[ROM][10.0][sailfish] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2020/12/22]

Search This thread

robinpotter

Oct 3, 2019
Why nobody replies! Its not hard, if anyone uses this rom he can easily reply! I just wanted to know if in pixel 1 (sailfish) pixel experience rom has working Astrophotography mode. And if google photos unlimited backup remains or not. But it seems i'll not be getting my answer :(

yosabrine

Jul 25, 2020
I'm having an endless problem with Pixel Experience Plus. At first I thought it was just a problem with camera 2 (it was just disabled ???), but trying to fix it I saw that the ROM bricked my moto x4. I can't install TWRP, no matter what I do, it always gives an error and Recovery Nativo doesn't install zip files either. I don't really know what to do.

sandipkumar

Apr 24, 2018
Yes unlimited backup worked for me too. Excited with this rom, been using for a week.

My only concern is a third party app LastPass which sometimes freezes 5-10 seconds during auto fill

CLPose

Jan 7, 2015
Buenos Aires
Can anyone tell me how to instal this rom from the beginning step?

Hi! Make sure you're on latest official Google firmware. Remove any pattern/pin/whatever lock. Boot to TWRP (don't flash). Wipe everything but internal storage. Flash this ROM (no GApps needed, since they are included in this ROM). Reboot and wait for initial screen. If you want Magisk, flash it after first boot. Enjoy! If I'm wrong, please, add any missing step. Good luck!

Reactions: Juma212

jambonX

Aug 14, 2020
I've rooted several phones in the past and installed custom ROMs on several phones, but I can't seem to figure out how to root this ROM.

I've been able to root the stock ROM an Q, but I haven't been able to root this ROM. Can anyone help?

I've been able to install this ROM using fastboot to twrp, but I can't root it. I either get a bootloop or no root. Can someone help? I think a working combination of the following would help.
Magisk.zip (which version?)
TWRP.img (which version?)
TWRP.zip (which version?)

Another problem I have is that I can't get TWRP to stick. I always have to fastboot into twrp. Some help on that would be appreciated as well.

I rooted the current stock ROM by booting into boot.img, running magisk to patch, then flashing the patched magisk_boot.img. Can I do the same here? If so, how do I extract the boot.img?

Thanks.

EDIT:
Figured it out myself...mostly.

Reflashed stock firmware <-- I think this is really important!!
Added the following to the phone:
Pixel Experience ROM
Magisk 20.4.zip
Magisk 7.5.1 apk

fastboot boot twrp 3.2.3-1-sailfish.img
install Pixel Experience ROM
boot once
fastboot boot twrp 3.2.3-1-sailfish.img
flashed magisk 20.4.zip

Last edited:

hairycheez

Aug 2, 2011
Google Pixel 5
I've rooted several phones in the past and installed custom ROMs on several phones, but I can't seem to figure out how to root this ROM.

I've been able to root the stock ROM an Q, but I haven't been able to root this ROM. Can anyone help?

I've been able to install this ROM using fastboot to twrp, but I can't root it. I either get a bootloop or no root. Can someone help? I think a working combination of the following would help.
Magisk.zip (which version?)
TWRP.img (which version?)
TWRP.zip (which version?)

Another problem I have is that I can't get TWRP to stick. I always have to fastboot into twrp. Some help on that would be appreciated as well.

I rooted the current stock ROM by booting into boot.img, running magisk to patch, then flashing the patched magisk_boot.img. Can I do the same here? If so, how do I extract the boot.img?

Thanks.

Doing a factory reset from TWRP or the built in recovery after flashing magisk.zip should fix bootloop.

Also, you can backup the boot partition using the TWRP backup feature. Although the backup won't have the .img extension, Magisk
Manager can still patch it.

And TWRP is too big to fit on boot ramdisk for our pixels with Android 10 roms. It's a long known issue. Can still use fastboot to boot in to TWRP just fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Google Pixel [sailfish]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
    PixelExperience 10, ROM for the Google Pixel

Contributors
    PixelBoot
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-04-23
    Last Updated 2020-08-15
    August Update

Changelog:
    • August Security Patch
    • Animated Always On Display Transition

Download via OTA Updater
    Peripherals

TWRP Recovery: TWRP
    PixelExperience - Google Pixel Telegram Group: Join
    December Update
    Final PixelExperience 10 update

Changelog:
    • December Security Patch
    • Translations updated.

Download via OTA Updater
    Why nobody replies! Its not hard, if anyone uses this rom he can easily reply! I just wanted to know if in pixel 1 (sailfish) pixel experience rom has working Astrophotography mode. And if google photos unlimited backup remains or not. But it seems i'll not be getting my answer :(
    Unlimited backup remains, astro I don't know.

Cheers