I've the same issue. There is no dial tone after hitting the dial button. No idea how I can fix it.
What's the difference between the standard kernel and SilonT's?
I had the same problems as you have and flashing new kernel has fixed it (not a single freeze since then). I just dirty-flashed the newest SiLonT kernel (Richelieu) and that's all.
I have the same issue with this ROM on one of my devices and would like to fix it.
The official sources for surya version are available at https://github.com/silont-project/kernel_xiaomi_surya/
The XML is attached.
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.