[ROM][10.0][UNOFFICIAL] CarbonROM | 8.0 [RMX1931/CN]

Search This thread

arunassain

Jun 17, 2015
chennai
https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FuEOpi-liznvlPGPLK3S0PQiNxsM%3D%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252FuK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

Disclaimer:

This is an unofficial release and is prone to changes that may/may not reflect in the future official release.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! These builds are experimental and can contain Bugs (as listed above). Make sure to do backups.

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.
5) Please keep bugreports to this thread or Discord. Do NOT create a Jira ticket. This is still in early development so we don't accept any bugreports yet.

Download ROM
Twrp
Firmware,vendor(thanks to jerry)

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:
Have an unlocked bootloader, and custom recovery installed/booted
(Not gonna be explained here, there'll be threads in this forum somewhere)
Reboot to recovery
Make sure your device is with RealmeUI firmware
Flash ROM zip
Flash Gapps
Format data (don't report anything bugs if you dirty flashed over another ROM)

I can't thank @karthick111 & @phhusson enough for their contribution on realme X2 Pro device.
Also thanks to @Sathish, @4j17h and tester @Nuaman​

Device specific features:
* DC dimming (flicker free feature). check Settings -> Realme Settings
* SRGB Mode Check Settings -> Realme Settings
* Game mode (touch boost). check Settings -> Realme Settings
* Toggle for display hz (auto, forced 90hz). check Settings -> Realme Settings
* Ambient gestures (Pickup, handwave & pocket). check Settings -> Display -> Lockscreen display -> Ambient display

KNOWN ISSUES:
you tell if you found it.

kernel source

XDA:DevDB Information
Carbon, ROM for the Realme X2 Pro

Contributors
arunassain
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: C28

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2020-07-18

Created 2020-07-18
Last Updated 2020-09-19

Last edited:

omnislice

Apr 29, 2020
WOW thank you for releasing another option for us CN ROM users. Though I just install and checking LOS (Latest) after I check this will try this next as seeing that this is tagged as STABLE. and also waiting for other users to test and see. Kudos!

Last edited:

nattanarcilla

Jul 18, 2014
makati
Thanks for the smooth and stable stock Android experience.. Great job!

Only thing missing is face unlock. Can't find it in the settings. Not a big deal for me. ?

Last edited:

or965

Mar 2, 2013
Hello, Does CarbonROM has LiveDisplay like lineageos has ?(Change the white point of the display )

nattanarcilla

Jul 18, 2014
makati
I can't add outlook account. App keeps force closing.

Edit: It works after I restart the phone

Last edited:

Uqbar

Aug 17, 2009
Regnum Utriusque Siciliæ
Silly question?

I couldn't find up to date information on the main web site about the features and the enhancements of this ROM.
I need also to know whether it is based on other ROMs (besides the AOSP by Google).

Thanks in advance.

nattanarcilla

Jul 18, 2014
makati
I'm having random reboot and some apps force closing from time to time.. Don't know what is causing this issue. Anyone having the same problem?

omnislice

Apr 29, 2020
Here is my 1 Week Review of the ROM:

Everything Works , except entire camera like RUI. FP works, I got my Banking App work unlike LOS with Magisk (20.3).

There are some slight issues: sorry I dont know how to send logcat or even to have it.
Random Reboots - turning Mobile Data + GPS 2 times already same scenario using a Food App. Also Changing Mobile Network Type. (There is a lot of options: I use LTE/TDSCDMA/GSM/WCDMA here in Philippines) Also got a random reboot testing all of the network type. Maybe there is a issue with Mobile Data? Not so sure.

Unlocking the phone via FP sometimes doesnt turns on the screen even I hear the unlocking sound. I have to press the power to turn off and unlock again.
AOD is not 100% active as most of the case I have to turn on the device ( i dont have any battery saving option turned on) and the screen is entire blank and not sure why is FP not responding that moments. Maybe you can look into it? or advise in case I have missed something.

Battery is great even I dont have to worry since I can charge this quickly. Games like Mobile Legends are great. havent test CODM but soon. (I realize that ML seems not locking 60FPS really as I got 59.1 - 59.9 this is clearly the ML's dev fault)

Nontheless I am Happy as I can enjoy the ROM . Kudos and more power! looking foward to test your new updates regarding this ROM.

PS. do we will have a performance update on this ROM? Cheers!

arunassain

Jun 17, 2015
chennai

Everything Works , except entire camera like RUI. FP works, I got my Banking App work unlike LOS with Magisk (20.3).

There are some slight issues: sorry I dont know how to send logcat or even to have it.
Random Reboots - turning Mobile Data + GPS 2 times already same scenario using a Food App. Also Changing Mobile Network Type. (There is a lot of options: I use LTE/TDSCDMA/GSM/WCDMA here in Philippines) Also got a random reboot testing all of the network type. Maybe there is a issue with Mobile Data? Not so sure.

Unlocking the phone via FP sometimes doesnt turns on the screen even I hear the unlocking sound. I have to press the power to turn off and unlock again.
AOD is not 100% active as most of the case I have to turn on the device ( i dont have any battery saving option turned on) and the screen is entire blank and not sure why is FP not responding that moments. Maybe you can look into it? or advise in case I have missed something.

Battery is great even I dont have to worry since I can charge this quickly. Games like Mobile Legends are great. havent test CODM but soon. (I realize that ML seems not locking 60FPS really as I got 59.1 - 59.9 this is clearly the ML's dev fault)

Nontheless I am Happy as I can enjoy the ROM . Kudos and more power! looking foward to test your new updates regarding this ROM.

Random reboots for some people but I didn't face it well for me chromium based browsers crashes anyway I will try to fix it those , performance? same as other ROMs i guess

Reactions: omnislice

Uqbar

Aug 17, 2009
Regnum Utriusque Siciliæ
Specifically for CN version of X2 Pro ?:confused:
Will it work on IN/EU phones ?
I think they mean either "RMX1931" or "RMX1931CN".

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Random reboots for some people but I didn't face it well for me chromium based browsers crashes anyway I will try to fix it those , performance? same as other ROMs i guess
Random reboots and FCs usually vanish with a totally clean install (no backup+restore, no dirty flashing).

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FuEOpi-liznvlPGPLK3S0PQiNxsM%3D%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252FuK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

Disclaimer:

This is an unofficial release and is prone to changes that may/may not reflect in the future official release.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! These builds are experimental and can contain Bugs (as listed above). Make sure to do backups.

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.
    5) Please keep bugreports to this thread or Discord. Do NOT create a Jira ticket. This is still in early development so we don't accept any bugreports yet.

Download ROM
    Twrp
    Firmware,vendor(thanks to jerry)

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:
    Have an unlocked bootloader, and custom recovery installed/booted
    (Not gonna be explained here, there'll be threads in this forum somewhere)
    Reboot to recovery
    Make sure your device is with RealmeUI firmware
    Flash ROM zip
    Flash Gapps
    Format data (don't report anything bugs if you dirty flashed over another ROM)

I can't thank @karthick111 & @phhusson enough for their contribution on realme X2 Pro device.
    Also thanks to @Sathish, @4j17h and tester @Nuaman​

Device specific features:
    * DC dimming (flicker free feature). check Settings -> Realme Settings
    * SRGB Mode Check Settings -> Realme Settings
    * Game mode (touch boost). check Settings -> Realme Settings
    * Toggle for display hz (auto, forced 90hz). check Settings -> Realme Settings
    * Ambient gestures (Pickup, handwave & pocket). check Settings -> Display -> Lockscreen display -> Ambient display

KNOWN ISSUES:
    you tell if you found it.

kernel source

XDA:DevDB Information
    Carbon, ROM for the Realme X2 Pro

Contributors
    arunassain
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: C28

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2020-07-18

Created 2020-07-18
    Last Updated 2020-09-19
    New Build is Up

Changelog:
    * August Security Patch
    * OTG is no more turned ON by default, you can enable & disable from settings now (realme settings)
    * Now you can choose between AMD & Tilt Sensor to wake up the device, choose whichever works best for you (Ambient Settings)
    * Added option to wake up the device to lockscreen instead of ambient (Ambient settings)
    * Fixed green pixelation issue around Notch area, top & bottom corners
    * Improved corner paddings
    * Fixed VoWiFi
    * Fingerprint improvements
    * AOD improvements
    * Updated Dolby app
    * Upstreamed kernel
    * Performance & battery improvements

Check OP for download links

Notes: Make sure you are on realmeUI FW and Flash Magisk 20.3
    Thanks for the smooth and stable stock Android experience.. Great job!

Only thing missing is face unlock. Can't find it in the settings. Not a big deal for me. ?
    Face unlock is taken down by almost all ROMs due to OEM DMCA