• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10.0][UNOFFICIAL] Nexus Stock for Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 [clover]

Search This thread

Rustdroid

I tried the rom loved it reminds me of a old Nexus tablet I had years ago but updated os. Had to go back to lineage because some apps need the default file manager. When the app ask for location of sdcard it says default file manager not installed. If you can add the default one and leave the Google one it would be great.

Magendanz

Mar 25, 2008
Issaquah, WA
www.Vote4Chad.com
When the app ask for location of sdcard it says default file manager not installed. If you can add the default one and leave the Google one it would be great.
Easy fix:

Downloads:

Change Log:
20201018:
  • Restored LineageOS Files (DocumentsUI), which is required by some apps for file management. Google Files is also still included.
  • Latest Google apps from OpenGApps Stock variant (20201017)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    qPD09.png

Here's my first effort at migrating the Nexus Stock custom ROM to the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4. It's very much a work in progress, but builds on strong foundational work by @rcstar6696.

Notes:
    • The system is based on @rcstar6696's LineageOS 17.1 with the latest Stock variant from OpenGApps.
    • Boot logo and default wallpaper is from my Nexus series of custom ROMs for Android TV, and I'm using the Pixel boot animation with black background.
    • Google's Pixel Launcher has been tweaked to include standard tablet layouts and default icon placement. (See attached screenshots.)
    • The properties now correctly identify the device as a tablet, and so the Google Dialer and Messenger are no longer installed. I've also disabled the Emergency button, but SetupWizard still insists on reminding you to insert a SIM (sigh!).
    • Releases are archived to Android File Host here.
    • This is unofficial and unsupported, so the usual caveats apply. Since we don't flash the bootloader, you should be able recover from any problems...but nothing is guaranteed.

Downloads:

Change Log:
    20210328:
    • Latest stable Google apps from OpenGApps Stock variant (20210327) with fix for Google News.
    20210322:
    20201018:
    • Restored LineageOS Files (DocumentsUI), which is required by some apps for file management. Google Files is also still included.
    • Latest Google apps from OpenGApps Stock variant (20201017)
    20201011:
    • Switched to the Xiaomi OEM camera app from GoogleCamera v4.4, which still had some compatibility issues.
    • Updated to lineage-17.1-20201011-UNOFFICIAL-clover.
    • Latest Google apps from OpenGApps Stock variant (20201010)
    20200701:

Instructions:
    • Hold Vol Up during restart to enter TWRP recovery
    • Tap Install, select your update (.zip file), and then swipe to install
    • Factory reset with Wipe->Format Data. (Not necessary for incremental upgrades.)
    • Reboot to system

Donations:
    • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.
    • I'm leveraging a ton of work done by @rcstar6696 for the LineageOS 17.1 build, so please show him some love here!
    Can't install this. I get error 7 at flashing. I'm wrong? Is this for mi pad 4 wifi (non plus)? I wipe everything like always, i'm coming from carbon rom, i wanna try this, seems good, but....
    The update script is looking for "ro.product.vendor.device=clover", which should be true on the latest LineageOS and Carbon. I am noticing now that the property is called "ro.vendor.product.device" on stock OEM, so I'll add that. I didn't pick up on the transposition last night, but I believe that "ro.vendor.product.device" is deprecated in API 28 and later.

Stand by for an update script update. :)
    Very beautiful, excellent work, very stable and excellent system👍