With great regret it seems that this forum and its Syberia custom rom is now dead. Many questions and requests receive no answer ... it would be worthwhile for everyone to find a valid alternative.
Pls, do not mislead people. You got answer in TG group about some development break cause devs were at vacation.
Development not stopped and we will release update after september security patch.
I'm going to be honest. I'm a custom rom enthusiast since my first HTC wildfire. Syberia rom lasted 30h on my phone and I'm back to stock. Here is why (in case someone actually cares in order to improve the rom)
1. Battery life was bad. -25% than OOS on both SOT and standby ( got better with custom elementalX kernel but still quite bad )
2. Color calibration was a disaster with overly saturated reds and blues
2.a. there are 2 places to change the color saturation, the normal Android menu under display and the one under syberia settings. Non of them fix this
3. Bluetooth audio was stuttering
4. Camera crashed 10-20% of the times I opened or changed mode.
5. AOD would force the cpu to say out of deep sleep ( fixed with elementalX kernel )
6. Sluggish ( -12% performance on geekbench and antutu )
7. Heads up notifications did not work at all. Disregarding the settings
8. Low battery red led did not work (unless set to pulse, in which case the pulses are waaay to short to be seen)
That said. The UI look good. Great font and status bar customization. Custom icon shapes and more. But at this point not a daily driver.
3. Phones calls are OK. In that I agree with you. Android normally falls back to low quality audio for phone calls since the audio is mostly mono and most BT devices cant support audio + microphone over high audio.
But no, the issue is with playing music from something like Spotify while having the phone in let's say your pants pocket. In this case Android tries to uses the high quality audio mode and since the signal is obstructed and weak is where the edge cases arrive. Here the audio for both my BT headphones one Phillips one Sony start to get choppy. This is not the case with the OOS. Granted this is not an entirely benchmarked thing like with point one. But I did not have time to make a proper benchmark with objects in the middle at a controlled distance.
New build is up
- Upstreamed to 4.9.335
- Merged LE.UM.2.3.2-11000-SDX24, LA.UM.8.3.r1-08500-sdm845.0 CAF tags
- Merged LA.UM.8.3.r1-08500-sdm845.0 into wlan and audio drivers
- Lots of scheduler improvements from android-mainline
- September Security patch
- ART improvements
- OOS LongShot replaced by ASUS StichImage
- Launcher improvements
- Screen-off FOD (for FOD devices)
- Show estimated battery time in QS header option
- Updated translations
- ANGLE upstream
- FaceUnlock update
- Wildcards support in hosts file
- Skia improvements
- SQLite update
- Etar (calendar) update
- Other fixes and improvements
- Fixed bluetooth AAC codec support
lI really would like to have a button in Asus stitch to maximize the Screenshot to max or end of scrolling. Doing this manually is clicking clicking clicking clicking... Clicking... .
/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
OTA Updates VoLTE VoWiFi Pocket detection Wake up on charge Screen off animations Charging animations ADB notifications System animations QS tiles animations Buttons customizations Notifications lights Battery charging lights Notifications vibration Toast app icon Ambient music ticker Edge lightning Pulse flash on incoming call Aggressive battery Gaming mode Battery styles Clock options Statusbar network traffic HeadsUp notifications Statusbar quick pulldown Brightness slider options Lockscreen charging info Lockscreen weather Lockscreen media artwork Lockscreen music visualizer Three finger swipe to screenshot Power button torch Double tap gestures Reset battery stats Smart chargig Live Display Dashboard conditions/suggestions Configurable 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree rotation Extended powermenu Full screen apps Themes support Accent colors Fonts support Icon shape support Screen Record Sound Record Ringtones for diff SIM-cards Invert layout for navbar ...and more and more. Settings and features are constantly being added and improved.
1. Connect phone to PC, reboot in fastboot mode using command "adb reboot bootloader" 2. Boot temporary recovery by mauronofrio using command "fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-18-enchilada-Q-mauronofrio.img" 3. Flash OOS 10.3.1 4. Reboot into bootloader 5. Repeat steps 2, 3, 4 6. Boot temporary recovery by mauronofrio using command "fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-18-enchilada-Q-mauronofrio.img" 7. Install Syberia OS 9. Reboot recovery 10. Install Gapps 11. Install Magisk 12. WIPE DATA! 13. Reboot into system
- Reboot into TWRP recovery - Flash ROM - Reboot recovery - Flash Gapps - Flash Magisk - Reboot into system
- Find and let us know by attaching the logcat.
- LineageOS - Nitrogen Project - Dirty Unicorns - AOSPA (aka Paranoid Android) - PixelExperience - AOSiP - Omni ROM - crDroid - @[url=https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=10180061]a18h[/url] for Android 10 bootanimation and wallpaper - @[url=https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=10162899]Mano_Cortezz[/url] for his wallpapers
fastboot flash boot twrp-3.3.1-12-enchilada-Q-mauronofrio.img