[ROM][A5|7 2017][11] LineageOS 18.1 Official [EOL]

Search This thread

draekko

Apr 22, 2013
draekko.com
FM Radio APP is not included and also not easy to integrate.
I have had working radio code, i never could get someone to explain the audio routing to get the last step working. But the radio works and i get radio text displaying with it. Without the proper audio routing it will never work. Also Samsung toggles a hidden kernel flag that can be easily exposed through an ioctl to be toggled by the app which is related to digital/analog audio. I have posted the code on github a long time ago if anyone wants to give it a try.

Reactions: Klaerchen

Option58

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2011
Serbia
I have had working radio code, i never could get someone to explain the audio routing to get the last step working. But the radio works and i get radio text displaying with it. Without the proper audio routing it will never work. Also Samsung toggles a hidden kernel flag that can be easily exposed through an ioctl to be toggled by the app which is related to digital/analog audio. I have posted the code on github a long time ago if anyone wants to give it a try.
Sorry, I didn't know how to help you there, I would have. Guess it's on you if you really want to get it working.
All that I know is that our audio hal is open source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung/tree/lineage-17.1/audio.

Krafte

Apr 18, 2021
Munich
Can you give the link to the repo? I would like to have a look at it.

while checking the battery optimization list i found out this weird numbered PID. Is this a part of the system or a malware itself.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210428-181617_Settings~2.png
    Screenshot_20210428-181617_Settings~2.png
    118.4 KB · Views: 63

draekko

Apr 22, 2013
draekko.com

draekko

Apr 22, 2013
draekko.com
Can you give the link to the repo? I would like to have a look at it.
https://github.com/draekko/android_packages_apps_FMRadio_silab not sure i still have the ioctl patch to expose the toggle for the kernel function to toggle analog/digital audio function but its not hard to modify the kernel for an extra ioctl call.

Edit: also the code is over 2 years old and probably needs to be update for newer versions of LOS.

Edit 2: If you'r feeling adventurous all the FM radio control code for Samsung is in the Crane.apk if you need to deep dive, their FM app is mostly just a UI frontend and does nothing special. All the magic is in the Crane.apk

Edit 3: that's where i found the reference for the extra hidden kernel io call to toggle the audio between digital/analog

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2092952

while checking the battery optimization list i found out this weird numbered PID. Is this a part of the system or a malware itself.

Don't think I've ever seen it but some folks figured out because battery status contain history, that it may be from an app you removed or is no longer identifiable so it can no longer show a name. That's of course only true if the name isn't saved by history. I have no idea what history is coded to do.

But going based on what they say it should go away after a full charge. If it comes back then...

You're on a custom rom. You should be able to get any info about it that you want even through terminal if UI presents nothing for you.

LeslieAndrew

May 8, 2021
First of all thank you for your hard work to bring Lineage OS for this phone. I bought a used A5 2017 (dual sim version) last week, and tested with stock ROM, then installed the latest Lineage OS 17.1.

I have only one problem. If I connect a headset to jack connector and use it for Telegram/Duo call, the sound is crackling. I can reproduce the problem: start LOS stock Music app, play some music (the sound is OK), then start Recorder app and record (the sound output is crackling).

It was OK with stock Samsung ROM, and it is OK with LOS + Bluetooth headset.

Has anyone run into the same problem? If yes, then how was it resolved?

Option58

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2011
Serbia
First of all thank you for your hard work to bring Lineage OS for this phone. I bought a used A5 2017 (dual sim version) last week, and tested with stock ROM, then installed the latest Lineage OS 17.1.

I have only one problem. If I connect a headset to jack connector and use it for Telegram/Duo call, the sound is crackling. I can reproduce the problem: start LOS stock Music app, play some music (the sound is OK), then start Recorder app and record (the sound output is crackling).

It was OK with stock Samsung ROM, and it is OK with LOS + Bluetooth headset.

Has anyone run into the same problem? If yes, then how was it resolved?

We have no definite solution for now. But I have described a workaround in FAQ in second post, if that is of any help to you.

draekko

Apr 22, 2013
draekko.com

draekko

Apr 22, 2013
draekko.com
https://github.com/draekko/android_packages_apps_FMRadio_silab not sure i still have the ioctl patch to expose the toggle for the kernel function to toggle analog/digital audio function but its not hard to modify the kernel for an extra ioctl call.

Edit: also the code is over 2 years old and probably needs to be update for newer versions of LOS.

Edit 2: If you'r feeling adventurous all the FM radio control code for Samsung is in the Crane.apk if you need to deep dive, their FM app is mostly just a UI frontend and does nothing special. All the magic is in the Crane.apk

Edit 3: that's where i found the reference for the extra hidden kernel io call to toggle the audio between digital/analog

I found my IOCTL patch from way back, still had the code tree from then on hand.

Attachments

• ioctl.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 15

draekko

Apr 22, 2013
draekko.com
Heads up! LineageOS 18.1 preview builds are now up in the third post of this thread.
What did you change to the device/kernel/vendor to get it compiling? Is there a patch or new code trees i can tinker with?

Also so far on my tiny old puter that i had dedicated for that it seems want to start with just 8gb of ram using -j1 on make and setting a 32gb swap file and setting the java heap to 6GB.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 18.1 Official for Galaxy A5|7 2017 [EOL]
    k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (r), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.​

What's working?

• Audio
    • Calls
    • Wifi
    • Hotspot
    • Mobile data
    • GPS
    • Bluetooth
    • Fingerprint
    • Hardware composer
    • OpenMAX (hardware encoding/decoding)
    • Camera (photos + recording)
    • NFC
    • Sensors
    • Vibration
    • Double tap to wake
    • Always on display
    • Software encryption
    • Sepolicy
    Security
    • We are shipping with enforced selinux policy.

Supported variants

All variants of Galaxy A5 (2017) and Galaxy A7 (2017). Dual SIM is also supported.

How to install
    1. Make sure you had Samsung's Oreo firmware bootloader and modem before installing this.
    2. Make sure you are using the latest official TWRP version.
    3. Download the lineage build and optionally google apps.
    4. In TWRP format data (if you still have stock rom encryption).
    5. In TWRP wipe data and cache.
    6. Flash LineageOS.
    7. Optional: Flash Google apps (rightafter).
    8. Reboot.

LineageOS updater will handle updates automatically (OTA).
    If you're flashing manually, it's okay to dirty flash.

Downloads

Unfortunately, Google has stopped providing android 11 with the new security patches, forcing LineageOS team to drop all legacy devices, that were still on android 11. This includes our device, too, as it's simply too old to get any newer android version as official. (old kernel, FDE is old encryption method etc.)

20240305 is the last official build there will be and I have re-uploaded it to several different mirrors.

A5 2017: MEGA | androidfilehost | wiki.lineageos.org | twrp.me
    A7 2017: MEGA | androidfilehost | wiki.lineageos.org | twrp.me
    Google apps (arm64): wiki.lineageos.org

Old builds:
    18.1 beta: mega
    17.1 last official: androidfilehost
    17.1 alpha/beta: androidfilehost
    16.0 last official: mega
    15.1 last beta: androidfilehost

Donations
    If you find the work I do helpful, you can support me by donating via this link.

Telegram
    There's a telegram group made by A5|7 users where we hang out. Feel free to check it out.

Credits
    Huge thanks to (a lot of people):
    • RaymanFX for the original work on lineage 14.1 and thus making this possible.
    • Forkbomb for contribution to original 14.1 sources.
    • Simon1511 for contributing to these devices via patches uploaded to lineageos gerrit.
    • Stricted, Danwood76, Fcuzzocrea, Ivan Meler and others for contribution to exynos platform.
    • SGTPresticle, Jmackley, Simon1511, Arno and others for doing the testing.
    • LineageOS Team
    • Me, for the infinite hours spent on this project. :p

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][11][A5|7 2017] LineageOS 18.1 Official [WEEKLY], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A Series 2017 A5 and A7

Contributors
    Option58
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_universal7880

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.140
    ROM Firmware Required: Samsung oreo firmware

Version Information
    Monthly

Created 2018-12-07
    LineageOS 18.1 is the last official version of LineageOS. The contents of this post have been moved to a new xda thread.
    FAQ
    Help my sim doesn't work
    Please read the installation instructions more carefully. Oreo firmware bootloader and modem is a must.
    You can find the collection along with the guide in this xda thread.

I'm sometimes having crackling sound when listening to music
    Turn off 'ok google now' functionality in google app settings. If you have troubles finding it you can as well go to settings>apps, find app called 'google' and disable microphone permission.

Does this rom support VoLTE?
    No. And it likely won't in the near future. Samsung's exynos VoLTE implementation is proprietary and non-standard. It is not possible on AOSP based roms for the time being.

I have weird issues with camera (wrong resolution, issues with flash etc.)
    Тhis could very well be an issue with the included camera app. Try a third party camera app.

My device fails to encrypt
    1. You were likely using older TWRP, update to the latest version
    2. Backup your data somewhere (external sd, pc...)
    3. In TWRP Advanced -> Format data.

My hardware keys light up whenever I touch the screen
    Navigate to Settings->System->Buttons->Backlight and tick 'Illuminate buttons only when pressed'. You might want to reduce time on the scaler to 1 second, too.

How to switch to full screen gestures
    1. Navigate to Settings->System->Buttons->Backlight and tick 'Enable on-screen nav bar'.
    2. Navigate to Settings->System->Gestures->System navigation and tick 'Gesture navigation'.

I need help with google camera
    Please see this xda post.
    New build up!

This one is huge. The changelog list is big and I've probably fixed more bugs in the previous 7 days than I did in the past 6 months.
    Lineage 17.1 for this device is getting better and a lot of bugs are squashed now. We can now declare this a beta!

All the changes for this build are now properly sorted and merged-in. You can easily find everything at github.com/LineageOS, build the rom yourselves and contribute with new code, if you are able to.

• Beta 3.0
      • Pulled RIL blobs from G965F Q firmware (more modern, fixes signal strength)
      • Fixed issues with connecting to RILD (fixes in-call volume, fixes echo in calls)
      • Updated GPS blobs from A720S P firmware (better signal, we are actually able to acquire a lock)
      • Updated fingerprint blobs from A720S P firmware (works more reliably, dropped all hacks)
      • Pulled sensors from A720F O firmware (cleaner)
      • Updated DRM to support Widevine L1
      • More HALs are binderized
      • Build FlipFlap (a flip cover app)
      • Fully written and enforced selinux policy
      • Latest LineageOS sources

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=304603
    Also I've just updated my sources so you can fully build the rom again.

I've tested some roms like PixelExperience today on my device. It's not bad with the added 'google' feel to it. Later I might test RR and others.
    All that I'm asking from both developers and users is please be clear that these roms are based on LineageOS. Meaning that most of the hard work that actually got them to work was done here, on LineageOS. And unfortunately most of the issues they are facing as well :p Work was done by RaymanFX, forkbomb, and in the latest days by me. Not respecting this makes me less motivated to keep working on the device.

Cheers :highfive: