[ROM][10.0][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 [lux] [Monthly Builds]

Search This thread

twain55

Jan 21, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S4
Sony Xperia C
hero.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

These builds are and will be based on source code from althafvly's previous builds. Built from source since the original dev isn't working on the ROM anymore. New builds will be posted every month, please don't ask for ETA. Working stuff, compatibility and bugs have been pasted from previous builds because I haven't changed anything except for building with the latest patches. Builds are signed.

Working:
  • Camera (and flashlight)
  • WiFi
  • Battery LED
  • Bluetooth
  • Telephony (Calls and Data)
  • Audio (Record and Playback)
  • Video Playback
  • Sensors
  • GPS
  • VoLTE
  • HW crypto

Broken:
  • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
Compatible with all Moto X Play variants. (XT1562,XT1563)

Downloads:
  • Download Latest Build
  • TWRP
  • [Optional] Download OpenGapps or MindtheGapps
  • Notes regarding Gapps:

If going with OpenGApps, try to stick to lighter packages (nano and pico are recommended; anything higher than that install heavier apps like Google Now and performance WILL BE degraded a lot). I have tested with mini package. Pick arm->10.0->package version.
    MindtheGapps are recommended because it'll give you what you need while being lighter, though I haven't tested with it.

• [Optional] Magisk

Notice:
  • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Format /system, /data and /cache
  • Install LineageOS zip package
  • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice.
  • Install [optional] Magisk for root and modules.

Important notes:
  • * Required * Firmware version must be based on Nougat
  • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
  • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if Stockrom was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
LineageOS team and the volunteer Community.
althafvly for the device trees.

Device wiki:
ROM OS Version: Android 10
Security Patch: January 2023
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Stable

Last edited:

faceoffhvv

Dec 12, 2015
Hello.
I'm trying to install your build of LineageOS. When installed via TWRP (twrp-3.4.0-0-lux, twrp-3.7.0_9-0-lux) at 20% it displays an error of -7. What could be the reason for this? Phone XT1562 android 7.1.1 (dual sim). The latest official build lineage-17.1-20220214-nightly-lux-signed installs without issue. Can you give a working link to TWRP 3.3.1 lux? I want to try this version of the recovery, but I can not find it anywhere.

faceoffhvv

Dec 12, 2015
Found and installed TWRP 3.3.1 lux. But with him the exact same situation with an error. Screenshot is attached.

2022_11_04_14_27_IMG_0089_ed1.jpg

Last edited:

faceoffhvv

Dec 12, 2015
I got rid of the line starting with "assert" to the next semi-colon after unpacking the firmware image in the META-INF/com/google/android directory (file named "updater-script"), packed it back into the firmware and everything was flashed without errors. Testing...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hero.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

These builds are and will be based on source code from althafvly's previous builds. Built from source since the original dev isn't working on the ROM anymore. New builds will be posted every month, please don't ask for ETA. Working stuff, compatibility and bugs have been pasted from previous builds because I haven't changed anything except for building with the latest patches. Builds are signed.

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Battery LED
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • VoLTE
    • HW crypto

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Moto X Play variants. (XT1562,XT1563)

Downloads:
    • Download Latest Build
    • TWRP
    • [Optional] Download OpenGapps or MindtheGapps
    • Notes regarding Gapps:

If going with OpenGApps, try to stick to lighter packages (nano and pico are recommended; anything higher than that install heavier apps like Google Now and performance WILL BE degraded a lot). I have tested with mini package. Pick arm->10.0->package version.
      MindtheGapps are recommended because it'll give you what you need while being lighter, though I haven't tested with it.

• [Optional] Magisk

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice.
    • Install [optional] Magisk for root and modules.

Important notes:
    • * Required * Firmware version must be based on Nougat
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if Stockrom was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    LineageOS team and the volunteer Community.
    althafvly for the device trees.

Device wiki:
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    Security Patch: January 2023
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Changelogs
    Initial Build (31/08/22):
    August Security Patches

13/09/22;
    September Security Patches