• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. To discuss, report bugs and other issues, use this thread.

[ROM][10.0]Rebellion-OS 1.9 [TULIP][OFFICIAL][StarWars][06/06/2020]

nshorty

Feb 26, 2020

About US:
Rebellion-OS is an AOSP Based Custom ROM with Customisations ,Pix3l Stuffs & Goodies

CLEAN FLASH :
Reboot to recovery
Take Backup (Not Necessary)
Wipe System, Data, Cache , Dalvik
Flash the latest build
Flash Gapps
Reboot

DIRTY FLASH :
Download the latest build
Reboot to recovery
Wipe Cache
Flash latest build
Flash Gapps
Reboot
[/I]​

STATUSBAR:

Statusbar icons.

Traffic indicators.

4G Icon Instead of LTE.

VoLTE icon toggle.

Clock Customisations.

Battery Customisations.

Battery Bar customisations.

THEMES & UI:

Accents.

Fonts.

Dashboard conditions.

Other UI Stuffs.

AMBIENT DISPLAY:

Always ON display.

Always ON on charging.

Lift to check.

Handwave.

Pocket.

Ambient display brightness.

Navigation Bar:

Navbar invert layout.

QUICK SETTINGS:

QS brightness slider position.

QS Layout settings.

QS System info.

LOCKSCREEN:

Charging info.

Fingerprint Authentication Vibration.

Unlock keystore with fingerprint after reboot.

Lockscreen Weather.

Lockscreen visualizer.

Lockscreen media art and Blur customisation.

BUTTONS:

H/W keys customisation.

H/W buttons backlight customisations.

Volume key cursor control.

Volume rocker wake.

POWER MENU:[/B

Power menu customisations.

NOTIFICATIONS:

Headsup Customisations.

Incall Vibrations.

Battery light customization.

Notifications light customization.

GESTURES:

3 Fingers screenshot.

MISC:

Wake on plug.

ANIMATIONS

Scroll Animations.

Others.

BATTERY

Smart pixles.

Agressive Battery.

Lots more to come soon!..Stay Tuned!!!

Download ROM:Here

Rebellion-OS Core Team
AOSP
Lineage OS
PixelExperience
AospExtended
Syberia OS
Nitrogen OS
Pixys OS

Advaith Bhat
Himanshu Namdev
Aryanata Andi
Spaceslayer​

Telegram Group
Telegram Channel

REPORTING BUGS!
As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!​

Device: Redmi Note 6 Pro
Maintainer: nshorty
Build Type: Rebelized

Contributors:
Source Code: Rebellion-OS

ROM OS Version: 10.0.x
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Stable Version: StarWars_
SELinux Status:
Stable Release Date: 2020-04-19

Created 2020-04-22
Last Updated 2020-06-06

Last edited:

AnyR3

Aug 27, 2016
Gothenburg
Interesting, will give it a go on my girlfriends Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro, neither of us are too heavy into star wars, but our mutual friend says "Do it for the force!", so here we go, I´ll keep yall updated! :D

Reactions: nshorty

nshorty

Feb 26, 2020
New update!

Device changelog:
-Tulip: keylayout: Map Button Jack to fix headset button controls
-Set Gcam Go as default camera
-Add smart charging overlay
-Updated power profile from stock
-Kernel: OC display refresh rate to 65Hz (tested)
-Other fix and improvements
-OTA supported

Link on first post!

Reactions: DJ.Kurrare

[email protected]

Sep 18, 2017
New update!

Device changelog:
-OTA supported

Link on first post!
so i wonder due to the oc of 65H refresh rate there will be battery drain issue??

AnyR3

Aug 27, 2016
Gothenburg
Regarding display OC, troubleshooting & gcam port.

so i wonder due to the oc of 65H refresh rate there will be battery drain issue??
New update!

Device changelog:
-OTA supported

Link on first post!
Im curious too regarding the display OC, as someone who was part of the modding community of korean monitors way back when IPS/PLS panels wouldnt go beyond 60hz on even desktops, this isnt exactly a matter of if its working or not, but also if its ACTUALLY working. You need to do several ghost tests and see if you are losing any frames etc. Not to mention that you probably are pushing higher pixelclocks then intended, this can put alot of constraint and generate more heat of several components and will damage the display/components in the long run. If you or someone else more educated can chime in with their 2 cents or simple correct me if Im wrong, I´d appreciate it.
May I ask if this is a mod taken from something more established around the forum, preferably from a Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro (Tulip) project? If someone has proven it in the past with success, I would be less skeptical if there is any longterm tests/users of this out there

As far as the rom goes, I unlocked the bootloader, flashed twrp via fastboot, bypassed the forced encrypt after some trial and error and I did a complete clean wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik, which was all successful, no errors) and after booting for awhile after the kernel bootsplash (aka showing the OS bootanimation, which is really sleek btw! :good:), It kicked me back to the recovery instead of booting into the OS...

I tried the exact same steps for Havoc OS from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-6-pro/development/rom-havoc-os-v3-0-t4000939 and it worked like a charm. Am I missing something here, should I have done something differently or might it be something on the development end?

Im reluctant to flash your new version until I get some more information regarding the display OC, but Im down to doing a backup since havoc works just fine and try again once someone has eased my mind. (Also: If it was my phone and not my gf, I would have just gone for it, Im a tinkerer at heart and I´d love to contribute to your project, but since my girlfriend is very dependent on her phone working, I´ll have to take a step back this time. :p

Btw, Its great to see Gcam Go as default camera among the changes, but may I purpose to atleast try it head to head against onFire´s 7.2.011 gcam apk from here: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-onfire/ (Fire_2nd_form_7.2.011.apk) and maybe implement that as default if the results is good? We took it for a workout yday and It works great from our testing. You can read more about it in this article: https://www.cyanogenmods.org/redmi-note-6-pro-gcam-7-2-60x-zoom/

Keep up the development & may the force be with you!

Last edited:

nshorty

Feb 26, 2020
Im curious too regarding the display OC, as someone who was part of the modding community of korean monitors way back when IPS/PLS panels wouldnt go beyond 60hz on even desktops, this isnt exactly a matter of if its working or not, but also if its ACTUALLY working. You need to do several ghost tests and see if you are losing any frames etc. Not to mention that you probably are pushing higher pixelclocks then intended, this can put alot of constraint and generate more heat of several components and will damage the display/components in the long run. If you or someone else more educated can chime in with their 2 cents or simple correct me if Im wrong, I´d appreciate it.
May I ask if this is a mod taken from something more established around the forum, preferably from a Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro (Tulip) project? If someone has proven it in the past with success, I would be less skeptical if there is any longterm tests/users of this out there

As far as the rom goes, I unlocked the bootloader, flashed twrp via fastboot, bypassed the forced encrypt after some trial and error and I did a complete clean wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik, which was all successful, no errors) and after booting for awhile after the kernel bootsplash (aka showing the OS bootanimation, which is really sleek btw! :good:), It kicked me back to the recovery instead of booting into the OS...

I tried the exact same steps for Havoc OS from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-6-pro/development/rom-havoc-os-v3-0-t4000939 and it worked like a charm. Am I missing something here, should I have done something differently or might it be something on the development end?

Im reluctant to flash your new version until I get some more information regarding the display OC, but Im down to doing a backup since havoc works just fine and try again once someone has eased my mind. (Also: If it was my phone and not my gf, I would have just gone for it, Im a tinkerer at heart and I´d love to contribute to your project, but since my girlfriend is very dependent on her phone working, I´ll have to take a step back this time. :p

Btw, Its great to see Gcam Go as default camera among the changes, but may I purpose to atleast try it head to head against onFire´s 7.2.011 gcam apk from here: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-onfire/ (Fire_2nd_form_7.2.011.apk) and maybe implement that as default if the results is good? We took it for a workout yday and It works great from our testing. You can read more about it in this article: https://www.cyanogenmods.org/redmi-note-6-pro-gcam-7-2-60x-zoom/

Keep up the development & may the force be with you!
Hey bro!
Regarding display OC, it's a kernel tweak. It won't cause any heat. It never happened to me :)

It's strange that it kicked you back to the recovery. You followed the right steps. Can I ask to you which gapps did you flash with ROM?

AnyR3

Aug 27, 2016
Gothenburg
Hey bro!
Regarding display OC, it's a kernel tweak. It won't cause any heat. It never happened to me :)

It's strange that it kicked you back to the recovery. You followed the right steps. Can I ask to you which gapps did you flash with ROM?
Not to be rude, but that's like saying that hanging off a cliff won't cause any harm because it has not happened to you. Also, that's exactly my point, its a kernel tweak, its the core of the operating system, It´s where you do most of the low-level communication to tell the hardware what to do, so it's actually a terrible argument. I stand by my previous statements.

Well, for your rom, it clearly says that gapps are built in so I didnt flash any. For havoc I flashed the latest opengapps for arm64 and android 10 (micro).

nshorty

Feb 26, 2020
Not to be rude, but that's like saying that hanging off a cliff won't cause any harm because it has not happened to you. Also, that's exactly my point, its a kernel tweak, its the core of the operating system, It´s where you do most of the low-level communication to tell the hardware what to do, so it's actually a terrible argument. I stand by my previous statements.

Well, for your rom, it clearly says that gapps are built in so I didnt flash any. For havoc I flashed the latest opengapps for arm64 and android 10 (micro).
I'm sorry for my answers. I said that never happened to me. Also many users are using this rom and they didn't report any issue to me. They say that's so smooth, doesn't heat and doesn't drain battery. That's why I said this.
By the way, I'll remove this feature on next build, because most people are worried and I understand all of them.

Regarding the gapps, it was a mistake on thread. Mostly, I use telegram to communicate with people, and there I said that I won't build the ROM with inbuilt gapps. For XDA, I took a thread, I copied and modified it, but this lines (gapps inbuilt) escaped me. My fault!
Anyway, this shouldn't cause problem on booting. That's strange that it kicked you to recovery.

AnyR3

Aug 27, 2016
Gothenburg
I'm sorry for my answers. I said that never happened to me. Also many users are using this rom and they didn't report any issue to me. They say that's so smooth, doesn't heat and doesn't drain battery. That's why I said this.
By the way, I'll remove this feature on next build, because most people are worried and I understand all of them.

Regarding the gapps, it was a mistake on thread. Mostly, I use telegram to communicate with people, and there I said that I won't build the ROM with inbuilt gapps. For XDA, I took a thread, I copied and modified it, but this lines (gapps inbuilt) escaped me. My fault!
Anyway, this shouldn't cause problem on booting. That's strange that it kicked you to recovery.
So are you refering to this specific rom or the rom you built it on? Because I dont see any credits linked to it and also if thats the case, what have you exactly added/what is it based upon and whats your goal with this rom, simple a star wars theme or something else? Afterall, you posted this on XDA, so telegram is irrelavant to me.

To begin with make your thread from scratch is my advice or based on your own templates, Im not saying not take inspiration from other threads, but litterally dont copy and paste features that dont even exist...

Btw, Use xda's rule #12 spirit: If you are developing something that is based on someones work, ask them for permission and/or give them credit.

Also, this goes without saying, if you dont really know what you are doing, just leave it out preferably. I´ll try to flash it again when next update comes along :)

Take care!

nshorty

Feb 26, 2020
Sorry for delay. I had network issues in these days.
A new update is here.

Device changelogs:
- Kernel upstreamed to .220
- Fixed hotspot
- Fixed Night Light
- Revert back to 60Hz display

Link on first post.

Reactions: DJ.Kurrare

nshorty

Feb 26, 2020
A new update of RebellionOS is there.

Source changelog:
• May Security Patch
• Removed Face unlock.
• Improved Network Traffic.
• Improved Partial Screenshot.
• Completely Fixed Statusbar clock & Carrier Fonts.
• Added Bluetooth Battery status Toggle.
• Added User selectable Network Traffic Fonts.
• Added Statusbar & Expanded Statusbar weather.
• Added QS Header Image Height offset.
• Added IAmARebel Tag in QS Footer.
• Added QS Footer text editor.
• Added QS Blur, Intensity, Alpha.
• Added QS Rows customisations.
• Added Long swipe Actions.
• Added Navbar pill size options.
• Added Powermenu Background Filters.
• Added Powermenu menu Dialog Transparency.
• Added On-The-Go mode.
• Added Option to hide Lock icon is Lockscreen.
• Added Date styles.
• Added Option to center the Text clock.
• Added Lockscreen notification counts.
• Added FPS info tile.
• Added few QS Tiles.
• Added Breathing Notifications.
• Added Statusbar Notification Ticker.
• Added Lockscreen charging bolt.
• Added Blink flashlight for calls.
• Added Round power menu Animations.
• Added ADB Over network Tile.
• Added Option to Change device Host name.
• Added Sensor block per package.
• Added Signature Spoofing.
• Added Alarms, wakelock blocker.
• Added Doze & Time in state.
• Added Screen shot type.
• Added Long screen shot from Asus.
• Added Toast icon colors.
• Added options to hide settings dashboard conditions.
• Added Volume dialog on left Toggle.
• Added Volume dialog timeout.
• Added Extend Volume panel.
• Added Gaming mode.
• Added Screen Stabilization.
• Added Full screen gesture.
• Added Option to Hide Gesture Arrow.
• Added Panel for Data & Bluetooth.
• Added Screen Recording.

Device changelog:
• Switch to FBE(rebased to latest Los Device tree)
• Adjust status bar padding
• Include MiuiCamera as stock cam

For switch to FBE you need to format data once. Here it's the install instructions:
https://telegra.ph/How-to-install-FBE-roms-05-26

nshorty

Feb 26, 2020
A new update of RebellionOS is there. Enjoy v1.9.

Rebellion-OS v1.9 Changelogs:

• June Security Patch.

• Source Improvements.

• FOD Improvements.

• Fixed Text Clock Fonts.

• Added Switch Styles.

• Added QS header Styles.

• Added Custom Theming with Rebellion(Transparent) theme.

• Added QS Themes & QS icon Tint Toggle.

• Added Noisy notification Toggle.

• Added R Style Notification Toggle.

• Added OnePlus FOD Animations.

• Added Touch HIDL Support & Touch gestures.

• Added Toggle to turn off Swipe gestures vibration haptics.

• Added L-swipe gestures.

• Added Toggle for privacy indicators.

• Added OOS Clear all Notifications.

• Added QS data usage info Toggle.

• Added Legacy App scaling.

• Added 1 QS Row in landscape Mode.

• Added App select side bar.

• Added Gestures Anywhere.

• Added Minimal-Abstract header images.

Device Changelogs:

• Kernel Clarity upstreamed to .226

• Update to Coral's June fingerprint