[ROM][10.0][UNOFFICIAL] crDroid 6.2 [UGGLITE] 15-01-2020

Search This thread

szanalmas

Apr 8, 2012
crDroid 6.2 ROM 15-01-2020

There's no guarantee nothing, don't use it if you don't know what you're doing!
SAVE your DATA before!
Make sure you have a custom recovery installed (TWRP is the preferred recovery. [I'm not using Fox recovery, I'm not going to give you advice.])
Boot into recovery
Wipe data, cache partitions to clean install. Wipe dalvik, cache to update previous crDroid.
(If your /data partition secured, maybe need format /data if you want to use this ROM.)
Flash Rom in TWRP (sideload or copy any storage)
Flash OpenGapps (Optional) [I'm not using GAPPS, I'm not going to give you advice.]
Flash Magisk Root (Optional) [I'm not using Magisk, I'm not going to give you advice.]
Reboot (If TWRP warn that there is no system, it doesn't matter, go reboot.)
First boot may take up to 1 minute.

All ROMs here: LINK

Known issues: don't know

Screenshots: LINK
OS source: LINK Many thanks to adi153!
ROM OS Version: 10.x Q
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.140 (not my work)
ROM info: Q10 Lineage-17.1, system_root partition, Android quota removed (easier to go back to earlier 7.x-9.x ROMs).
If you have previously used Android 9.x or 10.x ROM which has a quota set on the data partition, you can remove the quota in TWRP, and not need format the data partition (this method tested, working was for me, but no guarantee for by all means)
commands:
Code:
tune2fs -O ^quota /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata
tune2fs -Q ^usrquota,^grpquota /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata
If you then use a ROM that configures quota (fstab.qcom), you can start over, if do not want quota. Or cleaning from fstab: "quota".
Created 24-12-2019 6.0 version
Last Updated 15-01-2020 6.2 (build3)

I am not aware that it contains malicious code in the ROM, I have never put it in. This is a ported ROM, all its elements come from the Internet.

You're welcome.

Last edited:

Fadly357

Nov 4, 2017
Nice

Wow, a new rom... Thanks szanalmas, will give feedback after testing it:cowboy:
@szanalmas

Edit: Already tested your rom, so stable and smooth...
But found some small bug (doesn't really matter anyway but you may need know):
-At first boot/crdroid setup wizard, email exchange request permission but when i grant it permission manager crash (but back normal after that)
-When i change the hardware button function to screenshot... The Setting app will crash and back to main menu
Just that, still looking for other
Big thanks again for this nice rom:cowboy:

(Sorry for my bad english :v)

Last edited:

szanalmas

Apr 8, 2012
-At first boot/crdroid setup wizard, email exchange request permission but when i grant it permission manager crash (but back normal after that)
-When i change the hardware button function to screenshot... The Setting app will crash and back to main menu

Thanks for the feedback!

I didn't know about the first bug, probably because I have always denied email permissions in the wizard. I have bad habits! :)
I knew about the second bug, some of the function settings on the buttons don't work.
Unfortunately, these bugs are in the official ROM, but I think they will be fixed over time.

And of course, the SD card camera and gallery permission bugs have remained, but the solution is to use internal storage for the time being.

Last edited:
Reactions: Had.i and Fadly357

Fadly357

Nov 4, 2017
Thanks for the feedback!

I didn't know about the first bug, probably because I have always denied email permissions in the wizard. I have bad habits! :)
I knew about the second bug, some of the function settings on the buttons don't work.
Unfortunately, these bugs are in the official ROM, but I think they will be fixed over time.

And of course, the SD card camera and gallery permission bugs have remained, but the solution is to use internal storage for the time being.

Okay, will tell you as soon as possible if i found other:cowboy:

Reactions: Had.i

szanalmas

Apr 8, 2012
could you teach me rom build? i wanna learn and help

Sorry I can't give you guidance. I'm not building ROM, I'm just porting. If you really want to build ROM, I recommend the ViperOS developers, this was the only Official build for this phone (7.1.2). Building a ROM requires 3 things, the kernel, vendor, and AOSP. Since phone manufacturers largely do not make their source code public, their construction is tremendously laborious and time consuming.
If you want to port, it is highly recommended that you know Linux, which is quite a bit of time and energy. Actually, you need to learn the basics of linux for Android, but at least to the point where you can already interpret log error messages.
I don't know if you use linux, if you don't and you want to start with it, install linux, configure it well, and compile a linux kernel for ugglite, which starts with ROM 10. If you want to go hard, thoroughly, and deeper, do it all without installing a linux graphical interface. ;) I don't really know how much time it takes to easily manage Linux. How to port Android 10 on windows I don't know, but I think it's not easy. :)
And on top of that, Android has some specific changes that are different from the Linux system, so you also have to get to know Android so.
And now we're just about to boot on Linux based Android, on the DalvikVM running applications is another world with lots of Java code.
For all this, there is no guide to doing this or that, you need to apply knowledge in a complex way.
I only do this on a hobby level.

szanalmas

Apr 8, 2012
@szanalmas

About your ported TWRP, can you install magisk? When i use your TWRP to install magisk, the magisk installation failed, says it can mount vendor which is same as cust, right?

I once used the magisk in TWRP but not this ROM. It worked for some.
But I didn't write in my post on my TWRP either now.
(I don't use magisk now.)
Use Canary: LINK
Or whatever. :)

viethoang18

Sep 5, 2019
Sorry I can't give you guidance. I'm not building ROM, I'm just porting. If you really want to build ROM, I recommend the ViperOS developers, this was the only Official build for this phone (7.1.2). Building a ROM requires 3 things, the kernel, vendor, and AOSP. Since phone manufacturers largely do not make their source code public, their construction is tremendously laborious and time consuming.
If you want to port, it is highly recommended that you know Linux, which is quite a bit of time and energy. Actually, you need to learn the basics of linux for Android, but at least to the point where you can already interpret log error messages.
I don't know if you use linux, if you don't and you want to start with it, install linux, configure it well, and compile a linux kernel for ugglite, which starts with ROM 10. If you want to go hard, thoroughly, and deeper, do it all without installing a linux graphical interface. ;) I don't really know how much time it takes to easily manage Linux. How to port Android 10 on windows I don't know, but I think it's not easy. :)
And on top of that, Android has some specific changes that are different from the Linux system, so you also have to get to know Android so.
And now we're just about to boot on Linux based Android, on the DalvikVM running applications is another world with lots of Java code.
For all this, there is no guide to doing this or that, you need to apply knowledge in a complex way.
I only do this on a hobby level.

can i use Unbutu wls on windows ?

cpglbitm

Mar 17, 2014
New delhi
@szanalmas I flashed this ROM.
ULTRA SMOOTH... NO SERIOUS BUG, SOMETIMES AUTO BRIGHTNESS RESPONSE SLOWLY. Suddenly high brightness automatically. Another issue with attached sd card asking for format.
"Issue with sandisk SD Card"
Its for daily use is ok.

szanalmas

Apr 8, 2012
bug, when enabling ambient display d2tw stopped not wroking after disable ambient dt2w work again

This is what LINK is all about, and I still hold that the double-tap feature cannot be used for two things at once. What's interesting is that I can't find the ambient display double-tap menu option, and there's a separate one in Havoc ambient settings.
This is also an Official bug unfortunately.

szanalmas

Apr 8, 2012
@szanalmas I flashed this ROM.
ULTRA SMOOTH... NO SERIOUS BUG, SOMETIMES AUTO BRIGHTNESS RESPONSE SLOWLY. Suddenly high brightness automatically. Another issue with attached sd card asking for format.
"Issue with sandisk SD Card"
Its for daily use is ok.

The SD card problem is very-very interesting.
What filesystem is in sd card?
Could you send us a logcat digest right after the phone is started?

Code:
adb logcat | grep vold > sdcardproblem.txt

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    crDroid 6.2 ROM 15-01-2020

There's no guarantee nothing, don't use it if you don't know what you're doing!
    SAVE your DATA before!
    Make sure you have a custom recovery installed (TWRP is the preferred recovery. [I'm not using Fox recovery, I'm not going to give you advice.])
    Boot into recovery
    Wipe data, cache partitions to clean install. Wipe dalvik, cache to update previous crDroid.
    (If your /data partition secured, maybe need format /data if you want to use this ROM.)
    Flash Rom in TWRP (sideload or copy any storage)
    Flash OpenGapps (Optional) [I'm not using GAPPS, I'm not going to give you advice.]
    Flash Magisk Root (Optional) [I'm not using Magisk, I'm not going to give you advice.]
    Reboot (If TWRP warn that there is no system, it doesn't matter, go reboot.)
    First boot may take up to 1 minute.

All ROMs here: LINK

Known issues: don't know

Screenshots: LINK
    OS source: LINK Many thanks to adi153!
    ROM OS Version: 10.x Q
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.140 (not my work)
    ROM info: Q10 Lineage-17.1, system_root partition, Android quota removed (easier to go back to earlier 7.x-9.x ROMs).
    If you have previously used Android 9.x or 10.x ROM which has a quota set on the data partition, you can remove the quota in TWRP, and not need format the data partition (this method tested, working was for me, but no guarantee for by all means)
    commands:
    Code:
    tune2fs -O ^quota /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata
    tune2fs -Q ^usrquota,^grpquota /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata
    If you then use a ROM that configures quota (fstab.qcom), you can start over, if do not want quota. Or cleaning from fstab: "quota".
    Created 24-12-2019 6.0 version
    Last Updated 15-01-2020 6.2 (build3)

I am not aware that it contains malicious code in the ROM, I have never put it in. This is a ported ROM, all its elements come from the Internet.

You're welcome.
    New build 15.01.2020, & many changes to the system. I'd like to get feedback on whether VOLTE is working? Thanks.

SYS update V1 out: 14-01-2020

Something wrong with the system updates, I moved it to the test directory.

Thanks for the feedback!

@szanalmas thanks ...for stable ROM.

---------- Post added at 04:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 AM ----------

From long time i was waiting for stable ROM. Thanks for your hard work.
    Thanks for the feedback!

Okay, will tell you as soon as possible if i found other:cowboy:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone