[ROM][10]Android Open Source Illusion Project[Hotdogb][Official]

anirudhgupta109

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2016

Code:
[B][CENTER]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****[/CENTER][/B]
Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:
AOSIP is a quality custom ROM based purely on AOSP. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.

Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
Akhil Narang
Harsh Shandilya
Anirudh Gupta

Source code:

AOSiP Gerrit Review
AOSiP Github
Kernel Source
(A massive thanks to @0ctobot and @RenderBroken for the help with the kernel)

Latest Downloads:

Official Server | SourceForge Mirror
NOTE:

- Download the Fastboot images zip of the variant you want

- There are two variants, "Official" does not contain Gapps while "Gapps" does.

Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams (founder and creator of AOSiP)
Google for Android and AOSP
LineageOS
ABC ROM
AquariOS
BootleggersROM
Dirty Unicorns
PixelExperience
OmniROM
CarbonROM
nathanchance
---------
Other projects whose work helped us to create this
And last but not the least, all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs so that we can try to release builds that as are flawless as possible

Hosted and built on

XDA:DevDB Information
Android Open Source Illusion Project, ROM for the OnePlus 7T

Contributors
anirudhgupta109
Source Code: [url]https://www.github.com/AOSiP[/URL]

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: OxygenOS 10.0.2 or above
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-12-14
Last Updated 2020-05-06

Last edited:

anirudhgupta109

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2016
Reserved

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:
MAKE SURE YOU'RE ON THE LATEST OOS FROM HERE

DO NOT EVER WIPE SYSTEM OR VENDOR ON THE OP7T!!!!!

Considering how the 7T doesn't have TWRP and has dynamic partitions, I'll try to explain everything in detail:

1. If you're coming from another ROM (including OOS) or need to perform a clean flash:
  • Boot into the bootloader (if you don't know how to do this, you should probably not flash)
  • Connect your phone to your PC and in an ADB/Fastboot shell, wipe device using
    Code:
    fastboot -w
  • Connect your phone to your PC and in an ADB/Fastboot shell, type
    Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    NOTE: If command prompt/line complains about fastboot not being a valid target you need to update fastboot from HERE
  • Your phone should now be in fastbootd (the UI is exactly like recovery mode so don't get confused)
    Read about fastbootd HERE
  • Type the following to make sure your phone is in fastbootd while also making sure your phone is in the recovery-like UI
    Code:
    fastboot getvar is-userspace
  • If the above does returns the value true you can now flash the ROMs, if it doesn't try figuring out what went wrong (I don't want to hear about the failed attempts, please don't spam the thread with them)
  • Type this command to flash the ROM:
    Code:
    fastboot update <ROM.zip>
    NOTE: IF COMMAND LINE IS SAYING:
    Code:
    archive does not contain 'xyz.sig'
    This is normal, ignore it.
  • After the above is done, your device will automatically reboot to AOSiP, have fun!
    OPTIONAL:
  • If you want magisk, patch the boot image from the AOSiP site which ends in the name -boot.img, in Magisk manager
  • Boot to bootloader
  • Boot into that image (DO NOT FLASH!!!)
    Code:
    fastboot boot magisk_patched.img
  • Install Magisk manager and from it select Install > Direct install
  • Reboot and enjoy AOSiP with Magisk!
  • Enjoy
    OPTIONAL:
    If you'd like to convert to F2FS:
  • Open settings>system>reset options and select Erase all data (factory reset)
  • This'll wipe all data and convert your device to f2fs automatically!

2. If you're updating the ROM:
a. Via the inbuilt Updater
  • When you get a notification of new build available, tap it
  • Tap Download
  • Wait for Download
  • Tap install
  • Wait for install
  • If you use Magisk, open Magisk Manager, select install, select Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA)
  • Tap reboot
  • Enjoy!!
b. Manually via bootloader
  • Disable all substratum overlays if you have a theme applied
  • Boot into fastbootd
    If you're booted into the system
    Code:
    adb reboot fastboot
    If you're booted into bootloader
    Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot
  • Flash the ROM using
    Code:
    fastboot update <ROM.zip>
    NOTE: YOU DO NOT NEED TO WIPE DATA WHEN UPDATING
  • Reboot to system and enjoy
NOTE: If you have issues with Settings or Play Services force-closes you need to clean flash (Method 1).

KNOWN ISSUES:
Auto brightness is wonky in dark enviroments Fixed in 20200625

Last edited:

anirudhgupta109

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2016
Reserved

Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • Include your OOS base versions in reports. (Eg: 10.0.1, 10.0.2, 10.0.6 etc.)
  • Mention any and all Magisk modules you might be using along with the Magisk version
  • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Last edited:

anirudhgupta109

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2016
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: Fastboot isn't allowing me to flash system image, what am I doing wrong?
A: You haven't booted to fastbootd (the UI looks like recovery and fastboot devices command shows the device in fastboot mode)

Q: What GApps do I flash?
A: You cannot flash Gapps on the device, use the Gapps variant build instead if you need Gapps.

Q: When booting to the Magisk patched image, it leads to crashdump mode.
A: You didn't select the first two options in Magisk Manager before patching the boot image under Advanced settings (i.e. Preserve force encryption and Preserve AVB 2.0/dm-verity).

Q: Do I have to wipe data if coming from another ROM?
A: Yes, I will not be providing help/support to users that haven't wiped data when coming from another ROM.

Q: How often will I be getting updates?
A: The plan is for weeklies, if unavoidable circumstances come up, please don't spam the thread. I will release a build as soon as one is ready.

Q: Does VoLTE/VoWiFi work?
A: VoLTE works, I have tested on Airtel in India and a couple of my US based testers have too.
VoWiFi (WiFi Calling) works based on my testers in the US and for me on Airtel (India), let me know about other carriers.

Q: Does Android Auto work?
A: I don't have accessibility to an Android Auto vehicle nor the hardware but my testers have confirmed that it works! Let me know if it does for you too so that others have concrete proof about it.

Q: I ended up on CrashDump mode, how do I get back to my system?
A: Theres a valuable thread HERE which can help restoring your system, you WILL LOSE ALL DATA and I will not be blamed under any circumstances.

Q: Is the ROM official?
A: The ROM is Official.

Q: I use Telegram, where can I find help on that platform?
A: There is a common AOSiP Group Chat for all devices, the link is HERE

Q: Does SafteyNet pass and is the SELinux Enforcing?
A: Yes, SafteyNet does pass out-of-the-box and SELinux is Enforcing.

Q: What OOS Base firmware do I use?
A: OOS 10.0.6 is the recommended base firmware right now.

Q: I'm having high idle drain, please fix.
A: I'll need more data from you to figure it out, Install BetterBatteryStats and let me know about what it tells you after 3-4 charge cycles. Please do not report issues when having apps like Greenify, Naptime, Wakelock blocker etc.

Q: My phone is stuck on the "Bootloader is unlocked" warning page, why isn't my system booting?
A: Since there are a bunch of scripts being executed when the device is sent a power on signal, it might take some time to boot. Don't panic, your system will boot fine after some time. All builds are personally tested by me and a few testers.

Last edited:

yqx1110

Aug 5, 2018
This is the most detailed instructions I've ever seen on xda. Very well written. Thanks for your patience teaching a newb everything he should know. And congrats for your nice work!

elanandkumar

Sep 1, 2011
Bangalore
I installed it. Great work. Thanks.
All looks fine so far. Didn't setup fingerprint yet so no comments on that.

The only thing that I did not like much is the camera app. Can we have camera of Oneplus or GCam please? I know, I can install gcam separately but would be better if it is included instead of the one available right now in the rom.

Mohammed779

Dec 28, 2012
So far the experience has been great. Fingerprint is pretty good, about 9/10 success times.

I noticed that the FP icon when pressed is only a white circle, while on OOS it's white with red in middle, that wouldn't factor in accuracy?

Additionally, on AOD, does the screen stay running at 90Hz? As that would make it drain battery quite fast.

Either way, great ROM, thank you.

Last edited:

anirudhgupta109

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2016
Yay, aosip is here. You are the man @anirudhgupta109 glad you got Verizon going. Kudos to the Verizon tester and whatnot.
Thanks a lot for testing that annoying carrier ???❤❤

so when you say a clean flash, does it mean wiping the internal storage as well cause it'll be a little vexing to transfer all the data again and again
Yes, clean flashing includes internal storage.
The only time you need to clean flash is when coming from another ROM.
When updating AOSiP you don't need to so it's basically a one time process.

Very well written op and following couple posts. OP's like this is why I still use XDA everything right where you need it instead of having to go through thousands of lines of Chat.
This is the most detailed instructions I've ever seen on xda. Very well written. Thanks for your patience teaching a newb everything he should know. And congrats for your nice work!
Thanks for the kind words the two of you, it took awhile to type it out for everyone, glad it's appreciated ??

I installed it. Great work. Thanks.
All looks fine so far. Didn't setup fingerprint yet so no comments on that.

The only thing that I did not like much is the camera app. Can we have camera of Oneplus or GCam please? I know, I can install gcam separately but would be better if it is included instead of the one available right now in the rom.
We are an open source project so including any form of closed source apps we can do away with irks me. The idea of having GApps inside the ROM itself feels wrong but it's a necessity.
Anyway, the latest Urnyx GCam works perfectly with AOSiP without any magisk modules nor setting permissive selinux. It's literally install and use so you can do so if you need to.
The OnePlus Camera also works, just that it needs to be launched from the long press menu on your launcher.

So far the experience has been great. Fingerprint is pretty good, about 9/10 success times.

I noticed that the FP icon when pressed is only a white circle, while on OOS it's white with red in middle, that wouldn't factor in accuracy?

Additionally, on AOD, does the screen stay running at 90Hz? As that would make it drain battery quite fast.

Either way, great ROM, thank you.
That's an interesting observation, I'll look into the red center.

No, there is nothing to refresh on AOD so it doesn't run on 90Hz.

You can also choose the type of 90Hz you want to run with in OnePlus Settings (forced or auto)

BGVampire

Feb 23, 2011
Portland
Hey the google bar seems to be permanently affixed to the home screen, I cant drag it away like a normal widget, is there anything I can do about that short of installing a launcher?

mikefnz

Jan 30, 2008
Christchurch

What are my chances if I start from 10.0.7?
I've got problems with an updated rooted 1903. Tried to keep root but didn't work. Now I've got no wifi and no sound.
Will this get me rolling again?
Many thanks

hru200

Sep 15, 2015
help !!!

Code:
[B][CENTER]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****[/CENTER][/B]
Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:
AOSIP is a quality custom ROM based purely on AOSP. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.

Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
Akhil Narang
Harsh Shandilya
Anirudh Gupta

Source code:

AOSiP Gerrit Review
AOSiP Github
Kernel Source
(A massive thanks to @0ctobot and @RenderBroken for the help with the kernel)

Latest Downloads:

Official Server | SourceForge Mirror
NOTE:
- Since the ROM is big in size due to gapps, try downloading from SourceForge to make sure you get the complete file and also compare md5sum.
- GApps is already pre-included in the ROM.

Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams (founder and creator of AOSiP)
Google for Android and AOSP
LineageOS
ABC ROM
AquariOS
BootleggersROM
Dirty Unicorns
PixelExperience
OmniROM
CarbonROM
nathanchance
---------
Other projects whose work helped us to create this
And last but not the least, all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs so that we can try to release builds that as are flawless as possible

Hosted and built on

XDA:DevDB Information
Android Open Source Illusion Project, ROM for the OnePlus 7T

Contributors
anirudhgupta109
Source Code: https://www.github.com/AOSiP

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: OxygenOS 10.0.6
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-12-14
Last Updated 2019-12-14
writing 'system' ...
FAILED (partition not found)

Mohammed779

Dec 28, 2012
writing 'system' ...
FAILED (partition not found)
Follow the instructions maybe?

Type "fastboot reboot fastboot" then do the images flashing commands.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Anyone having weaker WiFi signal compared to OOS? On a 5GHz WiFi that is. Same testing position, yet much weaker. Additionally, frequent disconnections.

Last edited: