[ROM][10.0][OneUI 2.5][G930X/G935X/N930X/N935X]FloydQ V5.0

robb9

Jan 18, 2020
Baku
Hi
I'm having a strange problem since I flashed this ROM when it first came out.
While I'm listening through earphones (wired), I sometimes hear clicks and clippings, and the left and right channels get reversed or change from stereo to mono.
It's a weird problem and I don't know how to report it properly.
I have exact same issue !
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for possibly stupid question, but what does
3rd party call patch
mean ?

And just reflash the rom without any specific selections ?

Jan 10, 2021
Regarding 3rd party audio issue
I haven't installed google app "voice assistant app" never used it before
I haven't tick from Aroma
I performed a clean install on my S7e G935FD around 5 times but no luck at all
I've also tried with Google app and then disabled it but that didn't help as well
I also tried doing factory reset from settings and that didn't help too
Please help with audio patch

Last edited:
Reactions: robb9
Jan 10, 2021
Zeroteam guy who's doing a great job to port note 10 ui 3.0 for s7 will surely make it for losers to be ashamed. Some developers think it's a fake, but I surely believe it's not. But these developers ain't willing to help him out with it but wishing failure for this guy. Zeroteam guy, u will surely make it. Don't give up and I hope this message will reach u. Ur thread is closed until download is available. I will be waiting. For a thumbs up 👍. And zeroteam roms will be great for over thousands download
I never saw someone as rude as you
I think you're in the wrong place dude
This port is perfect

robb9

Jan 18, 2020
Baku
Regarding 3rd party audio issue
I haven't installed google app "voice assistant app" never used it before
I haven't tick from Aroma
I performed a clean install on my S7e G935FD around 5 times but no luck at all
I've also tried with Google app and then disabled it but that didn't help as well
I also tried doing factory reset from settings and that didn't help too
Please help with audio patch
Yup, I have also tried the method with disabling assistant with headphones, no effect.

ananjaser1211

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
May 11, 2012
Dubai
www.youtube.com
removing assistant seems to help only in few 3rd party apps (call audio wise) , but not all, i am still tracking down the issue alongside the audio mute. i suspect they are related and/or caused by the same thing. if removing assistant (from aroma and not installing it as a user app) and still didnt work, your only method is to manually reduce earpiece volume in hktweaks > morosound

not really ideal. but until i figure out 3rd party calls and audio muting i cant release V6 as those two are major issues.

bear with me

Jan 10, 2021
removing assistant seems to help only in few 3rd party apps (call audio wise) , but not all, i am still tracking down the issue alongside the audio mute. i suspect they are related and/or caused by the same thing. if removing assistant (from aroma and not installing it as a user app) and still didnt work, your only method is to manually reduce earpiece volume in hktweaks > morosound

not really ideal. but until i figure out 3rd party calls and audio muting i cant release V6 as those two are major issues.

bear with me
I've tried the audio patch for V4.0 (https://github.com/ananjaser1211/FloydQ_Reports/files/5151328/AudioPatch.zip)
it fixed the 3rd party audio issue but created another issue with microphone audio quality (my voice sounded like i was sitting in a cave) i hope that help some how

Jan 10, 2021

Read this F.A.Q While the rom is Downloading.

NOTES :

- After installation, leave your phone to build and optimize caches. which can take upto 15 minutes on clean flash. your phone will be HOT at this stage. If DirtyFlashing, it can take upto 30mins

OneUI 2.5 Related Issues :
- These are issues that are caused by OneUI 2.5 , that i have no power over to fix. these might change between updates if/when a hack is found

1) Google Chrome sutter/freeze : github
- This is a bug in recent OneUI 2.1 patches that affects webview leading to some apps freezing (Chrome and Brave browser mainly). the github
- Going to "chrome://flags/#ignore-gpu-blacklist" and enabling renderer override helps some users

2) AllowedDevices list in hotspot : Github

3) goodlock SountAssistant might limit audio : Github

F.A.Q :

Q : Heavy battery usage / Drain

A : A recommendation i mentioned in my group (aside from boring calibration) is to charge your phone while its powered off multiple times.
I.e whenever possible, charge your phone to 100 when its turned off.
on oneui 2+ for some reason the battery charges from ~90 to 95% only, like there is a gap, which sometimes go as far as to 85% (system says 100% but if you charge offline it will be less than 100%)
i started doing that recently and SOT on my S7 went from barley hitting 3 to hitting over 4 hours sometimes (with light usage tho)
more info on the bug here https://github.com/ananjaser1211/FloydQ_Reports/issues/196 , i have not found a way to fix it yet

Q : Random Audio Muting
A : The current workaround is either a reboot, or to toggle MoroSound on/off and mess with EQ in HKTweaks (requires root)

Q : Games are Laggy/Pix-elated/Stutter/sucks/crashes
A : Open GameLauncher > Top Left menu > Game Performance > Set Game performance to "Focus on PowerSaving" : Video

Q : Black Wallpaper after installing/cleared previous wallpaper setting
A : This is related to picking S9+ Wallpaper pack, it will reset to no wallpaper on dirty flashes

Q : Which Vanced version to use ? (root,nonroot)
A : i recommend using the NON-ROOT option and installing microG from vanced manager to avoid complicated setups

Q : phone crashes overnight (Green LED only)
A : There is no 100% method that works out of the box for "Everyone" However using the device for a day or two usually eliminates the issue fully. other workarounds include limiting charging capacity to 99% as shown below
- To recover from this crash, long press volume down and power for 10 seconds until the phone reboots
- This issue mostly happens on fresh clean installs, and goes away after few days of usage
- Having AOD or ScreenSaver might reduce the issue (in my case it did)
- Best suggestion is to either Not charge overnight for the first few days of the installation, or charge the phone while its powered off
- limiting charging capacity to 99% seems to be the best option if you want a fix right away, you can do that by using MagiskModule ACC (adaptive charging controller) module + Its config app

Q : Phone is not charging / Discharging while charging
A : Check your battery temperature, OneUI 2 wont charge when your battery is above 42C. there is no bypass to this yet

Q : Phone Speaker is Muted, Cant hear anything.
A : Reboot the device when this happens.
- Use HKtweaks > sound > Enable/Disable Morosound / EQ which resets audio and fixes the issue
- Some users dont have this issue when keeping morosoud/EQ enabled all the time

Q : CIDManager asks to Reset the phone (Simcard has been changed popup)
A : Either try to re-install the ROM and change the CSC to Auto or Custom. or using TWRP file manager do this
- Mount System
- open twrp file manager
- Go to /system/system/priv-app/CIDManager
- Delete the APK

Q : GCAM Support?
A : You have to use Android Q compatible GCAM Otherwise it will be stuck at processing, This version of UnixCamera by @mark199850 is supported. install it then go into camera settings and restart the gcam app

Q : How to get Root ?
A : Download Magisk from the Official Thread . flash magisk.zip

Q : How to Adjust/Disable level of touch key vibration ?
A : Go to settings > Sound and vibration > Vibration Intensity > Increase or decrease Touch Interaction (lowest will disable vibration)

Q : How to Disable keylight without enabling PowerSaving ?
A : Use this app to configure key light time out settings GalaxyButtons

Q : Does this support X?
A : This ROM supports All Exynos8890 devices (S7/S7E Note7 and Note7FE) and does not support Snapdragon models

Q : I have Symlinks error / Rom wont go past splash
A : As the AROMA Told you, don't pick all the bloat. and use default settings if you don't know otherwise

Q : I still have issues installing. Why ?
A : If you previously installed Treble, and did not flash revert, Now is a good time. Your system might be too small

Q : Device is running too hot
A : If it was just set-up, Give it time and make sure everything is up-to-date.

Q : What to do after the rom is setup ?
A : Go to samsung apps, let the phone update everything

Q : My phone does NOT boot help pls
A : Ensure you have LATEST bootloader and modem installed, did all the wipes, and did your house chores.
Regarding battery draining issue
I've flashed cronosKernel V4.5 and immediately i can feel the difference with battery consumption
I've tried v5.5 but it was a bit leggy especially when browsing and scrolling Facebook app as well