• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10.0][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

AsD Monio

Aug 12, 2015
2okPze5.png

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

Introduction
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

What's working
  • It boots!
  • Display, touch
  • Audio
  • USB
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • RIL (IMS / VoLTE untested)
  • Camera (buggy)
  • NFC
  • Fingerprint scanner - Oreo modem firmware required
  • GPS
  • OTG
  • FM Radio
  • Treble - GSIs don't boot

Bugs
  • Camera (might be buggy; recording breaks after some time but should work right after a reboot)
  • SELinux permissive
  • GSIs don't boot

Installation instructions
  • Make sure you have: Oreo modem firmware and a 64-bit TWRP with treble and system-as-root support installed. Official TWRP by JarlPenguin recommended.
  • Download the ROM to the device's storage
  • Wipe: system, data, dalvik-cache, cache, and vendor in TWRP
  • Install the zip in TWRP
  • Install GApps if you fancy, OpenGapps recommended
  • If installing Magisk, reboot to recovery again first - otherwise it will fail at (un)mounting /system. This is a bug either in the Magisk installer script or TWRP.

Changelog
Newest build - 2020-08-24:
Code:
* ROM sources updated
* Updated camera HAL from deen Q
** fixes HAL3 one photo bug
* Reverted rear camera libraries
** fixes green tint when using the flash
** fixes image being too dark
* Reverted QMI blobs
** should fix GPS
* Reverted netmgr
** should make mobile data work with the reverted QMI blobs
Older builds:

Code:
2020-08-16:
* Removed compass HAL
* Corrected a file path for NFC removal
* Compass permissions are now removed from XT1792 and XT1795 - might fix ro.hw.ecompass being incorrectly set
* Updated media configs from aljeter Pie
* Vendor blob updates:
** libril*, libqmi*, libmdm*, netmgrd: from deen Pie - should fix mobile data
** libmot_gpu_mapper.so: from aljeter Pie
** libchromatix_s5k3p3* and libmmcamera_s5k3p3.so: from deen Pie - fixes all kinds of camera glitches in low light conditions
** some remaining camera blobs from our stock Oreo
2020-08-14:
* Vendor blobs updated:
** Reverted netmgrd and libdiag to deen Pie
** mm-qcamera-daemon from montana stock Oreo
2020-08-13:
* Updated netmgrd blobs
* Updated thermal-engine blobs
2020-08-12:
* Initial release

Downloads
Latest build:
lineage-17.1-20200824-UNOFFICIAL-montana.zip [MediaFire]

Old builds:

Sources
(branch lineage-17.1 in all the repos)
Device tree
Kernel source
Vendor blobs

Credits
Everyone who contributed to LineageOS 17.1 for the Moto G5 - the G5S device and vendor repositories are based on sources from that project.
Kernel source is based on the moto-msm8937 repository.
Code:
* The LineageOS team
* JarlPenguin
* wiktorek140
* KalilDev
Contributors to LineageOS 17.1 for the Moto G5:
* CodeZero
* m_vaisakh
* wzedlare
* vache
* kubersharma
* TeamMex
* nonesovile96
* FelipeRizzon
* ADHILR

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Moto G5S

Contributors
AsD Monio, The LineageOS team, JarlPenguin, wiktorek140, KalilDev, CodeZero, m_vaisakh, wzedlare, vache, kubersharma, TeamMex, nonesovile96, FelipeRizzon, ADHILR
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: stock Oreo modem firmware

Version Information

Created 2020-08-12
Last Updated 2020-08-12

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200812-182357_Nova_Launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_20200812-182357_Nova_Launcher.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 916
  • Screenshot_20200812-182410_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20200812-182410_Settings.png
    137.7 KB · Views: 904
  • Screenshot_20200812-182426_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20200812-182426_Settings.png
    112 KB · Views: 899
  • Screenshot_20200812-182438_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20200812-182438_Settings.png
    136.8 KB · Views: 851
Last edited:

Mutcholoko

Mar 25, 2018
THIS IS AWESOME!
Seriously, you're doing gods work in this community. I'll flash it right now!

---------- Post added at 06:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 AM ----------

OK, just flashed it and so far it is very fast! For some reason tho, the SIM card IS detected but I have "no service"... Tomorrow I'll try to remove and insert the SIM again to see if the problem solves, but I honestly don't think it will. I flashed this coming from ViperOS 6.6, and the signal was perfectly fine there. Anyways, this is a huge project and thanks again for keeping it up with the ROMs :)

Reactions: AsD Monio

AsD Monio

Aug 12, 2015
THIS IS AWESOME!
Seriously, you're doing gods work in this community. I'll flash it right now!

---------- Post added at 06:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 AM ----------

OK, just flashed it and so far it is very fast! For some reason tho, the SIM card IS detected but I have "no service"... Tomorrow I'll try to remove and insert the SIM again to see if the problem solves, but I honestly don't think it will. I flashed this coming from ViperOS 6.6, and the signal was perfectly fine there. Anyways, this is a huge project and thanks again for keeping it up with the ROMs :)

Thanks :) As for the RIL, I noticed that on the first boot it says no service for a little while, I get signal shortly after the "finishing update" notification disappears. Aside from that, it works fine on my XT1794, so I can't reproduce the bug. Please flash this zip and send me a radio logcat (adb logcat -b radio). The zip will set a prop on boot (persist.vendor.radio.adb_log_on) to make libril output to the logcat. Also please start the logcat while booting because I need to know what's going on when the RIL is starting.

GTb-zrrxaymbsg

does not load after installing xt1799-2

Sorry, but XT1799-2 is unsupported. It is like an entirely different device (montana_retcn, this ROM if for montana) and would require making a separate device tree, kernel etc. and a separate build just for it.

omonra2004

Jul 21, 2020
Thanks :) As for the RIL, I noticed that on the first boot it says no service for a little while, I get signal shortly after the "finishing update" notification disappears. Aside from that, it works fine on my XT1794, so I can't reproduce the bug. Please flash this zip and send me a radio logcat (adb logcat -b radio). The zip will set a prop on boot (persist.vendor.radio.adb_log_on) to make libril output to the logcat. Also please start the logcat while booting because I need to know what's going on when the RIL is starting.

Sorry, but XT1799-2 is unsupported. It is like an entirely different device (montana_retcn, this ROM if for montana) and would require making a separate device tree, kernel etc. and a separate build just for it.

It is a pity that the device that you can still buy a new one is not engaged in anyone. I put the previous build LineageOS some even worked in addition to the front camera and NFC.:(

GivFNZ

Jan 30, 2019
Campinas
Moto G5S

I'm using montana XT1792 and I can confirm that RIL is working, but I can't have mobile data access.

Attachments

• logradio.txt
    388.1 KB · Views: 19

AsD Monio

Aug 12, 2015
Nice work, I am going to test it, from our more known main Dev Jarl, I did find out this isn't treble tho

Maybe you should "Collab" in the future?

It definitely is treble, the ROM contains a vendor partition image (check the attached screenshot). It might not be fully working, we may need to tweak the VNDK or some other things in order to boot GSIs, probably move a bunch of vendor blobs around as well. And I'm pretty sure the new (well, it existed before but we didn't use it in Pie and earlier) /product partition will be an issue, since we don't have one and just put everything it's supposed to contain in /system. I have a (dumb?) idea though - use /cache, AFAIK it's only used for storing OTA packages on stock.

I'm using montana XT1792 and I can confirm that RIL is working, but I can't have mobile data access.

I forgot to test that, it is (or was) broken on my device too. I fixed it right now, so I'll try to get a new build uploaded soon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200813-142728_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20200813-142728_Settings.png
    122.9 KB · Views: 359

Mutcholoko

Mar 25, 2018

Do you have "no service"?
Also, I just checked and my IMEI is 0, but that was probably my fault. But it also doesn't make sense tho, I was on ViperOS 6.6 which is Android 9 and then flashed this right after. Shouldn't be considered as a downgrade.... I'll try to flash stock and then flash this again.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

It definitely is treble, the ROM contains a vendor partition image (check the attached screenshot). It might not be fully working, we may need to tweak the VNDK or some other things in order to boot GSIs, probably move a bunch of vendor blobs around as well. And I'm pretty sure the new (well, it existed before but we didn't use it in Pie and earlier) /product partition will be an issue, since we don't have one and just put everything it's supposed to contain in /system. I have a (dumb?) idea though - use /cache, AFAIK it's only used for storing OTA packages on stock.

I forgot to test that, it is (or was) broken on my device too. I fixed it right now, so I'll try to get a new build uploaded soon.

I have Montana too and I can't get data access too. Waiting for the build :)

Rush

Apr 19, 2019
neuss
OnePlus 5T
Also, I just checked and my IMEI is 0, but that was probably my fault. But it also doesn't make sense tho, I was on ViperOS 6.6 which is Android 9 and then flashed this right after. Shouldn't be considered as a downgrade.... I'll try to flash stock and then flash this again.
The "no service" thing, is "normal" for now, new build later

About full custom ROMs

Make sure, that IF you dirty flash, to flash from Lineage 16

If you want to switch to this, do a [Bold]Clean Install[Bold/]

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Introduction
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

What's working
The ROM has not been tested for very long, bugs may occur.
It boots!
Display, touch
Audio
USB
Wi-Fi
Bluetooth
RIL (IMS / VoLTE untested)
Camera
NFC
Fingerprint scanner - Oreo modem firmware required
GPS
OTG
Treble - GSIs untested
Everything else?

Bugs
SELinux permissive

Make sure you have: Oreo modem firmware and a 64-bit TWRP with treble and system-as-root support installed. Official TWRP by JarlPenguin recommended.
Download the ROM to the device's storage
Wipe: system, data, dalvik-cache, cache, and vendor in TWRP
Install the zip in TWRP
Install GApps if you fancy, OpenGapps recommended
If installing Magisk, reboot to recovery again first - otherwise it will fail at (un)mounting /system. This is a bug either in the Magisk installer script or TWRP.

Changelog

Downloads
lineage-17.1-20200812-UNOFFICIAL-montana.zip [MediaFire]

Sources
Device tree
Kernel source
Vendor blobs

Credits
Everyone who contributed to LineageOS 17.1 for the Moto G5 - the G5S device and vendor repositories are based on sources from that project.

Contributors
AsD Monio, The LineageOS team, JarlPenguin, wiktorek140, KalilDev, CodeZero, m_vaisakh, wzedlare, vache, kubersharma, TeamMex, nonesovile96, FelipeRizzon, ADHILR
Source Code:https://github.com/LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-08-12
Last Updated 2020-08-12
What is the theme/mod you used for that altered dark mode by the way?

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

@Asd Monio

Currently video recording is broken on any tested app. Including the stock camera

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

@AsDMonio

Did you ever have Google Play Problems btw?

(Some apps wouldn't display)

If so, how did you fix it?

AsD Monio

Aug 12, 2015
New build is uploading now, should be up in an hour or so.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

I have Montana too and I can't get data access too. Waiting for the build :)

If the IMEI does not show up (0 is probably default) then I think the mobile data fix won't help you. What exact device model do you have (XT179x)? I had to try a few different sets of RIL blobs (libril and libqmi) to get it working on mine, so maybe yours needs a different one. Also, you can try to wipe the modemst1 and modemst2 partitions (make a backup just in case). I did that on my device somewhere along the way.

What is the theme/mod you used for that altered dark mode by the way?

Swift Dark Substratum theme

Currently video recording is broken on any tested app. Including the stock camera

It turns out the updated libqmi (or libril) I used to fix the RIL also broke thermal-engine, which in turn broke recording. I tested the camera when the RIL was still fully broken, so I had no idea. Will be fixed in the new build.

Did you ever have Google Play Problems btw?

(Some apps wouldn't display)

If so, how did you fix it?

Nope, no Google Play problems here, and I never used that build. For this ROM, I used CodeZero's cedric device and vendor trees as base and those never had that problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ænimal

Mutcholoko

Mar 25, 2018
If the IMEI does not show up (0 is probably default) then I think the mobile data fix won't help you. What exact device model do you have (XT179x)? I had to try a few different sets of RIL blobs (libril and libqmi) to get it working on mine, so maybe yours needs a different one. Also, you can try to wipe the modemst1 and modemst2 partitions (make a backup just in case). I did that on my device somewhere along the way.

I have a XT1792, aka montana. I'll wait for your new build and see if it works. I'm guessing the problem ain't the rom itself, because now I flashed stock via Fastboot and my IMEI is non-existent there too... Anyways, thanks for your kindness

AsD Monio

Aug 12, 2015
New build is up
lineage-17.1-20200813-UNOFFICIAL-montana.zip
Changelog:
Code:
* Updated netmgrd blobs
* ^ fixes camera

I have a XT1792, aka montana. I'll wait for your new build and see if it works. I'm guessing the problem ain't the rom itself, because now I flashed stock via Fastboot and my IMEI is non-existent there too... Anyways, thanks for your kindness

If there's no IMEI even on stock, then I'm like 90% sure there is something wrong either with the modem data in your /persist partition, or the modem cache (modemst1 and modemst2). Check that you have dhob.bin, dhob.bin.bak and shob.bin in /persist/rfs/msm/mpss. If not, then we can't do anything, but you may still be able to run the modem on whichever ROM works with the modem cache you currently have. If you do have those files, check the permissions, especially owner user and group. On my device it looks like this in adb shell:
Code:
montana:/ # ls -l /persist/rfs/msm/mpss/
total 96
drwx------ 2 vendor_rfs vendor_rfs  4096 2017-08-09 05:56 datablock
-rw------- 1 vendor_rfs vendor_rfs 16384 2017-08-09 05:56 dhob.bin
-rw------- 1 vendor_rfs vendor_rfs 16384 2017-08-09 05:56 dhob.bin.bak
drwxrwx--x 2 vendor_rfs vendor_rfs  4096 1970-11-06 01:44 mot_rfs
-rw------- 1 vendor_rfs vendor_rfs     5 2020-08-13 18:31 server_check.txt
-rw------- 1 vendor_rfs vendor_rfs 43695 2017-09-01 09:38 shob.bin
montana:/ # id vendor_rfs
uid=2903(vendor_rfs) gid=2903(vendor_rfs) groups=2903(vendor_rfs), context=u:r:magisk:s0
montana:/ #
^ So if it doesn't say vendor_rfs vendor_rfs for those files you should run: chown 2903:2903 /persist/rfs/msm/mpss/{d,s}hob.bin*
If you have the files and setting permissions doesn't help on stock (Oreo, because Nougat had different user and group IDs), try wiping the modem cache in TWRP (adb shell or terminal):
Code:
# to backup to internal storage:
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modemst1 of=/data/media/0/modemst1.img
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modemst2 of=/data/media/0/modemst2.img
# to backup to external microSD:
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modemst1 of=/external_sd/modemst1.img
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modemst2 of=/external_sd/modemst2.img
# to wipe:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modemst1
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modemst2

Last edited:

Rush

Apr 19, 2019
neuss
OnePlus 5T
New build is up
Changelog:

If there's no IMEI even on stock, then I'm like 90% sure there is something wrong either with the modem data in your /persist partition, or the modem cache (modemst1 and modemst2). Check that you have dhob.bin, dhob.bin.bak and shob.bin in /persist/rfs/msm/mpss. If not, then we can't do anything, but you may still be able to run the modem on whichever ROM works with the modem cache you currently have. If you do have those files, check the permissions, especially owner user and group. On my device it looks like this in adb shell:

^ So if it doesn't say vendor_rfs vendor_rfs for those files you should run: chown 2903:2903 /persist/rfs/msm/mpss/{d,s}hob.bin*
If you have the files and setting permissions doesn't help on stock (Oreo, because Nougat had different user and group IDs), try wiping the modem cache in TWRP (adb shell or terminal):
deleted

Reason:
Turns out my carrier is an asshole and locked me out for not having filled up using a 5$ card :|

Last edited:

AsD Monio

Aug 12, 2015
@Some random Actually, you're right, mobile data is broken for me as well again. It must be this thermal-engine messing with the new netmgrd (once again, I tested mobile data before fixing the camera with the broken thermal-engine). I've updated the posts, I'm going to find a version that works and update again soon.

Rush

Apr 19, 2019
neuss
OnePlus 5T
@Some random Actually, you're right, mobile data is broken for me as well again. It must be this thermal-engine messing with the new netmgrd (once again, I tested mobile data before fixing the camera with the broken thermal-engine). I've updated the posts, I'm going to find a version that works and update again soon.
Wait, but it works for my friend (Giv)

Tf

Wait do you have XT1794 too? (RetEU, Europe Model)

GivFNZ

Jan 30, 2019
Campinas
Moto G5S
New build is up
Changelog:
Code:
* Updated netmgrd blobs
* ^ fixes camera

Code:
total 96
uid=2903(vendor_rfs) gid=2903(vendor_rfs) groups=2903(vendor_rfs), context=u:r:magisk:s0
Code:
# to wipe:

Camera crashes when I set to video mode. I didn't have problems with RIL anymore.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

Introduction

What's working
    • It boots!
    • Display, touch
    • Audio
    • USB
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • RIL (IMS / VoLTE untested)
    • Camera (buggy)
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint scanner - Oreo modem firmware required
    • GPS
    • OTG
    • FM Radio
    • Treble - GSIs don't boot

Bugs
    • Camera (might be buggy; recording breaks after some time but should work right after a reboot)
    • SELinux permissive
    • GSIs don't boot

• Make sure you have: Oreo modem firmware and a 64-bit TWRP with treble and system-as-root support installed. Official TWRP by JarlPenguin recommended.
    • Download the ROM to the device's storage
    • Wipe: system, data, dalvik-cache, cache, and vendor in TWRP
    • Install the zip in TWRP
    • Install GApps if you fancy, OpenGapps recommended
    • If installing Magisk, reboot to recovery again first - otherwise it will fail at (un)mounting /system. This is a bug either in the Magisk installer script or TWRP.

Changelog
    Newest build - 2020-08-24:
    Code:
    * ROM sources updated
    * Reverted QMI blobs
    ** should fix GPS
    * Reverted netmgr
    Older builds:

Code:
    2020-08-16:
    * Removed compass HAL
    * Compass permissions are now removed from XT1792 and XT1795 - might fix ro.hw.ecompass being incorrectly set
    * Vendor blob updates:
    ** libchromatix_s5k3p3* and libmmcamera_s5k3p3.so: from deen Pie - fixes all kinds of camera glitches in low light conditions
    2020-08-14:
    * Vendor blobs updated:
    ** Reverted netmgrd and libdiag to deen Pie
    ** mm-qcamera-daemon from montana stock Oreo
    2020-08-13:
    * Updated netmgrd blobs
    2020-08-12:
    * Initial release

Downloads
    Latest build:
    lineage-17.1-20200824-UNOFFICIAL-montana.zip [MediaFire]

Old builds:

Sources
    Device tree
    Kernel source
    Vendor blobs

Credits
    Code:
    * The LineageOS team
    * JarlPenguin
    * wiktorek140
    * KalilDev
    Contributors to LineageOS 17.1 for the Moto G5:
    * CodeZero
    * m_vaisakh
    * wzedlare
    * vache
    * kubersharma
    * TeamMex
    * nonesovile96
    * FelipeRizzon
    * ADHILR

Contributors
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-08-12
    Last Updated 2020-08-12
    New build is up:
    lineage-17.1-20200816-UNOFFICIAL-montana.zip

Changelog:
    Code:
    * Removed compass HAL
    * Vendor blob updates:

Video recording is still buggy - sometimes it works for hours and sometimes it breaks five minutes after booting. The camera app included is still Camera2, Snap is on my list of things to try out next.
    New build is up:
    lineage-17.1-20200824-UNOFFICIAL-montana.zip

Changelog:
    Code:
    * ROM sources updated
    * Reverted QMI blobs
    ** should fix GPS
    * Reverted netmgr

The recording bug still persists, and I had to touch QMI blobs yet again to fix GPS, so more connectivity-related bugs might appear.

@infinite4evr @rj12345 Thanks for reporting, both bugs should be fixed now.

@ARJNMRLON I can't reproduce this. Which build has this occured on? Have you clean flashed this ROM? If not, try a clean flash of the latest build. Please upload a logcat if the issue persists.

@DHDDS With today's build you should be able to use any HAL3-enabled camera app.
    New build is up
    Changelog:
    Code:
    * Updated netmgrd blobs
    * ^ fixes camera

Code:
    total 96
    Code:
    # to wipe:
    And I'm pretty sure the new (well, it existed before but we didn't use it in Pie and earlier) /product partition will be an issue, since we don't have one
    You actually don't need a separate /product partition, it infact causes more problems in GSIs than it solves