[ROM][10.0][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS 17.1 [SERRANOVELTE GT-I9195I]

Search This thread

mernurisha

Oct 6, 2018
GPS seems not to work with latest version. I tried two GPSTEST-Apps without success:
- GPSTEST from f-droid
and the other
- GPSTEST from playstore
Note: Both Apps have permission for location. I'm running LOS17 without gapps. I was waiting 30 minutes and did not get one satellit not to mention a GPS position. Any suggestions?

Everything goes well for me. Did you do a clean installation?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200924-155327_GPS_Test.png
    Screenshot_20200924-155327_GPS_Test.png
    149.3 KB · Views: 79

cristihan

Oct 9, 2016
Timisoara
I tested all the ROMs for Samsung S4 mini (GT-I9195I) ... starting with the first CyanogenMod 11 ... 12 build by @Danil_e71 and all the versions that followed. From my point of view the best ROM (stable, no bugs) for daily use is AospExtented (no gapps) build by @mernurisha.

Ilja Repin

Oct 11, 2020
Bootloop after encryption

Thanks so much for the ROM. It works great! But I have some trouble with the encryption. When I encrypt my phone via Menu - Security - Encrypt, the Android icon appears briefly. However, the encryption seems to abort then. The result is a bootloop on restart. With a file system repair via TWRP it works again, but I don't get the phone encrypted. Does anybody have an idea about this?

x53

May 8, 2013
Thanks, you are right. It's working now. Today I did a clean installation. :good:
So sorry for bothering you all. The only strange thing is I thought I did a clean install in the first place.
I'm receiving now GPS, Glonass and BeiDuo. Little question: Is our phone capable of receiving SBAS, e.g. WAAS for improving position accuracy? Galileo is'nt working - I know :eek:.
Everything goes well for me. Did you do a clean installation?

@cristihan: Wifi 2.4 Ghz is working, too. My router has 2.4GHz network only. I never had problems with Wifi.

Ilja Repin

Oct 11, 2020
Thanks so much for the ROM. It works great! But I have some trouble with the encryption. When I encrypt my phone via Menu - Security - Encrypt, the Android icon appears briefly. However, the encryption seems to abort then. The result is a bootloop on restart. With a file system repair via TWRP it works again, but I don't get the phone encrypted. Does anybody have an idea about this?

After trying again, the problem seems to be more specifically the reboot function. While the device is charging I cannot reboot. Since this is necessary for encryption, the file system is damaged after trying and as a result of this I guess the phone ends up in a bootloop. Anyone else with this experience or advices to fix that?

Ilja Repin

Oct 11, 2020
- Bootloop after encryption fixed ( I hope )

@mernurisha Thank you very much for trying to solve the problem of bootloop after encryption. Unfortunately, the problem still exists in my case. As I already mentioned, I think the problem is with the reboot function during battery charging. I also tried your AospExtended ROM V7.3 and the same problem seems to me exists with that ROM to.

ugynok

Apr 2, 2012
Hi, I'm trying to flash twrp provided by the thread, but i can't.
Need some help!!!

Hello! We cannot see your images.

An advice: Flash TWRP-3.4.0-0-serranovelte.tar , or root your phone and then install the twrp app, and finally install the twrp recovery from the app/from an older recovery.

ugynok

Apr 2, 2012
I "dirty" installed this 20201012 version on my "old" AOSP 7.3 extended.
So far so good!
I miss the "numeric battery meter" from the status bar, has the normal 17.1 this feature?

Ilja Repin

Oct 11, 2020
@mernurisha Thank you very much for trying to solve the problem of bootloop after encryption. Unfortunately, the problem still exists in my case. As I already mentioned, I think the problem is with the reboot function during battery charging. I also tried your AospExtended ROM V7.3 and the same problem seems to me exists with that ROM to.

I'm sorry, I was wrong. During the encryption process the phone showed the same behaviour as before. It broke down and did not restart by itself, but got stuck on the start screen. I removed the battery and restarted. In fact, the encryption was successful and there is no bootloop anymore. Many thanks to @mernurisha again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed.
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo.

Whats working?
    WiFi
    RIL
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    IR
    NFC
    Lights
    All Sensors
    Sound
    Mobile data
    LiveDisplay support
    Selinux Enforce

Installation instruction:

1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery TWRP-3.4.0-0-serranovelte
    3. Perform a backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Make a full wipe (system, data, internal, art cache, dalvik)
    5. Flash LineageOS
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps
    7. Reboot

Source code:
    https://github.com/lineageos
    https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916
    Download rom: lineage-17.1
    Download opengapps: opengapps

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][10.0][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS 17.1 [SERRANOVELTE GT-I9195I], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

Contributors
    mernurisha
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2021-04-18

Created 2019-12-08
    Last Updated 2021-04-18
    Just to be sure: this ROM is not being continued anymore?

First thing in this thread's title [DISCONTINUED] seems to say so. But, a new update was made available just 1 week ago. And it works well. So, I am also wondering.

Hi, guys. This isn't the end. There will be more rom updates later. For now, I need to take a break.
    I will even upload other Android 10 roms. For example PixelExperience-plus or others if you are interested.
    ;)
    New update lineage-17.1-20200119

New update with security patch level from january 2020 on the first page.

- Battery percentage indicator is working.
    - Opencamera instead of snap camera
    New update

- Security update from March
    - Sound improvements (Call sound is louder and no echo when speaker is on )

Download on the first page.
    New update

- Security update April-2021

Download on the first page.