ROM][10.0] Pixel Experience [AOSP][OFFICIAL][2020/06/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Zaphirot

Feb 5, 2016
Buenos Aires
thank you very much for this incredible rom
I have been using it for 2 days and from the first start I had problems with the Bluetooth, which was solved with the fix found in this thread
The other problem was random reboots and blackouts with the phone in your pocket. I suppose it has problems with the proximity sensor

Last edited:

MrohanK

Jun 17, 2020
thank you very much for this incredible rom
I have been using it for 2 days and from the first start I had problems with the Bluetooth, which was solved with the fix found in this thread
The other problem was random reboots and blackouts with the phone in your pocket. I suppose it has problems with the proximity sensor

A walk-around which I found accidentally might help you as well: turn pocket detection and raise to check off. Then, change mobile network to one of the bands from auto. I'm not sure if the former is needed, but when I switched from auto to 3G, I didn't have black screen problems any more.

Addition: you needn't necessarily switch to 3G. It can be 2G or 4G as well. It is just switching from auto to something else.

CésarMorel

May 25, 2020
Bluetooth

Hi guys,
I've got a problem with the last version...
The bluetooth is not working !
Could you solve the problem please ?

Thanks for your work

antharr

Feb 1, 2008
A walk-around which I found accidentally might help you as well: turn pocket detection and raise to check off. Then, change mobile network to one of the bands from auto. I'm not sure if the former is needed, but when I switched from auto to 3G, I didn't have black screen problems any more.

Addition: you needn't necessarily switch to 3G. It can be 2G or 4G as well. It is just switching from auto to something else.

FYI. The blackouts when pulling phone from pocket was an issue with multiple ROMs. Disabling pocket detection did not work for everyone unfortunately. Some ROM devs have solved the issue in their latest build.

MrohanK

Jun 17, 2020
FYI. The blackouts when pulling phone from pocket was an issue with multiple ROMs. Disabling pocket detection did not work for everyone unfortunately. Some ROM devs have solved the issue in their latest build.

Well. Neither I said this is a ROM specific issue, nor I said that it is not solved with some other ROMs. I, also, didn't say that disabling pocket detection will work (and, on the contrary, my walk-around is totally different than that - which, surely, isn't an ultimate solution. I'd say "do this and you're done", while I only said that it worked for me - which implies that it ain't necessarily the solution and may not help with other devices).

Learn to think in advance before saying something. You don't have to say a thing always. If you feel that you do, then think first:

- what am I saying?
- is it relevant?
- is it a proper and logical reply to what is said?
- does it provide the answer/solution/walk-around to the issue at hand?

I'm really tired of such 12 years old responses. I just hope that you're a 12 year old and are trying to prove yourself "to the world". Been there, done that. But if not, well...

antharr

Feb 1, 2008
Well. Neither I said this is a ROM specific issue, nor I said that it is not solved with some other ROMs. I, also, didn't say that disabling pocket detection will work (and, on the contrary, my walk-around is totally different than that - which, surely, isn't an ultimate solution. I'd say "do this and you're done", while I only said that it worked for me - which implies that it ain't necessarily the solution and may not help with other devices).

Learn to think in advance before saying something. You don't have to say a thing always. If you feel that you do, then think first:

- what am I saying?
- is it relevant?
- is it a proper and logical reply to what is said?
- does it provide the answer/solution/walk-around to the issue at hand?

I'm really tired of such 12 years old responses. I just hope that you're a 12 year old and are trying to prove yourself "to the world". Been there, done that. But if not, well...

Dude. Calm down. I was just letting you know that I have experienced the same issue on multiple roms. I don't understand why you would take a offense to someone adding to the conversion explaining what other may find useful. I was just saying that pocket detection may not work in all cases. If I were exploring and looking to try this rom for the first time, I think that would be pertinent information. My response was not intended to be directed at you and assume that you are not well versed in experiment and flashing roms. There are people out there that aren't. The last thing I was trying to do was antagonize or offend you.

MrohanK

Jun 17, 2020
Dude. Calm down. I was just letting you know that I have experienced the same issue on multiple roms. I don't understand why you would take a offense to someone adding to the conversion explaining what other may find useful. I was just saying that pocket detection may not work in all cases. If I were exploring and looking to try this rom for the first time, I think that would be pertinent information. My response was not intended to be directed at you and assume that you are not well versed in experiment and flashing roms. There are people out there that aren't. The last thing I was trying to do was antagonize or offend you.

I should apologize in that case. It seems like I busted on you after being filled with all these. You know. "12 year Olds" out there.

Because it is the ROM's thread, I didn't add that. So, I may add a bit more, then - and probably apologize from you again. My bad.

PE, as I recall, is yet to be updated (and probably will happen soon). As I know, PA and crDroid have solved the issue - which implies that with the first update, it'll be solved with PE as well.

The issue, though, seem to be related to pocket detection. It doesn't solve the issue, which is right. Changing the mobile network worked, so I tend to believe that it is something related to the system itself - rather than the sensors working wrong. What it is though, is way beyond my knowledge.

I'd say, as long as one likes to stay within Google environment, PE is a good one to go. I somehow really felt like using a Pixel device. Yet later decided to decrease my "Google footprint" and changed to crDroid. Am still following the thread to see the news, and to maybe shift back someday.

And lastly, I maybe better apologize again, if need be, for being unfair. I don't like second guessing and seems I did it. My bad.

Reactions: arnabJ

antharr

Feb 1, 2008
I should apologize in that case. It seems like I busted on you after being filled with all these. You know. "12 year Olds" out there.

Because it is the ROM's thread, I didn't add that. So, I may add a bit more, then - and probably apologize from you again. My bad.

PE, as I recall, is yet to be updated (and probably will happen soon). As I know, PA and crDroid have solved the issue - which implies that with the first update, it'll be solved with PE as well.

The issue, though, seem to be related to pocket detection. It doesn't solve the issue, which is right. Changing the mobile network worked, so I tend to believe that it is something related to the system itself - rather than the sensors working wrong. What it is though, is way beyond my knowledge.

I'd say, as long as one likes to stay within Google environment, PE is a good one to go. I somehow really felt like using a Pixel device. Yet later decided to decrease my "Google footprint" and changed to crDroid. Am still following the thread to see the news, and to maybe shift back someday.

And lastly, I maybe better apologize again, if need be, for being unfair. I don't like second guessing and seems I did it. My bad.

It's not a problem. Maybe it is the way I phrased my response and I too apologize if that hit you the wrong way. I am sure the issue will be addressed in the new build. I first discovered the black screen issue at the worst time. I was on a 3 week long on-call with work. I had to scramble to find a work around and nothing worked. I ended up flashing older version of Havoc to get me by until I came off call. It is really an odd issue. Some folks found that disabling things like disabling BT, pocket detection, and as you stated......changing mobile networks.

Reactions: arnabJ

santi00_52

Aug 6, 2014
Roblox don't work. Alarm don't wake up telephone.

Hello from Spain and sorry for my English.
I'm using this rom for three days and is really smoothly. But I found some issues very important for me.
Roblox app don't work, andAlarm don't wake up telephone if is off, before with xiaomi.eu, was well, but have too lag. I would like follow using this rom. Any solution for this bugs?

Sorry if is already treath in this forum, I can't read all . Is very difficult for me read in English.

Thanks

ilyadud

Mar 30, 2013
Barnaul
Hello, Shreejoy Dash! Of course, your ROM is awesome, but there is a problem: NFC doesn't work on Redmi Note 8T. Somebody tells about incompatibility with ro.boot.hwversion 19.39.0. I don't know anything about that. NFC icon is gray, so I can't turn it on. I use last TWRP (3.4.0-1) and Pixel Experience Plus (18-06-2020). Everything works nice except NFC. Note: I checked build.prop and see "ginkgo" everywhere, not "willow". Is it normal?
Can you please provide some fix? Thank you very much!

afiqmutaz

Aug 13, 2020
Bandar Seri Begawan
Hey, I'm having the same problem, everytime I record a video it extends it to like an hours for some reason. I found the Permissiver zip file on telegram but inception 5.1 is no where to be found. Not sure if I joined the correct telegram group. Any way you can help me download inception zip?

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

Flash inception 5.1 followed by Permissiver in recovery. You can grab both from the Telegram support group

Hey, I'm having the same problem, everytime I record a video it extends it to like an hours for some reason. I found the Permissiver zip file on telegram but inception 5.1 is no where to be found. Not sure if I joined the correct telegram group. Any way you can help me download inception zip?

I'm sorry for my recent post, I made this account just to post this reply so I wasn't familiar with the posting ethics. Let me reiterate my message properly with quotation.

Spudsicles

Oct 20, 2010
BC
New builds are up on https://download.pixelexperience.org/ginkgo
incremental updates included too
Find the changelogs on the second post of the OP
Also, buglist updated.
Big thx to billaids for making this update possible.

[EDITED]
BLUETOOTH FIX :- https://download.shreejoy.tech/BT-fix-for-PE-20190618.zip

FLASH AS NORMAL ZIP AFTER FLASHING ROM .....

Anyone get this message while flashing?

mount: Failed to mount /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system at /system_root: Device or resource busy script succeeded: result was [/system_root]

Flashed after the latest 10+ build and now my phone freezes or turns off periodically, while in use and not in use.

vetal_xxx

Jan 5, 2011
Same for me, installed ROM, but the Bluetooth keep force close. Any ideas how to fix on 8T ?
Thanks!

UPDATE:
Works fine after applying patch - BLUETOOTH FIX . see posts above.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 8/8T [ginkgo/willow]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    FMRadio [REMOVED FULLY]

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

Download from Pixel Experience website
    Redmi Note 8/8T

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pixel Experience | Ginkgo, ROM for the Redmi Note 8

Contributors
    Shreejoy Dash
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 10.0
    Stable Release Date: 2020-01-04

Created 2020-01-03
    Last Updated 2020-06-18
    Changelogs:-

17 February 2020 {willow + ginkgo}
    Device changelogs:-
    Code:
    *  Inline latest global firmware into the builds, no need to re-flash them.
    *  Added Mi sound enhancer (Dirac)
    *  Included new live wallpapers app from Pixel 4 and fixed possible wallpaper lags.
    *  Updated build fingerprint from coral January patch.
    *  Used 4GB dalvik-heap-config 
    *  Import tunables  from coral
    *  Audio improvements
    *  Updated missing se-policy
    *  Fixed NFC and updated configs for willow (may need reboot)
    *  Updated scheduler settings and cpusets
    ROM changelogs:-
    Code:
    * Merged February security patch
    * Updated most stuffs and improved performances.
    * For more updates follow https;//t.me/PixelExperience
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    16 May2020 {unified} {plus edition}
    Code:
    * Built with proton clang
    * Disabled google sound recorder
    * Removed mi sound enhancer 
    * Unify willow and ginkgo
    * Fixed screen recorder
    * Use Pixel Power hal and powerstats 
    * Updated build fingerprint
    * All changes from trinket-devs organization
    Code:
    check blog.pixelexperience.org for source change updates
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    18 June 2020 {unified} {normal + plus edition}
    Code:
    * Fix offline charging and Pixel charger animation
    * Drop FM completely
    * Fixed camera
    * Google sound recorder fixed
    * Pixel power hal and power stats added
    * Cleanups and improvements
    Code:
    check blog.pixelexperience.org for source change updates
    New update:-

For Redmi Note 8/8T {UNIFIED}

Changelogs:- https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=81378883&postcount=2

Notes:- https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=81378887&postcount=3

Downloads
    https://download.pixelexperience.or...e_Plus_ginkgo-10.0-20200515-1757-OFFICIAL.zip
    https://download.pixelexperience.or...rience_ginkgo-10.0-20200515-1857-OFFICIAL.zip

I am sorry for being so late with update. I will try to maintain the proper flow of updates from this month. Thanks for understanding.

Hit the thanks button
    Hello guys, thread is open now. And i hope new build will come with february patch but before that I would request everyone to have patience within them, As personally for me, I come from Xiaomi Redmi 5 (rosy) so comparing ginkgo to rosy things are very much different. So to be honest it will take me some time to adapt to this device and help with some contributions also due to college and various projects I am having less time to catch things but I will again request everyone to wait for things run properly.
    Reserved

Extra:-

How to flash:-
    Code:
    * Go to twrp
    * Wipe all except Internal storage
    * Flash PE ROM
    * Format data ( FORMAT not wipe )
    * Reboot
    (No need to flash any firmware it will be inlines)

How to take logs:-
    Code:
    * Here is the full guide on how to take logs => [URL="https://github.com/nathanchance/Android-Tools/blob/master/Guides/Proper_Bug_Reporting.txt"]Click here[/URL]
    * Then fill up this template => [URL="https://telegra.ph/Log-template-02-17"]Click here[/URL]
    * If the proper format is found then the developer will go though it and help you out.

Contributors:-
    Code:
    * Revanth Tolety 
    * Ghostrider_reborn
    * Abhinav Gupta
    * nullby
    * pqhaz
    * Rohan Hasaber
    * RK
    * markakash
    * subinsmani
    * Henrique Pereira