• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10.0][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS 17.1 [SERRANOVELTE GT-I9195I]

Search This thread

pw16

Apr 2, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
Wonderfull rom, thanks mernurisha.

Only problem so far:
I can't download Netflix from the playstore.
Probably because Safetynet fails as reported by the "SafetyNet Helper Sample" app.

I haven't rooted my phone, no magisk, only opengapps.
Any ideas? Would Bitgapps work?

mernurisha

Oct 6, 2018
Wonderfull rom, thanks mernurisha.

Only problem so far:
I can't download Netflix from the playstore.
Probably because Safetynet fails as reported by the "SafetyNet Helper Sample" app.

I haven't rooted my phone, no magisk, only opengapps.
Any ideas? Would Bitgapps work?

Solution for Netflix does not appear in the Play Store

First, check the certification of Play Store.
In Play store, tipe on your avatar, go to Settings > About > Play Protect certification
You will see the Play store is not certified.

Solution:
1. First install Magisk
2. Enable Magiskhide
3. Recheck Play Store ( If it still says uncertified, go to app settings and wipe app Data or clear Storage for Play Store )
After this it should be certified and you can install and use Netflix ( also other apps, like Disney+)

I have opengapps installed.

Good luck

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210704-210603_Google_Play_Store.png
    Screenshot_20210704-210603_Google_Play_Store.png
    275.7 KB · Views: 28

MrGoodtunes

Nov 8, 2007
South Florida
When I try to install GAPPS it says "error 20" and it says that the ROM is android 9?
GApps need to be install'd before ever booting a newly flash'd ROM. If you've already flash'd and booted 17.1, then you can try what work'd for me; that is, use TWRPs feature allowing you to queue both ZIPs (the ROM you already flash'd and GApps) before you swipe the slide to install.

jezzdabezz

Jun 8, 2019
Nexus 9
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
GApps need to be install'd before ever booting a newly flash'd ROM. If you've already flash'd and booted 17.1, then you can try what work'd for me; that is, use TWRPs feature allowing you to queue both ZIPs (the ROM you already flash'd and GApps) before you swipe the slide to install.
I setup it without google then installed google and then factory reset, that made it work perfectly!

Reactions: MrGoodtunes

FKzen

May 16, 2021
Solution for Netflix does not appear in the Play Store

First, check the certification of Play Store.
In Play store, tipe on your avatar, go to Settings > About > Play Protect certification
You will see the Play store is not certified.

Solution:
1. First install Magisk
2. Enable Magiskhide
3. Recheck Play Store ( If it still says uncertified, go to app settings and wipe app Data or clear Storage for Play Store )
After this it should be certified and you can install and use Netflix ( also other apps, like Disney+)

I have opengapps installed.

Good luck

Thanks, but is there a chance to get play store certification without Root.
My bank app does not work with root because of security reasons.

pw16

Apr 2, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
Thanks, but is there a chance to get play store certification without Root.
My bank app does not work with root because of security reasons.
My GT-19195I has play-store certification without using Magisk. So that's unrelated to the Netflix problem.

The problem is most likely that our rom fails SafetyNet.
You can test the Safetynet status with this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scottyab.safetynet.sample&hl=en_US&gl=US

The Magisk-root method described by Mernurisha probably fixes Safetynet also, but I don't like to root my phone so I did not try that yet.

Dola-Shuvi

Aug 7, 2021
Thank you for maintaining this ROM mernurisha.
I have been using your LineageOS builds for the GT-I9195I for almost 2 years now and they work flawlessly. There are a few minor issues such as bluetooth randomly interfering with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, which can be solved by toggling bluetooth off and back on, and GPS eternally attempting to get a lock unless mobile data is turned on.

I did however encounter lots of problems when trying to (unsuccessfully) build this ROM myself for 5 days. After following the general directions of the LineageOS wiki guide on how to compile LineageOS for the GT-I9195, I always encountered issues whenever I tried running breakfast/lunch. I believe this is due to me not using the local_manifests correctly, but I can't seem to find any information about it online. My furthest attempt resulted in the device showing up in the lunch menu but it threw these errors when attempting to build:

Code:
$ lunch

You're building on Linux

Lunch menu... pick a combo:
     1. aosp_arm-eng
     2. aosp_arm64-eng
     3. aosp_x86-eng
     4. aosp_x86_64-eng
     5. lineage_arm-userdebug
     6. lineage_arm64-userdebug
     7. lineage_serranovelte-eng
     8. lineage_serranovelte-userdebug
     9. lineage_x86-userdebug
     10. lineage_x86_64-userdebug
     11. m_e_arm-userdebug

Which would you like? [aosp_arm-eng] lineage_serranovelte-eng
device/samsung/serranovexx-common/BoardConfigCommon.mk:26: error: cannot assign to readonly variable: PRODUCT_SHIPPING_API_LEVEL
19:01:11 dumpvars failed with: exit status 1
Device serranovelte not found. Attempting to retrieve device repository from LineageOS Github (http://github.com/LineageOS).
Repository for serranovelte not found in the LineageOS Github repository list. If this is in error, you may need to manually add it to your local_manifests/roomservice.xml.
device/samsung/serranovexx-common/BoardConfigCommon.mk:26: error: cannot assign to readonly variable: PRODUCT_SHIPPING_API_LEVEL
19:01:13 dumpvars failed with: exit status 1
19:01:15 dumpvars failed with: exit status 1

** Don't have a product spec for: 'lineage_serranovelte'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?

If possible I would greatly appreciate some instructions on how to compile this ROM myself.

pw16

Apr 2, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
My GT-19195I has play-store certification without using Magisk. So that's unrelated to the Netflix problem.

The problem is most likely that our rom fails SafetyNet.
You can test the Safetynet status with this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scottyab.safetynet.sample&hl=en_US&gl=US

The Magisk-root method described by Mernurisha probably fixes Safetynet also, but I don't like to root my phone so I did not try that yet.
Surprisingly, after installing the juli update and the latest opengapps now safetynet passes and Netflix shows in the playstore!
So no magisk needed to run netflix.

fassal

Dec 1, 2017
Thanks for this and the other ROMs!

Encryption works, however the flashlight is not functional right after.

Anyone else with that problem or any ideas about this issue?

Last edited:

fassal

Dec 1, 2017
I think I found another bug. After just once toggling airplane mode from the power menu the button gets unuseable. Toggling from the quick tiles still works. This applies just for LOS17.1 not 18.1. Not a very serious bug, though. However, if there is an easy fix I would appreciate that much!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New update is available. Download link on the first page.

- September 2021 security update
    New build is available.

- October 2021 security update
    @mernurisha
    Is it advantageous to run LN17.1 instead of 18.1?
    I only ask because you keep the older 17.1 updated although 18.1 runs error-free.

P.S.: Never tried 17.1.
    Advantages I don't know, that's only for people who prefer this version of android.
    I also use 18.1 myself.
    LOS 18.1 will also be updated soon.
    @mernurisha,on behalf of my uncle thanks again
    Thanks for this and the other ROMs!

Encryption works, however the flashlight is not functional right after.

Anyone else with that problem or any ideas about this issue?

Thanks for the advice. Will be fixed in the next build.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed.
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo.

Whats working?
    WiFi
    RIL
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    IR
    NFC
    Lights
    All Sensors
    Sound
    Mobile data
    LiveDisplay support
    Selinux Enforce

Installation instruction:

1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery TWRP-3.4.0-0-serranovelte
    3. Perform a backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Make a full wipe (system, data, internal, art cache, dalvik)
    5. Flash LineageOS
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps
    7. Reboot

Source code:
    https://github.com/lineageos
    https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916
    Download rom: lineage-17.1
    Download opengapps: opengapps

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][10.0][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS 17.1 [SERRANOVELTE GT-I9195I], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

Contributors
    mernurisha
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2021-10-12

Created 2019-12-08
    Last Updated 2021-10-12
    Just to be sure: this ROM is not being continued anymore?

First thing in this thread's title [DISCONTINUED] seems to say so. But, a new update was made available just 1 week ago. And it works well. So, I am also wondering.

Hi, guys. This isn't the end. There will be more rom updates later. For now, I need to take a break.
    I will even upload other Android 10 roms. For example PixelExperience-plus or others if you are interested.
    ;)
    New update lineage-17.1-20200119

New update with security patch level from january 2020 on the first page.

- Battery percentage indicator is working.
    - Opencamera instead of snap camera
    New update

- Security update from March
    - Sound improvements (Call sound is louder and no echo when speaker is on )

Download on the first page.
    New update

- Security update April-2021

Download on the first page.