[ROM][10.0][Xiaomi Mi 9][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS 17.1 CLEAN, STOCK [2020-07-10]

Search This thread

baggino

Jan 28, 2011
@ Photonmedia
it would be nice to have this function as there is also in the "iodéOS = LineageOS 17.1 + MicroG + adblocker" and that is - Swipe down to clear all in recent apps.-
I find it very useful

Phonelix

Oct 19, 2019
@ Photonmedia
it would be nice to have this function as there is also in the "iodéOS = LineageOS 17.1 + MicroG + adblocker" and that is - Swipe down to clear all in recent apps.-
I find it very useful

If you want extra features you should not use this STOCK ROM!

By the way, double postings are unwanted!

With Open Camera it's quite simple: To switch between the lenses, one has just to press the "Switch multi-camera icon" as explained on the Open Camera Help Page.

Yes! After an upgrade from your previous ROM to your current one the aforementioned button disappears and thus, switching between the lenses is no longer possible. :(

PS: Please note that the "Switch multi-camera icon" only appears when one selects "Camera2-API" in the Open Camera settings.

So I've been digging and I do not see any of the multi-cam settings in Open Camera. Today, though, I tried out UltraCVM by UltraM8 here and can confirm that there are options to enable additional lenses.

So far, I have tested the "Main" shooter and the Wide angle and both work.

savinity

Jul 30, 2020
Thank you first of all for the Build , i am using it since April 2020 is very good.

İ would like to update it.

İs it possible without data lost or completly fresh install? So i just upload the zip? And update?

or do i have tl install everything new?

thank you for the help and the work

Thank you first of all for the Build , i am using it since April 2020 is very good.

İ would like to update it.

İs it possible without data lost or completly fresh install? So i just upload the zip? And update?

or do i have tl install everything new?

thank you for the help and the work

Typically, dirty flashing is not recommended. I have not tested it, but I do have the OTA Update Zip that was built along with the July 10th build.

If you want to test this OTA Update, please BACKUP your data first! Then flash this via TWRP.
Again, this is untested by myself so I cannot guarantee it will work without issue.

July 10th 2020 OTA Update Zip

If you do test this OTA update method, any feedback is appreciated!

savinity

Jul 30, 2020
Thanks i will test this. Any recommendation for the backup or the software to do it ?

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

I did it over ADB Sideload and it worked fine ;) Thanks :) 10.07.2020 is the last release.

Thanks i will test this. Any recommendation for the backup or the software to do it ?

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

I did it over ADB Sideload and it worked fine ;) Thanks :) 10.07.2020 is the last release.

You could take a nandroid backup from TWRP.

Or use XDA Developer SayantanRC's Migrate tool. I've taken backups with iht but not tried a restore yet. It seems legit, though.

Either way if you end up in trouble, just re-flash the build that was working for you and then restore your backup.

savinity

Jul 30, 2020

Or use XDA Developer SayantanRC's Migrate tool. I've taken backups with iht but not tried a restore yet. It seems legit, though.

Either way if you end up in trouble, just re-flash the build that was working for you and then restore your backup.

I did it over ADB Sideload and it worked fine Thanks 10.07.2020 is the last release.

Reactions: photonmedia

antykat

Jan 14, 2012
Poland
Huawei P20 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 9

Migrate works great. I used it a few times without problems. I even made backup in AOSP rom and restored in MIUI and vice versa. It's very good and useful tool.

Wysłane z mojego MI 9 przy użyciu Tapatalka

M.WeWe

Feb 5, 2012
cairo
hello
I am stuck at fastboot or bootloop after following the installation step
I have tried several times here what I do
boot to fastboot then flash TWRP_V3.4.0.0
then reboot to recovery and Flash the VBMETA PATCHER
then reboot to recovery and wipe data, cache, system then flash
lineage-17.1-20200710-UNOFFICIAL-cepheus.zip
if I reboot to system now I get bootloop on mi logo
and if I did all the above with the extra step
to Format Data then reboot to system
i stuck in fastboot again and I have to unbrick with MiFlash &
cepheus_global_images_V11.0.6.0.QFAMIXM_20200420.0000.00_10.0_global_01caf423db.gz
I have tried three times till now
first time was cumming from miui 12 global
the other two from 11.0.6.0.QFAMIXM

do I have to flash V11.0.2.0.QFAMIXM from fastboot or Recovery at first?

Last edited:
hello
cepheus_global_images_V11.0.6.0.QFAMIXM_20200420.0000.00_10.0_global_01caf423db.gz

You should be starting with your device running MIUI V11.0.6 if you have not yet run an AOSP-based ROM on it.

Then you flash the VBMETA and TWRP both from Fastboot. I'm not sure of a VBMETA patcher that you would be flashing in TWRP.

Once you flash both of those in FASTBOOT, then boot into TWRP and do a base Wipe Data.

Flash the LineageOS build

Then go BACK into Wipe Data in TWRP and click the "Format Data" button. This will then require you to type 'yes' to continue.
If you miss this step, you WILL get bootloops.

Now you should be able to reboot system.

Install:
From TWRP:
1) Wipe Date (standard wipe)
2) Flash lineage-17.1-20200710-UNOFFICIAL-cepheus.zip
3) Format Data (Wipe -> Format Data -> type "yes"
3b) - OPTIONAL - Flash Magisk Zip for Root
4) Reboot to system

Reactions: M.WeWe

M.WeWe

Feb 5, 2012
cairo
MAN, thank you for this tip it boot now :good:
is Magisk dual Stereo Mod working ?

Last edited:
I'm wondering if there has been any progress with respect to this wonderful ROM since the last announcement dated 2020-07-10.
Is a new release within the range of vision?

I have not yet felt a need to compile a new version. The 7-10 build is still my daily driver.

I am in the process of putting together a new, faster PC. Once I have that done, I will build a new release.

Is there something specific that is included in LineageOS that you are having trouble with? I do not plan to add any additional features beyond stock LineageOS.

Phonelix

Oct 19, 2019
I am in the process of putting together a new, faster PC. Once I have that done, I will build a new release.

That would be great!

Is there something specific that is included in LineageOS that you are having trouble with? I do not plan to add any additional features beyond stock LineageOS.

The only one thing is still the problem that the LOS stock camera does not allow to switch between the lenses and to resolutions higher than 12MP.

Phonelix

Oct 19, 2019
Bug report

Is there something specific that is included in LineageOS that you are having trouble with?

Yes, I have trouble with at least one thing I'll explain in what follows.

Yesterday, I realized that the ROM shows a bug in the following set-up:
  1. The screen is turned off
  2. Two running apps are which are actively working in the background,
    e.g. a warning app (A) and a navigation app (B)
  3. App (B) has been started only after (A)
When now the most recently started app (B) tries to turns on the screen in order to report something the other app (A) is displayed in the foreground.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ** Standard Disclaimer: Unlocking your Bootloader will Void your Warranty. I take no responsibility for this or for any bricked devices. These thing should go without saying at this point, but there they are. If you are here, I assume you are familiar with LineageOS, TWRP, and moving from MIUI to AOSP-based ROMs**

**Download Link Updated to build 2020-07-10**

TL;DR:
    This is a Clean, Stock LineageOS Build for Xiaomi Mi 9 (cepheus) that does NOT include any GApps, MicroG, or Signature Spoofing.
    What you choose to add/modify after installing this ROM is entirely up to you.

All,
    I wanted to distance myself from Google as much as possible, so I decided to build LineageOS from the source.
    I used the LineageOS source they provide via GitHub, available here.
    I also use the Proprietary Blobs for the Cepheus Device Tree from Demon000's GitHub, available here.
    To get current version to build, I also needed to add the LineageOS/android_hardware_xiaomi source to my local manifest and use the repopicks Cozzymy13 includes in the OP of his ROM's thread. [Thanks k1l for and Cozzymy13 for pointing out these additions!]

The result is a stock build of LineageOS 17.1 for the Cepheus device. In the spirit of LineageOS, this does not include Signature Spoofing. You will need to use Xposed or some other method if you desire that functionality.

This also does not include MicroG or any other additional applications. This is pure LineageOS, built on 2020-07-10.

NanoDroid patcher works well for anyone who wants to add MicroG support. You will still need to use Xposed or similar if you want Signature Spoofing as NanoDroid does not offer a patch for Android 10 as of this build.

Feel free to provide download mirrors.

What Works:
    Pretty much everything from what I can tell
    Fingerprint Sensor it working like a champ so far.
    DT2W/DT2S
    NFC Seems to be working but I don't have a device to test against

Known Issues:
    You tell me...

Install:
    From TWRP:
    4) Reboot to system

Alternate Install Steps for Full MicroG with Signature Spoofing:
    From TWRP:
    4) Reboot to system (ignore any errors about missing Google Services)
    5) Reboot to TWRP
    6) Flash NanoDroid Patcher (either the Full package or you can customize per the instructions in the NanoIx link below)
    7) Reboot
    8) Install the Magisk Module for Xposed Framework and the EDXposed.ZIP as per the instructions in the Xposed link below)
    9) Reboot to activate the new Module
    10) Within the EDXposed App, Install the FakeGApps Module
    11) Reboot to activate the new Module

As everything I really care about is working in this build, I do not plan to devote much, if any, time to "supporting" this release. I just thought I'd share my clean 17.1 LineageOS in case anyone else is interested.

Download:
    LineageOS 17.1 Unofficial (Built: 2020-07-10) md5sum: 1c340fc16a6fbc7586d0a856acb9c600
    NanoDroid Patcher (optional): NanoIx
    Magisk Root (optional): Magisk
    XPosed for Android 10 - Magisk Module (optional): Xposed
    It's working after root and Hide in Magisk Manager. I was confused because it was showing up as "Incomaptible with device" in google play store, after rooting it's installed. Thanks!
    Could you send commands which you used to compile ROM? I have some free space on my home server, maybe I could set up Jenkins with auto building. Is it possible to get auto update working?

ThePiGuy already has a great overview of building for unsupported/unofficial devices here
    You'll need to install all the base requirements on your build distro before you proceed. This includes the adb and fastboot tools, the build packages, and the java versions as mentioned in this LineageOS build guide for one of their other Xiaomi "supported" devices.

What I post here is basically my method of pulling the relevant info from the two build guides above to get a successful build for the Xiaomi Mi 9 (cepheus).

I will say as for the Requirements, it really needs to be 16GB of RAM. I tried building in a VM with 8GB multiple times and it failed due to running out of memory. This could just be because I run on SSDs and do not use SWAP space/files...

When it comes to your Proprietary Blobs, I pulled mine from Demon000's Github Source
    You will need these repos, and we will cover these steps further down:
    vendor_xiaomi
    kernel_xiaomi_sm8150
    device_xiaomi_cepheus
    device_xiaomi_sm8150_common

When performing the "ccache -M $G" command I used:
    Code:
    ccache -M 50G

Now let's create your base folder where you want to make all the magic happen. Be sure to have plenty of storage available. In my case, I needed about 200GB.
    Code:
    mkdir -p ~/android/lineage
    cd ~/android/lineage

When performing your repo init commands, reference branch 17.1:
    Code:
    repo init -u https://github.com/LineageOS/android.git -b lineage-17.1

Sync the repo to your current working directory, in this case the lineage folder you created above (which should still be your working directory):
    Code:
    repo sync

This will pull down 100+GB of files, so this takes quite some time.

Following along, you should be in your folder called "lineage" where you ran your repo init and repo sync commands. In my case this is:
    Code:
    ~/android/lineage/

Attached is my manifest file called "cepheus.xml" that references the Demon000 github source.
    Place this cepheus.xml file here:
    Code:
    ~/android/lineage/.repo/local_manifests/cepheus.xml
    (creating the local_manifests folder if necessary)

Now you need to complete the build of your device tree.
    You will clone each of the four repositories above into their respective locations in the device tree:
    vendor_xiaomi -> ~/android/lineage/vendor/xiaomi/
    kernel_xiaomi_sm8150 -> ~/android/lineage/kernel/xiaomi/sm8150
    device_xiaomi_cepheus -> ~/android/lineage/device/xiaomi/cepheus
    device_xiaomi_sm8150_common -> ~/android/lineage/device/sm8150_common

Note: Be sure to check each of those four locations and make sure the contents of the repository are in those folders, not, for example: ~/android/lineage/device/sm8150_common/device_xiaomi_sm8150_common. You don't want the repo contents within that extra subfolder...
    In my case, I created the necessary directory structure and changed to that directory, then cloned the repo and moved the contents from the subfolder created by the clone operation into the correct location.

Code:
    mkdir -p ~/android/lineage/vendor/xiaomi/
    cd ~/android/lineage/vendor/xiaomi
    git clone https://github.com/Demon000/vendor_xiaomi.git
    mv vendor_xiaomi/* .
    rm -r vendor_xiaomi

Code:
    mkdir -p ~/android/lineage/kernel/xiaomi/sm8150
    cd ~/android/lineage/kernel/xiaomi/sm8150
    git clone https://github.com/Demon000/kernel_xiaomi_sm8150.git
    mv kernel_xiaomi_sm8150/* .
    rm -r kernel_xiaomi_sm8150

Code:
    mkdir -p ~/android/lineage/device/xiaomi/cepheus
    cd ~/android/lineage/device/xiaomi/cepheus
    git clone https://github.com/Demon000/device_xiaomi_cepheus.git
    mv device_xiaomi_cepheus/* .
    rm -r device_xiaomi_cepheus

Code:
    mkdir -p ~/android/lineage/device/xiaomi/sm8150_common
    cd ~/android/lineage/device/xiaomi/sm8150_common
    git clone https://github.com/Demon000/device_xiaomi_sm8150_common.git
    mv device_xiaomi_sm8150_common/* .
    rm -r device_xiaomi_sm8150_common

Now return to your base lineage folder:
    Code:
    cd ~/android/lineage

Now that you have init'd and synced your repo and pulled your proprietary blobs into their respective folders, you are ready to build with the brunch command:
    Code:
    export ANDROID_JACK_VM_ARGS="-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -XX:+TieredCompilation -Xmx4G"
    export USE_CCACHE=1
    ccache -M 50G
    source build/envsetup.sh 
    brunch lineage_cepheus-userdebug

For me, I have no idea how long this took to complete as I left it running overnight. I would imaging at least 4 hours on my i5 device. Once it's done, you should have a TWRP-flashable zip and an OTA zip in the ~/android/lineage/out folder.

Note: If after compiling for some time, the process fails with errors, it should provide you with information on how to track down the error. In my case, I ended up with it stopping with a failure a couple times, but I just re-ran the above brunch command and it picked up where it left off, eventually completing successfully. YMMV

I'm sure there are cleaner, simpler ways of going about this, but I'm just getting my feet wet with current Android source. I haven't really done any sort of Android "development" since the days of KitKat...
    BTW, to skip all the manual downloading of Demon000's device repo's, use this for your cepheus.xml local manifest:

Code:
    <manifest>
        <project path="vendor/xiaomi" name="Demon000/vendor_xiaomi" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
        <project path="kernel/xiaomi/sm8150" name="Demon000/kernel_xiaomi_sm8150" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
        <project path="device/xiaomi/cepheus" name="Demon000/device_xiaomi_cepheus" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
        <project path="device/xiaomi/sm8150-common" name="Demon000/device_xiaomi_sm8150-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
    </manifest>

"repo sync" will pull those down into the right locations.
    That said, I cannot even get updated builds to compile using the Markakash or Demon000 sources that I used in the first couple of builds I did. And my day job and homestead upkeep in my "downtime" does not afford me much opportunity to look into issues.

Look at the OP from Cozzmy13, he mentioned there what repos to use and what repopicks he uses. I stumbled over the hardware repo, too.
    hello

You should be starting with your device running MIUI V11.0.6 if you have not yet run an AOSP-based ROM on it.

Then you flash the VBMETA and TWRP both from Fastboot. I'm not sure of a VBMETA patcher that you would be flashing in TWRP.

Once you flash both of those in FASTBOOT, then boot into TWRP and do a base Wipe Data.

Flash the LineageOS build

Then go BACK into Wipe Data in TWRP and click the "Format Data" button. This will then require you to type 'yes' to continue.
    If you miss this step, you WILL get bootloops.

Now you should be able to reboot system.

Install:
    From TWRP:
    4) Reboot to system