[ROM][10]Android Open Source Illusion Project[Coral][Flame][Official]

Search This thread

krabban

Feb 5, 2014
Umeå
ROMs don't really have good or bad battery - that's up to your usage mainly. A kernel can impact battery life, but unless there's some serious bug - a ROM won't boost or kill your battery life in any real, discernible way.

Yeah your right! I'm on another rom now and getting some high wakelocks in android system.

Clean install. Might try to factory reset and see if it will get better

CyberpodS2

Mar 27, 2012
NE Pennsylvania Boonies
ROMs don't really have good or bad battery - that's up to your usage mainly. A kernel can impact battery life, but unless there's some serious bug - a ROM won't boost or kill your battery life in any real, discernible way.

This is spot on with my own experiences also.

The only time I've seen roms kill batteries other than an explicit bug is either trying to pack too much crap in the bag (for example PacMan) which I guess is a bug in itself lol or some particular setting or app the dev included that is power hungry.

enndub

Jul 8, 2013
Is anyone else having trouble updating google play system and downloading extra download for assistant? They both consistently fail for me. What factory image should I start from if I want to start from scratch?

Also, what's up with the Android 11 fingerprint?

If this was noted in the thread, I apologize, I could not locate the answer before asking.

Can someone using AOSiP (this ROM for coral) confirm the kernel name that is shown (settings/About Phone/Android Version / 10 / KERNEL Version)? To me, I see DU's kernel (UnicornBlood) so I want to make sure I didnt screw up the MAGISK boot img and patched the DU kernel instead of AOSiP.

dragynbane222

Jul 2, 2012
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 5
If this was noted in the thread, I apologize, I could not locate the answer before asking.

Can someone using AOSiP (this ROM for coral) confirm the kernel name that is shown (settings/About Phone/Android Version / 10 / KERNEL Version)? To me, I see DU's kernel (UnicornBlood) so I want to make sure I didnt screw up the MAGISK boot img and patched the DU kernel instead of AOSiP.
DU and AOSiP share the same kernel base, at least for 10, not sure what they are using for 11. What you're seeing is not abnormal and is how it should be.

Reactions: GROOVYJOSHCLARK
Is anyone else having trouble updating google play system and downloading extra download for assistant? They both consistently fail for me. What factory image should I start from if I want to start from scratch?

Also, what's up with the Android 11 fingerprint?
Where do you see the Android 11 fingerprint? None here (Android 10 is seen) but are you using props config in MAGISK to pass safetynet? If so, did you apply the wrong fingerprint? I use this ROM and Android 10's fingerprint is used, but I used props to force basic and used Android 10 fingerprint but even before doing so, I dont recall seeing 11 anywhere.

Google Assistant works great for me, pops up when I call it, and functions as it should.

This ROM is REALLY stable with good battery use (system drain), no bugs, reboots, nor any issues whatsoever (which is why I worried I applied the wrong kernel). The built-in kernel works fantastic (same as good as DU's kernel). I go back and forth between DU and AOSiP, but landed on this ROM (AOSiP) for the extra goodies that DU doesnt have, but they are BOTH flawless. AOSiP is my new DD and will probably remain so for the time being (unless I ever encounter an issue), which I doubt I will. I tested this OS pretty intensely.

Last edited:
I posted this over in pixeldust forum as well, using the new safetynet fix you can pass safetynet again.

Screenshot_20210114-071610.png

First thing I did was backup my SD (just in case), then I FULLY removed magisk (uninstalled), rebooted, installed the latest magisk app, redid my boot.img and enabled root. Rebooted then enabled magisk hide, and installed "safetynet-fix-v1.1.0.zip" along with props (only the two modules in my second pic).

I used the new safetynet fix with magiskhide and props config (using pixel 4XL with 11 fingerprint) with basic forced on my 10 ROM and it's back to normal. Screenshot shows the date and time (right now) with safetynet passed in the background.

You may not need to FULLY remove magisk but I did so because I was testing many modules so I didn't want to confuse things or worse, use a module that wasn't needed and isn't confirmed safe (I tried a lot at first and all found on random internet searches) so I felt it safest to wipe magisk data, delete all downloaded modules, remove magisk FULLY and start over safe and freshly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210114-072822.png
    Screenshot_20210114-072822.png
    276.7 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: mingaldrichgan

wrongway213

Recognized Dev & Contributor / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 27, 2014
Canton, OH
Google Pixel 7
I posted this over in pixeldust forum as well, using the new safetynet fix you can pass safetynet again.

View attachment 5187039

First thing I did was backup my SD (just in case), then I FULLY removed magisk (uninstalled), rebooted, installed the latest magisk app, redid my boot.img and enabled root. Rebooted then enabled magisk hide, and installed "safetynet-fix-v1.1.0.zip" along with props (only the two modules in my second pic).

I used the new safetynet fix with magiskhide and props config (using pixel 4XL with 11 fingerprint) with basic forced on my 10 ROM and it's back to normal. Screenshot shows the date and time (right now) with safetynet passed in the background.

You may not need to FULLY remove magisk but I did so because I was testing many modules so I didn't want to confuse things or worse, use a module that wasn't needed and isn't confirmed safe (I tried a lot at first and all found on random internet searches) so I felt it safest to wipe magisk data, delete all downloaded modules, remove magisk FULLY and start over safe and freshly.

Just a heads up, I can tell from you posting all this that you weren't sure so I'll inform you and anyone else who may be reading:

None of that was necessary. Flashing the modules over your existing setup would have been fine. There's no harm in you having started clean - just letting you know for next time you don't gotta do all that, & anyone else reading as well. Hope that's helpful 👍

Just a heads up, I can tell from you posting all this that you weren't sure so I'll inform you and anyone else who may be reading:

None of that was necessary. Flashing the modules over your existing setup would have been fine. There's no harm in you having started clean - just letting you know for next time you don't gotta do all that, & anyone else reading as well. Hope that's helpful 👍
Yup agreed, I wasn't sure what was needed at the time and since I am also a dev, I did lots of testing/hacking with code changes so I wanted to get back to basics before I tested the latest method. I had tons of changes I made with numerous modules installed so I wanted the best chance of success with the least amount of changes made or installed to relay to everyone only what's needed. Once I cleared my device of all magisk, magisk modules, and code changes I made, I started over with just this 2 modules.

I'm sure I did overkill but I don't like leaving untested modules or apps installed so it was more for my safety because I forgot everything I did and installed.

Thanks for the clarification! (y)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png
    Code:
    [B][CENTER]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****[/CENTER][/B]
    Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:
    AOSIP is a quality custom ROM based purely on AOSP. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.​

Team Illusion:

Bug reporting:

• DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams (founder and creator of AOSiP)
    Google for Android and AOSP
    LineageOS
    ABC ROM
    AquariOS
    BootleggersROM
    Dirty Unicorns
    PixelExperience
    OmniROM
    CarbonROM
    nathanchance
    ---------
    Other projects whose work helped us to create this
    And last but not the least, all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs so that we can try to release builds that as are flawless as possible

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][10]Android Open Source Illusion Project[Coral][Flame][Official], ROM for the Google Pixel 4 XL

Contributors
    xlxfoxxlx
    Source Code: http://www.github.com/aosip

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: aosp

Version Information

Created 2020-02-13
    Last Updated 2020-09-05
    INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:
    Have an unlocked bootloader, and knowledge of adb/fastboot
    flash the boot.img in fastboot(fastboot flash boot boot.img)
    boot to aosp recovery
    Factory reset phone in aosp recovery
    choose install update from adb
    adb sideload AOSiP*.zip
    Reboot into the system, and enjoy the illusion!

KNOWN ISSUES:
    - No issues of my testing
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • Include your firmware versions in reports.
    • Mention any and all Magisk modules you might be using along with the Magisk version
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.
    Newest update is up (7/23) and includes many changes to device, we are now building vendor instead of including stock so thorough testing is needed. Cts is fixed to pass with magisk hide. Some time this week I will be doing a mid week release for coral that will require flashing a boot image and flashing the build manually as we are changing the keys used for signing. After that build the next weekly will flash fine through updater.
    Ok so i will be running the update here shortly, if you get a notification from updater please do not download as it wont save. Instead download the latest from https://aosip.dev/coral when it is up. The boot image that you will need to flash first is here flash that in bootloader and then boot to recovery and flash the new zip. After this build you will be ok to update to the next weekly with the inbuilt Updater. if you plan to root use that boot and patch it from magisk manager.