[ROM][10.0][OneUI-2.5][UNOFFICIAL][EOL]LineageOS-17.1 for samsung M51 - Final

Search This thread

LehKeda

Jan 26, 2014
My little cave
2okPze5.png

This ROM will not be getting more updates or support

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Disclaimer

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot to TWRP
  • Do a factory rest
  • Flash the latest build
  • Flash proximity sensor fix uninstaller (You only need to flash it if you flashed Proximity sensor fix before. check here)
  • Flash gapps (Optional; Open Gapps Nano Recommened)
  • Reboot
Downloads :
  1. TWRP
  2. LineageOS-17.1
  3. Proximity sensor fix uninstaller
  4. GAPPs
Known Issues:
  • VoLTE (samsung Volte support is not ported to AOSP Yet)
  • Proximity Sensor
  • SElinux is permissive
  • FM radio
  • did you find any?
Sources:
Device tree
Kernel tree

Credits:
dgattupalli - Initial build
Michael Benedict - For S10 light initial device tree

Version Information
ROM OS Version: Lineage 17.1​
Android Security Patch: 5th of February 2021​
Vendor Security Patch: 1st of November 2020​

Last edited:

LehKeda

Jan 26, 2014
My little cave
Change Log:
23rd of February 2021:

- Fix Bluetooth crashes when using Bluetooth audio devices
- Fix Bluetooth in-call audio
- Fix SELinux denials
- Fix screen recorder lag
- Enable LTE by default
- Disable proximity HAL for now

28th of January 2021:
-
Fix the problem if you flashed open gapps then flashed another ROM without flashing gapps, the new ROM won't boot unless you flash open gapps again
- Fix Offline charging
- Make audio as loud as the stock

8th of January 2021:
-
Fix double tap to wake
- Partially fix proximity sensor
- Add hide notch option (Settings > Advanced > Developer options > Display cutout > hide)

5th of January 2021:
-
Initial release

Last edited:

LehKeda

Jan 26, 2014
My little cave
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Last edited:
Reactions: freedmm

LehKeda

Jan 26, 2014
My little cave
F.A.Qs:

How to hide notch?

First, activate developer options by going to settings > about phone > click on build number 7 times
Second, Go to Settings > Advanced > Developer options > Scroll down until you find Display cutout then choose hide

Last edited:

LehKeda

Jan 26, 2014
My little cave
Some info about why I do stuff

Why do you need to flash proximity fix uninstaller?
Because if the screen gets turned off during a call, it won't turn back on until the call ends, in addition to that, it makes the phone stuck on black screen in other ROMs

Last edited:
Reactions: Rijanrijan

kry52

May 18, 2019
Download the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot to TWRP
  • Flash the latest build
  • Flash proximity sensor fix (You only need to flash it once or when coming from stock ROM)
  • Reboot
Do I need to wipe anything in recovery prior to the flashing procedure? Do I need to format data?

myghi63

Feb 7, 2020
There's some problems (the recorder and 4g problem don't happen with the lineage from dgattupalli):
the lineageos screen recorder make my system extremely slow (~20fps) while recording, the same happens with basically any other recorder. while on the original ROM from samsung, this does not happen.
also, the adaptative brightness does not work. (Now it does!)
bonus: if I use xposed, the lineageos screen recorder just crashes. every other screen recorder just works, but with that lag. (please ignore this! it was my fault: I was restricting the recorder to run as a background task. this kills the application).
relax: the logs are from my installation with open gapps nano and proximity fix, nothing more.

the hardware acceleration of the system seems to be working fine for recording videos with the camera, also for decoding on vlc. things get very slow while recording the screen.
also, the cellular network doesnt reach 4G, just H+. (i'm from brazil) (It was configured to 3G not 4G, please forget this, i'm sorry)

lineageOS version: 17.1 (January 8th, 2021)
lineageOS Download url: https://sourceforge.net/projects/sa...age-17.1-20210108-UNOFFICIAL-m51.zip/download
gapps version: open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20210122

am I using:
a task killer: no
a non-stock kernel: no
other modifications: just the proximity sensor fix

Attachments

• logcat-lineage-recorder.txt
    838.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

myghi63

Feb 7, 2020
Another problem: the proximity sensor partial fix blanks my screen, but never get it back. So I had to press all the 3 buttons at the same time to force rebooting the phone. (update: that's why the sensor's partially broken)
Why the sound of default screen recorder is so bad? (update: probably because the default sample rate of lineage is very low)

Last edited:

LehKeda

Jan 26, 2014
My little cave
There's some problems (the recorder and 4g problem don't happen with the lineage from dgattupalli):
the lineageos screen recorder make my system extremely slow (~20fps) while recording, the same happens with basically any other recorder. while on the original ROM from samsung, this does not happen.
also, the adaptative brightness does not work.
bonus: if I use xposed, the lineageos screen recorder just crashes. every other screen recorder just works, but with that lag. relax: the logs are from my installation with open gapps nano and proximity fix, nothing more.
the hardware acceleration of the system seems to be working fine for recording videos with the camera, also for decoding on vlc. things get very slow while recording the screen.
also, the cellular network doesnt reach 4G, just H+. (i'm from brazil)

lineageOS version: 17.1
lineageOS Download url: https://sourceforge.net/projects/sa...age-17.1-20210108-UNOFFICIAL-m51.zip/download
gapps version: open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20210122

am I using:
a task killer: no
a non-stock kernel: no
other modifications: just the proximity sensor fix

Another problem: the proximity sensor partial fix blanks my screen, but never get it back. So I had to press all the 3 buttons at the same time to force rebooting the phone
Why the sound of default screen recorder is so bad?

Proximity is partially broken. the screen doesn't turn back on until the call ends.
Adaptive brightness is working, but it takes a few seconds until it detects the light changes.
for the screen recorder, did this problem appear in the latest build or all the builds?
For network doesn't reach LTE make sure that in network settings that the preferred network type is LTE

Last edited:
Reactions: myghi63

kry52

May 18, 2019
Thank you for an update. The previous version caused random reboots even on a clean flashed phone, now I'll try to install a new one.

myghi63

Feb 7, 2020
Can someone tell me, is the parallel application feature (dual apps) available in this rom?
This is a probably a knox feature. So I coudn't find anything about it on my LineageOS installation, and if I go back to the stock rom, this feature + some stuff like samsung pay will not work anymore. (nope, it works! sorry. I thought this wouldn't work anymore, considering what I saw on wikipedia about knox).

Last edited:

myghi63

Feb 7, 2020
Proximity is partially broken. the screen doesn't turn back on until the call ends.
Adaptive brightness is working, but it takes a few seconds until it detects the light changes.
for the screen recorder, did this problem appear in the latest build or all the builds?
For network doesn't reach LTE make sure that in network settings that the preferred network type is LTE
I can confirm that the problem was happening on the build before january 28. I can't test the newest build now because I don't have an SD card or OTG cable to backup my current installation (well, my /data is encrypted too). If you really want me to test it, please reply and I'll do it. (I tested and the problem still there)
For now I'm using the another lineageOS rom, which has less updates than yours and it doesn't get that slow while recording the screen, just if I do some gpu-intensive task. https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-10-0-unofficial-lineage-17-1-for-galaxy-m51.4212531/ (Not anymore. Now i'm using your rom).
If you're able to test, please: open the recorder app, start recording the screen and do any normal task, while checking if the UI is running at about the same framerate as before. Also, does the microphone audio on the recording sound really bad too? (things get worse if you choose to show taps on the developer options)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

This ROM will not be getting more updates or support

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Disclaimer

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to TWRP
    • Do a factory rest
    • Flash the latest build
    • Flash proximity sensor fix uninstaller (You only need to flash it if you flashed Proximity sensor fix before. check here)
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    1. TWRP
    2. LineageOS-17.1
    3. Proximity sensor fix uninstaller
    4. GAPPs
    Known Issues:
    • VoLTE (samsung Volte support is not ported to AOSP Yet)
    • Proximity Sensor
    • SElinux is permissive
    • FM radio
    • did you find any?
    Sources:
    Device tree
    Kernel tree

Credits:
    dgattupalli - Initial build
    Michael Benedict - For S10 light initial device tree

Version Information
    ROM OS Version: Lineage 17.1​
    Android Security Patch: 5th of February 2021​
    Vendor Security Patch: 1st of November 2020​
    Change Log:
    23rd of February 2021:

- Fix Bluetooth crashes when using Bluetooth audio devices
    - Fix Bluetooth in-call audio
    - Fix SELinux denials
    - Fix screen recorder lag
    - Enable LTE by default
    - Disable proximity HAL for now

28th of January 2021:
    -
    Fix the problem if you flashed open gapps then flashed another ROM without flashing gapps, the new ROM won't boot unless you flash open gapps again
    - Fix Offline charging
    - Make audio as loud as the stock

8th of January 2021:
    -
    Fix double tap to wake
    - Partially fix proximity sensor
    - Add hide notch option (Settings > Advanced > Developer options > Display cutout > hide)

5th of January 2021:
    -
    Initial release
    I found a way to turn SELinux from "permissive" to "enforcing". It did not required any code modification, just configuration. I also noticed that the lowest frequency of both CPU and GPU was not the lowest that the chipset supports, which can decrease battery life without improving performance at all.
    The way I found to fix these problems was using an open-source tool called "hKtweaks": https://github.com/corsicanu/hKtweaks/releases/
    It does need root access (I'm using magisk for that). Open app -> Miscellaneous -> SELinux State -> Enforcing -> Apply on startup. The kernel already supports, it's just not enabled by default.
    To save power without affecting performance, go to CPU -> Minimal CPU frequency -> 300MHz (both big and little cpu). Do the same on GPU at 180MHz (at least on snapdragon 730, probably will be the same on 730G).
    I also set the CPU governator to "conservative", which can affect a little bit of performance in some scenarios, but also helps to save power.
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:
    I'm using this Rom, but for some reasons I want to back Samsung stock firmware. As you know the bootloader is unlocked, Is it possible flash it with odin or twrp? Help me please
    Download the stock firmware for your country from sammobile or any other website and flash it using odin then relock the bootloader by entering download mode then long press volum up button for 7 seconds then choose lock bootloader then reboot your device
    Note: you can find videos on YouTube for how to lock the bootloader and for flashing stock firmware for smasung devices