[ROM][10][A5|7 2017] LineageOS 17.1 Official [WEEKLY]

Klaerchen

Nov 6, 2011
Stuttgart
Yeah it seems to happen on every aosp q rom (I think it might have happened on oneui pie as well but I can't remember for sure)
But (seemingly) not with every device. My A520F with LOS17.1 never shows this problem/behavior. When I switch off/on the phone or restart, then my WiFi connection gets reestablished, no problem.
The question is: What could be the difference? Some settings, location services active/inactive (I always have it active), WiFi recognition active with WiFi off (I do not allow this), Greenify (don't have it), ...

Mar 20, 2017
But (seemingly) not with every device. My A520F with LOS17.1 never shows this problem/behavior. When I switch off/on the phone or restart, then my WiFi connection gets reestablished, no problem.
The question is: What could be the difference? Some settings, location services active/inactive (I always have it active), WiFi recognition active with WiFi off (I do not allow this), Greenify (don't have it), ...
I remember when i first installed los17.1 and booted up my a5, i tested to see if hotspot works. It turned wifi off as expected. But after turning off hotspot, wifi refused to turn on again. Could be related idk

Jmackley

Aug 12, 2017
Do you have magisk installed?

swour

Jan 22, 2012
Hello. Please tell me, does google pay work for someone else? More precisely nfc ... Upd: map added, safety pass. But when you bring it to the terminal in the store, no reaction ... I think this is a problem in nfc. Help me, please...
After upgrading from LOS 16 to the latest 17.1 build I've made the same observation. NFC payments worked before but as you said while trying to pay now nothing happens.

Is there a way to fix this other than going back to LOS 16?

Freiberg

Jan 13, 2013
I blessed my A5 with LOS17.1 (no magisk) realizing that the phone does not go to deep sleep when screen turned off. Is there a) an option how to achieve deep sleeping with los oob kernel or b) another kernel I could use to extend my batt life?

Klaerchen

Nov 6, 2011
Stuttgart
I blessed my A5 with LOS17.1 (no magisk) realizing that the phone does not go to deep sleep when screen turned off. Is there a) an option how to achieve deep sleeping with los oob kernel or b) another kernel I could use to extend my batt life?
That's not what I experience. My A5 LOS17.1 has an overall ratio of about 65% deep sleep. That's not overwhelming but also not bad.
However if you activate always-on-display, then there is no deep sleep AFAIK.

Reactions: Freiberg

dotnano

May 8, 2017
Hey guys :)

First of all, thank you for this ROM :)

Only thing I have a huge problem is with the camera. If I use Threema video call, my cam freezes after a few moments. Always. Any idea how to fix this? I haven't found anything on the internet so far.

Another issue: hotspot doesn't work. I searched this thread and it says in OP, that it works and I found several posts, that a fix was done in the early builds. I use the latest official build and it doesn't work at all. And: I can't activate WiFi after trying the hotspot and I have to reboot the device to get WiFi working again.
Any ideas?

thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2019
On the build from December 17th I had no sound after flashing it over the existing system partition. Ringtones, media sound etc wouldn't work. The issue was fixed by formatting system and re-flashing the image plus magisk plus gapps and wiping cache after that. (Just wiping cache alone didn't help.)

During debugging the issue I went back to the Dec 10th build, where sound worked on the SIM PIN login screen, but the launcher wouldn't start. So be warned that you may not be able to downgrade from 12-17 to 12-10 without wiping data.

traegr

Sep 26, 2020
Hi, this is my first time flashing a custom ROM on a Samsung phone (A520F). According to the instructions it says that we need Odin installed, but the link for the installation instructions mentions Heimdall instead. So which is the one I need? Also, which build works best (or at least least buggy) for A520F?

Thank you in advance!