• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [10.0] Project Sakura 2.Q [OFFICIAL] | GAPPS INCLUDED

Search This thread

eatout

May 6, 2010
Yes, I am
And I tried to wipe everyting before installing the ROM. I have tired few Android 10 Om and all got the same error message. But it's working fine on Android 9 ROM

ahub1988

Sep 10, 2010
Sukkur
1. Is it me or there is problem with proximity sensor, it blacksnout screen but doesn't show screen while away from proximity, I have to press power button to lock the screen and use fingerprint to unlock to work while on call.

2. How to disable overlapping calls, like when calling on WhatsApp the phone also rings if some one calls on mobile network, and vice versa

BugraGry

Feb 2, 2015
1. Is it me or there is problem with proximity sensor, it blacksnout screen but doesn't show screen while away from proximity, I have to press power button to lock the screen and use fingerprint to unlock to work while on call.

2. How to disable overlapping calls, like when calling on WhatsApp the phone also rings if some one calls on mobile network, and vice versa

Answer to 2nd question: Be asocial like me so you don't need to take phone calls.

vidic17

Apr 17, 2015
Did anyone manage to get Google pay to work?
I tried to hide it with magisk and hide magisk and it still doesn't work

thanhqqn

Apr 21, 2011
the external speaker is quite small and there is no dual speaker system

First of all thank you to rom project sakura developer, I am very pleased that everything rom is very smooth but the external speaker is quite small and there is no dual speaker system. Hope the developer to add more mod in the next version :):):):):):):)

adrienschmitz

Oct 1, 2016
Tramandaí
My problems with this ROM (maybe every android 10 Rom for Note 8)

SafetyNet didn't pass on Magiska
I can' t use my Debit card in Google Pay (Was working in HadesRom)
I miss 2x zoom from Samsung Camera
There is a Sakura config where you can block a lot of things in Lock screen, but a thief still can swipe down the notification panel and put the phone in airplane mode, or turn off Wifi

It is possible that I just don't known how to do some of this things

But the Rom is incredible. Fast, Smoot, beautfiful. Thanks so much for your great work, guys

Obout SafetNet:

Here are the steps –

1. First, go to the Google Play Store & download “Termux” which is an Android terminal emulator and Linux environment app.
  2. Next, open Magisk Manager & from the left side menu, select the “Downloads” option.
  3. There, you need to Install two Magisk Modules – Busybox for Android NDK & MagiskHide Props Config
  4. You can either Install one Module & then reboot and then Install the other, or Install One, go back, install the second, and then reboot. Both will work.
  5. Once the phone reboots, now we need to do one final thing which is the most important step. Before moving to the next step, just check if both the modules are shown as installed or not in Magisk Manager.
  6. Open the Termux app & then type “su” and press Enter. This will grant Superuser Rights to the app.
  7. Next, type “props” & press Enter. You will see a lot of options & numbers in front of them to choose from.
  8. You need to choose the option that says “Edit Device Fingerprint”. It should be the Number “1” but just double check it on your device.
  9. Enter that Number & press Enter.
  10. Again, you’ll see some options & from there, choose the one that says “Pick a certified fingerprint”. This time, instead of numbers, you will see letters in front of each option like “f”, “v”, “s”, “b” etc. Enter the letter in front of the option (Pick a Certified Fingerprint) & press Enter.
  11. Now, you’ll see a long list of various Smartphone companies so from here, you need to choose your phone’s company. For Example, if your phone is the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1, choose “Asus”. Here also, you need to type the number in front of the company name & then press Enter. [Samsung -> 26]
  12. Now, it’ll show you various devices from that company. If your device is there in the list, you’re good to go. Otherwise, you’re not lucky so you will have to wait for some other method.
  13. Select the number in front of your Phone’s name & then press Enter. [Galaxy Note 8 -> 36]
  14. Finally, it will ask if you want to continue. If you have followed everything above & selected the right options, write “y” & press Enter.
  15. Finally, press “y” to reboot your device & press Enter. Now, your phone will reboot.
source: https://droidholic.com/fix-cts-profile-mismatch-errors/

Last edited:

vidic17

Apr 17, 2015
My problems with this ROM (maybe every android 10 Rom for Note 8)

SafetyNet didn't pass on Magiska
I can' t use my Debit card in Google Pay (Was working in HadesRom)
I miss 2x zoom from Samsung Camera
There is a Sakura config where you can block a lot of things in Lock screen, but a thief still can swipe down the notification panel and put the phone in airplane mode, or turn off Wifi

It is possible that I just don't known how to do some of this things

But the Rom is incredible. Fast, Smoot, beautfiful. Thanks so much for your great work, guys

There's videos online to help you pass the safety net but even after I got that working Google pay still doesn't work.

Oct 25, 2020
Hi. i am using this Rom on my S8 exynos variant. UI was unresponsive suddenly while i was using.After 5 min i decided to turn the screen off and on in hopes of getting it back up.turns out to be a very bad idea
Please help me find a solution to this problem. Thanks in advance guys

vidic17

Apr 17, 2015
Hi. i am using this Rom on my S8 exynos variant. UI was unresponsive suddenly while i was using.After 5 min i decided to turn the screen off and on in hopes of getting it back up.turns out to be a very bad idea
Please help me find a solution to this problem. Thanks in advance guys

Hold power button Bixby and volume down to reset the phone

adrienschmitz

Oct 1, 2016
Tramandaí
If anyone is looking for a good and stable Gcam for this rom, I recommend:
I'm using it without any config file

I have a question. The only thing that is not working for me now is "Ok Google". If I active the assistant button or gesture, it works fine, but no response if call it by voice

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

3n4NiPo.jpg

About US:
    Project Sakura is a custom ROM built around Lineage OS 17.1, It tries to remain true to it while also providing some more functionality and UI changes.

DISCLAIMER
    Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels. 
     * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."

FLASHING PROCEDURE

CLEAN FLASH :
    Download the Build you want to flash.
    Reboot to recovery
    Take Backup (Not Necessary)
    Wipe System, Data, Cache , Dalvik
    Flash the latest build.
    Reboot

DIRTY FLASH :
    Download the latest build
    Reboot to recovery
    Flash the latest build and GApps(Not needed if you are flashing GAPPS build)
    Wipe Cache
    Reboot

Note : GApps only has to be flashed once whereas Magisk is to be flashed every time you Dirty Flash the ROM.

THP9Hz3.jpg

Download ROM:PROJECT SAKURA

CREDITS

Lineage OS
    AOSP
    Superior OS
    AOSiP
    DerpFest
    Pixel Experience
    Extended UI
    Havoc OS
    CrDroid ROM

Important Links

Donate to ROM Maintainer
    Paypal

g9ZtCTS.jpg

SOURCES

Project Sakura Source

JLMzUXY.jpg

Telegram Group

REPORTING BUGS!
    As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!
    for more READ THIS

Thanks to
    @Stricted, @Vaughnn - for the device tree
    @remilia15 - fixing bugs,etc (a lot)

Device: dreamlte,dream2lte
    Maintainer: Haridhayal
    Build Type: OFFICIAL
    Kernel Source: universal8895

XDA:DevDB Information
    Project Sakura for greatlte, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)

Contributors
    Haridhayal
    ROM OS Version: Android 10

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2020-06-01
    Stable Release Date: 2020-06-01

Created 2020-06-01
    Last Updated 2020-09-13
    Changelog for 2020/06/01

- Switched to RZ kernel.
    - Gapps Included by default. (Dont flash Gapps)
    - Rounded Corners Fix.
    - Reverted Camera Patches. ( Better Gcam support )
    - OTA wont be available for this build as there are major changes. Clean Flash is necessary. (Use backup apps like Migrate or Swift Backup. ) DO NOT DIRTY FLASH.
    Hello,
    I flashed the rom and so far i love it!
    I only faced one perblem using Zoom trying to share scree, my phone screen wnet black and than rebooted. (I havnt tried sharing again)
    another issue is that even though I select "Show Panel on left" under Buttons in System, the volume panel shows still on the right. Also is there a way to hange the default volume button action to ringtone rahter than media?

Is there any way to get S-pen fetures? (i really miss having them)
    or are you working on a way to add them?

Thank you for the great rom.
    (apologise if already asked before)
    Its nice to see new custom rom for our beloved note 8 but there are no download link for note 8 (only s8 and s8+).