[ROM][10.0][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS-17.1 [begonia/begoniain]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dedalumine

Dec 11, 2020
I used vbmeta.img from
fw_begonia_miui_BEGONIAEEAGlobal_V11.0.3.0.PGGEUXM_d7349241eb_9.0
Why did you choose V10.4.5? I was on MIUI global 11.0.5.0 (PGGEUXM), too, unfortunatly this version does not exist online in the repositories.

OMG!!
You just save my ***! :eek: nxt518 (a second time!!)

I look for V11.0.5.0 PGGEUXM for one our. I think at the end i mess up with the version numbers o_O. Strange that this version is not available...
I didn't proceed yet: i was looking for potential comments here... Well... thanks to the replies and for your close reading 👌!!!
I just download the indicated firmware and took the vbmeta.img from fw_begonia_miui_BEGONIAEEAGlobal_V11.0.3.0.PGGEUXM_d7349241eb_9.0. as i understood it worked for you.
Thanks again! 🙏
I flash lineage on ginkgo two days ago, and i didn't do anything with vbmeta.img (i just flashed the lineage recovery directly). It seems that i was lucky...

I think i will proceed on begonia another day, just to be completely sure :rolleyes: . I still would like to have a better understanding on the Android Verification Boot (e.g. is it disable for all life of the device, does ROMs re -enable it , as vbmeta.img is part of the lenieage zip file...)

@theimpulson
Thanks for your work on this device to have LOS 🙏, and for kind reply to provide indication for unexperiemented user... I would still be more comfortatble to first flash wit ik and preloader (prior to the desactivation of AVB). At least for my understanding it shouldn't arm.
Thanks!
D.

FivEawE

Oct 3, 2015
I believe it achieves the same result in the end. LR.TWRP is a closed source, hence I can't tell what method it uses.
I hope I can ask once more, though it will probably be a dumb question. Since you mentioned LR.TWRP is close sourced, isn't there a security risk while using it (f.e. code injection while flashing)? Many thanks.

theimpulson

Forum Moderator / Recognized Dev / Dev Relations
Staff member
OMG!!
You just save my ***! :eek: nxt518 (a second time!!)

I look for V11.0.5.0 PGGEUXM for one our. I think at the end i mess up with the version numbers o_O. Strange that this version is not available...
I didn't proceed yet: i was looking for potential comments here... Well... thanks to the replies and for your close reading 👌!!!
I just download the indicated firmware and took the vbmeta.img from fw_begonia_miui_BEGONIAEEAGlobal_V11.0.3.0.PGGEUXM_d7349241eb_9.0. as i understood it worked for you.
Thanks again! 🙏
I flash lineage on ginkgo two days ago, and i didn't do anything with vbmeta.img (i just flashed the lineage recovery directly). It seems that i was lucky...

I think i will proceed on begonia another day, just to be completely sure :rolleyes: . I still would like to have a better understanding on the Android Verification Boot (e.g. is it disable for all life of the device, does ROMs re -enable it , as vbmeta.img is part of the lenieage zip file...)

@theimpulson
Thanks for your work on this device to have LOS 🙏, and for kind reply to provide indication for unexperiemented user... I would still be more comfortatble to first flash wit ik and preloader (prior to the desactivation of AVB). At least for my understanding it shouldn't arm.
Thanks!
D.

The sole reason you need to flash vbmeta image on this device prior to doing modifications is that Xiaomi has enabled verification/AVB on the recovery partition as well. On QCOM devices I work with, this is limited to system and vendor partition, but on this device, it basically covers every single partition possible which user might tamper with.

https://github.com/MiCode/Xiaomi_Ke...arch/arm64/boot/dts/mediatek/mt6785.dts#L3932

It shouldn't harm to flash preloader stuff first but I don't know. I was on MIUI 12, did what I told you before and my device is fine.

theimpulson

Staff member
I hope I can ask once more, though it will probably be a dumb question. Since you mentioned LR.TWRP is close sourced, isn't there a security risk while using it (f.e. code injection while flashing)? Many thanks.

I don't think so, I decompiled and checked it, seemed normal to me. in any case, if you are unsure, you can always reflash from LineageOS recovery after the initial install.

ploksi

Dec 21, 2018
Im on MIUI Global 12.0.2 and Android 10 QP1A. I have unlocked this one using Xiaomi unlock tool. For getting this rom installed do i need to.

Flash twrp
Downgrade to A9
Flash this rom

Are these the correct steps for me?
After installing lineageos how do i get root permissions?

FivEawE

Oct 3, 2015
Im on MIUI Global 12.0.2 and Android 10 QP1A. I have unlocked this one using Xiaomi unlock tool. For getting this rom installed do i need to.

Flash twrp
Downgrade to A9
Flash this rom

Are these the correct steps for me?
After installing lineageos how do i get root permissions?

There are step-by-step instructions by the author himself:
If you are coming from Stock ROM (MIUI), here is how you do it:

- Unlock your bootloader
- Disable AVB by flashing stock vbmeta.img with the following command fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
- Find a decent working TWRP, flash, and boot it using the manual key combo (official TWRP on Android 9, LR.TWRP on Android 10)
- If you have begoniain run this command adb shell resetprop ro.product.device begoniain
- Format data
- Flash latest LineageOS build
- Flash GAPPS if you want otherwise skip this step
- Reboot back to fastboot and flash LineageOS recovery
- Reboot to system

Done

If you are coming from another custom ROM, here is how you do it:

- Flash LineageOS recovery, and boot it using the manual key combo
- Format data
- Flash latest LineageOS build
- Flash GAPPS if you want otherwise skip this step
- Reboot to system

Done

You can get root privileges by flashing Magisk from recovery.

Reactions: ploksi

montechristos1

Aug 27, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Bug report: using Signal Private Messenger
When I initiate a call using Bluetooth, it takes a few seconds before the other party can hear me.

It is LOS issue, as I was using the same with POSP and didn't have the issue. It was also there in older versions of LOS I had tried in the past

Let me know how I can help debug the issue

koeksal

Dec 6, 2018
Beeing on latest LOS i tried to upgrade Firmware to fw_begonia_miui_BEGONIAEEAGlobal_V12.0.3.0.QGGEUXM_b8772f9b12_10.0.zip

But endend up in Bootloop...could you please tell me which of the latest Firmware is safe to upgrade?

theimpulson

Staff member
Bug report: using Signal Private Messenger
When I initiate a call using Bluetooth, it takes a few seconds before the other party can hear me.

It is LOS issue, as I was using the same with POSP and didn't have the issue. It was also there in older versions of LOS I had tried in the past

Let me know how I can help debug the issue

Logcat and dmesg while reproducing the issue will be appreciated

theimpulson

Staff member
Beeing on latest LOS i tried to upgrade Firmware to fw_begonia_miui_BEGONIAEEAGlobal_V12.0.3.0.QGGEUXM_b8772f9b12_10.0.zip

But endend up in Bootloop...could you please tell me which of the latest Firmware is safe to upgrade?

You are not supposed to do that. I ship the required firmware in the builds themselves.

Reactions: koeksal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0 (Ten) which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo and if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website

Downloads Links
    begonia | begoniain

Google Applications (optional) :
    OpenGapps (Use packages for ARM64, Android 10.0, Nano)
    Information: Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Flashing and updating

LineageOS clean install :

- Boot into the LineageOS recovery.
    - Format data and install the latest LineageOS build
    - Install OpenGAPPS package, if you want GAPPS otherwise skip this step
    - Wipe Dalvik/Cache and Reboot into System

About the builds
    - Device Side Sources are on official org

Issues and reports
    - Report issues only if you use the ROM kernel
    - If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    - Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    - Share a log of the error and steps to reproduce it

You can also join and help me debug your issues in the following Telegram Group: https://t.me/xiaomi_begonia | Not required but donations are welcome: Paypal

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS-17.1, ROM for the Redmi Note 8 Pro

Contributors
    TheImpulson
    Source Code:
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_xiaomi_mt6785

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 17.1
    Stable Release Date: 2020-08-11

Created 2020-03-26
    Last Updated 2020-08-12
    Current Bugs include:
    • The camera doesn't have full resolutions support yet
    • SELinux is Permissive

Don't report bugs related:
    • to CTS failures (LineageOS does not tamper with CTS results)
    • with Magisk (It sets a number of props on boot like changing build type to the user resulting in broken adb root etc)
    • with Custom Kernel, MODs (Report that to MOD maintainer)
    • with non-recommended vendor or builds (Use what is told in instructions)
    So I went over to GitHub to download the latest and greatest and I noticed that the past couple of versions, a recovery.img is now included with the assets. I've searched up and down the commits, bugs, and anything else in English that I could find but nothing on that rather important file. Do I need it for this latest install? I probably should have asked this on Git, but I'm not really familiar with it and where to post what.

Thanks again for all your awesome work!

Well, the story behind recovery.img is simple. Guys at LineageOS wanted to have their own recovery which can install custom zips and stuff and is closer to AOSP as in source code modifications for it to be easier to maintain and support. So, they came up with it. It's now also a must to be working if you want official LineageOS support. So, I am trying to get it working as well. Current versions don't boot at all. Looking around and I hope it will be working soon. I will announce it here, so don't worry about that.

Also, considering Xiaomi released the Q kernel sources, I am working on it, for us to be able to use Q vendor and kernel sources to get more things working. It will take time. I will post regular updates on the thread if I get something working as well.
    Pushed a new update on GitHub Releases. Here is the changelog:

- Updated safe media volume warning level
    - Hided sRGB toggle in developer options
    - Fixed Ambient display and enabled Always on Display
    - Fixed brightness issues by importing overlays from Google Pixel (marlin)
    - Added Trust Hal, see it in Privacy Settings
    - Enable option for full-screen aspect ratio
    - Added notch overlay, this makes center clock and network speed indicator unavailable as they are unsupported with notched devices
    - Added led notification and battery led customization options, see it in Notifications settings
    - Turned on WiFi MAC randomization
    - Hex-edited MTK RIL lib to fix incoming calls
    - Upstreamed kernel to v4.14.158

The hotspot is also working, however, it's buggy. You need to remove SIM cards to make it work. That will be fixed in future builds (hopefully).