[ROM][10.0][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for Mix 3 5G [andromeda]

Search This thread

Inkypen

Aug 19, 2018
London
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Xiaomi Mi 5s
August security patch has been merged. There has been a huge amount of work on bug fixes, here are some of the more important ones

4k/30fps video recording is now supported in the native camera app.
Gcam ports now work properly, giving 4k/60fps video recording. I tested this https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/MGC_7.4.104_Parrot043-v1.apk and everything works perfectly.
Power off battery charging now works.
Phone not entering deep sleep with Always On Display activated is fixed.
Display stack now built from source, which fixes all colour profile issues and gives a more vivid display.

You can directly flash this update without formatting data if you're on an encrypted build. If you're on an unencrypted build you will have to clean flash and FORMAT (not wipe) your internal storage. Not sure what build you're own? Go to the Security tab in Settings and check "Encryption and credentials"

https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi....1-20200804-UNOFFICIAL-andromeda.zip/download

Reactions: Pumpino

Mweatm

Aug 4, 2020
Many thanks.. I found it very quick and easy to update. I have another question which I hope you don't mind...I am on a 5G enabled network (3 UK) although I'm not getting 5G speeds. Is that something to do with the modem firmware zip?

Inkypen

Aug 19, 2018
London
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Xiaomi Mi 5s
Many thanks.. I found it very quick and easy to update. I have another question which I hope you don't mind...I am on a 5G enabled network (3 UK) although I'm not getting 5G speeds. Is that something to do with the modem firmware zip?

I'm also in the UK on EE and I get 5G, even shows 5G in the status bar. It's recommended to flash the firmware zip so that everyone is on the same page, and you only need to flash it once then you can forget about it.

Mweatm

Aug 4, 2020
I'm also in the UK on EE and I get 5G, even shows 5G in the status bar. It's recommended to flash the firmware zip so that everyone is on the same page, and you only need to flash it once then you can forget about it.

I have now flashed the recommended firmware zip.

No option for 5G in the Preffered network type menu, it only gives options for 4G (recommended), 3G & 2G. Possibly because my region isn't covered by 3's 5G yet. Would 5G be on the Preffered network type menu either way or only if there is coverage?

I noticed that Settings - System crashes and goes back to previous screen or a close app window appears, the menu is inaccessible. I didnt try opening that on the 18th July update so I can't say whether it worked before.

It works very smoothly for me otherwise. Thanks again

jkeerthan

Feb 27, 2011

just bought the phone today and going through the rom threads(last time i played with a custom rom was with my op3t)......kudos to inky for this awesome work...

5g on three network is a scam...my phone shows 5g and all i m getting is 5-10 megs...same with my cousins s20+.....their 4g on some bands and hsdpa gives better speed....seems like they r throttling the speeds...

jkeerthan

Feb 27, 2011
Can confirm 5g isn't working(three).....it was working on miui.
Flashed the last build with 66hz mod.
Glad I did this.
And also can confirm Barclays banking app works.

asttr0

Jul 19, 2008
5G is not working for me either (Vodafone Spain, and it was working with MIUI). I flashed the recommended firmware, and still no 5G option in the preferred network type.

casanova2020

Feb 25, 2010
I can confirm the same, 5G not working (Uk - Vodafone ). working with earlier MIUI build. Also Its not showing me the option to select 5G.

Inkypen

Aug 19, 2018
London
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Xiaomi Mi 5s
There is no option to select 5G in preferred network because of the type of modem used. The Mix 3 5G uses NSA 5G (Not Stand Alone) as opposed to SA 5G (Stand Alone) which means it uses a 4G cell as an anchor point to the 5G network. We are using the AOSP telephony stack here, not whatever Xiaomi hacked together for MIUI.

I personally get a 5G symbol appearing on my status bar along with roughly triple my 4G download speeds when I'm in a 5G area. Plenty of users in the Mix 3 5G telegram group have also confirmed 5G is working for them.

If it's not working for you, I don't know what to say! It's working for me and confirmed by other users :confused:

Last edited:

jkeerthan

Feb 27, 2011
and one more thing...AOD seems to go into full brightness as soon as you lock the screen, is there any fix for this?

Mweatm

Aug 4, 2020
This is working very well indeed. Good battery life and smooth very smooth experience. MicroG and Magisk have given me no problems at all now. Any problems I previously had were my fault for not following the guide to the word. I haven't test Three's 5G in a 5G region yet but 4G hits 80MB/s with ease. Thanks again Inkypen

asttr0

Jul 19, 2008
This is working very well indeed. Good battery life and smooth very smooth experience. MicroG and Magisk have given me no problems at all now. Any problems I previously had were my fault for not following the guide to the word. I haven't test Three's 5G in a 5G region yet but 4G hits 80MB/s with ease. Thanks again Inkypen

How did you install microG?

Mweatm

Aug 4, 2020
I used this guide, I believe.
android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/install-microg-replace-google-play-services-prevent-data-mining-0193787/

Reactions: asttr0

Mweatm

Aug 4, 2020
I'm an amateur so my advice isn't exactly reliable I just follow guides with trial and error. Errors have forced me into using MIFlash a few times to stock in order to start again. I can tell you is WhatsApp is working for me along with Waze. MicroG healthcheck has every box checked except the bottom location.

Magisk modules - Busybox, Cloudflare, Magisk hide, Nanodroid, Riru core, Riruxposed.

EdXposed - EdExposed Manager, Fake Gapps, Lucky Patcher.

asttr0

Jul 19, 2008
There is no option to select 5G in preferred network because of the type of modem used. The Mix 3 5G uses NSA 5G (Not Stand Alone) as opposed to SA 5G (Stand Alone) which means it uses a 4G cell as an anchor point to the 5G network. We are using the AOSP telephony stack here, not whatever Xiaomi hacked together for MIUI.

I personally get a 5G symbol appearing on my status bar along with roughly triple my 4G download speeds when I'm in a 5G area. Plenty of users in the Mix 3 5G telegram group have also confirmed 5G is working for them.

If it's not working for you, I don't know what to say! It's working for me and confirmed by other users :confused:

OMG You're right... Although there is no 5G option it connects to 5G networks (at least Vodafone Spain). Thanks!

Zero-0ne

Aug 29, 2020
Hi,
i installed the rom three days ago and everythning works fine. But yesterday i turnd my phone off, now it just starts to fastboot, or when i push the volume Button to recovery (TWRP).
But the system does not start.
Any Idea? Or do i have to reinstall it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    Almost everything

Broken:
    You tell me

Compatibility:
    This is for Mi Mix 3 5G (andromeda) only. Not compatible with regular Mix 3 (perseus)

Downloads:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/xiaomi-andromeda/files/

Installation:
    Reboot to recovery
    Wipe /system, /vendor, /data and /cache
    Install LineageOS zip package
    Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Important notes:
    GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3

Contributors
    Inkypen
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Testing

Created 2020-06-08
    Last Updated 2020-06-08
    Additional installation instructions if coming from stock MIUI:

In order to install a custom ROM you must have an unlocked bootloader. You can apply for this at Xiaomi's official site: https://en.miui.com/unlock/

You then need to install a custom recovery. Official TWRP builds are available, and the official maintainer has a thread with installation instructions here: https://xdaforums.com/mi-mix-3/development/recovery-unofficial-twrp-xiaomi-mi-mix-t3941867

Once you have TWRP installed, boot into recovery mode. Wipe cache,dalvik,system,vendor partitions.

You are strongly advised to flash the latest modem firmware. You can grab that here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/xiaomi-andromeda/files/firmware.zip/download

WARNING: You will lose all saved files on your internal storage in the next step, make a backup of important files before proceeding

Data partition must be formatted (not wiped) to remove forced encryption. Use the bottom right "Format Data" button in the Wipe menu. You will be asked to type "yes" to confirm your choice.

At this point your internal storage will be empty. Copy the ROM from your PC to the phone, click install in TWRP and select the ROM. If you wish to install gapps/nanodroid, copy it to the phone and install after the ROM. Once you have flashed the ROM and any add ons, you must format internal storage again. Internal storage must be completely empty for the very first custom ROM boot, once a custom ROM has been installed and you want to swap to a different one, further formatting is not necessary.

Reboot back to system and enjoy custom ROM goodness :)
    Sorry guys, I've been quiet on the XDA forum because the telegram support group is just faster and more convenient. As some of you have seen I've been working on Lineage 18. The latest build has almost everything working including 5G.

In relation to Magisk, many devices seem to have a problem with A11 and Magisk. I have discovered a method to get it to work though:

Boot into recovery and flash Magisk 20.4 then reboot.

Phone will loop on Mi/Mix logo.

Boot back into recovery and flash Magisk 21.1 then reboot.
    The LineageOS team have added in Qualcomm's Bluetooth stack so I've uploaded a new build. You probably won't notice any changes because these are "under the hood" improvements, but if you have some high end headphones you may hear a difference!

Also this build and all future builds have encryption enabled. Unfortunately this means you will need to format your data partition in order to install this build, but this is a one time only thing. I can also confirm that F2FS is working perfectly with encryption if you wish to change filesystems. I can also confirm you can switch to a different ROM without formatting (just the usual wipes) so long as the new ROM you are installing is also encrypted. This change might mean that you can come straight from MIUI without formatting but this is completely untested by me.

Here's the link, and remember you MUST format internal storage if you are on an unencrypted build:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi....1-20200630-UNOFFICIAL-andromeda.zip/download