[ROM][10.0][XZ2] Pixel Experience for Xperia XZ2 (akari) [AOSP][2020/02/21]

fastbooking

May 24, 2015
Toulouse

PixelExperience for the Sony Xperia XZ2 akari

What is this?
Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0

Whats working?
Wifi
RIL
Volte
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
Fingerprint reader
NFC
Lights
Sound / vibration

Known issues
Sony Open Devices bug tracker

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from Pixel Experience website (Xperia XZ2 Single Sim)
Download from Pixel Experience website (Xperia XZ2 Dual Sim)

Flash instructions and special recovery coming on Monday 24/02/2020

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Sony Specified Telegram channel
Our blog

Last edited:

Anti-root

Apr 27, 2018
City
www.meandros.com
flash instructions? i think twrp is needed and we currently don't have it
Detailed instructions on Pixel site. There are ROMs for many models, including 8314 and 8324. Yes, it seems that TWRP is needed, and it also seems that someone somewhere has managed to develop one for Q...

********** IMPORTANT: README **********
### Be sure to have the latest ODM, even when you get a OTA!!! ###
To get this ROM and the OTA updater to work fine, you NEED TO follow a few steps:
1. Download Androxyde's FlashTool
2. Flash the latest STOCK firmware for your device, in order to get a
bootloader bugfix for unlocked A/B
3. Before flashing this ROM through your favorite recovery environment,
you *HAVE TO* flash the latest Sony Open Devices binaries for
your device through fastboot. They cannot be distributed in this
zip package because you have to accept their EULA.
** Make sure you flash the Sony ODM image to both slots:
fastboot flash oem_a SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_(blahblah)
fastboot flash oem_b SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_(blahblah)
P.S.: If you get signature verification errors on TWRP, remember to
disable package signature verification in the TWRP settings!!!
Useful links:
## Androxyde's Flashtool: http://www.flashtool.net/
## Sony ODM binaries:
https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/downloads/software-binaries/

Reactions: nikkdib

Anti-root

Apr 27, 2018
City
www.meandros.com
Hey there ! On the previous -beta ish- builds, you have to decompile the zip and all to get the bootimage to flash the zip

Starting monday, I'll distribute a bootimage where you can go to aosp recovery, and flash the rom via sideload.
@Anti-root @nikkdib
Thank you! I am using Pixel ROM for my OP5, after trying all possible ROMS (there's many) and all possible kernels (there's many) and all possible cameras (there's many), and I can say that its simplicity and smoothness and speed are second to none! My battery drain when idle is 0.12% etc. etc. Let's hope that something similar is cooked for us here!

My XZ2C (H8314) is running android 9, it is rooted but without TWRP, since one has not been available for this phone, debloated, and running without the slightest problem. But, I would try the Pixel! (if you make it available also for the XZ2C).

Last edited:

fastbooking

May 24, 2015
Toulouse
Thank you! I am using Pixel ROM for my OP5, after trying all possible ROMS (there's many) and all possible kernels (there's many) and all possible cameras (there's many), and I can say that its simplicity and smoothness and speed are second to none! My battery drain when idle is 0.12% etc. etc. Let's hope that something similar is cooked for us here!

My XZ2C (H8314) is running android 9, it is rooted but without TWRP, since one has not been available for this phone, debloated, and running without the slightest problem. But, I would try the Pixel! (if you make it available also for the XZ2C).
Hey !

Well you have many ROMs available for your OP5 because people is using the same base for builds and it's very easy.

On sod we have an OSS tree.
Which gets constant upgrades and changes, this means that I'll build more than once a month.
Also there's special stuff to do, I'll write them on Monday when the needed oem release come out.

The advantage of this tree is that you can build any ROM pretty much very easily with minimal differences, just like other devices and it's with this process that I decided to settle for PE and maintain it

Reactions: Anti-root

fastbooking

May 24, 2015
Toulouse
It happened for the second time for the phone to charge normally without being disconnected regularly. I took logs this time maybe it's helpful to you.

https://mega.nz/#!mkERWKgR!txl1b2HYCtiUl_fKhoCWjQ3m1O1GpvngzwsUQWnDGRU

Sent from my Xperia XZ2 Dual (AOSP) using Tapatalk
Hi !

Thanks for the report, although, if you're using a Quick Charge 1/2/3 charger, it's normal because the charger tries to ramp up the voltage but the device refuses because those chargers aren't supported and it may damage your battery.
I recommend you using a standard 5V1A/1.5A charger or a USB Power Delivery charger.

Cheers !

Sep 13, 2017
Odessa
It's working. But I also have a trouble with a wireless charger. It just didn't charge. Phone says "Pluged, didn't charging". I'm using Sony official qc charger and mi wireless charger pad. Type c in is broken.
Charging working when phone is completely off or just boot up placed on wireless charger pad. But when charging pad disabled - charge stop and didn't work till reboot (it may work, but very-very rare, after many enable/disable wireless pad).

Also, sometimes image didn't smooth and kinda laggy. On stock it was normal.

Offtop: google pay also broken on PE. Magisk hide and props didn't working.

Added: Seems, google pay start working, but battery dissappearing before our eyes. Audio also Is interrupting on YouTube when screen is off.

Last edited:

wee2000

Aug 30, 2008
may i know how to flash this rom? as we don't have twrp xz2 for android 10?
i am aware of twrp for android 9 though. but how about the recovery for android 10?

shajk-00

May 6, 2015
may i know how to flash this rom? as we don't have twrp xz2 for android 10?
i am aware of twrp for android 9 though. but how about the recovery for android 10?
You have to unzip the payload.bin and get the various .img files that you will then flash through fastboot following the steps of any other android 10 aosp rom. Keep in mind that you'll have to flash the 17th of jenuary's oem files as the most recent ones do not work with this rom and you will end stucked in the sony logo

nikkdib

Oct 6, 2014
sorry a question; now we have a working twrp for android 10 tell me if these steps to install this rom are fine:
1)flash latest stock firmware
2)install twrp (SODP or STOCK version?)
3)with fastboot flash newest oem binary for our phone on slot a and b
4)reboot to twrp and flash the pixel experience zip without any wipe
5)reboot
ok?

thismeamirul.88

Apr 11, 2020
Somehow i managed to install this rom

- Flash version 52.1.A.0.618
- Unlock Bootloader
- Fastboot flash ODM slot_a
- Fastboot flash ODM slot_b
- Fastboot boot twrp (sodp)
- Twrp format all
- Twrp install from SD (PE 10+)
- Success

But the camera is s**k
Does anyone know how to install working gcam?

Reactions: Lusmat

logan123456

Mar 21, 2020
was there any battery problem

Somehow i managed to install this rom

- Flash version 52.1.A.0.618
- Unlock Bootloader
- Fastboot flash ODM slot_a
- Fastboot flash ODM slot_b
- Fastboot boot twrp (sodp)
- Twrp format all
- Twrp install from SD (PE 10+)
- Success

But the camera is s**k
Does anyone know how to install working gcam?
did you have battery drain problems

btw can you send the twrp image you used

mingzhenliu

Jan 26, 2018
So...this is my first time use sony,I alreay unlock the bootlocker and runing 52.0.A.8.50(latest9.0)
I don't know how to flash,could you help me?:crying:

matteopola

Oct 27, 2014
Sorry guys, i can't find a way to flash the latest firmware. I downloaded through xperifirm the latest but xperia xz2 is not listed in flashtools devices. Could I solve using newflasher? Please help me, I really like pixelexperience!!