nathsagar96

Sep 2, 2016
Mumbai
OnePlus One
Redmi K20 Pro

Subho1999

Sep 17, 2014
Hi,
sorry for asking, but what is OSS? I received my K20 pro a few days back and flashed PE+ on top of MIUI latest global stable v12.0.3.0. Was I supposed to flash OSS vendor as well as I just unlocked BL, flashed TWRP, formatted data, wiped System, Cache/Dalvik, Data and flashed PE+
Though I am not facing any issue or any bug, but I was wondering if I was supposed to flash OOS vendor zip (not sure what it is) and where do I get it? Thank you in advance.

I read this in a different thread, that helped me understand the different vendors available for K20 Pro:
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=83828261&postcount=44

As far as I understand, if the ROM is OSS vendor, then the vendor will be included with the ROM.

Last edited:

imatesi

Dec 7, 2012
Prague
If I decide to try a custom kernel on PE+, is it possible to go back to built-in kernel later?
Before flashing new kernel make a backup of "Boot" partition in custom recovery. Restore it to revert any changes. Btw yesterday I tried IMMENSiTY kernel and it's awesome - faster and more accurate FP scanner and also battery life seems better to me.

miketirakis

Nov 4, 2008
I was on Pixel Experience plus a few builds ago. Everything was working great. After some stupid flashes in recovery i ended up screwing my data partition and reverted back to miui global with fastboot miflash. Today i did a clean flash of Pixel Experience latest build, 28/10/2020, not the plus edition, the normal one. Full clean flash, with latest firmware and vendor flashed, and everything is working great except one thing. Google play system update is stuck on September 1 2019. It has a red icon next to it, and even if i manually check for updates it says already updated, and never finds a new version. I remember on my previous Plus build from 10/10/2020 after a manual update and a reboot it downloaded the latest play update. Is the update is disabled in the non plus version? Do i miss some anything if i stay on September 1 2019 update? Google play store seems to work correctly.

Amr Zaher

Sep 28, 2018
I was on Pixel Experience plus a few builds ago. Everything was working great. After some stupid flashes in recovery i ended up screwing my data partition and reverted back to miui global with fastboot miflash. Today i did a clean flash of Pixel Experience latest build, 28/10/2020, not the plus edition, the normal one. Full clean flash, with latest firmware and vendor flashed, and everything is working great except one thing. Google play system update is stuck on September 1 2019. It has a red icon next to it, and even if i manually check for updates it says already updated, and never finds a new version. I remember on my previous Plus build from 10/10/2020 after a manual update and a reboot it downloaded the latest play update. Is the update is disabled in the non plus version? Do i miss some anything if i stay on September 1 2019 update? Google play store seems to work correctly.
Could you please check again?
I think it's sep 1 2020 not 2019.

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

If I decide to try a custom kernel on PE+, is it possible to go back to built-in kernel later?
Yes, you easily can. Just make a backup of your current boot.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Btw yesterday I tried IMMENSiTY kernel and it's awesome - faster and more accurate FP scanner and also battery life seems better to me.[/QUOTE]
??

bonczas

Jul 8, 2010
Warsaw
Redmi K20 Pro
Hi, I flashed PE+ yesterday and everything works great except autobrightness, in general it is too bright constantly. Lockscreen is always maxed. Is there any solution for this ?

Saswata Chakraborty

Jan 6, 2018
City Of Joy
Google Pixel 7a
Hi, I flashed PE+ yesterday and everything works great except autobrightness, in general it is too bright constantly. Lockscreen is always maxed. Is there any solution for this ?

I'm also using PE+ and auto brightness is working great on this ROM (better than MIUI). You need to adjust auto brightness according to your preference for a couple of days and then it will adapt to your preference automatically (it has adaptive brightness feature).

Drockk_Xm

Feb 21, 2012
Dhaka
bug found
i applied saturation level (live display/pic adjustment) but after few hours its automatic reset the default value
rom: PE+ latest build

estate

Oct 2, 2007
What difference have pe standard and pe+ ?
Thanks in advance :)

Inviato dal mio Mi 9T Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

bonczas

Jul 8, 2010
Warsaw
Redmi K20 Pro
I'm also using PE+ and auto brightness is working great on this ROM (better than MIUI). You need to adjust auto brightness according to your preference for a couple of days and then it will adapt to your preference automatically (it has adaptive brightness feature).

Thanks for information, after 1 day it started to act well except for the lockscreen which is always maxed out.

Saswata Chakraborty

Jan 6, 2018
City Of Joy
Google Pixel 7a
Thanks for information, after 1 day it started to act well except for the lockscreen which is always maxed out.

I'm not sure why you are experiencing this bug, but trust me, auto brightness is working perfectly fine on lockscreen for me. I am not sure if you need to do a clean flash. I got my device probably 15 days ago and my first PE+ built was October 10 (the last one). This might be an issue carry forwarded from a previous built. Everything is working fine for me without any issue or bug. The only thing I don't lile is the slow and unpredictable fingerprint response. But I know it's not specific to this ROM only.

---------- Post added at 07:37 ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 ----------

What difference have pe standard and pe+ ?
Thanks in advance :)

Inviato dal mio Mi 9T Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

You get a few additional customisation (status bar mainly) on PE+
But note that even PE+ doesn't have the level of customisation like RR, AEX or Havoc. If you want a ROM with smooth performance and minimum customisation, you can try PE+ and the basis PE is just for thise who do not care about customisation and just want Pixel like experience. I'm not sure if there's any other difference between the two.

Mdroid2xplore

Sep 10, 2017
Bangalore
Google Play System Update Issue

Hi Folks,

My Google Play system update is not working. I'm currently on and I've always used pixel experience plus; previously the Google Play system update was working fine but not now. I had to clean flash this time as I had to get rid off audio mods. Since then it's not working.

Am I missing something?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201103-222724716.jpg
    Screenshot_20201103-222724716.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 420

9IRICK

Sep 23, 2019
Hi Folks,

My Google Play system update is not working. I'm currently on and I've always used pixel experience plus; previously the Google Play system update was working fine but not now. I had to clean flash this time as I had to get rid off audio mods. Since then it's not working.

Am I missing something?

I have the same

baby Luna

Jul 18, 2020
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts