted to the Telegram group.
DennySPB I respect you so much and I await your response on this, do not disappoint me too ...

robertobiundo

Aug 14, 2019
I'm going to be honest. I'm a custom rom enthusiast since my first HTC wildfire. Syberia rom lasted 30h on my phone and I'm back to stock. Here is why (in case someone actually cares in order to improve the rom)
1. Battery life was bad. -25% than OOS on both SOT and standby ( got better with custom elementalX kernel but still quite bad )
2. Color calibration was a disaster with overly saturated reds and blues
2.a. there are 2 places to change the color saturation, the normal Android menu under display and the one under syberia settings. Non of them fix this
3. Bluetooth audio was stuttering
4. Camera crashed 10-20% of the times I opened or changed mode.
5. AOD would force the cpu to say out of deep sleep ( fixed with elementalX kernel )
6. Sluggish ( -12% performance on geekbench and antutu )
7. Heads up notifications did not work at all. Disregarding the settings
8. Low battery red led did not work (unless set to pulse, in which case the pulses are waaay to short to be seen)

That said. The UI look good. Great font and status bar customization. Custom icon shapes and more. But at this point not a daily driver.

crypta

Nov 19, 2005
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 9 Pro
Pls, do not mislead people. You got answer in TG group about some development break cause devs were at vacation.
Development not stopped and we will release update after september security patch.

Good to hear it here.

I'm going to be honest. I'm a custom rom enthusiast since my first HTC wildfire. Syberia rom lasted 30h on my phone and I'm back to stock. Here is why (in case someone actually cares in order to improve the rom)
1. Battery life was bad. -25% than OOS on both SOT and standby ( got better with custom elementalX kernel but still quite bad )
2. Color calibration was a disaster with overly saturated reds and blues
2.a. there are 2 places to change the color saturation, the normal Android menu under display and the one under syberia settings. Non of them fix this
3. Bluetooth audio was stuttering
4. Camera crashed 10-20% of the times I opened or changed mode.
5. AOD would force the cpu to say out of deep sleep ( fixed with elementalX kernel )
6. Sluggish ( -12% performance on geekbench and antutu )
7. Heads up notifications did not work at all. Disregarding the settings
8. Low battery red led did not work (unless set to pulse, in which case the pulses are waaay to short to be seen)

That said. The UI look good. Great font and status bar customization. Custom icon shapes and more. But at this point not a daily driver.

May or may not be true.
1 depence on usage and situation
3 I can't support. Hearing tons of audio and nearly all calls via BT - no problems here.
4 known problem with slowmo modes, 2nd opening solves these glitches - again, other roms don't support op+ cam AFAIK.
7 for me ui is fine. Only audible needs restarts - can't pin the problem
8 don't know, don't care.
9 uptime is stable for weeks nowadays

Sure, there may glitches here and there, but the answered points are nick picking IMHO.

why does the team has to answer this?

I really dislike the communication politics, it is less than brief and could be improved, but IMHO this is no reason to critize the whole effort in a blunt way with some false positives.

robertobiundo

Aug 14, 2019
I will elaborate more on my point for you track. Again I don't mean them in any aggressive way but in a constructive one. I'm order to make the room the ultimate OP6 room.

So here we go.
All my comparison are against the OOS 10.3

Point 1.
SOT where done with a benchmarking tool letting the phone run for 1h of SOT benchmatk and checking the battery delta
Screen off was done after a fresh install. nano GApps and no apps open. in this case comparison was done with AOS off (since OOS does not have this feature).
In.both cases the battery life was inferior to OOS. A kernel change to ElementalX provided an improvement. But still did not work against OOS. Meaning the phone can actually do better.

3. Phones calls are OK. In that I agree with you. Android normally falls back to low quality audio for phone calls since the audio is mostly mono and most BT devices cant support audio + microphone over high audio.
But no, the issue is with playing music from something like Spotify while having the phone in let's say your pants pocket. In this case Android tries to uses the high quality audio mode and since the signal is obstructed and weak is where the edge cases arrive. Here the audio for both my BT headphones one Phillips one Sony start to get choppy. This is not the case with the OOS. Granted this is not an entirely benchmarked thing like with point one. But I did not have time to make a proper benchmark with objects in the middle at a controlled distance.

4. Yes, slowmo is an issue but I also got some crashes while switching portrait/normal and front and back. They where jt consistent, but they ser there. OOD does nota have this issues, and I know this is small. But saying this is the only room with OOS camera does not fix the 10% crashes I had. If you want I can reinstall the rom and nail down the actual issue.

7. Heads up notifications are the ones that shouls show up a d a top bar popup while you get a (let's say) WhatsApp while you are in YouTube. They allow you to reply inline without switching to the app for example. It could be something that happens to me, but I found no way get them to work even though both menu options where on. Maybe something weird with my setup. But again ON should mean ON. It was a bug for me that's why I reported it. Again my comparison is againt OOS not other rooms. And in OOS it works just fine.

8. The red LED is this. When your battery is bellow the selected battery threshold. Let's say 15%. The led on top of the phones goes red so that you know just by looking at your phone that you should charge it. This does not work on Syberia even though the menu option is there in the Syberia settings. Alongside the colors for full battery and charging. The only way to make it work is to make it pulse. At this points the pulses are also bugged and last about 50ms (compared to the default Android of 1000ms). This is a minor issue but a bug is a bug and must be reported to improve things. As a comparison again. This works perfect on OOS and actually in most other rooms I tried.

This tests where done by me...on my phone and I could re-install to try to replicate and debug if needed.
I have no bias in this chat. I would like to point out that is quite decided with people saying that it's a bad rom and other praising glory to it. It's a rom. Like amny others. It really nails down a lot of things like that amazing blend of boot animation and wallpapers. And the ( at least for me ) amazing implementation of AOS with fingerprint support. But for me 4 of this 8 reports I'm.making make the room a non daily.
Diminished battery life
Diminished performance
Heads up notifications
BT issue

Again. Really want to be useful for the team and if needed I can test and retest my claims with more professional measurements for the BT and screenshots and video of the heads-up notifications. It just takes time to create and upload all the content so I'm.just giving the summary. If you don't believe me as an engineer. That is ok. I just wanted to share my POV to promote improvements.

Again sorry for this really long post. Just wanted to make thing clear

DennySPB

Feb 10, 2011
New build is up;)

Changelog:

Kernel:
- Upstreamed to 4.9.335
- Merged LE.UM.2.3.2-11000-SDX24, LA.UM.8.3.r1-08500-sdm845.0 CAF tags
- Merged LA.UM.8.3.r1-08500-sdm845.0 into wlan and audio drivers
- Lots of scheduler improvements from android-mainline

ROM:
- v3.9
- September Security patch
- ART improvements
- OOS LongShot replaced by ASUS StichImage
- Launcher improvements
- Screen-off FOD (for FOD devices)
- Show estimated battery time in QS header option
- Updated translations
- ANGLE upstream
- FaceUnlock update
- Wildcards support in hosts file
- Skia improvements
- SQLite update
- Etar (calendar) update
- Other fixes and improvements

Device:
- Fixed bluetooth AAC codec support

https://syberiaos.com/downloads#enchilada

crypta

Nov 19, 2005
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 9 Pro
3. Phones calls are OK. In that I agree with you. Android normally falls back to low quality audio for phone calls since the audio is mostly mono and most BT devices cant support audio + microphone over high audio.
But no, the issue is with playing music from something like Spotify while having the phone in let's say your pants pocket. In this case Android tries to uses the high quality audio mode and since the signal is obstructed and weak is where the edge cases arrive. Here the audio for both my BT headphones one Phillips one Sony start to get choppy. This is not the case with the OOS. Granted this is not an entirely benchmarked thing like with point one. But I did not have time to make a proper benchmark with objects in the middle at a controlled distance.

After being sensible for this topic, I realized and remembered some glitches in my audio books. I thought it would be an issue with the source, but is is not. It happens very seldom,but sometimes it is... Skipping some small part accompanied by some glitch noise. This may be the same problem. Will see if it happens I. The current update.

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

Stitch image looks got on first glance.
On second glance: I wish I could just press a button with the functionality of getting maximal content until the end of page or buffer. Instead I have to press 2-3 times to get one full screen additional.
Also I hoped the buffer would be greater so I could take a nearly 'endless' area I to the one Screenshot. But also the buffer from stitch is limited.

Sadly stitcher says on dpreview comment section there is no content to add. This is not true. In OOS there were also sometimes problems capturing prolonged Screenshots, but there it worked most times I. 2nd try.

The no more content thing happens on various web pages.

Last edited:

crypta

Nov 19, 2005
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 9 Pro
I really would like to have a button in Asus stitch to maximize the Screenshot to max or end of scrolling. Doing this manually is clicking clicking clicking clicking... Clicking... And.. Clicking to many times ?.

Optically it looks very cool and I like to have the additional time for my second action as the screen stays now longer, which is good.

Psk.It

Mar 6, 2016
New build is up;)

Changelog:

Kernel:
- Upstreamed to 4.9.335
- Merged LE.UM.2.3.2-11000-SDX24, LA.UM.8.3.r1-08500-sdm845.0 CAF tags
- Merged LA.UM.8.3.r1-08500-sdm845.0 into wlan and audio drivers
- Lots of scheduler improvements from android-mainline

ROM:
- v3.9
- September Security patch
- ART improvements
- OOS LongShot replaced by ASUS StichImage
- Launcher improvements
- Screen-off FOD (for FOD devices)
- Show estimated battery time in QS header option
- Updated translations
- ANGLE upstream
- FaceUnlock update
- Wildcards support in hosts file
- Skia improvements
- SQLite update
- Etar (calendar) update
- Other fixes and improvements

Device:
- Fixed bluetooth AAC codec support

https://syberiaos.com/downloads#enchilada

Ciao Denny
I was running in FC with the previous build (07-25)
this build fix the problem?
Thank you

- tried, now it's stable for me
- missing battery info charging with phone off

Last edited:

DennySPB

Feb 10, 2011
I really would like to have a button in Asus stitch to maximize the Screenshot to max or end of scrolling. Doing this manually is clicking clicking clicking clicking... Clicking... .
l
Thx, for your reply. Longshot is not basic android feature yet. Both implementation made by @jhenrique09 (PixelExpirience dev). He made reverse engineering of vendors implementation from OnePlus (Longshot) and ASUS (StichImage). He port changes for it into framework and made some smali edits in vendor's packages for it. It's great to have longshots in custom roms.
Personally I prefer autoscroll for longshots too, but current implementation of oos longshot made by Mokee for A10 is buggy ah. And second part of it - StichImage have good editor and it's easily replaces GoogleMarkUp. Better to have one proprietary package. And it's StichImage.

Last edited:

HannibalLecter

May 12, 2016
i have a question with regards to all android custom ROMs for oneplus 6.
1. The screen touch experience feels less smooth than OOS. I use nova launcher and almost everytime my click on an app icon on the homescreen ends up in No response or the first time. I click again and then it works. The screen touch exprience in general is also not smooth (certainly not as uch with OOS)
2. With Nvigation gestures, the ROM is absolutely unbearably irritating. as long as 3 button navigation is ON, it is fine.
but the gestures bring in so many bugs. 3/5 times i run into trouble with the recent app screen where it gets stuck in the recent app menu and home gesture doies not work. i have to click on any of the apps in the rcent apop menu to go to that app and then home gesture works.
it is very buggy.
not gating on any rom here but looking for an explanmation to why OOS is just so smooth and all the custom ROMs are just NOT.
this isnt the case with other devices such as xiaomi etc.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    d7Wdalb.png
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Read the whole OP! Be respectful to each other and don't ask for ETAs, it's considered as being rude!

Vv4txnQ.png

Syberia Project (aka Syberia OS) is a custom ROM for Oneplus 6 (enchilada) that implements various features. This project was designed by our "Syberia Team" from scratch based on AOSP source code with some CAF fixes and improvements. Our team: @DennySPB, @blinoff82, @alexxxdev. Also many thanks to our designer @rlshukhov for logos, wallpapers and bootanimation.

If you like our work you can buy us a cup of coffee or a glass of beer :p
    Here

VTh68ra.png

Code:
    OTA Updates
    VoLTE
    VoWiFi
    Pocket detection
    Wake up on charge
    Screen off animations
    Charging animations
    ADB notifications
    System animations
    QS tiles animations
    Buttons customizations
    Notifications lights
    Battery charging lights
    Notifications vibration
    Toast app icon
    Ambient music ticker
    Edge lightning
    Pulse flash on incoming call
    Aggressive battery
    Gaming mode
    Battery styles
    Clock options
    Statusbar network traffic
    HeadsUp notifications
    Statusbar quick pulldown
    Brightness slider options
    Lockscreen charging info
    Lockscreen weather
    Lockscreen media artwork
    Lockscreen music visualizer
    Three finger swipe to screenshot
    Power button torch
    Double tap gestures
    Reset battery stats
    Smart chargig
    Live Display
    Dashboard conditions/suggestions
    Configurable 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree rotation
    Extended powermenu
    Full screen apps
    Themes support
    Accent colors
    Fonts support
    Icon shape support
    Screen Record
    Sound Record
    Ringtones for diff SIM-cards
    Invert layout for navbar
    ...and more and more. Settings and features are constantly being added and improved.

8VyUQ4W.png

AvsSRoq.png

First installation.

Code:
    1. Connect phone to PC, reboot in fastboot mode using command "adb reboot bootloader"
    2. Boot temporary recovery by mauronofrio using command "fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-18-enchilada-Q-mauronofrio.img"
    3. Flash OOS 10.3.1
    4. Reboot into bootloader
    5. Repeat steps 2, 3, 4
    6. Boot temporary recovery by mauronofrio using command "fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-18-enchilada-Q-mauronofrio.img"
    7. Install Syberia OS
    9. Reboot recovery
    10. Install Gapps
    11. Install Magisk
    12. WIPE DATA!
    13. Reboot into system

Manual updating.

Code:
    - Reboot into TWRP recovery
    - Flash ROM 
    - Reboot recovery
    - Flash Gapps
    - Flash Magisk
    - Reboot into system

MWeyPL0.png

Code:
    - Find and let us know by attaching the logcat.

P3ukkeP.png

5J6Exi9.png
    Code:
    - LineageOS
    - Nitrogen Project
    - Dirty Unicorns
    - AOSPA (aka Paranoid Android)
    - PixelExperience
    - AOSiP
    - Omni ROM
    - crDroid
    - @[url=https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=10180061]a18h[/url] for Android 10 bootanimation and wallpaper
    - @[url=https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=10162899]Mano_Cortezz[/url] for his wallpapers

kuOCxRH.png
    5e1ae090dd33.png
    986e963ed0e6.png
    9dafcc10ac5d.png
    201e14f8208d.png
    b273be1b6514.png
    c1d690f77ab1.png
    e0184a1940d1.png
    6df0afbaafe6.png
    a64291464889.png
    34775349c6bb.png
    1888cc2f8c01.png
    04c03308fd25.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][10.0][OnePlus6][OFFICIAL]Syberia Project, ROM for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
    blinoff82, DennySPB
    Source Code: https://github.com/SyberiaProject-Devices/platform_kernel_oneplus_sdm845

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: OOS 10.3.1
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.x

Created 2019-09-28
    Last Updated 2020-06-20
    New build is up! ;)
    Changelog:
    Added extended powermenu
    Added powermenu torch
    Added qs brightness slider position
    Added status network traffic
    Added heads up notifications
    Added VoLTE switch
    Added dt2sleep preferences
    Added lockscreen quick unlock
    Added signature spoofing (MicroG support)
    Merged tag "LA.UM.8.3.r1-06100-sdm845"
    Updated sqlite
    Updated skia
    Improved low-memory killer
    Improved Android 10 lock clock
    Lot of fixes for Messaging app
    Lot of fixes for Ims, Telephony, Bluetooth
    Other fixes and improvements under the hood

Download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/sy...lus6-v3.0-20191005-0618-OFFICIAL.zip/download
    New build is up! ;)
    Attention: ROM is now based on Android 10 vendor. Therefore, a clean flash is strictly necessary!
    Flashing guide:
    1. Backup all your data to PC! If you have PIN/PATTERN - disable it.
    2. Connect phone to PC, reboot in fastboot mode.
    3. Flash recovery from here: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261622651
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot twrp-3.3.1-12-enchilada-Q-mauronofrio.img
    4. Reboot to recovery directly from fastboot mode using the volume keys to select and the Power button to confirm.
    5. Install OOS 10 Stable in both slots from here: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261618789
    6. Reboot to system and complete initial setup.
    7. Reboot in fastboot mode.
    8. Flash recovery (repeat steps 3 and 4)
    9. Install Syberia OS v3.1
    10. Install recovery from here: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261622653
    11. Reboot recovery
    12. Install Gapps from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/arm64-bitgapps-q-10-0-0-t3968500
    13. Install Magisk from here: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/download/v20.1/Magisk-v20.1.zip
    14. WIPE DATA!
    14. Reboot into system. Profit!

Changelog:
    - November security patch android-10.0.0_r14 (QD1A.190821.014.C2)
    - Kernel 4.9.199
    - Syberia v3.1
    - Update official wallpaper and bootanimation
    - Update blobs from OB30
    - Launcher: remove unnecessary bottom space
    - ThemePicker: fixed grid settings
    - ThemePicker: added Styles
    - Add battery styles and customizations
    - Add Pocket judge
    - Fixed WFD (Miracast)
    - Fixed dash charging percents
    - Fixed icon tinting in power datails
    - Updated translations
    - Other fixes and improvements under the hood

Download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/sy...lus6-v3.1-20191109-0657-OFFICIAL.zip/download
    New build is up! ;)
    Changelog:
    -October security patch 10.0.0_r5 (QP1A.191005.007.A1)
    -Kernel rebased on latest LA.UM.8.3.r1-06100-sdm845.0 tag
    -Updated wlan kernel drivers
    -Updated audio kernel drivers
    -Allow navigation gesture bar to be hidden
    (Settings-System-Gestures-System navigation-Gear)
    -Dialer auto proximity speakerphone
    -Add option to disable proximity sensor
    -Re-add call recording
    -Re-add call statistics
    -SmartMute by flipping the phone
    -Switch for linked ring and media notification volumes
    -Allow adjusting screen density to smaller sizes
    -Added deep sleep info to uptime
    -Other fixes and improvements under the hood

Download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/sy...lus6-v3.0-20191011-1442-OFFICIAL.zip/download
    New build is up! ;)
    Note: After bootanimation, you will see a black screen in a few seconds. This is normal, you have to wait a bit. This is a known issue, we will fix it soon.
    Changelog:
    - Kernel 4.9.201
    - Config to hide status bar on lock screen
    - Disable Quick Settings on secure lockscreen
    - AOKP custom system animations
    - QS tiles animations
    - QS tiles interpolators
    - Added tiles: caffeine, sound, reboot
    - Kill button in notification guts
    - Fixes for statusbar icons padding
    - Other fixes and improvements under the hood

Download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/sy...lus6-v3.1-20191116-0943-OFFICIAL.zip/download
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone