[ROM][10]Android Open Source Illusion Project[Coral][Flame][Official]

Search This thread
Need adb sideload both ROM and gapps?
No, not if you are using the ROM version with GAPPs. The latest release on sourceforge is GAPP'd (and says it in the name), so this means GAPPs are included with the ROM install. This means you do not need to also flash GAPPs separately, so do not also install GAPPs after the ROM install or you will error everywhere with Google framework issues:

AOSiP-10-Gapps-coral-20210621.zip

Ejay Soe

Mar 6, 2014
Yangon
No, not if you are using the ROM version with GAPPs. The latest release on sourceforge is GAPP'd (and says it in the name), so this means GAPPs are included with the ROM install. This means you do not need to also flash GAPPs separately, so do not also install GAPPs after the ROM install or you will error everywhere with Google framework issues:

AOSiP-10-Gapps-coral-20210621.zip

Thanks

Reactions: GROOVYJOSHCLARK

AlexKarimov

Oct 13, 2019
Recently flashed this on used Pixel 4(Flame) and I love the ROM but I've encountered an issue on both the non-GApps and GApps builds.

It started when I took the phone with me driving and plugged it into a USB-aux cable to listen to music(Pulsar music player). At first the phone played through its own speakers, like it wasn't plugged in. Upon unplugging and plugging back in, the phone played through the stereo as it should. Less than a minute later, it rebooted and stayed in a bootloop until I reset it with volume and power keys. The phone ran fine after this until I plugged it in and the same freeze to reboot happened again. With more time, I clean flashed both GApps and non-GApps builds and tested again. The error occurs on both.

Specifics:
Flashed image-flame-qq3a.200805.001.zip with corresponding bootloader and radio
Skipped setup and enabled USB debugging
Flashed AOSiP-10-Official-flame-20210621.zip per instructions in 2nd post
Rebooted to recovery and attempted to flash OpenGApps Pico but failed
Rebooted to system and boot TWRP
Pushed OpenGApps Pico to /sdcard and flashed through TWRP
Rebooted and set up phone. There were no random reboots until the aforementioned issue

At this point, I thought it was maybe the the GApps package or the way I flashed it and that's when I flashed the GApps build of AOSIP with the same result. I should note that the cables and Pulsar don't cause any issues on my rooted 4a so it's possible there's a flaw with this phone in particular.

The logcat is from the GApps build. I plugged the phone into my laptop and started Pulsar music player. I closed it once and reopened to find a blank screen and a freeze. The phone rebooted not long after and hung in a bootloop until I ended the log. The phone is not rooted.

If there's anything else I can do, please let me know. I'm going to flash a different ROM just to make sure it's not the device itself.

Thank you for all your work.

EDIT: I'm having trouble attaching the logcat. Hopefully this helps

dragynbane222

Jul 2, 2012
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 5
Recently flashed this on used Pixel 4(Flame) and I love the ROM but I've encountered an issue on both the non-GApps and GApps builds.

It started when I took the phone with me driving and plugged it into a USB-aux cable to listen to music(Pulsar music player). At first the phone played through its own speakers, like it wasn't plugged in. Upon unplugging and plugging back in, the phone played through the stereo as it should. Less than a minute later, it rebooted and stayed in a bootloop until I reset it with volume and power keys. The phone ran fine after this until I plugged it in and the same freeze to reboot happened again. With more time, I clean flashed both GApps and non-GApps builds and tested again. The error occurs on both.

Specifics:
Rebooted and set up phone. There were no random reboots until the aforementioned issue

At this point, I thought it was maybe the the GApps package or the way I flashed it and that's when I flashed the GApps build of AOSIP with the same result. I should note that the cables and Pulsar don't cause any issues on my rooted 4a so it's possible there's a flaw with this phone in particular.

The logcat is from the GApps build. I plugged the phone into my laptop and started Pulsar music player. I closed it once and reopened to find a blank screen and a freeze. The phone rebooted not long after and hung in a bootloop until I ended the log. The phone is not rooted.

If there's anything else I can do, please let me know. I'm going to flash a different ROM just to make sure it's not the device itself.

Logs would really help, without them troubleshooting is nl insanely tough. Should be able to get at least some of the log through adb shell logcat

Reactions: flash713

Specifics:

EDIT: I'm having trouble attaching the logcat. Hopefully this helps
My guess is the Google framework is screwed up, I cant reproduce it but looking at your log shows many Google framework crashing, then your media service dying. I wouldn't install the way you did, instead, simply download the GAPP'd version, then FASTBOOT the boot.img and boot off it, then ADB sideload the update (the GAPPd version). The issue you face seems like missing or corrupt Google required services, and you noted GAPP issues flashing it so it lines up in my opinion. I would clean it, and start over, but use the .zip GAPPd version, not the images. I do not feel its your USB interface but the Google framework crapping the media service.

Attachments

• 9-17-2021 6-22-51 AM.png
    9-17-2021 6-22-51 AM.png
    231.3 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: AlexKarimov

AlexKarimov

Oct 13, 2019
My guess is the Google framework is screwed up, I cant reproduce it but looking at your log shows many Google framework crashing, then your media service dying. I wouldn't install the way you did, instead, simply download the GAPP'd version, then FASTBOOT the boot.img and boot off it, then ADB sideload the update (the GAPPd version). The issue you face seems like missing or corrupt Google required services, and you noted GAPP issues flashing it so it lines up in my opinion. I would clean it, and start over, but use the .zip GAPPd version, not the images. I do not feel its your USB interface but the Google framework crapping the media service.
Thank you for looking at the log. I confirmed it's not the device nor the cables. I've flashed two other ROMs and had no issues. You're right, there were a lot of errors in flashing the open gapps through twrp but the log is from the GAPP'd version itself with no apps disabled.

However, I'll clean flash and try the GAPP'd version again and report back. Thanks again.

Reactions: GROOVYJOSHCLARK
Thank you for looking at the log. I confirmed it's not the device nor the cables. I've flashed two other ROMs and had no issues. You're right, there were a lot of errors in flashing the open gapps through twrp but the log is from the GAPP'd version itself with no apps disabled.

However, I'll clean flash and try the GAPP'd version again and report back. Thanks again.
no worries, I used AOSiP ritually in the beginning (until 11ROMs came the norm) and never had these issues, so keep me in the loop and let me know how it goes. I only recently moved away (well few months now) as 11 became solid, stable, and bug-free otherwise I would still be on AOSiP 10 ROM.

AlexKarimov

Oct 13, 2019
I've tested again and was able to flash openGapps pico through twrp with no errors other than "unable to mount vendor" but even flashing the AOSIP-GAPPS ROM again, the problem still occurs. The same issue also occurs on another A10 Custom ROM that has GAPPS included but Stock A10 functioned flawlessly. All attempts were done after a clean flash and following the proper installation procedures.

I didn't reproduce a log because there's one in my OP with the same issue taken from the GAPP'd version of AOSIP after a clean flash. I have no idea what it could be but thank you to all who looked into it.

EDIT - To clarify: I flashed the no-GAPPS-AOSIP than flashed OPEN GAPPS. After the same issue, I clean flashed back to stock A10 and flashed the GAPP'd AOSIP with the same results.

I've tested again and was able to flash openGapps pico through twrp with no errors other than "unable to mount vendor" but even flashing the AOSIP-GAPPS ROM again, the problem still occurs. The same issue also occurs on another A10 Custom ROM that has GAPPS included but Stock A10 functioned flawlessly. All attempts were done after a clean flash and following the proper installation procedures.

I didn't reproduce a log because there's one in my OP with the same issue taken from the GAPP'd version of AOSIP after a clean flash. I have no idea what it could be but thank you to all who looked into it.

EDIT - To clarify: I flashed the no-GAPPS-AOSIP than flashed OPEN GAPPS. After the same issue, I clean flashed back to stock A10 and flashed the GAPP'd AOSIP with the same results.
Yes, I was also testing the latest version (both GAPP'd/non-GAPP'd) and I couldn't get it to boot. I tried to test for you to make sure it wasn't your process, and I don't think it is. I know because I follow the steps to the T and I am a dev, and at one time, baked ROMs for users on XDA, so I know how to follow steps and develop/install ROMs. I am only adding in that extra bit of info so you know I am decent with Android development and have been one since ICS years, so this wasn't a user error (nor do I think your issues were either).

After attempting a few times, they all error'd and wouldn't boot, and wouldn't go past the BOOTLOADER. It was error'd with "prepare boot failure" no matter if I used the stock boot.img, or pulled it from the payload (ROM/boot.img) using python, or even if I tried to just boot from the install/OS after a clean/fresh install. Every attempt failed with prepared boot error so honestly, I don't know what the status is right now of the 10 AOSiP. I haven't built, used, or run any 10 images or ROMs in a while so it might be the firmware we are coming from causing the issue, I am not sure. I did prep before the 10 install (AOSiP) by factory resetting the required version using a Google Factory image restore based on the required firmware level the ROM is seeking. I know this because its within the ROM itself, and found inside the METADATA under this location - AOSiP-10-Gapps-coral-20210621.zip\META-INF\com\android\metadata. Opening this file (attached pic example), shows the following 11 firmware is needed so this may be our hiccup (using the 11 firmware with a 10 boot) but IDK - coral-rp1a.200720.009

I will need to test more scenarios with using 10, 10 BOOT.img, and so on, but I also need my phone so I rolled back to ProtonAOSP (11) for right now. I will resume testing on this next week when I can rebuild my phone.

Attachments

• 9-19-2021 7-31-23 AM.png
    9-19-2021 7-31-23 AM.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: AlexKarimov

AlexKarimov

Oct 13, 2019
Yes, I was also testing the latest version (both GAPP'd/non-GAPP'd) and I couldn't get it to boot. I tried to test for you to make sure it wasn't your process, and I don't think it is. I know because I follow the steps to the T and I am a dev, and at one time, baked ROMs for users on XDA, so I know how to follow steps and develop/install ROMs. I am only adding in that extra bit of info so you know I am decent with Android development and have been one since ICS years, so this wasn't a user error (nor do I think your issues were either).

After attempting a few times, they all error'd and wouldn't boot, and wouldn't go past the BOOTLOADER. It was error'd with "prepare boot failure" no matter if I used the stock boot.img, or pulled it from the payload (ROM/boot.img) using python, or even if I tried to just boot from the install/OS after a clean/fresh install. Every attempt failed with prepared boot error so honestly, I don't know what the status is right now of the 10 AOSiP. I haven't built, used, or run any 10 images or ROMs in a while so it might be the firmware we are coming from causing the issue, I am not sure. I did prep before the 10 install (AOSiP) by factory resetting the required version using a Google Factory image restore based on the required firmware level the ROM is seeking. I know this because its within the ROM itself, and found inside the METADATA under this location - AOSiP-10-Gapps-coral-20210621.zip\META-INF\com\android\metadata. Opening this file (attached pic example), shows the following 11 firmware is needed so this may be our hiccup (using the 11 firmware with a 10 boot) but IDK - coral-rp1a.200720.009

I will need to test more scenarios with using 10, 10 BOOT.img, and so on, but I also need my phone so I rolled back to ProtonAOSP (11) for right now. I will resume testing on this next week when I can rebuild my phone.
WOW! Thank you so much for all of this. I've experimented a little more to since the 4 is my spare/tester(daily is a 4a) and I had a few more results.

One more A10 Rom I flashed has the issue but the last one I tried doesn't. So, not slamming any ROMs or Devs but just in the interests of adding more info:

Issue happens on:
AOSiP(both versions)
DU
Pixeldust

Issue doesn't happen on:
Stock A10
Scorpion

EDIT: Don't know if it's related but something to consider is that I'm pretty sure the first 3 ROMs all share the same kernel. I don't know if it's the cause but there it is.

WOW! Thank you so much for all of this. I've experimented a little more to since the 4 is my spare/tester(daily is a 4a) and I had a few more results.

One more A10 Rom I flashed has the issue but the last one I tried doesn't. So, not slamming any ROMs or Devs but just in the interests of adding more info:

Issue happens on:
AOSiP(both versions)
DU
Pixeldust

Issue doesn't happen on:
Stock A10
Scorpion

EDIT: Don't know if it's related but something to consider is that I'm pretty sure the first 3 ROMs all share the same kernel. I don't know if it's the cause but there it is.

Nice findings! Yeah I would imagine its something along those lines of sharing the same base code causing them all to face the same issue, but what's the underlying issue, that's what I need to figure out.

I am on ProtonAOSP right now (11) so I cant test anything else for a few days with my work (I am on-call and cant risk it), but I will try to figure out whats up and going on with the 10s. I also suspect its the firmware level as most of us are on 11 base, so even though it shows an 11 base in the ROM METADATA, it might be the cause and we need a 10 base (IDK I am guesstimating here without factual data yet). I will test it later when I get a chance as AOSiP was always my go to DD for most of my devices (when available for that device) so I love it too and would love to run it again! I may build an 11 myself (if no one else does soon), but IDK if I have time or if the source is available. I would have to review/research and see whats there and what is needed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png
    Code:
    [B][CENTER]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****[/CENTER][/B]
    Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:
    AOSIP is a quality custom ROM based purely on AOSP. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.​

Team Illusion:

Bug reporting:

• DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams (founder and creator of AOSiP)
    Google for Android and AOSP
    LineageOS
    ABC ROM
    AquariOS
    BootleggersROM
    Dirty Unicorns
    PixelExperience
    OmniROM
    CarbonROM
    nathanchance
    ---------
    Other projects whose work helped us to create this
    And last but not the least, all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs so that we can try to release builds that as are flawless as possible

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][10]Android Open Source Illusion Project[Coral][Flame][Official], ROM for the Google Pixel 4 XL

Contributors
    xlxfoxxlx
    Source Code: http://www.github.com/aosip

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: aosp

Version Information

Created 2020-02-13
    Last Updated 2020-09-05
    INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:
    Have an unlocked bootloader, and knowledge of adb/fastboot
    flash the boot.img in fastboot(fastboot flash boot boot.img)
    boot to aosp recovery
    Factory reset phone in aosp recovery
    choose install update from adb
    adb sideload AOSiP*.zip
    Reboot into the system, and enjoy the illusion!

KNOWN ISSUES:
    - No issues of my testing
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • Include your firmware versions in reports.
    • Mention any and all Magisk modules you might be using along with the Magisk version
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.
    Newest update is up (7/23) and includes many changes to device, we are now building vendor instead of including stock so thorough testing is needed. Cts is fixed to pass with magisk hide. Some time this week I will be doing a mid week release for coral that will require flashing a boot image and flashing the build manually as we are changing the keys used for signing. After that build the next weekly will flash fine through updater.
    Ok so i will be running the update here shortly, if you get a notification from updater please do not download as it wont save. Instead download the latest from https://aosip.dev/coral when it is up. The boot image that you will need to flash first is here flash that in bootloader and then boot to recovery and flash the new zip. After this build you will be ok to update to the next weekly with the inbuilt Updater. if you plan to root use that boot and patch it from magisk manager.