• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [10.0] Project Sakura 2.Q [OFFICIAL] | GAPPS INCLUDED

Search This thread

LazySam

Dec 14, 2011
Home
Many thanks to the developper, so far so good, great rom, fast and smooth.
I've read that the Spen features don't work. Is there a way, nevertheless, to use the Spen to write text in emails/SMS etc through an app/workaround?
Sorry if asked before and keep up the good work.

Install google keyboard and enable writing mode. And then use Spen for writing on the keyboard.
You should find it while adding languages and their keyboards.

themis37

Jun 29, 2016
Many thanks for your reply.
I'm facing another issue that has to do with Android auto ,which I can't get it to work. Let me clarify that it worked flawlessly with the old stock rom (pie,rooted).
I have the impression that it has to do with USB settings but for some reason whatever I tried it just seems to fail.

Things tried so far:

- android auto install/ uninstall /reinstall/ clear cache
- Android auto screens install /uninstall/ reinstall/ clear cache
- usb debugging enable /disable
- using the same USB cable with which Android auto functioned without problem witg the old rom. Tried another USB cable without success, therefore the problem is not cable related

When I plug in the USB cable in the phone and connect to car, I press on USB settings from the notification panel and whatever option I choose it just returns to the last option "no file transfer". Not sure whether this rom contains an option under Android developer options which would solve this issue. I went through all all USB related options in developer options and couldn't find anything related. Even if I choose USB file transfer in usb settings, tge same thing happens whenever I plug in the usb cable to the car.

Any help would be much appreciated ,thank you very much.

zooq

Jun 11, 2008
Sepang
Hi I'm on Sakura 2.Q 20200714 and received OTA to update to version AUG 9 after download completed press ok to reboot to recovery twrp but no installation.What or which file do I supposed to flash.I checked no installation files in my drive.TQ

zdarkstranger

Nov 19, 2013
salmiya
Hi, thanks for all your hard work, I have two SIM cards, both have 4G, but I cannot change between them it's really messing up the phone every time I try, I have to remove one SIM activate the other SIM to 4G, then only it changes, and network is quite week, it get off in the lift, before I didn't have this network issue, can you fix this please or any suggestions are welcome. I am NRI not living in India.

hkalman

Nov 21, 2008
Good work, thanks a lot.

This ROM is very fast, I like that, but I also have some problems too:
- Android Auto doesn't works for me, couldn't connect to my car
- I can't override "show my number" option. When I select that option what I would like to use this setting change back to provider's settings.
- Samsung Gear Wearable say: "The operating system on your phone has been modified in an unauthorized way..."
- I need to find S Pen app instead of Samsung Notes. :)

ROM version: ProjectSakura-GAPPS-2.Q-20200809-1514-greatlte-OFFICIAL.zip

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2015
How to remap Bixby button?

How to make google assistant, hey google work?

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

How to remap Bixby button?

How to make Google Assistant hey google voice recognition work without opening Google Assistant app?

oguh

Nov 26, 2008
Lisboa
First of all I want to thank you for the excellent work!

I have a problem with this rom, and all the custom roms that I tested on my phone, every time i'm using the phone the battery drains very fast and the original charger can't get enough power to charge the phone, it can only charge if i'm not using the phone, this is a normal thing on custom roms or I'm doing somthing wrong?

Sorry for my bad english, and I hope that you understand the problem.

Thank you

qane

May 11, 2016
First of all I want to thank you for the excellent work!

I have a problem with this rom, and all the custom roms that I tested on my phone, every time i'm using the phone the battery drains very fast and the original charger can't get enough power to charge the phone, it can only charge if i'm not using the phone, this is a normal thing on custom roms or I'm doing somthing wrong?

Sorry for my bad english, and I hope that you understand the problem.

Thank you

Did you change the build.prop with the magisk module MagiskHide Props Config (maybe to use the Samsung Wearable app) ?
Changing those made my phone a toaster, with the battery draining fast as well. Had to go back to stock, so I am unable to use my watch properly.

oguh

Nov 26, 2008
Lisboa
Did you change the build.prop with the magisk module MagiskHide Props Config (maybe to use the Samsung Wearable app) ?
Changing those made my phone a toaster, with the battery draining fast as well. Had to go back to stock, so I am unable to use my watch properly.

In my case, I didn't need to change nothing, it become a toaster right from the start!

Thank you for your help.

ChaoticNarcotic

Sep 27, 2020
Can't allow special app access

It's been like 12 hours since I've downloaded this ROM, and I am having trouble enabling and disabling special app access. It started when I wanted to grant F-Droid permission to download apps and I literally could not press the switch to enable it. Similarly to every single special app access option in the settings. It shows the switch not grayed out just in the off-stage and I can't press it literally does nothing when I do.

eatout

May 6, 2010
Hi guys

I am trying to flash this ROM and got the error message:
updater process ended with Error: 7

Is there a way to fix this? Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

3n4NiPo.jpg

About US:
    Project Sakura is a custom ROM built around Lineage OS 17.1, It tries to remain true to it while also providing some more functionality and UI changes.

DISCLAIMER
    Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels. 
     * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."

FLASHING PROCEDURE

CLEAN FLASH :
    Download the Build you want to flash.
    Reboot to recovery
    Take Backup (Not Necessary)
    Wipe System, Data, Cache , Dalvik
    Flash the latest build.
    Reboot

DIRTY FLASH :
    Download the latest build
    Reboot to recovery
    Flash the latest build and GApps(Not needed if you are flashing GAPPS build)
    Wipe Cache
    Reboot

Note : GApps only has to be flashed once whereas Magisk is to be flashed every time you Dirty Flash the ROM.

THP9Hz3.jpg

Download ROM:PROJECT SAKURA

CREDITS

Lineage OS
    AOSP
    Superior OS
    AOSiP
    DerpFest
    Pixel Experience
    Extended UI
    Havoc OS
    CrDroid ROM

Important Links

Donate to ROM Maintainer
    Paypal

g9ZtCTS.jpg

SOURCES

Project Sakura Source

JLMzUXY.jpg

Telegram Group

REPORTING BUGS!
    As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!
    for more READ THIS

Thanks to
    @Stricted, @Vaughnn - for the device tree
    @remilia15 - fixing bugs,etc (a lot)

Device: dreamlte,dream2lte
    Maintainer: Haridhayal
    Build Type: OFFICIAL
    Kernel Source: universal8895

XDA:DevDB Information
    Project Sakura for greatlte, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)

Contributors
    Haridhayal
    ROM OS Version: Android 10

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2020-06-01
    Stable Release Date: 2020-06-01

Created 2020-06-01
    Last Updated 2020-09-13
    Changelog for 2020/06/01

- Switched to RZ kernel.
    - Gapps Included by default. (Dont flash Gapps)
    - Rounded Corners Fix.
    - Reverted Camera Patches. ( Better Gcam support )
    - OTA wont be available for this build as there are major changes. Clean Flash is necessary. (Use backup apps like Migrate or Swift Backup. ) DO NOT DIRTY FLASH.
    Hello,
    I flashed the rom and so far i love it!
    I only faced one perblem using Zoom trying to share scree, my phone screen wnet black and than rebooted. (I havnt tried sharing again)
    another issue is that even though I select "Show Panel on left" under Buttons in System, the volume panel shows still on the right. Also is there a way to hange the default volume button action to ringtone rahter than media?

Is there any way to get S-pen fetures? (i really miss having them)
    or are you working on a way to add them?

Thank you for the great rom.
    (apologise if already asked before)
    Its nice to see new custom rom for our beloved note 8 but there are no download link for note 8 (only s8 and s8+).