[ROM][10.0][Xiaomi Mi 9][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS 17.1 CLEAN, STOCK + Signature Spoofing [2021-01-21]

Search This thread

photonmedia

Apr 1, 2009
Allendale
www.drunkentechblog.com
** Standard Disclaimer: Unlocking your Bootloader will Void your Warranty. I take no responsibility for this or for any bricked devices. These thing should go without saying at this point, but there they are. If you are here, I assume you are familiar with LineageOS, TWRP, and moving from MIUI to AOSP-based ROMs**

I've built a clean version of LineageOS 17.1 for Mi 9 that includes Signature Spoofing, but no other modifications.

This will allow those who are interested to get full MicroG support without the need of using any sort of Patcher or Magisk/XPosed Module. YOu all may have used my previous LineageOS Clean,Stock ROM and this is just an updated build of that ROM + Signature Spoofing to make life easier for those who want MicroG.

I flashed this and followed the simple steps of installing F-Droid, adding the MicroG Repo, and Installing the necessary packages via F-Droid and confirmed MicroG Self-check passes all the tests (once you finish granting the necessary permissions for each).

I prefer this over the NanoDroid or other patching methods as a much cleaner way to use MicroG with LineageOS.

Proprietary Blobs/Device Tree are DRG-Developer's as referenced in their post: here
Kernel source is by DRG-Developer: here
Xiaomi Hardware package used is the primary LineageOS from their github here

My reason for this is that there does not seem to be an officially-supported build for our device on the LineageOS for MicroG project or a recent, unofficial build.

What Works:
Pretty much everything from what I can tell
Fingerprint Sensor it working like a champ so far.
DT2W/DT2S
NFC Seems to be working but I don't have a device to test against

Known Issues:
You tell me...

Download:

Prerequisite:
Make sure you are running a current AOSP/MIUI ROM with the latest firmware flashed and TWRP Installed

Install:
From TWRP:
1) Wipe Date (standard wipe)
2) Format Date ---> 'yes'
3) push ROM zip to /sdcard/
4) Flash ROM zip
4b) - OPTIONAL - Flash Magisk Zip for Root
5) Reboot to system

If you want to to install MicroG, just follow the steps outlined here in the "Install" section to get F-Droid installed, add the MicroG Repo, and install the handful of apps needed. No need for any of the patching steps.

DRG-Developer's device trees were last updated on 2020-10-18 so expect this build to reflect that. So far everything seems to function very well.

Vogie

Aug 25, 2010
Does it support GApps too or it's only for MicroG?

Edit:
I test it and It's working well with GApps ;)
Thanks for your build.

Last edited:
Reactions: photonmedia

Vogie

Aug 25, 2010
Thanks for testing! If you find any bugs, please post them here. I may not be able to troubleshoot everything but at least other users will be aware.
Sure,
I'm using this ROM for daily use since yesterday and seems like very stable since now and battery life is good.
I missed `Internet Band-with Speed indicator` and `three finger swipe screen shot gesture` that I think these features are not available in LineageOS.

nico445

Apr 30, 2011
Hi,

I've just unlocked my device and flashed Mauronofrio's TWRP afer that, i've installed this rom. And everytime it seems to be bootlooping. Showing the MI logo and after that it turns off and goes back to the Mi logo again. I've tried flashing it a few times, wiping data / system ETC. At the moment I'm restoring it with flashtool to get it back working. But am I doing something wrong?

photonmedia

Apr 1, 2009
Allendale
www.drunkentechblog.com
Hi,

I've just unlocked my device and flashed Mauronofrio's TWRP afer that, i've installed this rom. And everytime it seems to be bootlooping. Showing the MI logo and after that it turns off and goes back to the Mi logo again. I've tried flashing it a few times, wiping data / system ETC. At the moment I'm restoring it with flashtool to get it back working. But am I doing something wrong?
Did you wipe data AND "Format" Data? When you Format data is asks you to confirm by typing "yes" in the TWRP Recovery. Try Wiping and Formatting data, then push the ROM to the phone and Flash.

nico445

Apr 30, 2011
Ah that was probably it. ADB Sideload wasn't co-operating so i've flashed the rom first and after that wiped + formatted the data. Thanks! I've just restored the phone but will try this later again.

Vinicius7

Jun 18, 2013
Your rom is really simple stock rom, but there is something that I can't make it work. Waze has been my pain, the map dont load and I cant make it run. Anyway you did a good job. You discovered how can we put updates in the rom?

photonmedia

Apr 1, 2009
Allendale
www.drunkentechblog.com
Hi, does screen off fod work?
No, you have to double-tap to wake or hit the power button to wake the screen before you can use the fingerprint scanner.

Your rom is really simple stock rom, but there is something that I can't make it work. Waze has been my pain, the map dont load and I cant make it run. Anyway you did a good job. You discovered how can we put updates in the rom?
After installing, did you Install F-Droid and enable the Magisk repositories to install the necessary Magisk Modules and Location Backends? Then in the MicroG settings ensure all the checkboxes are checked?

dmahtani

Jul 29, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 9
Thanks for making this ROM. Really appreciate it.

The only small issue I am noticing is that my finance apps (example: banking apps, stock trading apps) popup an alert saying that my device is rooted (even though it is not) and this could be a security risk. The apps do still function but its a bit annoying to see this alert every time I launch the app.

Is this because the ROM has been signed with public keys? This alert does not appear when I used the iode OS ROM for Mi 9 or when I use the official Lineage OS for MicroG ROM on my Mi 8.

photonmedia

Apr 1, 2009
Allendale
www.drunkentechblog.com
Thanks for making this ROM. Really appreciate it.

The only small issue I am noticing is that my finance apps (example: banking apps, stock trading apps) popup an alert saying that my device is rooted (even though it is not) and this could be a security risk. The apps do still function but its a bit annoying to see this alert every time I launch the app.

Is this because the ROM has been signed with public keys? This alert does not appear when I used the iode OS ROM for Mi 9 or when I use the official Lineage OS for MicroG ROM on my Mi 8.
I'm not sure. It could be the Signature Spoofing aspect. I don't think iode has that and I know stock LIneage does not.

Do you have Magisk installed?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does it support GApps too or it's only for MicroG?

Edit:
    I test it and It's working well with GApps ;)
    Thanks for your build.
    Thanks for testing! If you find any bugs, please post them here. I may not be able to troubleshoot everything but at least other users will be aware.
    Sure,
    I'm using this ROM for daily use since yesterday and seems like very stable since now and battery life is good.
    I missed `Internet Band-with Speed indicator` and `three finger swipe screen shot gesture` that I think these features are not available in LineageOS.
    Yes, I do not believe those are included in stock LineageOS.
    I didn't find any issue that relate to ROM, it's quite stable
    I just have a issue on ANXCamera self camera that force close the ANXCamera that I think is not related to ROM
    What Works:
    NFC Seems to be working but I don't have a device to test against

This morning I checked NFC by sending a picture from my MI 9 to my wife's Mi 9T (also equipped with LOS). The transfer was successfull!

Thank you very much for providing this clean (stock) ROM!
    Ah that was probably it. ADB Sideload wasn't co-operating so i've flashed the rom first and after that wiped + formatted the data. Thanks! I've just restored the phone but will try this later again.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone