Here's my first effort at migrating the Nexus Stock custom ROM to the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4. It's very much a work in progress, but builds on strong foundational work by @rcstar6696.
- The system is based on @rcstar6696's LineageOS 17.1 with the latest Stock variant from OpenGApps.
- Boot logo and default wallpaper is from my Nexus series of custom ROMs for Android TV, and I'm using the Pixel boot animation with black background.
- Google's Pixel Launcher has been tweaked to include standard tablet layouts and default icon placement. (See attached screenshots.)
- The properties now correctly identify the device as a tablet, and so the Google Dialer and Messenger are no longer installed. I've also disabled the Emergency button, but SetupWizard still insists on reminding you to insert a SIM (sigh!).
- Releases are archived to Android File Host here.
- This is unofficial and unsupported, so the usual caveats apply. Since we don't flash the bootloader, you should be able recover from any problems...but nothing is guaranteed.
- Latest stable Google apps from OpenGApps Stock variant (20210327) with fix for Google News.
- Updated custom Pixel Launcher to match icon layouts for Nexus 7 (and Nexus 10 with display scaling set to Small).
- Updated to official TWRP v3.5.1 custom recovery.
- Updated to lineage-17.1-20210213-UNOFFICIAL-clover.
- Latest stable Google apps from OpenGApps Stock variant (20210311)
- Restored LineageOS Files (DocumentsUI), which is required by some apps for file management. Google Files is also still included.
- Latest Google apps from OpenGApps Stock variant (20201017)
- Switched to the Xiaomi OEM camera app from GoogleCamera v4.4, which still had some compatibility issues.
- Updated to lineage-17.1-20201011-UNOFFICIAL-clover.
- Latest Google apps from OpenGApps Stock variant (20201010)
- Initial build based on lineage-17.1-20200512-UNOFFICIAL-clover.
- Latest Google apps from OpenGApps Stock variant (20200630)
- Hold Vol Up during restart to enter TWRP recovery
- Tap Install, select your update (.zip file), and then swipe to install
- Factory reset with Wipe->Format Data. (Not necessary for incremental upgrades.)
- Reboot to system