• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10]Android Open Source Illusion Project[Bonito][Official]

Search This thread

crashboyd148

Jan 3, 2011
Just loaded this Rom, very snappy, I have run into a issue that I wonder if anyone can help me with. Android Auto won't work with my pioneer radio. It previously worked on stock Android 11 with no issues. Any ideas?

WeaponizedTaco

Mar 8, 2021
Thanks for making this custom ROM, I've been really enjoying how quickly this worked for me.

Posted from my Google Pixel 3a XL

CenFlo

Nov 18, 2008
www.CenFlo.org
I know it stays pretty quiet around here, but I just want to give @Skittles9823 a shout out and say thanks for keeping this rom up to date. I've been using it for quite some time and it's always been solid. Thanks for all the effort and a great rom.

I agree 100%, he's been great about it. Love the updates, @Skittles9823 is the man! Huge thanks for all you do my friend.

Loan75

May 30, 2021
Hello!

thanks for this ROM!!
I installed it a couple of weeks ago (version with Gapps only because I want to take advantage of the great camera features that this phone has), and everything was fine. But now it has started to fail. First the fingerprint detector, and now the calls are not going well. My question is:
After installing the ROM you have to accept updates from Google Play? Can they come from here the failures I have?

thanks in advance!

Karitoriki

Jan 22, 2015
Noril'sk
Google Pixel 3a XL
@Skittles9823 Are you working on an update to Android 11 for this ROM? Don't get me wrong - it's a great ROM, runs superb, but the biggest reason I bought a Pixel 3A XL was so I'd finally have a "mainstream" phone (better ROM support), and because Google guarantees 3 years of updates - all of which are open source on their ROM repository, making the process of custom ROM development much simpler.

As much as I love this ROM I really want to start using the new features in 11. Please let me know what your plan is.

CenFlo

Nov 18, 2008
www.CenFlo.org
I've been having issues with the phone app force closing any time a phone call comes through. Updated all apps and the ROM today, same thing. Went back to stock in this phone as I'm selling it, but wanted to mention the problem with the phone. Annoying as all get out.

LordNerevar

Feb 21, 2012
Google Pixel 3a XL
I've been having issues with the phone app force closing any time a phone call comes through. Updated all apps and the ROM today, same thing. Went back to stock in this phone as I'm selling it, but wanted to mention the problem with the phone. Annoying as all get out.
This ROM included the beta version of the Phone app and it has been extremely buggy since early May. Hopefully if the ROM is updated the non-beta version is included instead.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    url]

Code:
    [B][CENTER]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****[/CENTER][/B]
    Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:
    AOSIP is a quality custom ROM based purely on AOSP. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.

Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
    Akhil Narang
    Harsh Shandilya
    Anirudh Gupta

Bug reporting:

• DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Source code:

Latest Downloads:

Official Server | SourceForge Mirror

Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams (founder and creator of AOSiP)
    Google for Android and AOSP
    LineageOS
    ABC ROM
    AquariOS
    BootleggersROM
    Dirty Unicorns
    PixelExperience
    OmniROM
    CarbonROM
    nathanchance
    ---------
    Other projects whose work helped us to create this
    And last but not the least, all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs so that we can try to release builds that as are flawless as possible

Hosted and built on

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android Open Source Illusion Project, ROM for the Google Pixel 3a XL

Contributors
    Skittles9823
    Source Code: [url]https://github.com/AOSiP[/URL]

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: May 2020 security patch
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-02-04
    Last Updated 2020-05-25
    Installation procedure:
    Have an unlocked bootloader (Not gonna be explained here, there'll be threads in this forum somewhere)

Make sure to backup internal storage as wiping data will delete everything.

Reboot to fastboot and flash the provided boot.img with the following commands:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash boot /path/to/boot.img
    reboot into recovery and select "Apply update from ADB":
    Code:
    fastboot reboot recovery
    adb sideload /path/to/rom.zip
    In recovery before rebooting, make sure to factory reset/wipe data.
    Reboot into the system, and enjoy the illusion!

Update procedure:
    Just use the built in updater. Easy peasy.

Updating with Magisk:
    Update using the built in updater same as you would without magisk, but when it prompts you to reboot, open magisk manager, tap install for the magisk option > then select "install to inactive slot" > then proceed as you normally would and reboot once it's done.

KNOWN ISSUES:
    Currently none, let me know what you find!
    Im on q android 10 stock april 2020 patch with only bootloader unlocked.. can i do this . just got phone and use it for streaming to my cochlear implant.
    update. rooted now. but boot img page no longer works
    update 2 are we waiting for april update?
    Yea, I'd wait a little bit for the new update. New builds should be up soon, the build system finally works for bonito and coral, I'll be flashing a new build later today to test and see if anything is broken and if all is good then officials should be good to go.

Just a note to others who are running older builds that they'll be required to clean flash to use the newer ones as they're being signed now.
    Is there an ETA on March security patch/release?
    Not currently. I'm waiting for major changes in rom source to settle down a bit so clean flashes aren't needed each update as often. I'll most likely release the next build with the April patch with a bunch of fixes. Hopefully within the week of its release.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs