[ROM]-[10-04-2020]-[microG] Unofficial LineageOS 17 w/ microG support

oscarmaldonado

Mar 30, 2013
Savannah, GA
Hello everyone, I've never installed a MicroG ROM before and I just did, installed the right nanodroid from the link and my question is how do you sync contacts, bookmarks etc. from your google acct? Sync is turned off under google acct. and I can't even sync anything manually. Thanks in advance guys.

worstenbrood

May 14, 2008
Hello everyone, I've never installed a MicroG ROM before and I just did, installed the right nanodroid from the link and my question is how do you sync contacts, bookmarks etc. from your google acct? Sync is turned off under google acct. and I can't even sync anything manually. Thanks in advance guys.
I use davx to sync contacts and calendar.

Reactions: oscarmaldonado

prot0byte

Nov 16, 2020
Having issues booting into it

This ROM is good,,all work,,
I just installed this and mine is stuck in the LOS Boot graphic and never loads. I've tried it several times and each time a different build. I tried the one you linked above. I also tried one I built myself from the docker image. I also tried the one that is linked in this post. All just continue looping the LOS boot graphic. I tried both as this post outlines, and the way that the microg site outlines, which is basically just using the LOS documentation for the OP 7 Pro device. I also tried with TWRP and the official LOS recovery image.

I'm googling trying to find anything that might help. I'm running out of ideas of how to troubleshoot this boot loop. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a method/workaround/hack/whatever to get LINE Messenger to run under LOS 17.1 microG on a OnePlus 7Pro? That app normally needs Google access, but I'm hoping that perhaps someone might have come up with some sort of roundabout way to get it to run under microG on that device.

Thank you in advance.

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
In the OP, the installation steps include this:
8. Flash Magisk, flash NanoDroid
Is NanoDroid necessary, or just a desirable tool?

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, it seems like installing NanoDroid might be the most complicated step. If NanoDroid is not absolutely necessary, I'd rather just get going with microG, if possible, and save NanoDroid until later.

Thank you for any thoughts.

gigatex

Apr 7, 2013
In the OP, the installation steps include this:

Is NanoDroid necessary, or just a desirable tool?

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, it seems like installing NanoDroid might be the most complicated step. If NanoDroid is not absolutely necessary, I'd rather just get going with microG, if possible, and save NanoDroid until later.

Thank you for any thoughts.
Don't use this ROM, development on it is dead.

Reactions: HippoMan

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
Don't use this ROM, development on it is dead.
Got a recommendation on any other de-googled (with microg) roms?
I thought (possibly incorrectly) that "this ROM" referred to NanoDroid, because that comment was posted in response to a question I asked specifically about NanoDroid.

Or does "this ROM" refer to all 17.1 LOS microG based ROMs? ... or perhaps just the version for OnePlus 7Pro, which I mentioned in another recent message, and which the poster "gigatex" might have been referring to?

I, for one, am using LOS 17.1 microG with my Samsung Galaxy s5 (klte) with no problem, so I'm guessing that the comment does not refer to all LOS 17.1 microG ROMs.

Last edited:

gigatex

Apr 7, 2013
I thought (possibly incorrectly) that "this ROM" referred to NanoDroid, because that comment was posted in response to a question I asked specifically about NanoDroid.

Or does "this ROM" refer to all 17.1 LOS microG based ROMs? ... or perhaps just the version for OnePlus 7Pro, which I mentioned in another recent message, and which the poster "gigatex" might have been referring to?

I, for one, am using LOS 17.1 microG with my Samsung Galaxy s5 (klte) with no problem, so I'm guessing that the comment does not refer to all LOS 17.1 microG ROMs.
I'm just referring to this specific version I used to maintain in this thread for OP7 Pro, I don't speak on behalf of anyone else, just this thread.

EDIT: Removed all download links from the OP.

Reactions: HippoMan

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
I'm just referring to this specific version I used to maintain in this thread for OP7 Pro, I don't speak on behalf of anyone else, just this thread.

EDIT: Removed all download links from the OP.
Thank you for clarifying, and I'm glad to know that I shouldn't use the OnePlus 7Pro version.