• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10.0][PLATINA] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2020/03/15]

Search This thread

nysascape

Jan 24, 2016

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for MI 8 Lite [Platina]

What is this?
Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0

Whats working?
Wifi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FMRadio
Fingerprint reader
NFC
Lights
Sound / vibration

Known issues
Nothing yet
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][10.0][PLATINA] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2020/03/15], ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite

Contributors
nysadev
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stable

Version Information

Created 2020-03-15
Last Updated 2020-03-15

Axident1973

Sep 22, 2012
Zruč nad Sázavou
Hi. So, my experience after 12 hours of using: ROM is very smooth and nice, good for daily use! Default camera is not GCam, but cam2api is default enable. I am using MGC_7.3.018_Parrot043 GCam port, after few hours some bugs, but after restart working good, but i must set HDR factor on Low. I don't like default Google Launcher, but Poco is fine for me.
Battery drain is bigger than MIUI, of course, but usable.
I flashed 10.3.2. miui fw and then Pixel and then Magisk (Magisk better after restart to Recovery (OrangeFox Recovery is best in my opinion) again).
Yes, good ROM, thank you very much.

jet_blk90

Nov 25, 2014
OnePlus 7T
Do you use firmware from this link?
http://bit.ly/3aZcMYD
Yea

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Hi. So, my experience after 12 hours of using: ROM is very smooth and nice, good for daily use! Default camera is not GCam, but cam2api is default enable. I am using MGC_7.3.018_Parrot043 GCam port, after few hours some bugs, but after restart working good, but i must set HDR factor on Low. I don't like default Google Launcher, but Poco is fine for me.
I flashed 10.3.2. miui fw and then Pixel and then Magisk (Magisk better after restart to Recovery (OrangeFox Recovery is best in my opinion) again).

Im running the same setup as you. It's running smooth. One problem I have is usually when I'm sending snapchats i get a *sending msgs notification * at the top. I've never gotten this with any other rom. Msgs tend to be sending late. Other than that I don't have any major problems

Axident1973

Sep 22, 2012
Zruč nad Sázavou
Yea

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Im running the same setup as you. It's running smooth. One problem I have is usually when I'm sending snapchats i get a *sending msgs notification * at the top. I've never gotten this with any other rom. Msgs tend to be sending late. Other than that I don't have any major problems

Oh, sorry, I have zero experience with snapchat :/

ThorWithIQOver9000

Oct 10, 2018
bug report

hi there, i want to report a possible bug. i was recently installed this rom successfully. but when i intall viper4android module in magisk it turned out couldn't load the boot animation, stucked at mi logo. fortunately i backed it up before. but when i restored it, i was successfully reach lock screen, but then it immediately repeat the google logo boot. it repeat endlessly until i have to reinstall the rom and setting from scratches again. thanks

alxsduarte

Feb 24, 2014
Pelotas/RS
hi there, i want to report a possible bug. i was recently installed this rom successfully. but when i intall viper4android module in magisk it turned out couldn't load the boot animation, stucked at mi logo. fortunately i backed it up before. but when i restored it, i was successfully reach lock screen, but then it immediately repeat the google logo boot. it repeat endlessly until i have to reinstall the rom and setting from scratches again. thanks

Until I know, Viper4Android don't work in Android 10.
So, the problem is not in this ROM.

jet_blk90

Nov 25, 2014
OnePlus 7T

For the parrot gcam which phones did you set the front and rear camera to be on.? The default is rear: pixel 4 xl and front is on nexus 6p

Axident1973

Sep 22, 2012
Zruč nad Sázavou
For the parrot gcam which phones did you set the front and rear camera to be on.? The default is rear: pixel 4 xl and front is on nexus 6p
I have issues with GCam yet. Sometimes ok, sometimes freeze on processing HDR, if i shoot one picture, ok, but when more in one moment, processing freeze and I must force Gcam stop :(
I welcome some ideas on set too.

Reactions: rbveiga

cango123

Sep 16, 2012
Karlsruhe
I have issues with GCam yet. Sometimes ok, sometimes freeze on processing HDR, if i shoot one picture, ok, but when more in one moment, processing freeze and I must force Gcam stop :(
I welcome some ideas on set too.

I have the same issues

Install this version: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1024/
Download and copy the attached config.xml to Internal Storage/ConfigsCamera7 and import the settings by double tapping the black area around shutter

Attachments

• config.xml
    7.3 KB · Views: 318
Reactions: rbveiga

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GtwTyCR.png

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

Donate

Translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

[ROM][10.0][PLATINA] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2020/03/15], ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite

Contributors
    nysadev

Version Information

Created 2020-03-15
    Last Updated 2020-03-15
    I am using 20200322-0156 build and it is working well, do you have suggestion on how to move the clock to the left of the notch in the status bar? I know it's a strange request but I was used to have it in the left side
    Really thank you for your job

Setting - system - status bar - clock position

What is this?

Based on Android 10.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

Donate

Translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Android OS version: 10.0.0_r27
    Security patch level: February 2020
    Build author/Device Maintainer:nysascape
    Device Source code:https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices
    Source code:https://github.com/PixelExperience
    ROM Developer:jhenrique09

Contributors
    nysadev

Version Information

Created 2020-03-15
    Last Updated 2020-03-15

For those who are looking for a good GCAM. I created a .XML and ill share the apk...

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1-1UQy6XnDrlHQWcqG0pfBuD1_4kmkG96

Download both files, install the apk, copy the XML to configs folder ir the GCam, if that folder doesnt show up in file explorer, then open GCam go to settings and look for advanced settings, look for save xml (sth like that) create a XML with a random name and now look for Google Camera Folder on internal storage , go to configs and paste the XML i shared, then open the GCam and double touch in black space and Select the XML file and your GCam will be ready and setted up.
    HI, bro. Hope u can help me out. I'd like to flash this rom but I have some doubts... Im on MIUI GLOBAL 11.0.8 (Android 9), I unlocked my bootloader and i have flashed Orange Fox Recovery with DM VERITY.zip and Magisk for GCam.

What do I have to do? Some people say I have to flash MIUI 10 firmware, i just flash it and thats it or do i have to uninstall Magisk and some other things? thank u in advanced.
    My phone was running MIUI 11.0.8, And I've flashed Pixel Experience without any problems.
    you must wait,i will flash it tonight, after that i will share how it is working. hi.