• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10/21/11] |Vision-RunnyMede-Sense 3.5| (2.3.5) ||v1.3||

Search This thread

JassyNL

Feb 10, 2009
With the new ROM and Unity v9 kernel I can't regulate OC with OC/UV Beater.. Back to v1.2 :)

vgunmanga

Sep 16, 2007
Guelph
I have no hardware keyboard light at all with v1.3. Anyone else? Is it a setting or something?

Sent from my HTC Vision

Jan 13, 2011
i have a big issue on this sense rom , after i installed another launcher, e.g GO Launcher, ADW Launcher, Launcher Pro.
the notification of "Connect to pc" menu of status bar hasn't show up while i plug in the USB.
when i clear the default and return to sense launcher.
it come back. may i confirm the menu does belongs to the sense ?
i cannot use another launcher?

siulmagic

Jun 23, 2007
Bridgeport
i have a big issue on this sense rom , after i installed another launcher, e.g GO Launcher, ADW Launcher, Launcher Pro.
the notification of "Connect to pc" menu of status bar hasn't show up while i plug in the USB.
when i clear the default and return to sense launcher.
it come back. may i confirm the menu does belongs to the sense ?
i cannot use another launcher?

yea usb togle menu is kind off broken, choosing default action prior to connection , solves it most of the time.

H4rry

Aug 22, 2005
London~ish
thanks SiulMagic for the ROM. Am loving it so far.

I rooted my desire z months ago but never changed roms. So I now have lost my cherry (so to speak ;) ) with RunnyMede. This ROM is what should have shipped on the phones originally. It's excellent.

I have run in to a few issues. I have read thru most of the thread and didn't see an answer. So I'm throwing this out there.

1. Have found occasionally that the battery loses charge dramatically or rather the meter shows a large drop in charge. I am not sure which is right.
2. Today, my phone wouldn't charge. The phone just kept getting hotter with no charge building. I removed the battery, let it cool and no problems since.
3. The time is wrong. The time on the weather widget is correct but the time in the notification was different. Gradually over the course of a day it corrected. Just a bit weird.
4. I got in to either a boot loop or htc crash/ restart loop. Lots of messages about core process not responding. But when I got one message about the weather app not responding I chose to force close it and the boot loop stopped. I have gone all thru the options I could find to make sure the weather app is only called when I use it and not on every screen. The rom seems more stable now.

Points 1-3 could indicate my battery is buggered I suppose. I never had any problems before changing ROMs but then I suppose that doesn't really prove anything.

Point 4, the reboots are my one annoyance with the rom. I have managed to cut them down to about two or three sessions of boot loop per day but grrr.

I am a noob to all this changing of roms and if this has been discussed already on the thread, I'm sorry, I missed it.

Reading the above post, it does look very negative. I love this ROM. Thank you siulmagic et al. When this rom is working it is so smooth, so fast. I especially love the power down of the screen. Everyone wants to watch it again, "ooh just one more time".

Thanks man so much, for me this is the rom I will compare all others too. :D

cesarbric

Jun 30, 2010
WPB FL
First of all Thanks to Siulmagic for the excellent work he has done with this rom. Almost everyting works fine except for pushing and pulling files via adb, it does remount, let me remove apks from system/app but wont let me push or pull any kind of files, everytime I try got this message: cannot create './any_file_i_am_pulling': Permission denied, been using adb for awhile, not new to it, also it works on 1.2 version, actually using latest 1.3 of this rom. Thanks again for the fine job.
Does it on Windows but not on Mac

Last edited:

android602

Oct 22, 2010
phx
This rom is pretty cool except its so laggy..might be my phone but its so laggy.. i flashed unity kernel v9 to see if it would help..but its still so so laggy.. takes forever to open a n app

sent from g2

Last edited:

android602

Oct 22, 2010
phx
Does anybody know how to stop the HTC launcher from refreshing? every time I'm in a app or browsing the web and press the home button to go back to my home screen it refreshes, i don't have a task killer to kill the launcher..its very annoying.. any help?

sent from g2

vgunmanga

Sep 16, 2007
Guelph
Does anybody know how to stop the HTC launcher from refreshing? every time I'm in a app or browsing the web and press the home button to go back to my home screen it refreshes, i don't have a task killer to kill the launcher..its very annoying.. any help?

sent from g2

We don't have enough memory to keep it from getting booted out. You could try limiting the amount of widgets you use, that has helped me with the this issue.

GottaStayFly

Aug 11, 2010
Alberta
So does this rom support landscape rosie ? Is it better than Synergy? Thanks.
Sadly sense 3.0 and 3.5 do not support landscape mode.

sent from g2

Have you tried to uninstall some apps using Titanium backup? because if you remove some of the HTC widgets you don't use or apps it should allow you some ram left over so that the launcher can take it without being killed. another problem is that it could be that your using an app that requires a lot of ram thus the task manager has to kill the launcher for it to run.

android602

Oct 22, 2010
phx
Thanks guys for the quick feed back...well i downloaded another launcher..so far hasn't slowed down the phone or had any problems..but let see what happens

sent from g2

Top Liked Posts