[ROM][10.0][OneUI 2.5] Rise-Q v2.1 for A5 and A7 2017

Search This thread
Thank you very much for this awesome rom ! I've been using the last version for a couple of days, it seems pretty stable. No real lags (I think korea rom was a bit smoother but hey), gps and stuff work good.
Only thing I encountered is with the Bluetooth, I connected some speakers but the phone seems to forget it everytime I try to reconnect (I need to pair it manually and the speaker doesn't show up in the saved list).
Again good job 👍
There's a Magisk module called "Bluetooth library patcher" that will fix your bluetooth issue. Sadly I forgot to include this in the latest update.

Reactions: nubry

Jmackley

Aug 12, 2017
Thank you very much for this awesome rom ! I've been using the last version for a couple of days, it seems pretty stable. No real lags (I think korea rom was a bit smoother but hey), gps and stuff work good.
Only thing I encountered is with the Bluetooth, I connected some speakers but the phone seems to forget it everytime I try to reconnect (I need to pair it manually and the speaker doesn't show up in the saved list).
Again good job 👍
There should be a magisk module that fixes bluetooth pairing, we had this issue when testing the first version and that solved it until the patch was put into the rom, also yeah korean is effectively stock based and this isn't so that'll probably be more stable but riseq is very very good now, just a couple of issues left
Smooth as butter. Thank you so much. Also can you kindly help me with compatible gcam that has portrait mode

You could try zgcam since that gcam definitely works and is great for photos, although i'm not sure about portrait mode

I found another error in the ROM. on the edge screen. when taking screenshot it disappears. So in the screenshot you don't see the edge screen.
That seems more like a feature to me. It disappears for a moment so it wouldn't obscure the screen.
Edit: I tested that on an A51 and yes, it happens there too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Simon1511

t-shock

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
Thessaloniki, Central Macedonia
Just bought a second hand A5 2017 (as a second phone) in brand new condition and with a new battery. Stock rom was very bad, but after installing this one, it really did made a difference in performance. Great job from the dev!

Sega.Boy

Apr 20, 2021
I have a small "issue" with the aod edge. the edge lighting works when screen is on, but not on the aod screen. am I missing out on something or is it a bug? I've enabled it for all the apps btw.
And also thanks for the rom dev. It fixed one of the most annoying issues i had with these ports which was the delay in camera opening and closing in apps and the random camera crashes. The camera in this is buttery smooth. not to say that a newer version of android is always a plus.

Wengxams

Aug 16, 2019
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite
There should be a magisk module that fixes bluetooth pairing, we had this issue when testing the first version and that solved it until the patch was put into the rom, also yeah korean is effectively stock based and this isn't so that'll probably be more stable but riseq is very very good now, just a couple of issues left

You could try zgcam since that gcam definitely works and is great for photos, although i'm not sure about portrait mode
I'll try and report back. Thanks

Apr 21, 2021
Been using v2.0 for 10 days now and I can safely say this is the smoothest ROM I've used since HadesROM!
Big fan of all the features like Bixby and Edge screen too :)
Battery life is also very stable, considering this is OneUI 2.5 on a 4 year old phone.

No major bugs or crashes so far, so it's looking really good. :)
Great job!

Volkan Uysal

Mar 28, 2021
rise-Q.png

Disclaimer
Code:
I am NOT responsible for bricked devices, destroyed SD cards or any
damage that may happen to your device.

Features
  • OneUI 2.5 ported from official Galaxy Note 10 Lite Q release (N770FXXS7CTL1)
  • January security patch
  • Kernel built from A720SKSU3CSH1 sources with Linux 3.18.140
  • Fully deodexed
  • De-knoxed and debloated
  • S9+ CSC
  • Aroma installer

Requirements
  • An A5 2017 or A7 2017 (A520F/-W/-K/-L/-S/-N or A720F/-S)
  • Oreo bootloader and modem
  • TWRP/SHRP/OrangeFox recovery
  • Vendor partition is NOT required, but this ROM also works if the partition is present.
  • A brain

Bugs
  • All Knox features such as Secure Folder/S-Pay/S-pen support/etc have been removed!
  • Face recognition doesn't work
  • Some users might not see their 2.4GHz WiFi network in settings. See workarounds down below.
  • Maybe more, read the thread

Installation
  • Its highly recommended to wipe /system, /data and /cache before installation, especially if coming from stock ROM.
  • Download the ROM from the download section below and copy the ROM's zip to your phone's internal storage or SD card
  • Make a backup of your important data in case something goes wrong!
  • Optionally, wipe /system, /data and /cache before installation (can also be done in the installer)
  • In recovery, select install and choose the ROM's zip
  • Make your choices in the aroma installer and wait for it to finish the installation
  • Reboot your device and wait until it booted. NOTE: First boot can take up to 10 minutes!

Downloads
  • See post #2

Support

Credits
Thanks to...
  • Me, for all the time I spent on this project
  • @corsicanu and @ananjaser1211 for their magisk fix
  • Again @ananjaser1211 for his button light fix
  • @Option58 for updating and upstreaming the kernel to Linux 3.18.140
  • @Astrako for his countless fixes and his knowledge
  • @SuperR. for his android kitchen
  • @3arthur6 for his bluetooth library patch
  • All Telegram users who tested and helped me
  • Anyone else I missed

Kernel source
Github
can I use the Samsung Galaxy wearable app and Samsung SmartThings app with this rom?

Apr 21, 2021
can I use the Samsung Galaxy wearable app and Samsung SmartThings app with this rom?
For wearable I am not sure as I have no buds, but the app seems to launch just fine.
SmartThings should work. It does for me.

What you can't use is Knox features such as Samsung Pay, Pass and Secure Folder.

Speaking of which, I do have one question to the creator of the ROM: Is there a way to get Secure Folder working? I tried using Smali Patcher. It generated a Magisk module and I could apply it successfully, but even after putting all the neccessary apk files (Knoxcore, Secure Folder etc) in system/priv-app, Secure Folder still can't be created.

huzunbaz

Jan 19, 2017
Thank you very much mate. This version is great. It's been 15 days, I use it intensively and actively, with lots of apps installed. I have hardly seen any mistakes. I have never even seen a horse. Thank you. Thanks for your efforts.

t-shock

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
Thessaloniki, Central Macedonia
Just made a phone call (with 2 different people) and the told me that they can hear themselves (echo but delayed and very faint, not loudly). Is there any one else with the same problem on the latest v2?

Edit: Just installed Lineage and I didnt face that issue (of course, no volte/vowifi are available)
Edit2: Dual Speaker mod was creating the echo issue. I clean-installed the rom without that mod from aroma and now everything seems ok

Last edited:

Jmackley

Aug 12, 2017
Just made a phone call (with 2 different people) and the told me that they can hear themselves (echo but delayed and very faint, not loudly). Is there any one else with the same problem on the latest v2?

Edit: Just installed Lineage and I didnt face that issue (of course, no volte/vowifi are available)
Edit2: Dual Speaker mod was creating the echo issue. I clean-installed the rom without that mod from aroma and now everything seems ok
Yeah it's being caused by an issue with our phone's mic setup (i think the cancelling one isn't working properly or something like that) and of course dual speaker creates more sound so therefore more echo

Badger50

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rise-Q.png

Disclaimer
    Code:
    I am NOT responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards or any
    damage to you device.

Features
    • OneUI 2.5 ported from official Galaxy Note10 Lite Q release (N770FXXS7CTL1)
    • January 2021 security patch
    • Kernel built from A720SKSU3CSH1 sources with Linux 3.18.140
    • Fully deodexed
    • De-knoxed and debloated
    • S9+ CSC
    • Aroma installer
    • Working Secure Folder

Requirements
    • An A5 2017 or A7 2017 (A520F/-W/-K/-L/-S or A720F/-S)
    • Oreo bootloader and modem
    • TWRP/SHRP/OrangeFox recovery
    • Vendor partition is NOT required, but this ROM will work regardless of an existing vendor partition.
    • A brain

Bugs
    • Fingerprint scanner doesn't work in most third-party apps such as banking apps due to outdated keystore

Installation
    • Make a backup of your important data in case something goes wrong!
    • I highly recommend to wipe /system, /data and /cache before installation, especially if coming from stock ROM
    • Download the ROM from the download section below and copy the ROM's zip to your phone's internal storage or SD card
    • In recovery, select install and choose the ROM's zip
    • If not done before, you can make the choice to wipe /system, /data and /cache in the aroma installer
    • Make all your choices in the aroma installer and wait for it to finish the installation
    • Reboot your device and wait until it booted. NOTE: First boot can take up to 10 minutes!

Downloads
    • See post #2

Donations
    • If you like my work feel free to send me a donation.

Support

Credits
    Thanks to...
    • Me, for all the time I spent on this project
    • @corsicanu and @ananjaser1211 for their magisk fix
    • Again @ananjaser1211 for his button light fix
    • @Option58 for updating and upstreaming our kernel to Linux 3.18.140
    • @Astrako for his countless fixes
    • @SuperR. for his android kitchen
    • @3arthur6 for his bluetooth library patch
    • All Telegram users who tested and helped me
    • Anyone else I missed

Kernel source
    Github
    Downloads
    Rise-Q v2.1: [03/07/2021]
    See downloads in Release post

Rise-Q v2.0: [10/04/2021]
    Rise-Q v1.1: [18/01/2021]
    Rise-Q v1.0: [14/12/2020]
    Google Drive | OneDrive | Androidfilehost

Changelogs
    -Fixed Secure Folder and made it an Aroma selection (You may need to enable it in Settings/QuickSettings first)
    -Switched to proper A720S hardware backed keystore and gatekeeper blobs
    -Patched SystemUI to get rid of the huge margin between the pin field and the bottom of the lockscreen when fingerprint + pin were set
    -Removed the fingerprint unlock animation used on N10 Lite firmware because it was freezing the phone sometimes when unlocking
    -Pulled ANT+ APKs from T720 Q and re-added them to aroma
    -Merged A600FN Q kernel wifi changes
    -Fixed a problem with wifi channels 10-13 not being shown in wifi menu by using wifi blobs from T720 Q
    -Added some missing WiFi kernel options
    -Reduced WiFi wakelocks by tweaking its config files
    -Reduced wakelocks in general with multiple kernel patches
    -Switched to newer composer 2.2 service and pulled more HWC blobs from A720S Pie
    -Binderized some graphics services
    -Improved sound quality and noise cancellation
    -Reverted experimental mic changes from v2.0
    -Fixed a wrong UUID for an audio effect
    -Fixed a typo in the CSC script that caused issues on dual-SIM devices
    -Enabled CPU bandwidth control in kernel as it's expected to be enabled
    -Re-added bluetooth patch for lasting device pairings which I forgot to the v2.0 update
    -Added missing bdaddr path for bluetooth
    -Fixed some small under-the-hood errors
    -Removed Face Recognition from settings as it's unsupported
    -Gathered a bit more space by removing unneeded stuff and replacing some apps with smaller apks
    -Added AppLock to aroma
    -Enabled function key menu for Bixby

-Updated base ROM to N770FXXS7CTL1 (OneUI 2.5 from Galaxy Note10 Lite)
    -January security patch
    -Upstreamed the kernel to Linux 3.18.140 (thanks to @Option58)
    -Fixed changing volume in 3rd party apps (thanks to @ananjaser1211)
    -Fixed LiveFocus for rear camera
    -Fixed poor GPS signal
    -Fixed status bar icons being more centered than they should
    -Fixed button lights not being lit up when touching them
    -Fixed setting USB mode in notifications
    -Set device's fingerprint to G965F to bypass safetynet and show correct updates in Galaxy Store
    -Set 1.5GB SWAP/ZRAM space by default to improve overall performance
    -Switched back to Pie SSWAP blob due to Q one causing performance issues
    -Switched to A720S Pie power HAL for better power management
    -Enabled various vibration/haptic options in settings
    -Enabled high performance power mode in settings
    -Slightly boosted microphone for media
    -Switched to OMX from Galaxy S9 Q
    -Removed GoodLock from aroma due to region lock - Use patched GoodLock from corsicanu instead
    -Removed Honeyboard from aroma (already included in OneUI 2.5)
    -Removed ANT+ apps from aroma
    -Added 4G only network mode selection in aroma
    -Moved Flipboard to aroma
    -Moved Dictionary to aroma
    -Moved Bixby to aroma
    -Moved Edge Lighting to aroma
    -Edited the aroma splash "Rise-Q"-logo to match the logo of the XDA thread (and capitalized "Rise")

-Updated base ROM to november firmware (A750FNXXU5CTK1)
    -Switched to J600FN audio HAL
    -Fixed moving apps to sdcard in settings
    -Fixed torch brightness crashing SystemUI/Cameraserver
    -Disabled unsupported secure WiFi option in settings
    -Updated rated charging speeds for A5/A7
    -Dropped dummy CSC folder in system (use /system/odm/etc/omc respectively /system_root/odm/etc/omc)
    -Fixed large shutdown animation
    -Fully killed vaultkeeper service
    -Switched to original A750FN RIL
    -Fixed missing Vulkan support
    -WiFi should be improved
    -Fixed neon case support
    -Added back video editor APK
    -Fixed screen on/off animation
    -Corrected some wrong values in power profiles
    -Added missing XID (Indonesian) CSC from S9+ firmware
    -The "SIM card changed" bug should be fixed
    -Fixed a bug where no CSC or a random CSC would be selected
    -Moved to setting default CSC to DBT if users' previous CSC is not supported
    -Added configurable kernel wakelocks (Changeable through e.g. hkTweaks)
    -Added a HACK that should block more apps from detecting magisk root (e.g. banking apps)
    -Added white bootanimation option in aroma
    -Added Samsung Honeyboard keyboard from OneUI 2.1/2.5 in aroma
    -Made Game Tools/Launcher optional by adding it in aroma
    -Updated included bloat to latest firmware
    -Updated disclaimer in aroma
    -Added selectable CSC features in aroma
    -Added GoodLock manager app in aroma

-Initial release

Workarounds
    NOTE for those who want/need to restore EFS backups:
    I created a GitHub repository that contains a flashable zip template that will allow you to restore previous EFS backups.
    DON'T FLASH THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE SERIOUS ISSUES LIKE
    • corrupted EFS partition
    • IMEI or any other EFS information being broken
    I am NOT responsible for any damage that may happen to your device!
    GitHub repo: See here and follow the steps provided.

• ACG
    • ACR
    • AFG
    • AFR
    • ARO
    • ATO
    • ATT
    • AUT
    • BGL
    • BMC
    • BNG
    • BRI
    • BST
    • BWA
    • CAC
    • CAM
    • CAU
    • CCT
    • CHA
    • CHO
    • CHR
    • COO
    • DBT
    • DKR
    • ECT
    • EGY
    • EON
    • ESK
    • EUR
    • FMC
    • GCF
    • GLW
    • ILO
    • INS
    • ITV
    • KDO
    • KSA
    • KTC
    • LAO
    • LRA
    • LUC
    • LUX
    • MID
    • MTB
    • MWD
    • MXO
    • MYM
    • NEE
    • NPL
    • ORX
    • PAK
    • PEO
    • PHE
    • PHN
    • ROM
    • RWC
    • SEB
    • SEE
    • SEK
    • SKC
    • SKZ
    • SLK
    • SOL
    • SPC
    • SPR
    • TFN
    • THL
    • THR
    • TLS
    • TMB
    • TMK
    • TPA
    • TPH
    • TUN
    • TUR
    • USC
    • VMC
    • VMU
    • VTR
    • VZW
    • XAA
    • XAC
    • XAR
    • XAS
    • XEF
    • XEH
    • XEO
    • XEU
    • XEZ
    • XFE
    • XID
    • XME
    • XSG
    • XSP
    • XTC
    • XXV
    • ZTO
    • BTC
    • BTU
    • BVO
    • CEL
    • CPW
    • DOO
    • GLB
    • GTO
    • KOO
    • LYS
    • MAT
    • MM1
    • NZC
    • OPS
    • PCL
    • PTR
    • SER
    • SIN
    • SMA
    • SMP
    • STH
    • TEB
    • TEL
    • TKD
    • TMC
    • TNZ
    • UPO
    • UYO
    • VAU
    • VNZ
    • WTL
    • XFA
    • XNZ
    • XSA

• Boot into recovery, mount /system and delete /system/priv-app/CIDManager folder through the recovery's file manager. (Note that the path may be /system/system/priv-app/CIDManager depending on the recovery used)

• This mostly happens if you're rooted with Magisk because the system detects that you're rooted and denies DRM. To fix that, install this Magisk Module. Note that DRM will fall back to L3 which means that you won't be able to watch anything in HD.
    UPDATE
    Rise-Q v2.1 is here!

This is mainly a bugfix release, mostly small things (like removing the fingerprint unlock animation), but also some bigger ones. One of those fixes is Secure folder. I have finally been able to get it to work. To bypass issues with secure folder, I highly recommend to install Secure Folder only when doing a clean flash. I won't reply to bugreports from people who dirty flashed and have issues with it.
    Apart from that, I have seen multiple users report low media sound since v2.0. I compared the sound volume between v1.0, v1.1 and v2.0 and it sounded 100% identical for me. It may be an issue that comes from dirty flashing v2.0 on top of v1.1, so consider a clean flash first and tell me the exact steps to reproduce.

Finally, as always for a new update, I recommend wiping your system partition before installation to bypass possible issues.

Downloads
    Rise-Q v2.1: [07/03/2021]
    Google Drive | MEGA | Androidfilehost

MD5: 06bf79a0ebea01d23b3166369d75ab3c

Changelog
    -Fixed Secure Folder and made it an Aroma selection (You may need to enable it in Settings/QuickSettings first)
    -Switched to proper A720S hardware backed keystore and gatekeeper blobs
    -Patched SystemUI to get rid of the huge margin between the pin field and the bottom of the lockscreen when fingerprint + pin were set
    -Removed the fingerprint unlock animation used on N10 Lite firmware because it was freezing the phone sometimes when unlocking
    -Pulled ANT+ APKs from T720 Q and re-added them to aroma
    -Merged A600FN Q kernel wifi changes
    -Fixed a problem with wifi channels 10-13 not being shown in wifi menu by using wifi blobs from T720 Q
    -Added some missing WiFi kernel options
    -Reduced WiFi wakelocks by tweaking its config files
    -Reduced wakelocks in general with multiple kernel patches
    -Switched to newer composer 2.2 service and pulled more HWC blobs from A720S Pie
    -Binderized some graphics services
    -Improved sound quality and noise cancellation
    -Reverted experimental mic changes from v2.0
    -Fixed a wrong UUID for an audio effect
    -Fixed a typo in the CSC script that caused issues on dual-SIM devices
    -Enabled CPU bandwidth control in kernel as it's expected to be enabled
    -Re-added bluetooth patch for lasting device pairings which I forgot to the v2.0 update
    -Added missing bdaddr path for bluetooth
    -Fixed some small under-the-hood errors
    -Removed Face Recognition from settings as it's unsupported
    -Gathered a bit more space by removing unneeded stuff and replacing some apps with smaller apks
    -Added AppLock to aroma
    -Enabled function key menu for Bixby

NOTE
    Also, before reporting bugs, check workarounds in post #2 first.
    In addition, I will NOT accept bug reports from those who dirty flashed over previous releases.
    UPDATE
    Rise-Q v2.0 is here!

At first, I want to thank @ananjaser1211 for his fixes and of course for answering all my stupid questions. Also thanks to @Option58 for upstreaming our kernel to Linux 3.18.140. Finally, huge thanks to all testers on Telegram for even finding the tiniest bugs.
    As this release of Rise-Q is now based on OneUI 2.5 from Galaxy Note 10 Lite, dirty flashing it over Rise-Q v1.0 or v1.1 will in most cases not work! It is highly recommended to wipe /data in recovery before installing Rise-Q v2.0.
    You can find downloads and the changelog of this release down below.

Downloads
    Rise-Q v2.0: [04/10/2021]
    Google Drive | MEGA | Androidfilehost

MD5: 3a582bbff799bc792fee7e73fc9e0f6c

Changelog
    -Updated base ROM to N770FXXS7CTL1 (OneUI 2.5 from Galaxy Note10 Lite)
    -January security patch
    -Upstreamed the kernel to Linux 3.18.140 (thanks to @Option58)
    -Fixed changing volume in 3rd party apps (thanks to @ananjaser1211)
    -Fixed LiveFocus for rear camera
    -Fixed poor GPS signal
    -Fixed status bar icons being more centered than they should
    -Fixed button lights not being lit up when touching them
    -Fixed setting USB mode in notifications
    -Set device's fingerprint to G965F to bypass safetynet and show correct updates in Galaxy Store
    -Set 1.5GB SWAP/ZRAM space by default to improve overall performance
    -Switched back to Pie SSWAP blob due to Q one causing performance issues
    -Switched to A720S Pie power HAL for better power management
    -Enabled various vibration/haptic options in settings
    -Enabled high performance power mode in settings
    -Slightly boosted microphone for media
    -Switched to OMX from Galaxy S9 Q
    -Removed GoodLock from aroma due to region lock - Use patched GoodLock from corsicanu instead
    -Removed Honeyboard from aroma (already included in OneUI 2.5)
    -Removed ANT+ apps from aroma
    -Added 4G only network mode selection in aroma
    -Moved Flipboard to aroma
    -Moved Dictionary to aroma
    -Moved Bixby to aroma
    -Moved Edge Lighting to aroma
    -Edited the aroma splash "Rise-Q"-logo to match the logo of the XDA thread (and capitalized "Rise")

NOTE
    Also, before reporting bugs, check workarounds in post #2 first.
    In addition, I will NOT accept bug reports from those who dirty flashed over previous releases.
    GOD bless you MR.Simon1511;
    I hope to see android 11 ui3 for a520f Can I see?

TANX Dear Friend
    Im gonna say this for once so everyone knows about it:
    Do NOT expect a OneUI 3 port from me. In my opinion, the added value between OneUI 2.5 and OneUI 3 is too low for the amount of work this would probably need.
    Apart from that, there would be 2 major problems:
    1. HWC
    2. Samsung Camera

Our old Pie HWC has been working fine on Pie and Q, but on R Google decided to change HWC related stuff again which makes our Pie HWC incompatible to android 11. And yes, I know that HWC has been fixed on LineageOS 18 for our device, but the fix from there is likely not gonna work on OneUI. In short, this means for you: Broken HWC = very poor performance.
    Also samsung camera is gonna be a problem since all(?) newer samsung devices use a newer camera API that is simply incompatible to our "older" camera implementation.

Note that these are just a few big bugs we know about so far, but there would probably be even more that would make a ROM based on that pretty much unusable in my opinion.

So in conclusion: No OneUI 3 for our device(s).

Apart from that, I want to thank everyone once again for all the bugs you found and reported and all your thankfulness!