• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10] Android Open Source Illusion Project (25 April) [Perseus][Unofficial]

Search This thread

Der Held

Jul 8, 2019
Munich
Hi,

so I just updated from 2nd April release to the newest, but my gesture navigation stopped working somehow. I couldn't even find the setting to disable it. It seemed gone. Luckily, I've made a TWRP Backup before updating. Hopefully this will restore functionality. I think I'll wait for the next update, because I've read about other problems being present in this release. I hope it'll get fixed soon.

Since it is my 18th birthday I don't really want to try another update.

How do I even correctly update the ROM.

I dirty-flashed the new image with magisk going right after it.
Then I realized that the Gapps stopped working.
So I updated the Gapps afterwards, which didn't seem to work, because all Gapps got somehow uninstalled altogether.

Do I have to flash the ROM, then Gapps, then Magisk in order to properly update the ROM?

Thanks in advance.

Tamsy

Mar 10, 2008
Hi,

so I just updated from 2nd April release to the newest, but my gesture navigation stopped working somehow. I couldn't even find the setting to disable it. It seemed gone. Luckily, I've made a TWRP Backup before updating. Hopefully this will restore functionality. I think I'll wait for the next update, because I've read about other problems being present in this release. I hope it'll get fixed soon.

Since it is my 18th birthday I don't really want to try another update.

How do I even correctly update the ROM.

I dirty-flashed the new image with magisk going right after it.
Then I realized that the Gapps stopped working.
So I updated the Gapps afterwards, which didn't seem to work, because all Gapps got somehow uninstalled altogether.

Do I have to flash the ROM, then Gapps, then Magisk in order to properly update the ROM?

Thanks in advance.

Dirty flash does not work when upgrading from 20200402 but will produce exactly the errors you are describing.
I went through this too with one of the MiMix 3 devices here which runs on AOSIP. I advise you do a clean flash only.

As for how to install/upgrade a Custom ROM the safe way (well tested) on different Xiaomi-devices and different ROM-versions:

1. Reboot into Recovery.
2. Factory Reset.
3. Format data!
4. Reboot into Recovery again.
5. Flash xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMix3_V10.3.3.0.PEECNXM_v10-9 from here.
6. Boot into system and do the initial setup.
7. Reboot into Recovery.
8. Factory Reset.
9. Format data!
10. Reboot into Recovery again.
11. Flash the latest AOSIP-ROM.
12. Flash Gapps of your choice but note that is has to be for Android 10 arm64!
13. Boot into system and finish the initial Setup.
14. Reboot into Recovery again.
15. Install Magisk-v20.4 (Beta).
16. Wipe Dalvik and reboot.
Enjoy!

If you are coming from an Android 10 based ROM you can leave out steps 5 to 10.

Der Held

Jul 8, 2019
Munich
Dirty flash does not work when upgrading from 20200402 but will produce exactly the errors you are describing.
I went through this too with one of the MiMix 3 devices here which runs on AOSIP. I advise you do a clean flash only.

I also tried a clean flash with the newest version of the ROM and again: The gesture navigation wasn't working. The option to turn it on in settings wasn't there either. So now I am stuck with a somewhat buggy installation, where the only working notifications are from WhatsApp.

Can anyone confirm the gesture navigation thing?

I don't know if I should wait for another update, or try out another ROM. I really liked this ROM though.

Tamsy

Mar 10, 2008
I also tried a clean flash with the newest version of the ROM and again: The gesture navigation wasn't working. The option to turn it on in settings wasn't there either. So now I am stuck with a somewhat buggy installation, where the only working notifications are from WhatsApp.

I don't know if I should wait for another update, or try out another ROM. I really liked this ROM though.

As for the gesture navigation unfortunately I can not help you any further with this one because nobody here is using it.

Regarding the notifications all ist working well here with AOSIP. Are you aware that Google has changed the way notifications are working with Android 10? You have to explicitly enable/permit notifications for every app which sends out notifications.

Constrabus

Jun 19, 2009
NYC

In settings, use the search bar to find "gestures". You can use "Pixel Gestures" or "AOSP Gestures" to manage navigation settings.

cangurob

Jul 13, 2016
I use gesture nav, works great. I'm running 20200401 build.

Regarding updating - are you really suggesting this has to be clean install every time there's an update? That's not really feasible for a daily driver... I can't afford to spend half a day reinstalling and configuring apps, reauthenticating, making sure daily data is present, etc every update...

That's not really an update, that's installing a new rom every time!

Edit: I have two issues I wonder if anyone can help with :

1) When I long click on the "bluetooth" icon in the swipe down bar, it doesn't take me to the bluetooth settings page, which is very useful for it to do! I have to go the long way through settings.

2) The camera is HORRIBLE at focusing in videos! I can start a video and then it tries to do some auto focusing and goes completely out, and I can't get it to focus again.

running 20200401 as mentioned above. I was about to update, but if it requires a clean install, then I don't know that I can right now.

Last edited:

Constrabus

Jun 19, 2009
NYC
I use gesture nav, works great. I'm running 20200401 build.

Regarding updating - are you really suggesting this has to be clean install every time there's an update? That's not really feasible for a daily driver... I can't afford to spend half a day reinstalling and configuring apps, reauthenticating, making sure daily data is present, etc every update...

That's not really an update, that's installing a new rom every time!

Edit: I have two issues I wonder if anyone can help with :

1) When I long click on the "bluetooth" icon in the swipe down bar, it doesn't take me to the bluetooth settings page, which is very useful for it to do! I have to go the long way through settings.

2) The camera is HORRIBLE at focusing in videos! I can start a video and then it tries to do some auto focusing and goes completely out, and I can't get it to focus again.

running 20200401 as mentioned above. I was about to update, but if it requires a clean install, then I don't know that I can right now.

no, clean flashing was more for people who were stuck in mi logo bootloop, coming from miui or some other ROM base, or just having issues from latent software from previous flashing - you know, the usual reasons for needing clean flash.

btw, we started releasing officials, i dont think ill be updating these unofficials anymore since the officials are weekly and OTA enabled.

about camera, make sure you're using the latest cam t=from the FAQ section of the officials thread.

about bluetooth menu, this if fixed in the officials

check it out:
https://twitter.com/aosiprom/status/1257939889250762753
https://aosip.dev/perseus
https://aosip.dev/changelog/perseus
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-mix-3/development/rom-android-source-illusion-project-t4096503

cangurob

Jul 13, 2016
no, clean flashing was more for people who were stuck in mi logo bootloop, coming from miui or some other ROM base, or just having issues from latent software from previous flashing - you know, the usual reasons for needing clean flash.

btw, we started releasing officials, i dont think ill be updating these unofficials anymore since the officials are weekly and OTA enabled.

about camera, make sure you're using the latest cam t=from the FAQ section of the officials thread.

about bluetooth menu, this if fixed in the officials

check it out:
https://twitter.com/aosiprom/status/1257939889250762753
https://aosip.dev/perseus
https://aosip.dev/changelog/perseus
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-mix-3/development/rom-android-source-illusion-project-t4096503

Thanks for the reply! Can I dirty flash from 20200401 unofficial to the latest official? OTA updates sounds great. (and should I go gapps or non-gapps if dirty flashing... ?)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

Code:
    [B][CENTER]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****[/CENTER][/B]
    Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:
    AOSIP is a quality custom ROM based purely on AOSP. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.

Downloads:
    ROM
    GCAM (Urnyx x1.5)
    GAPPS (arm64 / 10 stable / nano)
    MAGISK (v20.4)
    TWRP (3.3.1-17 by mauronofrio)

Installation:
    Format Data
    Reboot TWRP
    Wipe (system, cache, data, dalvik)
    Flash (rom, gapps, magisk)
    Boot

Source code:
    Device Source
    AOSiP Gerrit Review
    AOSiP Github
    Kernel Common
    Kernel Source

Team Illusion:
    Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
    Akhil Narang
    Harsh Shandilya
    Anirudh Gupta

Bug reporting:

• DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams (founder and creator of AOSiP)
    Google for Android and AOSP
    LineageOS
    ABC ROM
    AquariOS
    BootleggersROM
    Dirty Unicorns
    PixelExperience
    OmniROM
    CarbonROM
    nathanchance
    ---------
    Other projects whose work helped us to create this
    And last but not the least, all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs so that we can try to release builds that as are flawless as possible
    COMMUNITY:
    We have a community of over 540 helpful Mix 3 users around the world.
    Join us on Telegram if you need help or want to chat: https://t.me/MiMix3Global

FIRMWARE (minimum 9.6.20):
    If you like to be on the latest firmware, you can grab it here.
    You can install this at any time, without affecting your current installation.

MI LOGO BOOTLOOP FIX:
    Try flashing Xiaomi.EU first, and then use the Installation instructions normally.
    Weekly (2.1.16): Download
    Stable (11.0.1.0): Download

NOT WORKING:
    • EVERYTHING IS WORKING NOW!
    CHANGELOG:

16 January 2020:
    • Initial Build
    • All hardware fixed (GPS works in high accuracy mode)
    • Begin Re-implementing OwlsNest

17 January 2020:
    • Map AI Key to launch Music Player (Spotify, etc.)
    • Enable burn-in protection for AOD
    • Add AOSiP overlay features
    • Enable SmartCharging
    • Make rounded corners look better
    • Fix status bar padding
    • Make status bar padding dynamic to screen density changes

20 January 2020:
    • Pixel Gestures
    • Many QS tile fixes
    • Include Screen off animations
    • Fix dark mode to match Settings view
    • Add two themes
    • Add Snap and remove Camera2
    • Animation settings
    • User selectable VoLTE icons
    • Lockscreen visualizer
    • Default launcher dark mode support
    • Allow to choose Lockscreen or Ambient on wake
    • QS Tile Opacity
    • Rounded corner Settings
    • Many More

27 January 2020:
    • Add samsung clock
    • Add binary custom clock
    • Add lockscreen visualizerr
    • Add haptic feedback on QS tiles
    • AOSP Dialer and Contact apps feeature and settings enhancements
    • User selectable VoLTE icons
    • Longpress on QS settings opens OwlsNest
    • Add battery light customization
    • Move Pixel Gesures to OwlsNest

27 March 2020:
    • GPS fully functional!
    • Launcher3 improvements
    • Notification LED setting improvements
    • Navbar Tuner
    • Accent colors
    • Hide pill
    • Mono/Stero QS tile
    • update to r31
    • March security update
    • QS panel opacity
    • Charging animation toggle
    • More AOSiP improvements...

30 March 2020:
    • "OK Google" detection fixed
    • Add mobile Data settings panel
    • Add Mobile Data QS
    • minor doze and proximity improvements
    • since the last build, AI key will perform assistant launch
      (use magisk AI key module if you want to change it to something else)

01 April 2020:
    • Screenshot toast when deleted
    • iPhone style launcher option added (APRIL FOOLS)
    • Screenrecord dialog from Android R dev preview
    • add new BT pairing slice
    • Fix 5Ghz Tethering

02 April 2020:
    • Hey Google Hotword detection fixed for real this time
    • SystemUI: fix notification light pulse for repeating notifications

24 April 2020 (gapps included):

25 April 2020:
    • begin doing both gapps AND nogapps builds
    • attempt launcher crash fix
    • slider fixed!!!! launches FF cam
    • more fixes and enhancements
    • battery icon and settings upgrade
    new build uploading, might be last unofficial if aosip approves me for officials
    Any update on this ROM? Any luck with safety net and GPS?