[ROM][10.0] Pixel Experience [AOSP][OFFICIAL][2020/12/23]

Search This thread

captainderpy

Jan 2, 2016
Caracas
Yup, he's doing something but I still find it odd that a dev of an official ROM would upload work without updates. If he doesn't have the time then hand it over to someone who does.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

No, it's mainly because Gcam is a Pixel exclusive and not open source, at best it can be hacked to somewhat work on other devices. There is no reason to use it other than some people crying about how great photos on the Pixel 5 are but guess what, it's not because of the camera app. MIUI cam is just as good, just use that or Opencam or any of the million others out there that all work fine.

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

While true as a dev for an *OFFICIAL* ROM you do take on some responsibilities and if you can't handle it you should just hand it over to someone else who can.

What you are saying is absolutely true for anyone else which is why I usually don't do official anythings (that and users have to be able to know how to create swap files or partitions in Linux to use my work).

Your point is valid, but there's the catch, developers, as stated before, have a life and are free to keep working on a device or stop and go to another , that's how it works since the first custom ROM, if Manolo drops this one and mantainership becomes available, then somebody will apply and resume developing the ROM, easy as that.

There are more ROMs here so it's not the end of the world, have some patience and keep going, demanding devs something they're doing for free and most of the time in their spare time is pretty rude imo, but well, have a good day/night.

MichaelMay

Nov 15, 2020
Your point is valid, but there's the catch, developers, as stated before, have a life and are free to keep working on a device or stop and go to another , that's how it works since the first custom ROM, if Manolo drops this one and mantainership becomes available, then somebody will apply and resume developing the ROM, easy as that.

There are more ROMs here so it's not the end of the world, have some patience and keep going, demanding devs something they're doing for free and most of the time in their spare time is pretty rude imo, but well, have a good day/night.

Again, if I release something unofficial then it's on my own time and you get to shut up about it, use it or don't.

If I'm an official dev then I DO have some responsibilities because I'm blocking anyone else from being an official dev, I have to take users into account which is WHY official devs commonly just leave the project if they don't have the time and hand it over to someone that does. If he doesn't want to do that he's simply blocking development and THAT is rude.

I really don't care, as I said I'm building my own anyway but it's sad to see inactive devs holding up progress because they don't want to let go.

Also "there are more ROM's"? Well there won't be if the official devs just stop developing and still block anyone else from stepping in, there won't be any updates to any ROM's if that is done. This ROM is by far the cleanest and most bug free ROM out there when it's done properly (and done properly doesn't mean that you have to make up for the devs obvious mistakes and flash other kernels or edit build.props to get it working properly, it should work properly as is before released as "stable" and it doesn't).

So there is all of that, there is nothing to it, either do what you promised the ROM dev (which is jhenrique) that you'd do or leave it up to someone else to do it.

nokiae

Dec 17, 2020
Bought a note 8 a few days ago, somehow having problem with front camera with the error below
Code:
camera providermanager: ishiddenphysicalcamera: wrong device version 304 for hiddenphysicalcameraid 1

demil7

Apr 26, 2010
Some people have been talking poorly about this ROM, but on my Note 8 (gingko) I've tried many others and this is the only one where the noise cancellation works, where the other party doesn't hear an echo on WhatsApp or Duo calls. Not sure if it's because of the SixTeen kernel or the ROM itself. Has anyone else noticed that this is the only ROM without an echo problem?

MichaelMay

Nov 15, 2020
Some people have been talking poorly about this ROM, but on my Note 8 (gingko) I've tried many others and this is the only one where the noise cancellation works, where the other party doesn't hear an echo on WhatsApp or Duo calls. Not sure if it's because of the SixTeen kernel or the ROM itself. Has anyone else noticed that this is the only ROM without an echo problem?

The main problem is that it's abandoned and there was no attempt by the dev to fix anything initially either.

I dislike when a dev is taking on the responsibilities of being an official maintainer and then not releasing nor responding to anything while at the same time blocking others from taking over.

Either **** or get off the pot.

MichaelMay

Nov 15, 2020

BTW, I did have that problem initially but solved it by implementing fixes from LineageOS (same as in the device tree for PE by Manolo).

I prefer to compile my own because I have some hangups and like to use improvements from various sources along with my own.

demil7

Apr 26, 2010
BTW, I did have that problem initially but solved it by implementing fixes from LineageOS (same as in the device tree for PE by Manolo).

I prefer to compile my own because I have some hangups and like to use improvements from various sources along with my own.

Sorry if you've gone through this multiple times with others, but how do I fix the echo/noise cancellation problem? It's the main reason I'm glued to this ROM. I can't stand it when the other party can hear their own echo. Can you ELI5?

MichaelMay

Nov 15, 2020
Sorry if you've gone through this multiple times with others, but how do I fix the echo/noise cancellation problem? It's the main reason I'm glued to this ROM. I can't stand it when the other party can hear their own echo. Can you ELI5?

You can manually edit the files through adb shell and vi if you'd like or you can just copy it over, set permissions and you're done.

I'll build 11 later on but at this point I can't justify even getting testers for it so I'll just run it in an emulator. It's not ready, not a single one of them are ready no matter what anyone has to say on the matter.

flako72

Jan 30, 2016
Greetings friends, first of all thanks for the work you do, I wanted to tell you that I have installed your rom and I find that the fingerprint does not work is the only problem so far I only have about six hours to install it and I would like to know if it happens to someone else same. 🤔 🤔

Last edited:

dark-basic

Dec 13, 2016
Encarnación
github.com
Greetings friends, first of all thanks for the work you do, I wanted to tell you that I have installed your rom and I find that the fingerprint does not work is the only problem so far I only have about six hours to install it and I would like to know if it happens to someone else same. 🤔 🤔

I have been using it for 4 days and my fingerprint works, except for some other app that does not detect it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 8/8T [Ginkgo/Willow]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Again, if I release something unofficial then it's on my own time and you get to shut up about it, use it or don't.

If I'm an official dev then I DO have some responsibilities because I'm blocking anyone else from being an official dev, I have to take users into account which is WHY official devs commonly just leave the project if they don't have the time and hand it over to someone that does. If he doesn't want to do that he's simply blocking development and THAT is rude.

I really don't care, as I said I'm building my own anyway but it's sad to see inactive devs holding up progress because they don't want to let go.

Also "there are more ROM's"? Well there won't be if the official devs just stop developing and still block anyone else from stepping in, there won't be any updates to any ROM's if that is done. This ROM is by far the cleanest and most bug free ROM out there when it's done properly (and done properly doesn't mean that you have to make up for the devs obvious mistakes and flash other kernels or edit build.props to get it working properly, it should work properly as is before released as "stable" and it doesn't).

So there is all of that, there is nothing to it, either do what you promised the ROM dev (which is jhenrique) that you'd do or leave it up to someone else to do it.
    Maybe switch your kernel

I found this Kernel : SixTeen•Kernel•Q•Ginkgo•Willow•14102020•1.zip
    Do you have a tuto for change this one ?

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Maybe switch your kernel

I try to install Inception Kernel and Sixteen Kenel with teamwin and do not work... Should i root my phone ?
    I going to sell my RN8.... I'm done with this phone and thus Roms.... Only Los is still Perfect for this device (no 48mpx)
    Rest is a one day/man show....

Ok, just sell it. That's something that cares only to you but I'm going to tell you something: remember that you are not paying for development. Devs are free to stop, continue or delegate the development of their Roms when they want and we, users, have to respect that.

If you don't like that, that's up to you but it's very mean to devs when a person complains in the way you do.

Btw, I'm using custom ROMs since mi first Android: an htc magic, so I know the value of what devs do and I don't find right to complain for something that you are receiving completely free.
    Thank you for your work
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone