Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

LeSpark

Apr 20, 2017
@LeSpark You could try
1. fix this by flashing vbmeta (working sometimes) or
2. re-flashing 08/08 again or re-install a possible backup otherwise
3. you need to format data (not wiping) with the hope that you have backed up data before and go with a clean install

Thanks, but the vbmeta flash resultet in a "System has been destroyed" message
and returning 08/08 didn't fix it either.

I just wiped and installed the latest version.
No idea what happened there.

VickRedmi

May 30, 2020
I've had a problem similar to this one. In my case it was pretty stupid, there was some dust on the sensor so it was as if the phone was always against your face or a surface and you could only unlock it by pressing the power button. Make sure your phone and specially your sensors are clean.

Honestly the ROM works very well and I'm very happy with it. I haven't tried Bluetooth yet, but seems tarkzim is in the process of getting it fixed. Overall I think this is the best ROM I've tried since Kitkat days, so thanks a lot tarkzim!

Hello, thanks for your answer.
In my case there aren't any dust in the sensor. I do not use phone near my face during a call, I use it with headphones place in the table. The screen during a call, obviously, become black, but in some cases, when I touch it for restore the function, it doesn't response to my touch, I wake it only with power button. Any other suggestion?

and what do you think about other bug found by me?

by the way, I think this ROM is one of the best for Redmi Note 8. I try MSM (official and not), Syberia, RRemix, and Lineage OS is the only completly de-googled (I don't install any play store) based to AOSP project, so it is good for my purpose which is being completely google-free. There are some (explained before) bugs but 95% of the function are awesome, I need only last implementation: second Sim ringtone, with it, the ROM become perfect for me!

Last edited:

amir_k555

Mar 21, 2014
tehran
hi,
is there any way to have three finger slide screenshot gesture?
what about keeping wifi on during sleep?

Last edited:

usernaem

Apr 3, 2013
Hello, thanks for your answer.
In my case there aren't any dust in the sensor. I do not use phone near my face during a call, I use it with headphones place in the table. The screen during a call, obviously, become black, but in some cases, when I touch it for restore the function, it doesn't response to my touch, I wake it only with power button. Any other suggestion?

and what do you think about other bug found by me?

by the way, I think this ROM is one of the best for Redmi Note 8. I try MSM (official and not), Syberia, RRemix, and Lineage OS is the only completly de-googled (I don't install any play store) based to AOSP project, so it is good for my purpose which is being completely google-free. There are some (explained before) bugs but 95% of the function are awesome, I need only last implementation: second Sim ringtone, with it, the ROM become perfect for me!

I just got the phone a few days ago and I'm still not completely sure where the proximity sensor is, but I think it's not perpendicular to the screen like one would expect but is instead parallel, so if your phone is on a table it's likely either the table itself or some other object near the phone (even the headphones' cable!) could be triggering it. I have the opposite problem in this case: I don't like pushing the phone against my ear too much during calls and it causes the screen to turn on when I don't want it to because the sensor has trouble detecting me, lol. Regarding your other issues, I haven't used any of those functionalities yet so I can't provide feedback.

I also run a completely de-googled phone! In fact I basically bought this phone because I saw it had good community support. I wanted the Note 8 Pro for the hardware, but that phone looked really hard to work with and didn't have as good a community behind it. I can't believe how well the Note 8 works with this ROM and no Google. Last time I charged the phone was 3 days ago and I still have like half the battery left, lol.

Ace707

Jun 9, 2020
Does this rom support Xbox 360 wired controller?
if not
Do you know any rom that DOES support it?
Thanks!

tarkzim

Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2015
Kaohsiung
Sony Xperia Z
HTC One (m7)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200919-233323_DRM_Info.png
    Screenshot_20200919-233323_DRM_Info.png
    158.7 KB · Views: 171

VickRedmi

May 30, 2020
I just got the phone a few days ago and I'm still not completely sure where the proximity sensor is, but I think it's not perpendicular to the screen like one would expect but is instead parallel, so if your phone is on a table it's likely either the table itself or some other object near the phone (even the headphones' cable!) could be triggering it. I have the opposite problem in this case: I don't like pushing the phone against my ear too much during calls and it causes the screen to turn on when I don't want it to because the sensor has trouble detecting me, lol. Regarding your other issues, I haven't used any of those functionalities yet so I can't provide feedback.

I also run a completely de-googled phone! In fact I basically bought this phone because I saw it had good community support. I wanted the Note 8 Pro for the hardware, but that phone looked really hard to work with and didn't have as good a community behind it. I can't believe how well the Note 8 works with this ROM and no Google. Last time I charged the phone was 3 days ago and I still have like half the battery left, lol.

Hi, yes Lineage is the best ROM for de-googled the phone! By the way, the proximity sensor "problem" doesn't appear in original MIUI 11... but this is a minor bug. ROM are very smooth for everyday use!

chuckiebronco

Jul 16, 2008
Installed latest 11.0.11.0.PCXEUXM...

...not booting...

It gives me the lineage boot animation for 2 to 3 minutes and then reboots into TWRP...

Have you seen anything like this?

Thank you

I had the same. Seems like twrp is the culprit. It does not decrypt data, not even asking for decryption pin.

Switched to Orange fox Recovery, works as intended on my Devices. Cannot recommend twrp anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2F0P2Jr4UBq3oylukXtmWLCr2g5uc%3D%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fimg.xda-cdn.com%252FiwNWFQT0v0Ifj0t3YmF0fCG4gh0%253D%252Fhttps%25253A%25252F%25252Fimg.xda-cdn.com%25252FNEqGNs6rv5B0hFKzbB7Z_gXjqkY%25253D%25252Fhttp%2525253A%2525252F%2525252Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2525252FCyanogenMod%2525252FLineageOS.png

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    Introduction
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Bugs

What's working:
    • Boot
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera / Camcorder (Wide/Macro lens are working)
    • Hardware Encryption
    • Double Tap to Wake
    • VoLTE
    • Fingerprint Sensor
    • FM Radio
    • IR Blaster
    • RIL (LTE/Dual SIM/SMS)
    • GPS
    • WiFi
    • WiFi Hotspot (2.4Ghz / 5Ghz)
    • USB (ADB/MTP/PTP)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • Touch
    • Adaptive Brightness
    • LED Light - For Redmi Note 8.
    • NFC - For Redmi Note 8T.

What's not working:
    • You tell me.

Installation instructions

• Flash Mauronofrio's TWRP
    • Backup all your data (Important)
    • Wipe /system, /data and cache.
    • If you are coming from stock MIUI, flash vbmeta before booting the ROM.
    • Flash the ROM + GApps (Download link below)
    • Reboot

Supported models:
    • willow
    • ginkgo

Downloads
    Recovery : TWRP
    Vbmeta-disabled image: vbmeta
    Firmware : Latest Firmwares
    Gapps : Open Gapps 10.0
    Rom :
    Unified Build Download

Old builds:

Sources
    Device/Kernel/Vendor Tree: Sources

Donate
    DONATE To Me

Big Thanks
    • LineageOS Team.
    • @ash4win
    • @mg712702
    • @Dyneteve for his device/kernel/vendor trees, without him this won't be easy.
    • all RedMi Note 8/T contributors.

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17 for Redmi Note 8/8T, ROM for the Redmi Note 8

Contributors
    tarkzim
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock 9.0
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-01-04
    Last Updated 2020-08-09
    Changelogs

2020/09/17
    • Switch back to QTI Bluetooth library, might finally fixed the bluetooth.

2020/09/16 - Fixed
    • Updated with September security pathes.
    • Upstream updates and fixes.
    • Properly fixed the bluetooth problems and re-uploaded.
    • Based kernel on QuicksilveR and updated to 4.14.198.
    • Added Nintendo Switch Joy-con & Pro Controller support.
    • Sync Device/Vendor sources from trinket-dev org. (MIUI 12 Q Beta blobs)
    • Added Xiaomi Parts [Mi Sound, Display color calibrations supported].
    • Updated QTI Power HAL.
    • Support newer Redmi Note 8T model (19.39.0).
    • MIUI Camera updated.

2020/08/08
    • Updated to Android 10.0.0_r41 with August security patches.
    • Updated Kernel to 4.14.193.
    • Seems to fixed the rebooting issues.
    • Massively updated blobs from MIUI Q.
    • Switched to MIUI Camera port for 48MP/Aux lens.
    • Fixed FMRadio.
    • Bluetooth is broken in this build, investigating.

2020/06/08 - V2 Hotfix - V2
    Revert QTI telephony changes, fixes sim card detection.
    • Updated to Android 10.0.0_r37 with June security patches.
    • Updated Kernel to 4.14.183 with latest CAF and Genom kernel changes.
    • Bring back Ultra-wide and macro camera, use compatible GCAM or ANXCamera to use it.
    • Updated audio ACDB from willow V11.0.9.0.PCXEUXM.
    • Updated adreno/vulkan blobs to LA.UM.8.11.r1-03300-NICOBAR.0.
    • Updated thermal configs.
    • Updated LMKD configs.

2020/05/29
    • Updated Kernel to 4.14.182 and switched to Genom kernel.
      [*] Freezes / Heating problem seems gone now.
    • Added back missing Trust USB HAL patches.
    • Fixed screen recording/sharing green tint issues.
    • Minor device tree updates.

2020/05/15

• Switched source base to Mrinal Ghosh( @mg712702 ) 's trees.
      The build is unified for both ginkgo and willow now.
    • Updated to Android 10.0.0_r35 with May security patches.
    • Updated Kernel to 4.14.180 stable branch.
    • Updated Graphics/WFD/Perf/GPS/CNE/DPM and more blobs from Mi A3 Q release.
    • Fixed camera for some users. (Macro, Ultra-wide lens still broken)
    • Bring back Wifi-display.
    • SELinux is now Enforcing.

2020/04/12
    • Updated to Android 10.0.0_r33 with April security patches.
    • Fixed graphical jank issues.

2020/03/08
    • Updated to Android 10.0.0_r31 with March security patches.

2020/02/03
    • Fixed front and back main camera for almost everyone. (Aux camera still not working)
    • Properly fixed fingerprint service on all decrypted/encrypted device.
    • Added basic LiveDisplay options.
    • Attempt to fix charging LED for ginkgo (please test it)

2020/01/12
    • Updated to Android 10.0.0_r23 with January security patches.
    • Bring back battery icon customizations. (By LOS team)
    • Fixed a random reboot issue related to Huaxing touch panel which caused by touching fingerprint sensor while screen off.
    • Force enable VoLTE for all supported carrier.
    • Updated Display HALs.
    • Make Fingerprint service also available for decrypted users.

2020/01/05
    • Initial release for Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo) with LED lights support.

2020/01/04
    • Initial release of LineageOS 17.1 with Android 10.0.0_r18 and December security patches for willow.
    • Almost everything works including NFC, no UI lags.
    new build released

• Updated to Android 10.0.0_r23 with January security patches.
    • Bring back battery icon customizations. (By LOS team)
    • Fixed a random reboot issue related to Huaxing touch panel which caused by touching fingerprint sensor while screen off.
    • Force enable VoLTE for all supported carrier.
    • Updated Display HALs.
    • Make Fingerprint service also available for decrypted users.
    Screenshots

here!
    Is this no longer in development? It seems that way from the OP

Dude, read a few pages/posts back, then you will know that i'm not stopping it, i have my own life and i'm still testing stuff for this device under the hood.

BTW, I'm getting my own Redmi Note 8T (willow), and it will surely speed up the development.