• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10.0][XZ2] Pixel Experience for Xperia XZ2 (akari) [AOSP][2020/02/21]

Search This thread

ak101ss

Jul 6, 2014
Moto G
OnePlus One
Flashed it as per Pixel Experience's site instructions. Worked.

OTA updates work, Camera is as bad as everyone says, Cellular Network takes longer than usual to connect after restart/sim removal but these are manageable.

There is one bug that isn't. All my callers say that they can hear an echo of themselves while talking to me regardless if it's using the phone's mic/speaker or external headset (via usb-c).

Also the phone's microphone bugs out and I'm stuck using the speakerphone or external headset. Usually solved after a restart.

Anything I'm doing wrong or is it a known bug? Because the project has already discontinued and I don't want to jump to Android 11 as I know it's far from a stable beta stage looking at the SODP bug report page for Tama based phones.

If it's not fix-able, I'm gonna have to revert back to LOS 17.1

LineArc

Apr 26, 2013
The only reason for me not flashing any rom is raw support. I did read the whole thread and found that raw is supported but not with evidence. Can someone share camera 2 API probe screenshot please.

Zuyev

Aug 25, 2007
Bogoroditsk
Good day! H8266
When I try to flash recovery with the command "fastboot.exe flash recovery PixelExperience_Plus_h8266-10.0-20201121-0147-OFFICIAL.img" I get an error
Sending 'recovery' OKAY
Writing 'recovery' FAILED (remote: 'No such partition')

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey there ! On the previous -beta ish- builds, you have to decompile the zip and all to get the bootimage to flash the zip

Starting monday, I'll distribute a bootimage where you can go to aosp recovery, and flash the rom via sideload.
    @Anti-root @nikkdib

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for the Sony Xperia XZ2 akari

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Volte
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Sony Open Devices bug tracker

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website (Xperia XZ2 Single Sim)
    Download from Pixel Experience website (Xperia XZ2 Dual Sim)

Flash instructions and special recovery coming on Monday 24/02/2020

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Sony Specified Telegram channel
    Our blog

flash instructions? i think twrp is needed and we currently don't have it

Detailed instructions on Pixel site. There are ROMs for many models, including 8314 and 8324. Yes, it seems that TWRP is needed, and it also seems that someone somewhere has managed to develop one for Q...

********** IMPORTANT: README **********
    ### Be sure to have the latest ODM, even when you get a OTA!!! ###
    To get this ROM and the OTA updater to work fine, you NEED TO follow a few steps:
    1. Download Androxyde's FlashTool
    2. Flash the latest STOCK firmware for your device, in order to get a
    bootloader bugfix for unlocked A/B
    3. Before flashing this ROM through your favorite recovery environment,
    you *HAVE TO* flash the latest Sony Open Devices binaries for
    your device through fastboot. They cannot be distributed in this
    zip package because you have to accept their EULA.
    ** Make sure you flash the Sony ODM image to both slots:
    fastboot flash oem_a SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_(blahblah)
    fastboot flash oem_b SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_(blahblah)
    P.S.: If you get signature verification errors on TWRP, remember to
    disable package signature verification in the TWRP settings!!!
    Useful links:
    ## Androxyde's Flashtool: http://www.flashtool.net/
    ## Sony ODM binaries:
    https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/downloads/software-binaries/
    Thank you! I am using Pixel ROM for my OP5, after trying all possible ROMS (there's many) and all possible kernels (there's many) and all possible cameras (there's many), and I can say that its simplicity and smoothness and speed are second to none! My battery drain when idle is 0.12% etc. etc. Let's hope that something similar is cooked for us here!

My XZ2C (H8314) is running android 9, it is rooted but without TWRP, since one has not been available for this phone, debloated, and running without the slightest problem. But, I would try the Pixel! (if you make it available also for the XZ2C).

Hey !

Well you have many ROMs available for your OP5 because people is using the same base for builds and it's very easy.

On sod we have an OSS tree.
    Which gets constant upgrades and changes, this means that I'll build more than once a month.
    Also there's special stuff to do, I'll write them on Monday when the needed oem release come out.

The advantage of this tree is that you can build any ROM pretty much very easily with minimal differences, just like other devices and it's with this process that I decided to settle for PE and maintain it
    Somehow i managed to install this rom

- Flash version 52.1.A.0.618
    - Unlock Bootloader
    - Fastboot flash ODM slot_a
    - Fastboot flash ODM slot_b
    - Fastboot boot twrp (sodp)
    - Twrp format all
    - Twrp install from SD (PE 10+)
    - Success

But the camera is s**k
    Does anyone know how to install working gcam?