• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10]Android Open Source illusion Project (9 Nov)[hotdogg][Unofficial]

Search This thread

Dopewaffles

Feb 2, 2020
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
New builds uploading
Hey there! I've been using this ROM since the beginning of this year and I absolutely love it! I wanted to ask you a few questions, and also share my experience and thoughts on this ROM. My question is how do I make the camera reliable? The camera that is on there now boots fine only after the phone restarts. After some time and launching other apps, when I go to open the camera, it just crashes. I've installed G-Cam and deleted the stock Camera app (thinking they would interfere). Do you know how I would solve that problem? Also, if at all possible do you have an APK of the default camera that comes with this ROM, just for my own test purposes lol.

The ROM is fantastic. It's the 4th ROM I've had on this phone and its the one I've had the longest. Features are great, stability is pretty good (I get a modem failure screen every so often) and I really like the customization. I'm hoping to upgrade to the current version you have out. Would I just dirty flash it? Thanks!!!

eqroiueq

Aug 27, 2017
Hey there! I've been using this ROM since the beginning of this year and I absolutely love it! I wanted to ask you a few questions, and also share my experience and thoughts on this ROM. My question is how do I make the camera reliable? The camera that is on there now boots fine only after the phone restarts. After some time and launching other apps, when I go to open the camera, it just crashes. I've installed G-Cam and deleted the stock Camera app (thinking they would interfere). Do you know how I would solve that problem? Also, if at all possible do you have an APK of the default camera that comes with this ROM, just for my own test purposes lol.

The ROM is fantastic. It's the 4th ROM I've had on this phone and its the one I've had the longest. Features are great, stability is pretty good (I get a modem failure screen every so often) and I really like the customization. I'm hoping to upgrade to the current version you have out. Would I just dirty flash it? Thanks!!!
I didn't have many problems with the camera, but I never tried the stock cam, just OpenCamera and GCam (greatness build, with a config by Bradford on the hd1925 telegram channel). As for getting the apk of the stock rom: if you have root, install oandbackup from f-droid, back it up, and then find the apk in sdcard/oandbackup/<the.name.of.the.app>/base.apk . I can't just upload it since I'm not running AOSiP 10 atm.

Dopewaffles

Feb 2, 2020
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
I didn't have many problems with the camera, but I never tried the stock cam, just OpenCamera and GCam (greatness build, with a config by Bradford on the hd1925 telegram channel). As for getting the apk of the stock rom: if you have root, install oandbackup from f-droid, back it up, and then find the apk in sdcard/oandbackup/<the.name.of.the.app>/base.apk . I can't just upload it since I'm not running AOSiP 10 atm.
It's really strange how it acts. I can reboot the phone, and it opens right up. After a day or two I try to open it and it crashes. It takes me anywhere from 2 tries to 20 tries to get it to open. When it crashes, it opens up and displays a black screen, then crashes. Strange right? It gets stranger. The front camera opens just fine. I've never had a problem with accessing the front camera, just the rear one. Doesn't matter which camera its on (since there's the wide and regular) it just crashes. Reboot the phone, camera app works again for another few days.

This is on Gcam too. I've uninstalled the original camera app that came with the ROM via ROOT access so I know there's nothing interfering. It's just bizzare that sometime it works and sometimes it doesn't. Maybe I need to find an updated Gcam APK? idk

Do you happen to have a link for the GCam greatness build with the config by Bradford? If it works for you I'm sure it'll work for me. I'm guessing the config file will make mine work again, hopefully. Thanks!

eqroiueq

Aug 27, 2017
It's really strange how it acts. I can reboot the phone, and it opens right up. After a day or two I try to open it and it crashes. It takes me anywhere from 2 tries to 20 tries to get it to open. When it crashes, it opens up and displays a black screen, then crashes. Strange right? It gets stranger. The front camera opens just fine. I've never had a problem with accessing the front camera, just the rear one. Doesn't matter which camera its on (since there's the wide and regular) it just crashes. Reboot the phone, camera app works again for another few days.

This is on Gcam too. I've uninstalled the original camera app that came with the ROM via ROOT access so I know there's nothing interfering. It's just bizzare that sometime it works and sometimes it doesn't. Maybe I need to find an updated Gcam APK? idk

Do you happen to have a link for the GCam greatness build with the config by Bradford? If it works for you I'm sure it'll work for me. I'm guessing the config file will make mine work again, hopefully. Thanks!
You can find links for GCam Greatness here: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-greatness/
Others report success with GCam Wichaya: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-wichaya/ .
See attached the latest config I have for the Greatness mod (you have to double-tap between the shutter and gallery buttons to load it).

Attachments

• greatness-share.xml
    18 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dopewaffles

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

Code:
    [B][CENTER]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****[/CENTER][/B]
    Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:
    AOSIP is a quality custom ROM based purely on AOSP. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.

Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
    Akhil Narang
    Harsh Shandilya
    Anirudh Gupta

Bug reporting:

• DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Source code:

Unlock Warning:
    By unlocking a OnePlus phone, you can loose permanent functionality in fingerprint scanner and OTAs for Stock ROMS
    Please see 3rd post for backup instructions BEFORE you unlock your device
    Join our Telegram Chat for added support

Downloads:
    ROM
    GCAM (Arnova 7.4 beta)
    MAGISK (canary)
    TWRP (3.4.0-2 by mauronofrio)

Credit/Thanks:
    albinoman887 (HUGE help in device bringup)
    Mike Williams (founder and creator of AOSiP)
    Google for Android and AOSP
    LineageOS
    ABC ROM
    AquariOS
    BootleggersROM
    Dirty Unicorns
    PixelExperience
    OmniROM
    CarbonROM
    nathanchance
    ---------
    Other projects whose work helped us to create this
    And last but not the least, all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs so that we can try to release builds that as are flawless as possible​
    COMMUNITY:
    We have a community McLaren users and developers!
    Join us on Telegram if you need help or want to chat: https://t.me/op7tpro5g

NOT WORKING:
    • Fingerprint Scanner
    • Telephoto lens
    • Wide-Angle lens
    • GPAY
    • Hardware GPS
    • RIL
    • 5G
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Wifi
    • Proximity
    • Light Sensor
    • SafetyNet
    CHANGELOG:

28 May 2020 (not booting):
    • Initial Alpha TEST
    • Released before was able to unlock my device, came to find this didn't boot

18 June 2020:
    • ENG/Rooted alpha test
    • Bluetooth fixed
    • Wifi Fixed
    • RIL Fixed
    • Camera Fixed
    • 5G Fixed
    • Repair SEPolicy for RIL
    • Went SELinux permissive (RIL fix caused cashdumps)

23 June 2020:
    • Fixed SELinux Permissions, again booting Enforcing
    • UserDebug build
    • Ship with Pixel GAPPS going forward
    • Hardware GPS fixed
    • RCS/Chat features working (install carrier services from play store)
    • Hey Google working

24 June 2020:
    • USER Build
    • Fix Safetynet
    • Default to 5G enabled (we used to have to select NR after each boot)
    • Repair SEPolicy for Fingeprint

25 June 2020:
    • Add FaceUnlock
    • Many AOSiP side improvements
    • Begin providing fastboot ZIPs

09 July 2020:
    • Start shipping only fastboot flashable ZIP
    • Start shipping both gapps and non-gapps packages
    • Fix adaptive brightness
    • Tweak fingerprint location and size
    • Lots of Kernel updates
    • AOD enhancements
    • Heads-up setting enhancements
    • Add deskclock (non-gapp version)
    • Setting for default USB mode
    • Gesture Nav enhancements
    • Update to android-10.0.0_r40
    • Update to July security patch
    • VoWIFI
    • Headsup enhancements
    • Full changelog

20 August 2020:
    • Remove Dolby Atmos (broken)
    • Picks
    • Full changelog: this and this
    • Ambiant/locksreen Pulse
    • Headsup Enhancements
    • VoWifi switch
    • AOSP Messaging app enhancements
    • Volume Panel options

29 August 2020:
    • Fix fingerprint
    • Pulse enhancements
    • Update blobs from OOS 10.0.37
    • Fix Cellular Data type selection from crashing Settings (also now persists on reboot)

8 September 2020:
    • Fix FP icon size
      (More responsive unlocking/no more dirty reader messages)
    • Remove FaceUnlock
      (Was causing severe battery drain, via spamming FFC free fall sensor at all times / keeping it active)
    • Adjust FP location for app dialogue
      (No more dual icon when authenticating app requests)

14 September 2020:
    Note: This build may require a fastboot -w if you get stuck on boot animation. Please backup your stuff...
    (We updated partition sizes and userdata is now formatted with f2fs)

• Complete code rebase / cleanup
    • Fix Dalvik system RAM usage (before we were limited to 8GB, now we can use the full 12GB)
    • Moving to no-gapp builds only[/STRKE]
      (Google Search app / Velvet.apk bundled in gapps build was causing severe battery drain. Flash your favorite gapps package. I recommend pico as it doesn't include Velvet.apk. Since this way it is no longer a system app, you can always then install/uninstall it from PlayStore as you like.)
      [*] Bring back FaceUnlock
      [*] Optimize FP (faster unlocking)
      [*] Update partition sizes/reservations to fix gapp, magisk, etc. ZIP flashing via TWRP
      [*] Cleanup on FP icon being covered by PIN/Pattern on lockscreen
      [*] Format userdata partition with f2fs (instead of ext4; should lead to slight performance improvement)
      [*] Many AOSiP-side improvements

15 September 2020:
    • Same as Sept 14, but gapps built in
      (I decided to continue releasing gapp-inegrated builds, in case anyone still wants it - However, I still recommend nogapp + pico for best performance and battery life)

18 September 2020:
    • Update Kernel to 4.14.186 Neutrino
    • Finish fixing layout for FP under the pin pad / pattern lockscreen
    • AOSiP side improvements

09 November 2020:
    • Update Security Patch
    • AOSiP-side updates
    • Minor code cleanup
    All of the people with this device cannot express or thank you enough for your support! I'm sure it hasn't been easy, so from all of us with this device who also have a love/hate relationship with it from a modding standpoint, THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS!
    New builds coming today