• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10.0][UNOFFICIAL][Z00L][Z00T] Resurrection Remix

Search This thread

kyhou

Jun 28, 2017
Zenfone 2 Laser
Moto Z
so, recently I installed this ROM in my Z011D. I was not able to unlock the bootloader but was able to root it, only the A/B partition I was not able to make work (I believe it is because the bootloader locked).

As everyone is aware hiding root and stuff from apps is complicated now but is possible. However, in my Asus, I was not able to make it work.

It passes SafetyNet check and in Google Play says that the device is certified.
I tried using LSPosed and XPrivicyLua combo and it too didn't work.

Another problem I have is that when I try to hide the Magisk app itself, it generates the fake new app but the Magisk app stays there too.

Can someone here help me? I'm out of ideas of what to do.
Thanks!

adazem009

so, recently I installed this ROM in my Z011D. I was not able to unlock the bootloader but was able to root it, only the A/B partition I was not able to make work (I believe it is because the bootloader locked).

As everyone is aware hiding root and stuff from apps is complicated now but is possible. However, in my Asus, I was not able to make it work.

It passes SafetyNet check and in Google Play says that the device is certified.
I tried using LSPosed and XPrivicyLua combo and it too didn't work.

Another problem I have is that when I try to hide the Magisk app itself, it generates the fake new app but the Magisk app stays there too.

Can someone here help me? I'm out of ideas of what to do.
Thanks!
I don't think it affects this device, XPrivacyLua should be used with newer devices.

kyhou

Jun 28, 2017
Zenfone 2 Laser
Moto Z
@adazem009 I don't know if this is already known but, I was messing around with the configurations of the fone and I realized that when I adjust the Call volume my Z011D plays the tune. Doesn't that means that is possible to fix the sound issue???

888jonathan

Sep 23, 2013
Vancouver
Hello adazem, first of all thanks for the ROM, it makes my device lifespan longer! The ROM is smooth and stable.

I'm not familiar with development. Here's a problem I'm facing now. Whenever I use the ASUS camera app or GCAM, the app crash. I'm not sure if it's the hardware or software issue. Here's the log file, it'd be great if you could check it out.

Front camera was broken for a long time. Rear camera is the one I need your help with.

Thanks for your help!

P.S. My device is a Z00L Variant.

dawa23

Oct 13, 2021
hi, i have asus zenfone 2 laser z00ld, is this compatible with mine? and how do i flash this, im new to this thing. respect please.

NinjaCoool

Sep 23, 2013
Currently using this ROM, it's fast and stable. One thing I noticed though is that the Camera cannot save to SD card. Most importantly I also got Viper4Android FX working!

Last edited:

analog-interface

Jun 25, 2019
I've been using this rom on my Z00LD for like 15 days+ and I'll say, I'm impressed; it seemed like my phone just got a new life. Thanks to Lineage people for still keeping this phone around their kind consideration, and thanks to you @adazem009 for continuing on the rest.

I'll list some bugs that I've come through on my journey with the rom.

First clean-install version: RROS-Q-8.7.3-20210922-Z00L-Unofficial [September build]
Rooted: Yes [Magisk 23.0]
Bootloader Unlocked: Yes
Recovery: Custom [TWRP 3.5.1_9]
Chipset: MSM8939 [Snapdragon 615]

Install Procedure:
Clean /system, /data/[!media]*, /asdf, /cache ==> Flash RROS ==> Flash Magisk ==> Reboot ==> Complete Magisk Setup from dummy Magisk app ==> Reboot ==> Flash some Magisk modules ==> Reboot ==> On to using the phone as usual

<===================
key: B = minor Bug; MB = Major Bug; E = Enhancement fix
<===================

B001 [UGLY_AMBIENT_DISPLAY]:

Long music names pushes the clock upwards instead of pushing the date element downwards. This makes the whole look of the ambient display [aka Always On Display] hideous especially when clock style is set to "Samsung (Colored)" or "Samsung (Accent)". As far as I see it, this might be because date is "center aligned" and might be taking y-axis also in consideration for aligning itself.

MB001 [TIME_IS_NOT_SAVED]:
This is a major bug I've noticed. Time always reverts back to '2021-09-22 21:45' (probably the build-complete time) on every boot regardless whether time is manually set or or set to use network time. Other settings do stick through reboots or shutdowns.

B002 [NO_AOD_WHEN_CHARGING]:
AOD/Ambient Display doesn't show when charging although it is set to be so in "Resurrection Tools".

B003 [HW_NAVKEYS_REMAP_FAIL]:
Custom actions on long press and double tap on hardware navigation keys either don't work at all or kick in late than the default action. For example, "Kill Foreground App" mapped to "Long Press" on "Back Button" doesn't work at all, "Do Nothing" mapped to "Double Tap" on "Home Button" shows previous app on double tap, "Previous App" mapped to "Double Tap" on "Recents Key" splits screen on double tap and "Split Screen" mapped to "Long Press" on "Recents Key" lights up the torch on long press. However, if I double-tap it slow enough, it does work as intended, but long-press actions are almost always broken.

B004 [HUNG_DISPLAY_BRIGHTNESS]:
Sometimes after disconnecting from charger, (especially if some notification has been deliberately blinking notification LED) display brightness and notification LED both gets stuck. Brightness slider doesn't work, not even resetting the System UI works. I speculate it's something to do with "persist" (devs know what I'm talking about).

B005 [RANDOM_WIFI_DISCONNECT]:
Wifi gets disconnected randomly for odd reasons even when signal is "Excellent". For example, when using the phone in landscape orientation (like watching YouTube videos) or if some hindrances are between the router and me.

B006 [OVERHEAT_ON_CHARGING]:
This might escalate to major bug unless I'm convinced. Phone gets unusually hot during charging along with the wire even though it never pulls more than 7W from wall. I've been using AEX 6.7 pie before, charging wasn't capped by the kernel. My phone used to draw as much as 11W from the wall, still it didn't use to get hot like this, let alone the wire.

B007 [NON-INFORMATIVE_CHARGING_DISPLAY]:
Charging display while the phone is off is quiet non-informative. On stock rom, the green bar in the battery used to show how much it has charged, but here, the white bar always animates the same regardless of how much it's already charged. Moreover, the notification LED doesn't light up either, unlike the stock rom.

B008 [SLOW_BOOT_TIME]:
Boot time is quiet slow compared to stock rom. Almost more than half a minute passes away at the ASUS logo, then another half at the RR logo. This doesn't happen when booting to recovery (TWRP 3.5.1_9) though.

B009 [QS_TILES_CROSSING_QS_HEADER_FRAME]:
Unless set to 4 tiles-per-column, QS tiles almost crosses the QS header frame. This makes it look quiet disapproving.

B010 [LOW_TOUCH_SENSITIVITY]:
Touch sensitivity is quiet low. Not that it interferes with the work flow, but it's somewhat irritating having to tap 5-6 times for "Double tap on screen" to actually work. With "glove mode" set, now it's too high for me; I sometimes don't even need to touch the screen anymore for any touch to register, and hardware keys almost always work even when fingers don't touch it. This is as expected, but the default sensitivity is just not okay.

B011 [ADAPTIVE_ICON_SET_FAIL]:
Adaptive icons instead show "hexagons" when set to "Rounded hexagons". Reboots don't help either.

B012 [POOR_DRAW_PERFORMANCE]:
Sometimes animations really take a toll especially on "blurring" events or abrupt scroll events. Caching and other animations are all set to default. "Force HW Overlay" reduces it, but doesn't eliminate it completely.

B013 [MANGLED_STATUSBAR_NETSTAT]:
When alarm icon (or any other system icons) are present, network statistic widget almost overlap with other adjacent icons on the statusbar. Sometimes, it doesn't show at all on the statusbar but is present on the QS header.

B014 [BATTERY_DRAIN_ON_ALWAYS-ON_VPN]:
Battery drains almost half as fast when "Always-On VPN" is set than when VPN runs without it.

E001 [NO_BARLOW_FONT]:
I don't know about others, but I really use to like the grotesque Barlow font above anything else (even Samsung One). Unfortunately, despite being free, I wasn't able to find any FlipFont apk or whatever. Please do add this on the next build - pretty pleeeeeeaaaaaase.

Reactions: str4610

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rrlogo.png

Resurrection Remix Q

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

rrabout.png

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome

combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!

Special thanks to the LineageOS team, Omni team, SlimRoms and of course to all the supporters.

Bugs:​

• Same as in LineageOS 17.1 - loudspeaker is always on during calls.

rrinstall.png

Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(TWRP is the preferred recovery)
    Download the latest Resurrection Remix Rom & the latest GApps package
    Boot into recovery
    Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    Flash ResurrectionRemix Rom
    Flash Google Apps package(Optional)
    Flash Magisk Root(Optional)
    First boot may take up to 10 minutes.

rrdownload.png

ROM Download (Z00L)
    ROM Download (Z00T)
    GApps

rrsource.png

Resurrection Remix Source
    Device Source (Z00L)
    Device Source (Z00T)
    Common Device Source (for both devices)
    Kernel Source
    Vendor Tree

rrthanks.png

XDA Developers
    LineageOs Team
    AICP
    Crdroid
    AOSIP
    DU
    Xtended
    Evolution X
    Bliss
    Omni Team

Asus-MSM8916 team

And Of Course To All The Supporters, Donators And Users
    Join our Telegram channel : https://t.me/resurrectionremixchat

rrbugs.png

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time.

Download the MatLog app from the Play Store.
    After downloading the MatLog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into MatLog and stop the log recording.
    Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.

rrsocial.png

Device: Asus Zenfone 2 Laser/Selfie (Z00L/Z00T)
    Update
    Download (Z00L)
    Download (Z00T)
    • September 2021 security patch
    Really?? why is that?

Do you have any idea what can I do to make the fix work???
    September patches seem to have fixed these issues (but probably not in all ROMs). Wait for September update.
    The battery is draining too fast when compared to hovoc Is this due to the updation of my twrp to the lastest one or any rom problem ??

ALSO should post screenshots of this beautiful rom?
    @adazem009
    I don't have Z00L nor Z00T, so I can't take screenshots. RR is different than Havoc-OS and some processes are probably spamming the logs, which drains battery. Maybe I can debug it on Z00ED.
    Update - 06/23/2021
    Download (Z00L)
    Download (Z00T)
    • June 2021 security patch.
    • Switched to ICEY-S custom kernel.
    • Fixed loudspeaker issues.