[ROM - 10.1] BETA DIRTY-BEAN 4.2.X - Team DRH (Update 02/22/13)

Search This thread

fosser2

Apr 14, 2011
Wisconsin

CLICK PIC FOR TEAM HOMEPAGE

TeamDRH (Dirty Reset Hole) presents the first public beta for Android 4.2.X (Jelly Bean)
This new rom is the "stock" CyanogenMod 10.1 experience

Code:
#include <DRH_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Do you know what DRH is?
 * Yes? --> Flash away
 * No?  --> Go back to stock TnT
 */

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

HOW TO INSTALL

STANDARD DISCLAIMER:
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. By running this process, you agree that there is the possibility that you may brick your device. You agree that only you are responsible and no one else is responsible for supporting you if that occurs. BUT, we will try and help you get out of trouble, but you have to let us know. ;) Please note that this process WILL DELETE ALL OF THE CURRENT DATA on your gTablet. Be sure to have a reliable Titanium Backup copied to another media.

UPDATED NVFLASH: http://www.teamdrh.com/DRH-Downloads/DRH_NVFLASH_2013.zip

Windows Users Only.

1. Make sure your BATTERY IS FULLY CHARGED. Push and hold Power button and Volume- (down) keys at same time. The screen should go blank and you will hear an audible connection sound on PC if successful. XP Users - Go to your Control Panel, double-click System, click Hardware tab, and then Device Manager. Windows 7 Users - Go to your Control Panel, click System, select Device Manager link on left window panel. Under USB devices you should see the Nvidia device in the list registered without yellow exclamation mark.
  2. Open the folder created from the zip extraction and find the file 'NVFlash_gTablet.bat' and double-click. A command window will open. Watch the new command window to follow the NVFlash process. You should see partitions being created and partition images installing. If everything completes as designed, the tablet will restart on its own and auto-boot into recovery.
  3. The first thing you will see in the new recovery is 5 errors. Ignore them for now; they are because the cache partition has not been created yet. Scroll down to "advanced" and swipe right (to select). Scroll down to "partition internal storage" and swipe right 3 times. This will set up the NEEDED partition structure for the G-Tablet.
  4. This next part can be done two separate ways:
    The first way is via the external sd-card. Make sure your external sd-card is inserted in tablet and then go to "mounts and storage" / "mount usb storage." Take the ROM from "Extract_TeamDRH-DirtyBean-10.1/ROM" and copy that .zip file to the mounted drive. Eject the mounted drive on your computer and back out to the main menu. From there "install zip from sdcard" and then "choose zip from external sdcard." Browse to the location of the rom and launch the install. You will then be directed through a nice GUI to install the ROM.

The second way is via adb sideload (for those that don't have external sd-card). To install, ADB drivers must be installed first. If on Windows 8 follow this thread to reboot with driver signatures disabled. http://tinyurl.com/b2ukmwu If you are on 7 or lower you can enter control panel and right click on Malata/Unknown Device and browse for driver. Select the android_winusb.inf file located in "NEW_NVFLASH/WINDOWS_DRIVERS/ADB." Once the driver is installed it will be available even through rebooting. After the driver is installed in recovery select "install zip from sideload" and wait about 20 seconds before running the "run_me.bat" file. If all goes well you will see the command prompt box "pushing" the rom to the tablet. If the command prompt box goes away very quickly long press power on your tablet to turn it off and boot back into recovery again. Then reselect "install zip from sideload" and attempt it again. When the rom finishes pushing to your tablet it will auto-launch the installer.
  5. After the ROM is installed power off the tablet and go through the initial first boot. It normally takes around 5min for the first boot and about 30 seconds each boot after-the-fact. Remember as always a bake in period always helps as the tablet is still setting itself up and installing apps. Enjoy!

Linux Users Only.

If a script is giving you "access denied" make sure you give it "execute" permissions. You should use the sudo (root) command with the scripts to make sure everything goes correctly.

1. Make sure your BATTERY IS FULLY CHARGED. Push and hold Power button and Volume- (down) keys at same time. The screen should go blank.
  2. Open the folder created from the zip extraction and find the file 'nvflash_gTablet.sh' and double-click. A command window will open and click run in terminal. When prompted for sudo password enter it. Watch the new command window to follow the NVFlash process. You should see partitions being created and partition images installing. If everything completes as designed, the tablet will restart on its own and auto-boot into recovery.
  3. The first thing you will see in the new recovery is 5 errors. Ignore them for now; they are because the cache partition has not been created yet. Scroll down to "advanced" and swipe right (to select). Scroll down to "partition internal storage" and swipe right 3 times. This will set up the NEEDED partition structure for the G-Tablet.
    The first way is via the external sd-card. Make sure your external sd-card is inserted in tablet and then go to "mounts and storage" / "mount usb storage." Take the ROM from "Extract_TeamDRH-DirtyBean-10.1/ROM" and copy that .zip file to the mounted drive. Eject the mounted drive on your computer and back out to the main menu. From there "install zip from sdcard" and then "choose zip from external sdcard." Browse to the location of the rom and launch the install. You will then be directed through a nice GUI to install the ROM.

The second way is via adb sideload (for those that don't have external sd-card). To install, ADB drivers must be installed first. In recovery select "install zip from sideload" and wait about 20 seconds before running the "run_me.sh" file. If all goes well you will see the command prompt box "pushing" the rom to the tablet. If the command prompt box goes away very quickly long press power on your tablet to turn it off and boot back into recovery again. Then reselect "install zip from sideload" and attempt it again. When the rom finishes pushing to your tablet it will auto-launch the installer.
  5. After the ROM is installed power off the tablet and go through the initial first boot. It normally takes around 5min for the first boot and about 30 seconds each boot after-the-fact. Remember as always a bake in period always helps as the tablet is still setting itself up and installing apps. Enjoy!

Final Thoughts:
This build has been tested and running on some "unbootable" tablets. This is not a guarantee this ROM will work on your tablet. I said it before, but if you're not comfortable on using the DRH in the case of a hard lock up, don't flash this amazing ROM. Also this ROM is still going through the testing phase so there is most likely to be bugs.

If you like this project and appreciate the extreme amount of time that the devs put into this please donate:

Donate to TeamDRH: LINK

Other Credits:
  • Huge thank you to the CyanogenMod guys
  • Borkata (Adam Dev)
  • Whyberg (Malata T8 Dev)

screenshots.png

Last edited:

fosser2

Apr 14, 2011
Wisconsin
Changelog:

(2/22/2013)TeamDRH-DirtyBean-10.1.zip
  • Brand new 3.1.10 kernel rewritten from scratch
  • OC up to 1.7, at your own risk!
  • New battery driver (fully rewritten) LP1 (sleep mode) is working well
  • All new emulated storage structure, to match the proper setup as Google intended
  • /cache is now 300mb on internal storage, /system is now 400mb
  • Integrated automatic NTFS read support (possibly write support will be added in the future)
  • Device tree rewrite - Now fully synced with Cyanogenmod 10.1 Android version 4.2.2!
  • Mic now works
  • Camera might work (might also lock your tablet up)
  • SOD issue while plugged into PC is now fixed. You can let it fall asleep plugged into PC without fear!
  • Dock now has hdmi audio support as well as video, but it still has issues, use at your own risk
  • PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT let tablet fall asleep while docked and plugged into HDMI, freezing WILL occur
  • All new features from Google and CM working, including daydream, and expanded desktop
  • MUCH BETTER resistance to slowdowns and bogging down over time, but remember our lack of RAM!
  • Full GPS function for those who have done the internal mod
  • Reboot into recovery works now, but must be turned on in developer options (if you are stuck in recovery loop wipe /misc)
  • To access developer options, and OC options: go into settings>about tablet, and tap "build number" 7 times
  • New gesture based CWM 6.0.2.8
  • Bluedroid bluetooth
  • New zRam
  • Much, Much more that we can't remember.....

JEZZEJAMEZ

Jun 4, 2012
Detroit
Hope I waited long enough to post , just wanted to Say thanks to the whole team for the time and effort this project requires.
Are you going to be updating here as well as the other spot? Sd

Sent from my Malata SMBA1002 using XDA Premium HD app

Potimto

May 2, 2009
You guys are awesome!

[*]New battery driver (fully rewritten) LP1 (sleep mode) is working well

Does this solve the battery drain while the gtab is on standby? (All other gtab roms I've tried lose the battery charge overnight even though i put it to sleep/stand by) *crosses fingers*

xyzforum

Dec 29, 2010
anyone have this problem? if i have usb drive plugin, and then let gtab go to sleep, it will go to the "deep sleep" for which you have open the case and press the button on the back of circuit board? No pc is connected.

fosser2

Apr 14, 2011
Wisconsin
anyone have this problem? if i have usb drive plugin, and then let gtab go to sleep, it will go to the "deep sleep" for which you have open the case and press the button on the back of circuit board? No pc is connected.

For now it seems like deep sleep is hit-or-miss. It works fine on my tablet and many others. If you find that your tablet is SOD'ing then install a wakelock program to keep it from entering deep sleep.

Reactions: XDAForumLurker

z00mantwo

Dec 22, 2010
Well so far so good with this ROM. Nice and responsive with only minor lag.

Is there a way to switch the OS into a more tablet loking mode? Maybe with the build props?

nobe1976

Sep 11, 2011
The Darkside
Well so far so good with this ROM. Nice and responsive with only minor lag.

Is there a way to switch the OS into a more tablet loking mode? Maybe with the build props?

The only way to do this is to hack through the SystemUI and framework-res and change ahhhh a lot of strings and permissions. Since 4.2 version is more or less was built for the Nexus I am guessing this is going to be the new TabletUI look until one of those java kings hacks and makes those adjustments. Looking forward to test the Paranoid 4.2 ROM that is out and waiting to see if something comes out for AOKP.

JoeMofknDot

Nov 25, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
The way I fixed the issue was take the 4 screws out of the back pop the back off and press the reset button. Then I nvflashed and installed smoother bean I couldn't get it to boot if the tablet went to sleep at all. I'm not trying to talk **** about this rom I just couldn't get it to run stable on my tablet. I still appreciate the devs working on this if it gets updated I'll give it another try

I have the same problem, how can I wake it up? I tried long press the power button, doesn't work.
no respond at all. brick?

Reactions: muadeepmuadeep

bhavin66

Dec 8, 2010
Jersey City, NJ
SOD issues

I have the same problem, how can I wake it up? I tried long press the power button, doesn't work.
no respond at all. brick?

SOD.
I have the same issue. I use the DRH to reset it but as of now it is kind of annoying for me as it goes into SOD often.
other thing i have to ask is i could not find the "keep awake while charging" setting.

Last edited:

kylemacarthur

Feb 7, 2009
Best ROM yet for the Gtab

I have been putting ROMs in my Gtab for a long time. That said, I am convinced this is the best one yet.

I find this ROM to be smooth, have very little lags and has almost zero slowdowns.

Overall, five our of five stars. Congrats to Team DRH.

The only trouble I had was realizing the ROM is zipped in the file. Took me a few times, but the problem was eventually realized.

Again, congrats and thanks for the hard work...

Reactions: 1mikegee

JediBrooker

May 5, 2009
i had one of those dodgy gtabs that wouldn't install any of the previous Team DRH based ROMs. this ROM however works and im assuming it's something to do with the new kernel right?

spx2000

Jun 19, 2010
malata t2 here.
It stucks on the first boot screen forever (over 10 minutes.) Tried twice already and never finishes.

what should I do?:confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

CLICK PIC FOR TEAM HOMEPAGE

TeamDRH (Dirty Reset Hole) presents the first public beta for Android 4.2.X (Jelly Bean)
    This new rom is the "stock" CyanogenMod 10.1 experience

Code:
    #include <DRH_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Do you know what DRH is?
     * Yes? --> Flash away
     * No?  --> Go back to stock TnT
     */

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

HOW TO INSTALL

STANDARD DISCLAIMER:
    USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. By running this process, you agree that there is the possibility that you may brick your device. You agree that only you are responsible and no one else is responsible for supporting you if that occurs. BUT, we will try and help you get out of trouble, but you have to let us know. ;) Please note that this process WILL DELETE ALL OF THE CURRENT DATA on your gTablet. Be sure to have a reliable Titanium Backup copied to another media.

UPDATED NVFLASH: http://www.teamdrh.com/DRH-Downloads/DRH_NVFLASH_2013.zip

Windows Users Only.

1. Make sure your BATTERY IS FULLY CHARGED. Push and hold Power button and Volume- (down) keys at same time. The screen should go blank and you will hear an audible connection sound on PC if successful. XP Users - Go to your Control Panel, double-click System, click Hardware tab, and then Device Manager. Windows 7 Users - Go to your Control Panel, click System, select Device Manager link on left window panel. Under USB devices you should see the Nvidia device in the list registered without yellow exclamation mark.
    2. Open the folder created from the zip extraction and find the file 'NVFlash_gTablet.bat' and double-click. A command window will open. Watch the new command window to follow the NVFlash process. You should see partitions being created and partition images installing. If everything completes as designed, the tablet will restart on its own and auto-boot into recovery.

The second way is via adb sideload (for those that don't have external sd-card). To install, ADB drivers must be installed first. If on Windows 8 follow this thread to reboot with driver signatures disabled. http://tinyurl.com/b2ukmwu If you are on 7 or lower you can enter control panel and right click on Malata/Unknown Device and browse for driver. Select the android_winusb.inf file located in "NEW_NVFLASH/WINDOWS_DRIVERS/ADB." Once the driver is installed it will be available even through rebooting. After the driver is installed in recovery select "install zip from sideload" and wait about 20 seconds before running the "run_me.bat" file. If all goes well you will see the command prompt box "pushing" the rom to the tablet. If the command prompt box goes away very quickly long press power on your tablet to turn it off and boot back into recovery again. Then reselect "install zip from sideload" and attempt it again. When the rom finishes pushing to your tablet it will auto-launch the installer.

Linux Users Only.

If a script is giving you "access denied" make sure you give it "execute" permissions. You should use the sudo (root) command with the scripts to make sure everything goes correctly.

1. Make sure your BATTERY IS FULLY CHARGED. Push and hold Power button and Volume- (down) keys at same time. The screen should go blank.
    2. Open the folder created from the zip extraction and find the file 'nvflash_gTablet.sh' and double-click. A command window will open and click run in terminal. When prompted for sudo password enter it. Watch the new command window to follow the NVFlash process. You should see partitions being created and partition images installing. If everything completes as designed, the tablet will restart on its own and auto-boot into recovery.

The second way is via adb sideload (for those that don't have external sd-card). To install, ADB drivers must be installed first. In recovery select "install zip from sideload" and wait about 20 seconds before running the "run_me.sh" file. If all goes well you will see the command prompt box "pushing" the rom to the tablet. If the command prompt box goes away very quickly long press power on your tablet to turn it off and boot back into recovery again. Then reselect "install zip from sideload" and attempt it again. When the rom finishes pushing to your tablet it will auto-launch the installer.

Final Thoughts:
    This build has been tested and running on some "unbootable" tablets. This is not a guarantee this ROM will work on your tablet. I said it before, but if you're not comfortable on using the DRH in the case of a hard lock up, don't flash this amazing ROM. Also this ROM is still going through the testing phase so there is most likely to be bugs.

If you like this project and appreciate the extreme amount of time that the devs put into this please donate:

Donate to TeamDRH: LINK

Other Credits:
    • Huge thank you to the CyanogenMod guys
    • Borkata (Adam Dev)
    • Whyberg (Malata T8 Dev)

screenshots.png
    Changelog:

(2/22/2013)TeamDRH-DirtyBean-10.1.zip
    • Brand new 3.1.10 kernel rewritten from scratch
    • OC up to 1.7, at your own risk!
    • New battery driver (fully rewritten) LP1 (sleep mode) is working well
    • All new emulated storage structure, to match the proper setup as Google intended
    • /cache is now 300mb on internal storage, /system is now 400mb
    • Integrated automatic NTFS read support (possibly write support will be added in the future)
    • Device tree rewrite - Now fully synced with Cyanogenmod 10.1 Android version 4.2.2!
    • Mic now works
    • Camera might work (might also lock your tablet up)
    • SOD issue while plugged into PC is now fixed. You can let it fall asleep plugged into PC without fear!
    • Dock now has hdmi audio support as well as video, but it still has issues, use at your own risk
    • PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT let tablet fall asleep while docked and plugged into HDMI, freezing WILL occur
    • All new features from Google and CM working, including daydream, and expanded desktop
    • MUCH BETTER resistance to slowdowns and bogging down over time, but remember our lack of RAM!
    • Full GPS function for those who have done the internal mod
    • Reboot into recovery works now, but must be turned on in developer options (if you are stuck in recovery loop wipe /misc)
    • To access developer options, and OC options: go into settings>about tablet, and tap "build number" 7 times
    • New gesture based CWM 6.0.2.8
    • Bluedroid bluetooth
    • New zRam
    • Much, Much more that we can't remember.....
    Hey everyone,

As you probably know already, most if not all of the team members have moved on (including myself), and as the previous poster noted, you may have noticed some of the links to the ROMs are no longer working. This is because I am re-organizing the site. Due to the cost of hosting two separate sites, I have shut down the hosting for teamdrh.com and forwarded it to my site. I have however organized all the ROMs, NvFlash and Recoveries that I still have into folders for download. All the files can be accessed from http://the3dman.com/?page_id=371

Myself and all the Team appreciate the support you all have given us over the years, it really meant a lot to all of us, and was a lot of fun!

It is the nominal voltages set in the kernel that is causing the SOD in some devices. I lowered it a bit and fixed some timings for 1704 (which I doubt will be stable anyways). The changes are in fosser2's git in "overclock" branch.
    This fix has prevented any more SOD with this rom on my Gtablet. URL below the text. Tablet runs great now.

---
    You can work around the SOD by installing an App from the play store called Wakelock. Set it to Partial_wakelock.

The problem some roms are having is they sleep too deeply and can’t wake up. Wakelock keeps them at a state to where you can turn them on again. This solved all of my problems with SODs.
    ---

ht tp://raywaldo.com/2012/11/new-life-for-the-g-tablet/