• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10.0][UNOFFICIAL] Nexus Stock for Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 [clover]

Search This thread

Magendanz

Mar 25, 2008
Issaquah, WA
www.Vote4Chad.com
qPD09.png

Here's my first effort at migrating the Nexus Stock custom ROM to the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4. It's very much a work in progress, but builds on strong foundational work by @rcstar6696.

Notes:
  • The system is based on @rcstar6696's LineageOS 17.1 with the latest Stock variant from OpenGApps.
  • Boot logo and default wallpaper is from my Nexus series of custom ROMs for Android TV, and I'm using the Pixel boot animation with black background.
  • Google's Pixel Launcher has been tweaked to include standard tablet layouts and default icon placement. (See attached screenshots.)
  • The properties now correctly identify the device as a tablet, and so the Google Dialer and Messenger are no longer installed. I've also disabled the Emergency button, but SetupWizard still insists on reminding you to insert a SIM (sigh!).
  • Releases are archived to Android File Host here.
  • This is unofficial and unsupported, so the usual caveats apply. Since we don't flash the bootloader, you should be able recover from any problems...but nothing is guaranteed.

Downloads:

Change Log:
20210328:
  • Latest stable Google apps from OpenGApps Stock variant (20210327) with fix for Google News.
20210322:
20201018:
  • Restored LineageOS Files (DocumentsUI), which is required by some apps for file management. Google Files is also still included.
  • Latest Google apps from OpenGApps Stock variant (20201017)
20201011:
  • Switched to the Xiaomi OEM camera app from GoogleCamera v4.4, which still had some compatibility issues.
  • Updated to lineage-17.1-20201011-UNOFFICIAL-clover.
  • Latest Google apps from OpenGApps Stock variant (20201010)
20200701:

Instructions:
  • Hold Vol Up during restart to enter TWRP recovery
  • Tap Install, select your update (.zip file), and then swipe to install
  • Factory reset with Wipe->Format Data. (Not necessary for incremental upgrades.)
  • Reboot to system

Donations:
  • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.
  • I'm leveraging a ton of work done by @rcstar6696 for the LineageOS 17.1 build, so please show him some love here!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200702-011115_Pixel_Launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_20200702-011115_Pixel_Launcher.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 1,523
  • Screenshot_20200702-011131_Pixel_Launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_20200702-011131_Pixel_Launcher.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 1,531
Last edited:

blue whale

Nov 26, 2010
In LineageOS 17.1 on mi pad 4 wifi, there is a little section for xiaomi and then a section on thermals, but when i change those, the cpu frequency does not change, nor the governor.
Is it the same on Nexus ROM ?

25agosto

Oct 6, 2012
Varese
Can't install this. I get error 7 at flashing. I'm wrong? Is this for mi pad 4 wifi (non plus)? I wipe everything like always, i'm coming from carbon rom, i wanna try this, seems good, but....

Magendanz

Mar 25, 2008
Issaquah, WA
www.Vote4Chad.com
Can't install this. I get error 7 at flashing. I'm wrong? Is this for mi pad 4 wifi (non plus)? I wipe everything like always, i'm coming from carbon rom, i wanna try this, seems good, but....
The update script is looking for "ro.product.vendor.device=clover", which should be true on the latest LineageOS and Carbon. I am noticing now that the property is called "ro.vendor.product.device" on stock OEM, so I'll add that. I didn't pick up on the transposition last night, but I believe that "ro.vendor.product.device" is deprecated in API 28 and later.

Stand by for an update script update. :)

Reactions: 25agosto

25agosto

Oct 6, 2012
Varese

Magendanz

Mar 25, 2008
Issaquah, WA
www.Vote4Chad.com
Nice! Can't wait to test!
Okay, the link above has been updated. Since the actual build hasn't changed, I made it a "rolling update"...which is a sneaky term we used at Microsoft for silent updates with no version change.

Also, make sure you're using the latest TWRP for clover because that's what I've used for testing. We're up to v3.4.0-0 now. Some older versions might not map partitions to /dev/block/by-name or correctly handle system-as-root.

gaoxieen

Nov 12, 2016
New problem

That's because the update script is unable to read the vendor build.prop, which it needs to confirm it's on the target hardware. Did you erase it, by any chance?

Thank you for your reply. I format the data and install again. I think this time the script read the .prop.
But it shows

Failed to unmount /system_root: No such volume

So I checked system_root and it is blank.

1UJORXt.png

Last edited:

Vinnie1

Feb 27, 2006
Chrome and webview

- Confirming target device...
ui_print(): Failed to parse the argument(s)

Updater error:7
already use twrp 3.4.0-0

I tried several Roms as a base before installing this one (lineage, MiUi 12, EU dev) and finally installing on top of the latest cDroid worked ?.

Great Rom ?

I've had a problem with all the Roms I've mentioned above, and this one, when I load eBay.co.uk on Chrome, it crashes after a few seconds, think it's something to do with loading up webview, anyone else had this?

Have tried turning location off, and also using Chrome beta...

Magendanz

Mar 25, 2008
Issaquah, WA
www.Vote4Chad.com
Wow, I remember using your Beelink TV Box ROMs. I'd probably still be using a Beelink today if DRM hadn't ruined all of the China boxes.
Glad to see you here.
Yeah, it really is a shame how WideVine L1 and Netflix whitelists crippled those Chinese TV boxes. I made the switch to tablets for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019) and hopefully will have a little better luck at keeping the budget Android tablet segment alive. Right now it's probably more neglected than the Android TV platform was.

gorilla p

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2011
Milwaukee
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
OnePlus 9
Yeah, it really is a shame how WideVine L1 and Netflix whitelists crippled those Chinese TV boxes. I made the switch to tablets for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019) and hopefully will have a little better luck at keeping the budget Android tablet segment alive. Right now it's probably more neglected than the Android TV platform was.

Yeah after a lot of research, this tablet was arguably the best value available based on the hardware that you get for the money. I paid 168 for the WiFi version.
My only gripe was that immediately after, Xiaomi stopped supporting it. They released it and dropped it almost immediately. Luckily there has been decent custom ROM support to keep this thing alive.

For the TV boxes, I have both a MiBox 3S and an eMatic Jetstream 4K. I have been happy with the JetStream 4K. I just wish they would release something with better hardware, but not go overboard like the nVidia shield so it costs 180.
A L1 Netflix supported GT King would be perfect.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    qPD09.png

Here's my first effort at migrating the Nexus Stock custom ROM to the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4. It's very much a work in progress, but builds on strong foundational work by @rcstar6696.

Notes:
    • The system is based on @rcstar6696's LineageOS 17.1 with the latest Stock variant from OpenGApps.
    • Boot logo and default wallpaper is from my Nexus series of custom ROMs for Android TV, and I'm using the Pixel boot animation with black background.
    • Google's Pixel Launcher has been tweaked to include standard tablet layouts and default icon placement. (See attached screenshots.)
    • The properties now correctly identify the device as a tablet, and so the Google Dialer and Messenger are no longer installed. I've also disabled the Emergency button, but SetupWizard still insists on reminding you to insert a SIM (sigh!).
    • Releases are archived to Android File Host here.
    • This is unofficial and unsupported, so the usual caveats apply. Since we don't flash the bootloader, you should be able recover from any problems...but nothing is guaranteed.

Downloads:

Change Log:
    20210328:
    • Latest stable Google apps from OpenGApps Stock variant (20210327) with fix for Google News.
    20210322:
    20201018:
    • Restored LineageOS Files (DocumentsUI), which is required by some apps for file management. Google Files is also still included.
    • Latest Google apps from OpenGApps Stock variant (20201017)
    20201011:
    • Switched to the Xiaomi OEM camera app from GoogleCamera v4.4, which still had some compatibility issues.
    • Updated to lineage-17.1-20201011-UNOFFICIAL-clover.
    • Latest Google apps from OpenGApps Stock variant (20201010)
    20200701:

Instructions:
    • Hold Vol Up during restart to enter TWRP recovery
    • Tap Install, select your update (.zip file), and then swipe to install
    • Factory reset with Wipe->Format Data. (Not necessary for incremental upgrades.)
    • Reboot to system

Donations:
    • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.
    • I'm leveraging a ton of work done by @rcstar6696 for the LineageOS 17.1 build, so please show him some love here!
    The update script is looking for "ro.product.vendor.device=clover", which should be true on the latest LineageOS and Carbon. I am noticing now that the property is called "ro.vendor.product.device" on stock OEM, so I'll add that. I didn't pick up on the transposition last night, but I believe that "ro.vendor.product.device" is deprecated in API 28 and later.

Stand by for an update script update. :)
    Very beautiful, excellent work, very stable and excellent system👍