[ROM][10.0][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for Xperia Z1 [2020-10-30]

Search This thread

KhalidGenius

Jul 1, 2015
I flashed modem files modem-4.01.zip it is the latest version. It works perfectly with LOS16.

To those having trouble with the C6902 modem zip file in LOS17.1, i have modified it by changing the destination flash folder to /system/system instead of previously /system; which is due to the changed folder hierarchy in android 10.

I had some qcril kernel wakelocks issue, that is related to connectivity interface, which prevented the device from going to deep sleep state and thus led to excessive battery drain when the screen is turned off. That got fixed after i modified the modem file and flashed it in LOS17.1 just like it did for me in LOS16 with the original modem file. However, i don't have a sim card inserted in the device so i don't know if the modified C6902 modem zip file will fix sim network connectivity issues. If it works for anyone, please let us know!

I am not a developer, flash this file at your own risk and responsibility.
I will not be held accountable for any damages, complaints or thermonuclear war.

modem[Q]-4.01_honami.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: rezarez

Samcode

Jan 28, 2017
To those having trouble with the C6902 modem zip file in LOS17.1, i have modified it by changing the destination flash folder to /system/system instead of previously /system; which is due to the changed folder hierarchy in android 10.

I had some qcril kernel wakelocks issue, that is related to connectivity interface, which prevented the device from going to deep sleep state and thus led to excessive battery drain when the screen is turned off. That got fixed after i modified the modem file and flashed it in LOS17.1 just like it did for me in LOS16 with the original modem file. However, i don't have a sim card inserted in the device so i don't know if the modified C6902 modem zip file will fix sim network connectivity issues. If it works for anyone, please let us know!

I will not be held accountable for any damages, complaints or thermonuclear war.

modem[Q]-4.01_honami.zip
i will test it back later and tell you the results...

bot1987

Aug 26, 2019
Saint Petersburg

modem[Q]-4.01_honami.zip
Great it works ) Thanks a lot for a simple trick !

Samcode

Jan 28, 2017

modem[Q]-4.01_honami.zip
Tested and confirmed working properly for the c6902 varient (well done), but sometimes noticed low speed in mobile data connection, i'am not sure if this is due to kernel or to the custom modified c6902 zip.

KhalidGenius

Jul 1, 2015
Tested and confirmed working properly for the c6902 varient (well done), but sometimes noticed low speed in mobile data connection, i'am not sure if this is due to kernel or to the custom modified c6902 zip.

The only modification i did was to change the destination flash folder to /system/system instead of /system. I have no idea why mobile data speeds are low for you. I'd like to help but i'm not a developer, i'm just a regular user :silly: I still hope custom kernels (RZ kernel / XREN kernel) get released for android 10 to give us tons of customization with the ability to undervolt the cpu :fingers-crossed: :fingers-crossed:

bot1987

Aug 26, 2019
Saint Petersburg
The only modification i did was to change the destination flash folder to /system/system instead of /system. I have no idea why mobile data speeds are low for you. I'd like to help but i'm not a developer, i'm just a regular user :silly: I still hope custom kernels (RZ kernel / XREN kernel) get released for android 10 to give us tons of customization with the ability to undervolt the cpu :fingers-crossed: :fingers-crossed:
It is interesting, I don't face any problems with mobile internet. Maybe it depends on career...

eurodiesel

Sep 18, 2017
The Middle of Nowhere
Stock LOS camera app is not so great, so camera app do you use?
Google camera version 2.7.008.
But I'm on lineage16, will test if if works on lineage17 but I don't think it won't.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z1 using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200831-162247_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20200831-162247_Settings.png
    17 KB · Views: 114

Aliover

Sep 24, 2016
XREN kernel have a bug
This kernel is not stable on android 9
Random reboot
Frez

choco-bio

Mar 6, 2014
I have some feedbacks for the LOS 17.1 for my xperia z1 4gLTE.
First of all, thank you for the all the efforts to bring android 10 for xperia z1.
1. the location/GPS does not work at all.
2.my phone seems to get hot easily.
3. is there anyway to improve the quality of sound by changing the bit Rate output through 3.5mm jack ? I think the soundfx is not good enough.
thank you.

---------- Post added at 05:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 AM ----------

Stock LOS camera app is not so great, so camera app do you use?

probably, you can use "a better camera" apk.
:D

Reactions: zpunout

Aliover

Sep 24, 2016
My Z1 is 3G version (C6902). I 've successfully installed this rom and modem 4.01. It seems that it works smooth, but mobile network is not available (phone does not sees sim card). while wifi and bluetooth works fine.

Yes
I have the same problem.

My Z1 is 3G version (C6902) And I flashed modem files modem-4.01.zip it is the latest version. but . ..

update:

modem[Q]-4.01_honami.zip

i will test it back later and tell you the results...

Last edited:

EccLipSe

Sep 15, 2012
Just for stock 5.1.1 users;
1)Root your device with NewKingrootV4.50
2) Download TWRP 3.4 from XDA and copy your SDcard, flash with Rashr
3) Load recovery and flash LineageOS 17.1,
4) download gapps arm/10/pico and flash in recovery too.

Finished.

Last edited:

lucbertz

Sep 3, 2018
This ROM is awesome; also NFC seems to work, despite the opening post. But then Google Pay does not work because this is identified as an unofficial ROM. The same for other banking apps. I also tried to encrypt the phone, but I lost everything; it went in bootloop after about 10 minutes of elaboration.
These facts and missing MHL support are the only weak points.

Can you tell me how is it better to proceed if I want install and configure MicroG?
Thank you!

Reactions: zpunout

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi1285.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fa583%2Fadriandc%2FLineage-Header_zps5k1so3nb.png~original
    Disclaimer
    Code:
    /**
    *  You flash this ROM at your own risk and responsibility.
    *  This ROM is provided without ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, not even the warranty that it works.
    *  None of the developers of this ROM will be held accountable for any damages, complaints or thermonuclear war.
    **/

Known Issues
    • NFC-HCE does not work (needed for google pay)
    • FM does not work in stereo mode (mono works fine, though)
    • MHL does not work
    • maybe more

Requirements
    • Xperia Z1 C6903
    • Unlocked and updated bootloader
    • TWRP - 3.3.x

Installation instructions
    1. Wipe system, cache and dalvik
    2. Flash the ROM
    3. Flash GAPPS if wanted (Link, select Platform: ARM, Android: 10.0)
    4. Reboot

Downloads

Credits
    • @115ek - thanks mate, for using your LOS amami port as a base ... and all your help
    • @SpiritCroc - for all this work on the AICP side
    • the whole LOS team
    • all others, who are involved bringing LOS to the msm8974 / rhine platform

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1 (C6903)

Source Code: https://github.com/AICP/kernel_sony_msm8974

ROM OS Version: 10.0
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: .236 bootloader

Version Information

Created 2020-03-01
    Last Updated 2020-10-30
    Changelog
    • Build 2020-10-30
      • latest security patches included (2020-10-05)
      • synced latest lineage sources
    • Build 2020-08-25
      • latest security patches included (2020-08-05)
    • Build 2020-06-20
      • enable GLONASS (thanks @jason972000)
      • fixed gps week-rollover problem (thanks @jason972000)
      • further GPS improvements (thanks @115ek)
    • Build 2020-03-30
      • 5 GHz option disabled for Wifi hotpot (thanks @115ek)
      • fixed livedisplay (thanks @115ek)
    • Build 2020-03-01
      • initial bringup
    Ok guys, first *TEST* build is up! It took me longer to build as expected, since I had to tweak my build environment to successfully finish a build cycle due to increased memory usage during build...
    I've uploaded a new build with synced lineage sources, latest security patches and several gps improvements...check OP and changelog!
    I've uploaded a new build - check OP